*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,085 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Page 66 is actually a pretty solid name for a production company.

I say this as someone who's been brainstorming names of biotech companies for the last few months and is stuck with something less than awesome
TCTTS
AG
I hear Theranos isn't taken anymore...
amercer
AG
Sadly, my voice isn't deep enough for that.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CJS4715 said:

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

brainstorming names of biotech companies
Screwing With Nature, LLC.
The Collective
AG
That is amazing.
bearamedic99
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

bearamedic99 said:

Batzarro said:

PAGE 66

Name of the production company?
This thread is on page 66, which was the order number Palpatine gave to the clones to eliminate the Jedi.

Yeah, I got that. But it was a play on order 66 which was being discussed
A. Solzhenitsyn
Brian Earl Spilner said:

CJS4715 said:

somehow this nerd looks out of shape even in full armor.
Duncan Idaho
Nevermind that he is holding palps backwards
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

Ha. I've got the perfect sketch-of-an-idea to test this with, too. Like a sci-fi Da Vinci code type thing. It would be so fun to start a thread and brainstorm, but I need to find the time to develop it just a bit more first.

That said, I do have another project I'm working on right now - a TV series - that has me somewhat stuck. I've got like 50% of the pilot figured out, and like 75% of "The Lore" that informs it. My business partners have weighed in a bit, and we've cracked it a little more, but I'm sure the TexAgs hive-mind could have it solved in a matter of days. Part of the problem is that I'm trying to finish a feature length screenplay simultaneously, and haven't been able to devote full brain power to the series, but it might actually be worth running it by TexAgs in the vaguest of terms in the next few days. I need some creative geological expertise, and I feel like that'd be in high supply here.

Do I get to be included if I promise to keep my Uber right wing Hollywood conspiracies and my white supremacy in check?
As long as none of my ideas aren't misinterpreted as "liberal propaganda," any and all posters will be accepted.

You had to go make this harder than it is..
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I could be wrong, but I think he understands that. I took his post as wondering if the production company should be named that for the very reasons you listed.
Probably a better take. I can be fairly literal at times.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty thorough recap of how Palpatine could still be "alive"... from a video released in October of last year...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
exitone
AG
I'm reading the Darth Plagueis book right now. I'm only about half way done, but this really seems to be a lot of source material they could draw from for what we know of ep 9. Has anyone read this? The story of Darth Plagueis (the wise ) seems to be centered around his long term plans for control of the Republic (he is really playing the long game), as well as his fascination with the force and how to control it to extend life. He conducts a lot of experimentation on different species to see how the midi-chlorians co-exist with their bodies, and how that might be used to his advantage. It also shows him finding Palpatine and bringing him slowly into his plans (which so far from what I have read lead into what we see in ep 1), as well as Sidious finding Maul.

This book really seems to be setting up how some of these rumors for ep 9 could be played out. It also shows how Palpatine learned from his master and could really be playing the long game here too.

As a side note, after reading this book, I'm almost convinced that JJ had intended Snoke to be Plaguesis.
Flashdiaz
AG
exitone said:

As a side note, after reading this book, I'm almost convinced that JJ had intended Snoke to be Plaguesis.

Rian with JJ's story intentions

exitone
AG
Exactly.... and congratulations. I don't think I have ever seen a more perfect summation in gif form.
TCTTS
AG
This is basically what that video I posted a couple posts above yours summarizes. It all really does feel too perfect not to somehow be included or alluded to in TROS.
redline248
AG
Isn't that Plageuis book Legends, now? I know the Tarkin book supposedly references it, but it's not part of the current canon. Obviously, that doesn't mean they can't use the material.
exitone
AG
My bad, feeling stupid now. I hadn't seen your video yet. Your right though, that pretty much lays out the Darth Plagueis tale as the lead in for the return of Palpatine. Good on this guy for laying that all out in October. It's a pretty good explanation for why its really the only option. And a nice slap in the face to Rian Johnson (and Hux for that matter).
exitone
AG
redline248 said:

Isn't that Plageuis book Legends, now? I know the Tarkin book supposedly references it, but it's not part of the current canon. Obviously, that doesn't mean they can't use the material.
Yes, its Legends. While reading, I have been trying to catch points that might stop them from bringing it into the true canon as it sits today. I'm only 50% through, but haven't come across anything yet.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, no worries. Just more confirmation that this feels like the right path.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Oh, no worries. Just more confirmation that this feels like the right path.
You know that the theory probably has it's root in that book, right? That kind of confirmation gave us 2 years of collusion investigation.
TCTTS
AG
Yes, I get that. I was referring to the fact that we both felt all of this seems to apply to TROS in some way.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
in other news multiple sources reporting Harrison Ford has shot a scene with Adam Driver for Episode IX.
exitone
AG
I have heard this, but don't like it. This can only end in something being pandering and cheesy.
TCTTS
AG
Context is everything. The way I've seen it described isn't "pandering" or "cheesy" at all. It's not that big of a deal. Think Rey's vision in TFA.
exitone
AG
I Know. You're right. I need to trust in JJ at this point. I think he is going to do everything possible to make this right.
TCTTS
AG
Question...

Given that Kylo murdered Snoke in their absence, when the Knights of Ren return from wherever they've been, will they:

A) Continue to follow Kylo?

B) Be against Kylo?

In other words, are they loyal to Kylo, specifically, or are they loyal to the "Ren" - whatever that is, exactly - and considered Snoke a crucial part of the Ren?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Snoke called him the leader of the KOR, so I'm thinking they'll still be loyal. Hadn't even considered they wouldn't be.
TCTTS
AG
Forgot about that. Good point.

Have any of the books or anything ever touched on what "the Ren" is exactly?
exitone
AG
It's all a guess, but I'm thinking they are loyal to Ren/ Snoke and will now be against Kylo. Kylo will be battling remnants of The First Order and The Knights of Ren while trying to grasp control of things. Palpatine will be using them as his proxy while Rey and crew are searching for something... and Kylo is busy trying to get things in order and struggling with the TKOR chasing him. He will be conflicted between the Palpatine way and his own way of how the galaxy should be ruled. So we will have the three sides:
1) Rey, Finn, Poe
2) Kylo and his followers
3) the dark side (Palpatine) and The Knights of Ren
... and then whatever in the world they have R2 doing...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
REN... Really Enthusiastic Nerds

Will the KoR even know it was Kylo who murdered Snoke? Only Rey and Kylo survived that battle, and the rest were laying around dead, the chamber burning around them.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, this has been my gut feeling for a while now. Ultimately, I feel like Kylo needs to be on his "own" side - almost caught in the middle, as you've laid out - so as to make whatever redemption he might have more believable.
amercer
AG
He's a more emo, less likable Gollum.

The only redemption that works is him accidentally saving the universe by killing himself while trying to grab some powerful relic...
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.