*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,372 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Apologies for expressing empathy. It'll never happen again, sir.
wangus12
AG

TCTTS
AG
The title reveal cannot come soon enough.
The Shank Ag
TCTTS said:

Apologies for expressing empathy. It'll never happen again, sir.
The ignore button is a great feature.

And I, for one, very much appreciate your insight TCTTS. Love the inside look and details on how everything works
Rex Racer
AG
I got all excited when I saw the new posts thinking that the title had been revealed.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Hello there
Star Wars: Duel of the Posters
Hello there
Personally, I agree that they'll hold EVERYTHING till Celebration.

Title, poster, trailer, everything.
Render
AG
I thought everyone knew to hate on Rose because she's Asian. You mean y'all don't like the character?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Render
AG
Urban Ag
AG
The Rose character was not very good but for that matter, I don't think Finn is either, Hux is terrible, and Rey and Poe are marginal at best.

I'm just sick of hearing about it. It's not even a dead horse at this point. It's glue and dog food.

Also, it would be one thing if the gal that played Rose, or Boyega for that matter, or the guy that plays Hux, was some complete ahole in the real world, but they're not. It's not bashing Sean Penn or Alyssa Milano that are famous for looking for fights and insulting people. That alone, to me at least, is reason enough to just say "didn't care for it, thought it was lame" and move the F on. It's just a movie character.
TCTTS
AG
Well said.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

The title reveal cannot come soon enough.
At this point, you do not think they will wait until Star Wars Celebration?

Yes, it is 3 months away, but outside the Super Bowl, that seems a reasonable time/place to do it.

It allows Disney to FULLY control the message, and still gives business partners many months to formally prepare and release their marketing materials.

For the record, the title reveal has never been a big, splashy event. It's literally just been a quick press release posted at the official site, and that's it. So it doesn't need a Super Bowl or anything else to be tethered to. It could randomly pop up on starwars.com come Thursday or whenever, they tweet it out, all the other outlets pick it up, and that's it. That's exactly how it went the last go around, and could very well go this week or anytime in the next few weeks.

That said, I am starting to believe, like Hello there/BES, that they hold the title announcement 'til Celebration. We know they're still filming, and will be through next month, so maybe they just wait 'til that's completely out of the way, then just unveil the whole shebang at Celebration - as in, maybe we don't even learn the title until the end of the teaser trailer, which could be pretty cool.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Urban Ag said:

The Rose character was not very good but for that matter, I don't think Finn is either, Hux is terrible, and Rey and Poe are marginal at best.

I'm just sick of hearing about it. It's not even a dead horse at this point. It's glue and dog food.

Also, it would be one thing if the gal that played Rose, or Boyega for that matter, or the guy that plays Hux, was some complete ahole in the real world, but they're not. It's not bashing Sean Penn or Alyssa Milano that are famous for looking for fights and insulting people. That alone, to me at least, is reason enough to just say "didn't care for it, thought it was lame" and move the F on. It's just a movie character.
After reading this I was thinking to myself, what character did I actually LIKE in the two new movies, and characters from the original trilogy don't count. Well does Vader mask count? Maybe that is the real issue that i didn't actually connect with characters like I did with Han and Luke ( even Leia)
The Collective
AG
C@LAg said:

And I have been here a lot longer than you - SeattleAgJr.

Hello there
You might dislike him, but I think Kylo Ren is a great character.
The Collective
AG
I like Kylo.
Urban Ag
AG
Hello there said:

You might dislike him, but I think Kylo Ren is a great character.
He definitely got better in the TLJ. Probably the highlight for me.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, Kylo is the only new character who I truly "like" (in terms of having a compelling arc, looking cool, etc.). Rey is right there behind him, and she'd be the clear front runner if they didn't give her Force powers from the get-go, instead of having to earn them or train for them. Otherwise, I love the performance and I love her spirit, I just wish she had more of a journey instead of basically *being* a mystery more than anything else. Finn as a defecting storm trooper was such a cool idea in theory, but not really believable as presented (Is he the first to ever do this, or does this happen a lot? Why are there not protocols in place if it does, why did it take so long, etc?) He's also basically had nothing to do since he defected - it's mostly just been filler. Poe is "fun," I guess, but he's kind of an empty, nothing character when it comes down to it. And then Hux sucks, as did Holdo, and we all know everyone's feelings about Rose.

Overall, I'm conflicted, because I like so many of the actors in these roles, and big chunks of a lot of the performances, but none of them - not even Kylo - have really resonated with me in a truly significant way. Hopefully Abrams can right the ship in that regard, and at least give these characters a compelling send off, but I'm not holding my breath.
The Collective
AG
Team Kylo.

Sex Panther
AG
Kylo is the only interesting new character so far, which is really unfortunate
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Sex Panther said:

Kylo is the only interesting new character so far, which is really unfortunate
I agree. Kylo Ren may be the most fascinating character in the entire Star Wars movie universe.

The only thing I'm really holding out hope for with this last movie is a satisfactory conclusion to his character's arc. Honestly, I could give a rat's ass about everyone else. Rey...Finn...Poe Dameron...meh. But they better f-ing nail it with Kylo.
The Shank Ag
How much of the love for Kylo is tied to Driver's portrayal. Backstory is good but I really think he really has embraced a vulnerability and disturbed mental state for the character that really makes it work. He really gets the "has both light and dark pulling him in directions" and "yearns to take his family legacy to a new level" parts of the role
Gigem314
AG
The Shank Ag said:

How much of the love for Kylo is tied to Driver's portrayal. Backstory is good but I really think he really has embraced a vulnerability and disturbed mental state for the character that really makes it work. He really gets the "has both light and dark pulling him in directions" and "yearns to take his family legacy to a new level" parts of the role
Driver has definitely brought that character to life. He's doing what Hayden Christensen couldn't seem to do with Anakin.

One of the bright spots about TLJ was the way Kylo keeps you guessing about whether he's being truthful and genuine, or lying and manipulating. I think he's flat out lying to Rey about her parents, just as he lied with ease to Hux about Rey killing Snoke.
The Collective
AG
Driver is great. I know the emo kylo jokes are out there, but he's handled the conflicted force user role better than anybody in the other movies.
redline248
AG
Rey was likable in Force Awakens. Not so much in TLJ. Too much angry screaming in TLJ. Luke could have at least told her that is the way to the dark side.
CoachRTM
AG
Edit : never mind - don't want to derail.
Ag Since 83
AG
Is the Star Wars Show still Wednesdays on Youtube? I would think that's where they'd drop the title. It's hard to imagine they'd be able to keep a lid on it until Celebration with as much merchandise with the logo they will be producing for the event. Plus they'll want to hype up the panel for Star Wars: Title Goes Here
MandoArms
Is Hamill dropping hints again?

https://imgur.com/gallery/oNISynS
IG: mando_arms
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
BrownCoat said:

I have a bad feeling about this.
jokershady
AG
Sarduakar said:

BrownCoat said:

You can't infer anything from that. Mark Hamill will always be a combination of Luke Skywalker and Mega Star Wars Know Everything Fan Boy.

He knows he's just stirring up conversation and probably has a big 'ole smirk across his face every time he posts something like that.

And I love it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jokershady said:

Sarduakar said:

BrownCoat said:

You can't infer anything from that. Mark Hamill will always be a combination of Luke Skywalker and Mega Star Wars Know Everything Fan Boy.

He knows he's just stirring up conversation and probably has a big 'ole smirk across his face every time he posts something like that.

And I love it.

You mean Joker is trolling people and stirring **** up?

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I agree with others here that the Kylo character is the most compelling of the sequel trilogy. Rey is a step behind, largely because of the cluster that was TLJ. None of the other characters are worth a bucket of warm moose piss. Some of those worthless characters are perhaps good ideas (Finn, Hux), while others are bad (Rose, Holdo, Phasma). I like the potential of the Hux character - imagine a strong Huck character matching wits with Kylo to wrest control over the First Order after the death of Snoke - but instead, TLJ showed Hux to be a weakling easily controlled by a teenage prank call (Poe in the X-Wing) and then a rag doll against Kylo.

I remain intrigued with the Maz character and with the dude that was out looking for Han Solo (the "Tell that to Kanji-club" dude; no idea how to spell that).

For this next movie, I hope Abrams is able to wrap everything up satisfactorily, and perhaps undo some of the bad taste that TLJ left in its wake. But even if not, well, hopefully people will just move on with their lives and not be complete asses toward actors such as the case with the gal playing Rose or the guy who was Jar-Jar.
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.