*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,064 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on the theory that Palpatine was the "apprentice" to Plagues like he alluded to.....but that Snoke is actually Plagues "reincarnate" or undead as Siddious had mentioned?
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One more page!
TCTTS
AG
I could be down with that.
bobinator
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the theory that Palpatine was the "apprentice" to Plagues like he alluded to.....but that Snoke is actually Plagues "reincarnate" or undead as Siddious had mentioned?
Just to get cut in half by Kylo Ren?
The Collective
AG
bobinator said:

cpsencik04 said:

Just to get cut in half by Kylo Ren?

It all rhymes, bro.
Belton Ag
AG
Could the 40 year old military installation actually be on Kamino, the planet where the Clone Army was made? That might fall in line with the talk of a secret 40 year old military base, since the clone wars would have been approximately 40 years before Rise of Skywalker.. IF Rey is a clone, it would be interesting if they ended up there only to find an old base full of Rey clones waiting to be activated (which would have been foreshadowed in the scene in TLJ when she stands in front of a mirror image of herself duplicated ad infinitum).
bobinator
AG
I'm just saying the theory here is that Sidious 'killed him' in his sleep, but he actually didn't die because of some kind of force power, but it takes him years bring himself back together and regain a physical form as Snoke, only to get killed again?

(Also this is basically the plot of Harry Potter.)
TCTTS
AG
Rey's vision with all the duplicates of herself in the mirror is certainly an interesting potential nod to the hand theory. Especially given the fact that she snaps the fingers of her right hand.

As for Kamino, because that was more of a contract job, I don't know that Palpatine would somehow keep other clone secrets there as well, but who knows. I like your mind is at, though.
bobinator
AG
I'm like 99% certain now that if a secret imperial base is involved that it's on Jakku.
bobinator
AG
TCTTS said:

Rey's vision with all the duplicates of herself in the mirror is certainly an interesting potential nod to the hand theory. Especially given the fact that she snaps the fingers of her right hand.
Also, this is probably the best evidence yet for the hand theory, and now I'm very annoyed by it.
Dro07
AG
She asks to see her parents and she reaches out with her left hand... the reflection shows her reaching out with her right hand... Mind blown
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

I'm like 99% certain now that if a secret imperial base is involved that it's on Jakku.
Agreed.

It would also make more sense as to why Lor San Tekka was there in the opening scene of TFA. If he had a map to Skywalker, he potentially knew where a potential hidden base was as well, and was maybe even there investigating it before Kylo killed him.
Liquid Wrench
Another possibility is that just before he died, the emperor transferred his katra to a dear friend and it could be joined with his clone on his home planet in an ancient ritual.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Another possibility is that just before he died, the emperor transferred his katra to a dear friend and it could be joined with his clone on his home planet in an ancient ritual.

dear friend being a surly doctor damn't.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator said:

The Collective
AG
Some of this feels a little weird. Of course, Star Wars is weird, but it feels a little out of bounds for the movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Force Awakens the Last Jedi: The Rise of Skywalker
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Is that official?
Dro07
AG
is that Jedha?

jk that place is blown up i forgot
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fan-made
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Only a city was blown up.

Jedha is still a possibility.
TCTTS
AG
So what are we thinking? Is the desert planet in Episode IX...

A) Tatooine
B) Jakku
C) Jedha
D) A New Planet.

Personally, I'm going with Jakku.

But if Palpatine did potentially create Anakin (and not Rey) it would make sense that Palpatine had a secret base on Tatooine instead.

Jakku potentially ties up the ST nicely, while Tatooine potentially ties up the saga nicely. I can't decide which works better.
bobinator
AG
I think it's Jakku. I don't think Anakin was born on Tattooine.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

I think it's Jakku. I don't think Anakin was born on Tattooine.
yeah his birthplace is undefined as far as i know

Shmi was sold to a Hutt and moved to Tatooine when he was 3-ish.

Could have been born on Jakku in a lab for all we know. Or impregnated there.

TCTTS
AG
Interesting. I never knew or considered the fact that Anakin wasn't born there.
texasaggie04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

I had always assumed that this was basically a mental connection between the living Jedi and one who had passed on. Obviously they have a voice for storytelling purposes, but I always assumed that voice was in the characters' heads.
Well, getting SUPER nerdy about it, sound can only be created if you are a physical entity and interacting with the environment. (Creating sound waves.)

So unless their voices are only in their heads, I guess it was always true that they could interact with the physical world. I just didn't think about it that way before.

Just to finish this point about interacting with the physical world, it happens a couple times in TLJ. Happens when Yoda lightnings the tree, again when Yoda taps Luke on the head with a staff, and then again when Luke hands Leia the dice.

EDIT: Luke isn't a Force ghost at the end w/ the dice... I guess that's more a Force projection? Which could both interact with the physical world or not, as desired.
texasaggie04
AG
TCTTS said:

For the most part, I dig this. A few holes here and there, but I could be on board with this general scenario.

Ultimately, though, I'm thinking Palpatine is going to be responsible for creating Anakin and probably even Snoke. But if I had to bet, my gut says Rey has been created/influenced by nothing more than the Force, in order to balance out Palpatine's meddling. It's clean and simple and makes the most sense to me.

I'm rewatching TLJ right now. I only saw it once in theaters so I figured I'd give it another chance after the trailer for TROS. Your latter comment about Rey being created by the Force is certainly reinforced in this movie. Luke explains about the island, which has the darkness underneath because it must be balanced. Even Isle de Jedi must have the darkness. So perhaps Rey was "designed" to balance out whatever Palpatine has been doing.
amercer
AG
I like all the theories, but you guys are way overthinking what Disney is planing for a lighthearted 3 hour space opera that needs to make 2 billion dollars.

Lots of pew pew pew, not so much mythology.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You've been here since 2003. You should know this is what we do.
redline248
AG
Just doing a drive by to say I hate the whole "the light must be balanced by the dark" philosophy.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
amercer
AG
I do, and I enjoy it.

I just hate that Hollywood doesn't put nearly as much thought into these things as a bunch of random people on a site mostly dedicated to Texas A&M sports do.
TCTTS
AG
Which is why, once I've finally got a couple projects off the ground, I might just officially attempt something we've only dabbled with in the past... a legit, original screenplay informed and tested by a message board. Start a thread with a basic plot conceit and parameters, then let people weigh in as the concept and script evolves, ensuring that the story is meticulously considered and air tight. I retain sole writing credit, because I'll be the one doing the actual writing, but we come up with a pay structure for ideas and notes (paid/distributed upon sale of the script) and everyone who contributes also gets their name in a "Special Thanks" section in the credits.

I'm half joking, as there are likely WGA rules that prohibit this, but potentially not, since it's so outside of the box. It's the perfect hybrid. It's not just one person tasked with the entire story, nor is it a committee where everyone has equal say, thus becoming a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario.

The "TexAgs Model" will one day be the solution to Hollywood's woes.
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.