*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,125 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
veryfuller said:

I doubt it's really ending as well. I'm sure they will dig it up in 15-20 years for episodes 10-12.

This is a good point. After every trilogy we've been told it's the end.
redline248
AG
Before Kylo faces Rey a final time, where he suspects he'll die, he sexes up some random chick from a backwoods planet. 9 months later, another Skywalker. Boom.

Next trilogy is Rey telling the kid how his/her great uncle was a washed up has been and didn't teach her *****
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Personally, I'm glad. It'll be a little bittersweet, yes, but I'm more than ready to move on to new stories.

I guess bittersweet is the right word.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Yes! Fallen and twisted mechanical Luke! One-armed Chewbacca pirate!
TCTTS
AG
I wasn't a huge TFA fan, but I bought The Art Of book because it's THAT good and hints so well at the potentially amazing movie that could have been. To hear that they're going back to that well for EIX is, hands down, the most exciting news I've heard yet. Even if only for certain design elements, if not plot points.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agree on that Art of book, it's pretty amazing. That news alone got me hyped.

Some of my favorite examples:

Flashdiaz
AG
AliasMan02
AG
It's crazy how many concept images made it into the movie basically exactly as they are on the page.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Just cause it's still awesome. Man, do I hope this song makes its return for IX.
agracer
AG
TCTTS said:

If, the in the first scene, Rose dies an utterly useless death (like pushes wrong button and gets sucked out of an airlock useless) and no one on screen notices, there's a chance this movie will be good....if she has more scene's than that, it's sure to be as bad as the last one...
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS
AG
Catching up on some news/rumors over the past month or so...

TCTTS
AG
The Knights of Ren has always been my top choice (as it is in this article as well), but I do admit that it doesn't have that end-of-saga feel that might be necessary for the finale...

AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

The Knights of Ren has always been my top choice (as it is in this article as well), but I do admit that it doesn't have that end-of-saga feel that might be necessary for the finale...

Duel of the Fates
PatAg
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Duel of the Fates
just straight up reuse the song, I dont care. Its that good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We know Williams would be up to do it, it was used in all three prequels.

I wonder if JJ would have to ask him to, or he'd put it in himself.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Why is Mark Hamill so awesome? Cause he behaves EXACTLY how a true Star Wars fan would if they were in his position...which makes the fans love him even more.
AliasMan02
AG
I am a total loss to guess who he is playing if it is, indeed, a familiar character. Can't be Thrown. An old member of the Alliance who has gone over to the First Order? Wedge?

Belton Ag
AG
No way that Wege elicits the kind of response he supposedly had upon hearing whom he would play. Unless he's trolling, it has to be someone bigger, right? Which character from the first 6 movies didn't have his story arc conclude at the end of ROTJ?
Sex Panther
AG
Sith Lord Binks
AliasMan02
AG
Belton Ag said:

No way that Wege elicits the kind of response he supposedly had upon hearing whom he would play. Unless he's trolling, it has to be someone bigger, right? Which character from the first 6 movies didn't have his story arc conclude at the end of ROTJ?

I agree and I've been sitting here thinking about characters who are "out there" and it is a SHORT list.

Wedge
Lando
Seriously, who else?

I wonder if this isn't a return to the Force Vision exposition we've seen in the past. That opens it up a little.

Edit: just brainstorming insane or unlikely or obscure possibilities -

Younger or reborn Palpatine
Rey's father
Thrawn
A Sith Lord from the past
Ezra
Anakin's Force Ghost (worst guess ever)
Dash Rendar
Cardinal

There are all huge reaches
Liquid Wrench
AliasMan02
AG
Seeing a lot of guesses that he's playing Obi Wan, the Alec Guinness version. As a Force Ghost, I'd assume. That's not impossible and would warrant his reaction.
Liquid Wrench
Who's still alive that knew him? I guess maybe Rey is strong enough in the force to see ghosts of Jedis she never knew?
AliasMan02
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Who's still alive that knew him? I guess maybe Rey is strong enough in the force to see ghosts of Jedis she never knew?

Knowing them doesn't really play into the Force Ghost thing, necessarily.
Chipotlemonger
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Seeing a lot of guesses that he's playing Obi Wan, the Alec Guinness version. As a Force Ghost, I'd assume. That's not impossible and would warrant his reaction.

That was my first guess.
TCTTS
AG
Guys, there's absolutely no way Grant's playing Obi-Wan. Why would they not just age up Ewan McGregor? Besides, Grant looks nothing like Alec Guinness, and Grant has a fairly sizable role. Old-age, Force ghost Obi-Wan isn't playing that big of a part in this thing.
TCTTS
AG
Also, that quote can be taken multiple ways. Yes, the room could have gone "upside down" for Grant from learning the character's name, but it could have also gone "upside down" from simply learning he got the part, which could be any character, especially a new one. It's not at all clear.
Belton Ag
AG
Am I the only one that is flat out expecting a force ghost Obi Wan played by McGregor in this movie?

At this point I'd almost be disappointed not to see him.
redline248
AG
Hux's dad?
TCTTS
AG
I'm fully expecting that as well. Even if just a brief cameo. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I think they're going all out for this one. It wouldn't surprise me if Vader comes back in some form as well, same with potentially even Qui-Gon. Luke and Yoda are obviously shoe-ins as having Force ghost appearances (Luke, likely extensively), and it even sounds like we might see Han/Ford again in a flashback. This is the end of the entire saga. They're gonna pull out all the stops.
AliasMan02
AG
Belton Ag said:

Am I the only one that is flat out expecting a force ghost Obi Wan played by McGregor in this movie?

At this point I'd almost be disappointed not to see him.

I'm with you on that. Especially given that there Kenobi movie is out there AND this is supposed to pull back from the prequel trilogy as well.
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm fully expecting that as well. Even if just a brief cameo. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I think they're going all out for this one. It wouldn't surprise me if Vader comes back in some form as well, same with potentially even Qui-Gon. Luke and Yoda are obviously shoe-ins as having Force ghost appearances (Luke, likely extensively), and it even sounds like we might see Han/Ford again in a flashback. This is the end of the entire saga. They're gonna pull out all the stops.
I was surprised about the rumor that Ford may come back for even a brief cameo given how much he hates the character.

Would it be possible that scene is already in the can since TFA?
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.