*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,056 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They MIGHT have some kind of deleted scene that they repurposed for IX, but I doubt it. Otherwise, no, they're not going to film something for a movie in 2014 that they didn't even know Abrams would direct in 2018/'19. Besides, I don't think Ford "hates" the character anymore, if he ever really did. I think he had a pretty good experience on TFA, so it's not all that surprising that he might come back for a scene.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TCTTS said:

Guys, there's absolutely no way Grant's playing Obi-Wan. Why would they not just age up Ewan McGregor? Besides, Grant looks nothing like Alec Guinness, and Grant has a fairly sizable role. Old-age, Force ghost Obi-Wan isn't playing that big of a part in this thing.

That's just an opinion.
Liquid Wrench
As long as we're hoping they throw the whole pot of spaghetti against the wall, maybe Boba really did survive the Sarlacc Pit.
TCTTS
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

TCTTS said:

Guys, there's absolutely no way Grant's playing Obi-Wan. Why would they not just age up Ewan McGregor? Besides, Grant looks nothing like Alec Guinness, and Grant has a fairly sizable role. Old-age, Force ghost Obi-Wan isn't playing that big of a part in this thing.

That's just an opinion.
Based on common sense, logic, and what we know about the nature of his involvement.
TCTTS
AG
Reminder that the The Last Jedi title announcement was January 23, 2017. So, if they follow suit this go around, we'll get a title announcement this week. Oscar nominees are announced tomorrow, so it won't be then, but Wednesday/Thursday/Friday are fair game, I assume. That said, they could always shake things up and wait 'til later in the year, but we've at least entered the potential window.
Beat40
I'm getting ready to get all of this stuff going for Episode IX.

Regardless of people's feelings of TLJ, I'm ready to see how they conclude this thing.
Malachi Constant
AG
Star Wars Episode IX: "Stick the Landing JJ"
Carlo4
AG
"Star Wars Episode Nine:
It's like Poetry, it rhymes"
Hello there
The year of build-up to a new Star Wars is always a fun thing.

Holding out hope for Star Wars: Duel of the Fates.
agracer
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm fully expecting that as well. Even if just a brief cameo. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I think they're going all out for this one. It wouldn't surprise me if Vader comes back in some form as well, same with potentially even Qui-Gon. Luke and Yoda are obviously shoe-ins as having Force ghost appearances (Luke, likely extensively), and it even sounds like we might see Han/Ford again in a flashback. This is the end of the entire saga. They're gonna pull out all the stops.

TLJ - Worst SW movie on every level and by any metric
SW Ep IX - Hold my beer
Render
AG
Star Wars Episode IX: "The Final Nail In The Coffin"
jokershady
AG
Star Wars: Everyone 'Gone Die
AliasMan02
AG
The man is back.

wangus12
AG
redline248
AG
Is he gonna team back up with Lando and blow up something in the Falcon?
Render
AG
So he's been doing the exact same thing for 40 years, and is even wearing the same clothes??

Talk about Groundhog Day...

Urban Ag
AG
Beat40 said:

I'm getting ready to get all of this stuff going for Episode IX.

Regardless of people's feelings of TLJ, I'm ready to see how they conclude this thing.
So is everyone else, whether they admit or not.

TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, that's not an official Episode IX pic. We haven't seen a single pic, frame, or shot from the set yet.
Gigem314
AG
Belton Ag said:

Am I the only one that is flat out expecting a force ghost Obi Wan played by McGregor in this movie?

At this point I'd almost be disappointed not to see him.
Especially given the way Abrams set up things up in TFA with Rey holding Luke's light saber for first time (whispers from Obi Wan). There has to be a connection somehow, even if she's not a "Kenobi" herself.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Just FYI, that's not an official Episode IX pic. We haven't seen a single pic, frame, or shot from the set yet.

Except Finn's bloody hands.
TCTTS
AG
True.
agracer
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Except Finn's bloody hands.
OK, TCTTS has a point...I'll delete this hate on rose character post...
TCTTS
AG
I get not liking the character - I didn't either - but this is a bit much. Can we dial back the Rose hate a bit? Especially after seeing that latest YouTube video in the main SW thread, where Ahmed Best, who played Jar Jar, was on the verge of suicide after all the hate he and his character received. It just feels gross to add to that in anyway, even if on a message board Kelly Tran will never read.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

I get not liking the character - I didn't either - but this is a bit much. Can we dial back the Rose hate a bit? Especially after seeing that latest YouTube video in the main SW thread, where Ahmed Best, who played Jar Jar, was on the verge of suicide after all the hate he and his character received. It just feels gross to add to that in anyway, even if on a message board Kelly Tran will never read.
Agreed. Hopefully nobody is taking it out on the actress. That's just stupid.

But her CHARACTER and the writing associated with it really was awful.
TCTTS
AG
It becomes a fine line when there's THIS much hate for a character, though, enough to drive an actor off social media and all the other sh*t that went down. I'm just saying, given the circumstances in this instance, wishing for this character to get "chocked out" - enough to publicly post the sentiment - is a bit much. I don't know why anyone would actively welcome that kind of hate to this board. I don't mean to make it some big issue or anything, and I get that it's just a character, but if anything, it just gets really, really, really old reading all the Rose hate. Even when I agree that it's a bad character. Again, this is mainly coming from the Ahmed Best stuff, which was just heartbreaking to see, and shares more than a few similarities to this situation.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Make up your mind. Last post it was "hate," but now it's "ridicule." And yes, I realize there's a difference. But AGAIN, why contribute to something we know ultimately affects the actors and the discourse? 99.9% of the time it doesn't. But in the case, we know that all the hate for Rose the character has deeply affected Kelly Tran the actress. And in the very same franchise, that same hate for another character has deeply affected another actor, to the point of contemplating suicide. And no - again - Kelly Tran will never read a word of this, but it's more the principle than anything else. It's not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.
agracer
AG
C@LAg said:

because ridiculing a character is not "hate".

agracer was ridiculing the character. not the actress. and he even did it within the context of how poorly written her character was with the play on words.

there is a difference.
yes I did, but I edited my post. TCTTS has a point and the choke out was a bit much.

PS If a actor was considering suicide over that hate of a character, I'm not going out to far on a limb to suggest their was a lot more going wrong in his life than people hated his character. 99% of SW fans have no idea who the name of the actor for Jar Jar is.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, man. I didn't mean to come across as some kind of censoring liberal or whatever, as will no doubt be interpreted by some here, but that Ahmad Best stuff really opened my eyes. And yes, you have a point, re: him potentially having other issues. That's certainly not out of the question.
TCTTS
AG
You're still CLEARLY missing the nuance of the situation, and the greater principle, but whatever. I don't know who you are or where you came from, but you're another one of these posters who's showed up on the board in the past few months to basically sh*t in every thread. Anytime I see a post from you, it's usually something negative or contrarian, and I'm sure there are exceptions, but overall it's adding nothing of value.
The Collective
AG
Just give us some bread crumbs, Lucasfilm, so that we can fight about what it all means.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
And now all is made clear. Of course you're SeattleAgJr. Same sh*t, new name. Talk about getting over yourself.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.