*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

748,950 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You know a movie is great when the cheesiest scene ever is still bad ass.
Liquid Wrench
MuckRaker96 said:

Time to start the Rise of Skywalker - Book Readers Only thread
Serious question:

Are we at the point where there are enough rumors/theories/leaks floating around out there to start a dedicated "Read At Your Own Risk" thread? I think we might be close. Obviously, we don't take all of the rumors seriously, but some are still fun to discuss.

I don't have a read on how many of us are utterly shameless.
TCTTS
AG
I'm down for whatever. Personally, I don't think we're there yet - I've read basically everything that's out there and I still feel like I hardly know anything - but yeah, we could be there soon. Maybe when the new trailer hits next month we start a spoiler thread then?
Liquid Wrench
You've definitely kept up with the news/rumors more closely than I have, and I haven't kept track of how many other posters are interested in discussing potential spoilers. So I'll defer. I just figure at some point we want to talk about all the rumors and even the silly stuff without leaving walls of black-out for the people who are only interested in official news.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If you've read everything out there, you know a ton about the movie, so not sure how to proceed. but it's only if all the rumors are true. Definitely puts us in a tricky spot. I'd say anything that hasn't been confirmed should be in spoilers.
bobinator
AG
I think the hard part here, and with all of these kind of threads, is that you have to trust a bunch of strangers on the internet to be honest about what's their own personal theory based on trailers/clues in previous movies/etc and what's an actual confirmed spoiler.

But the real problem is once you get closer to the movie and some theories are confirmed and others eliminated, even discussing that can itself become a spoiler.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe ge t the title of this one changed to Rumors/Spoilers/Theories allowed and if you don't want to be part of that, stick to the general star wars discussion thread.
Saul Goodman
AG
It's still early, and I think the final trailer and marketing push will have a big effect, but at this point in the game, what do you think this will do at the box-office?

I don't think there's any way it comes close to Endgame internationally, but if this ends up being an awesome movie, do you think it can get close domestically?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Saul Goodman said:

It's still early, and I think the final trailer and marketing push will have a big effect, but at this point in the game, what do you think this will do at the box-office?

I don't think there's any way it comes close to Endgame internationally, but if this ends up being an awesome movie, do you think it can get close domestically?

Still a little difficult to gauge but based on current hype level I think it will fall somewhere between $750M and $900M domestically putting it between 4th and 2nd all-time (unadjusted):

SW TFA $958M
Endgame $858M
Black Panther $700M

RO did $532M and TLJ did $620M but those were not finales and TLJ was poorly received. Anything above average hits $750M easy.

My gut says higher end of that so around $860-$900M. Now if it is just awesome it could top $1B. Domestic. But that's really really pushing it. I doubt it.

Internationally no it won't approach Endgame..... SW has never had the same appeal especially in the biggest market China. TFA only did $1.1B internationally. This won't top $1.5B in any scenario, and probably only about the same really maybe $1.2B . And Endgame had $1.9B

TCTTS
AG
So... basically the entire plot just leaked. It's all unconfirmed, of course, and there's a decent amount of fuzziness in certain parts, but it's definitely the real deal. I didn't read it all, of course, but I read enough to know that I needed to stop reading, as it checks out with everything we know so far and fills in certain gaps in ways that make total sense. So if you guys want to start a spoiler thread, go right ahead, but I won't be participating. I don't mind knowing the general plot and order of events, but I absolutely do not want to know the ending of the final saga movie ahead of time. Regardless, consider this the tipping point at which everyone should start being on high alert, not just here, but on the web as a whole. Sh*t just got real.
Belton Ag
TCTTS
AG
I did a *bit* more reading, and it seems that while most of the information is accurate, the order of events and a motivation or two might very well be off. Like I said, there's a fuzziness connecting parts here and there, as the report is from someone who obviously knows a sh*t ton, but is piecing together things just the same. So there's some consolation in that, but still, the gist of the plot is out there...
bobinator
AG
DEBATING WHETHER THE SPOILERS ARE SPOILERS IS A SPOILER TCTTS

J/k, but may need to go dark on this thread. I'm already a little worried because I'm going to be in Germany when this comes out. Gonna have to nerd out with some random Germans maybe.
Dro07
AG
Effin great
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I did a *bit* more reading, and it seems that while most of the information is accurate, the order of events and a motivation or two might very well be off. Like I said, there's a fuzziness connecting parts here and there, as the report is from someone who obviously knows a sh*t ton, but is piecing together things just the same. So there's some consolation in that, but still, the gist of the plot is out there...
Can't believe they made Wedge and Admiral Ackbar gay.
TCTTS
AG
Gives "Wedge" a whole new meaning...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Gives "Wedge" a whole new meaning...
IT'S A TRAP!
jokershady
AG
Whelp.....see y'all in October to view the trailer then 2 months after that.....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
First scene from ROTS just leaked!

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I read some of the big spoiler link by jedi Praxis - it sounds like me as a 12 year old writing something that was to be read by the guy who did the Micro Machine commercials.
I'm sure some of it is true, but his writing is so all over the place that I doubt it's everything. So I'm not going to worry about it and continue to enjoy all star wars threads going forward. Maybe after the Trailer we can split this thing in two.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Quote:

Gonna have to nerd out with some random Germans maybe.

It's more fun to freak out with some random Germans.

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
vwbug
Read it, seems legit. There was one character they didn't mention or I must have missed it. It's a she...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So if you read the general board any, you might be aware that my family's 12-year-old Golden Retriever died unexpectedly last week in less than 24 hours going from perfectly healthy to death by a ruptured tumor on her heart. It has really torn my family up, me in particular, and I've mostly just worked myself to death since. Today I took a minute to watch the D23 footage again and with emotions already running high, I was just really feeling blessed and wonderful to have another SW movie coming out. I thought those movies stopped with ROTJ when I was 9 years old in 1983 and here I am about to get one more when I'm 45.

Anyway, I get it, a lot of you think it's going to suck or the last one sucked or they all suck or whatever, Me? I can't get enough, so I took a break from work just now to concoct this for a little me time and a little catharsis. Whether you think it's awesome or stupid, doesn't really matter to me, I'm remembering how much I love SW and how I can't wait for IX to get here.

Lucasfilm Logo

VO Palpatine: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"
Kylo Ren wakes up from a nightmare, we see his face riddled with cracks from dark-side use.

VO Continues: "I'm looking forward to completing your training ... in time you will call me master."
Kylo surrounded in a semicircle by the Knights of Ren, armed to the teeth.

Breathtaking view of capital city of Mon Cal, Poe and Finn meeting with the high leadership of the planet, a banner depicting Admiral Ackbar hanging prominently in the background.
VO Jynn Erso: " What chance do we have? The question is "what choice." Run, hide, plead for mercy, scatter your forces. You give way to an enemy this evil with this much power and you condemn the galaxy to an eternity of submission. The time to fight is now!"

Cut to Rey being trained by Leia in the ways of the Force in the forest.
VO Mon Mothma: "We have a mission for you."

Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, R2, C3PO, and Chewbacca gathered around the main computer with Leia and the Rebellion leaders.
Cut to the Falcon landing at a spaceport, a clearly emotional Lando Calrissian sitting down next to Chewbacca in the pilot's seat.
VO Luke: "I have a promise to keep, to an old friend."

Cut to the Falcon weaving its way through a battle, Lando whooping as he races them between two exploding TIE fighters, Finn and Poe on the turrets, and Rey in the main hold, levitating off the ground in mid-air as she uses the Force to crash two Star Destroyers into each other."
Cut to the grassy planet, Jannah and Finn watching as Imperial landers descend onto the surface.
VO Obi-Wan: "If you have warriors, the time is now."

Rey, Chewie, Poe, and Finn overlooking the wreckage of the Death Star in the water.
VO Palpataine: "Your friends down there on the sanctuary moon are walking into a trap ..."
Cut to the Resistance fleet jumping to the location of the dark fleet of ISDs.
VO continues: "As is your fleet."

Rey and Kylo fighting on the Death Star shaft each trying to finish the other one off.
VO Yoda: "The boy you trained, gone he is ... consumed"
Rey hammering Kylo to the ground as Luke once did Vader.
VO Palpatine "Give into your anger!"

CUE CARD: THIS CHRISTMAS

Quick shots of Zorri Bliss firing every which way but loose
Poe leaping into his X-Wing in sync with BB-8 elevating into his slot
TIEs battling XWings, AWings, and BWings while capital ships slug it out.
C3PO, clearly not himself, brandishing Chewie's bowcaster and challenging all takers.
The Knights of Ren springing into action, their opponent unseen.

Poe and Finn, with Jannah and Chewie, pinned down, clearly making a decision to do something drastic.
VO Jyn: " If we can make it to the ground, we'll take the next chance. And the next. On and on until we win... or the chances are spent.

Kylo Ren dazed in the dark, his helmet full of brittle cracks. Kylo struggles to his knees, clearly he's been knocked out during a battle, defeated, everything around him burnt and smoking, including his mask."
VO Han: "Take that mask off, you don't need it ..."
Ren looks at his reflection in a curved surface."
VO Kylo: "What do you think you'll see if I do?"
Ren pulls the crumbling helmet off his face to reveal bruises, a black eye, and tears of regret.
VO Han: "The face of my son."

Ships clash together again. We see General Pryde on one bridge, Dominic Monahghan's character on another, Orders given, turbolasers fire.

Cut to a darkened chamber, Rey on her knees as a hooded form stands over her, we can't make out any details.
VO Palpatine: "Only now at the end do you understand ..."
Rey's lightsaber is kicked aside, rolling into the darkness.
A blue blade lights up in the shadows, revealing a badly hurt Rey and the spectral form of Darth Sidious.
VO Kylo: "Show, me grandfather ... (Vader's breathing echoes here) and I will finish, what you started."
Ben Solo, Jedi Knight, emerges from the shadows and charges Palpatine.

TITLE CREDIT

TCTTS
AG
Love it. It reads like a real trailer, which is the best compliment I can give it.

And sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there and I know it sucks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Visioning that in my head gave the feels when you through Rogue One in there.

Good work!
MASAXET
AG
Sorry for your loss and good work.

This is the best part:

Quote:

C3PO, clearly not himself, brandishing Chewie's bowcaster and challenging all takers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Leaked image.

Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Leaked image.

This represents my least favorite moment of the prequels. The scene with this guy in the diner was when they jumped the shark for me.
Flashdiaz
AG
and robotic 1950's waitresses.... ugh.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You wanna cuppa jawa juice?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Leaked image.

Holy crap, that's funny
double aught
AG
Belton Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Leaked image.

This represents my least favorite moment of the prequels. The scene with this guy in the diner was when they jumped the shark for me.
Agreed. CGI was so bad.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Worse than anakin rising the giant flea on naboo?
double aught
AG
It's debatable. One of the reasons AOTC is the worst prequel.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.