*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

748,899 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's definitely my least favorite, although I love the Obi-Wan sub-plot. A really good murder mystery for Obi-Wan while Anakin is off trying to get ahold of the lightsaber in his pants.

Worst line of AOTC contest?

Anakin: I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.

Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

Anakin: From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask.

C-3PO: Oh my goodness! Shut me down. Machines building machines. How perverse.

C-3PO: This is such a drag.

Jar Jar Binks: Senators. Dellow feligates...

Anakin: If Obi-Wan caught me doing that, he would be very grumpy.

Nute Gunray: She can't do that! Shoot her or something!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing
years later Ghost Obi-Wan would say "Couldn't identify a Sith Lord from two feet away despite going to his office 500 times Master Yoda could not. How embarassing, how embarassing."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Look who's taking a class field trip in Snoke #1 - due out 9/11/19

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Final trailer: 2 minutes, 16 seconds.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That disrespect to Kylo. I love it.
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

That's the D23 trailer that's been rated by the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) for play in British theaters. Nothing new. We're likely sill a month or more away from the final trailer. Trailers that far out usually aren't classified this early. In fact, if precedent holds, four weeks from tonight, with Monday Night Football, is my guess as to when the final trailer hits. If not then, then either of the next two MNF games after.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That disrespect to Kylo. I love it.
Yeah, that's such a "you ******* suck" line to him. I'm going to buy the Snoke and Kylo series starting Wednesday, will either scan the good parts or just highlight them here. I think Kylo's series starts 9/25.

How'd you do on the Falcon?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Went on 3 times. (Single rider line was about 20-25 minutes.)

Was trying to get all 3 positions, but sadly never got gunner.

First ride - I was the left pilot. I feel like I successfully avoided crashing about half the time. We did like 34%, I think. The girl who was piloting wasn't doing great either.

Second and third rides - I was the engineer, and in both cases the other guy was just sitting there. Low 20's in both.

Came out to a damaged falcon and crackling lights every time.

Still, a fun ride. Though, I have to admit that I wish there was more way to affect the flight trajectory. It's pretty "on-rails" and there's little to no difference in the ride every time. I was hoping it'd be more like Star Tours where it's a new experience every time.

But damn if it isn't cool to walk around the big room with the hologram board, and seeing the cockpit.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yeah, I could have stayed in the main part for an hour, but we were the first group, I was really pissed! I had about 60 selfies to take.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

MuckRaker96 said:

That's the D23 trailer that's been rated by the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) for play in British theaters. Nothing new. We're likely sill a month or more away from the final trailer. Trailers that far out usually aren't classified this early. In fact, if precedent holds, four weeks from tonight, with Monday Night Football, is my guess as to when the final trailer hits. If not then, then either of the next two MNF games after.
Are you sure? Because the D23 trailer is 2:11.

The folks over at SCREENRANT picked up on this bit of news, looks like the final full trailer for Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker has a rating and runtime.

According to the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) the trailer, which they are calling "Trailer C", will be rated "12A" and has a runtime of 2 minutes and 16 seconds. As SCREENRANT notes, that's shorter compared to Episode VII: The Force Awakens and Episode VIII: The Last Jedi final trailers which were 2 minutes and 35 seconds a piece.

Additionally, as in with those previous two films, it should debut sometime in the month of October probably during Monday Night Football on ESPN, another Disney property.

So far, as most of us know, Lucasfilm has only released a special first look for the fans in attendance at Star Wars Celebration Chicago and a sizzle reel/trailer just recently at D23. That trailer, if it can be called that, did find its way online before Lucasfilm officially released it on StarWars.com the following Monday. Maybe noteworthy, these first two trailers were rated "PG" which is a slightly lesser classification than "12A", so expect content that is "not generally suitable for children aged under 12", whatever that means.
TCTTS
AG
Trust me. It's the D23 trailer. The added seconds are bumpers for theatrical play so as to no butt up directly with other trailers (as UK trailers don't have the MPAA card at the beginning). This isn't just me guessing, either. This trailer is literally playing with It: Chapter 2 right now in the UK...

And just FYI, Screenrant is a glorified fanboy site. They're great at regurgitating news, but not at doing any actual legit research/journalism on their own. I would never consider them an authority on anything.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
100 days

veryfuller
Staff
AG
OK, I have a new theory on Kylo's arc for this trilogy. The more I think about it, the more obvious it seems to me.

Kylo has been on a deep cover mission ordered by Leia. Leia, who is stronger with the force than we have realized yet in the films (but will surely be portrayed, especially if she is wrapping up training Rey), was able to feel the presence of the emperor, or at least something similar to it. When Snoke started gaining power, she sensed what was really behind it. So instead of just relying on her ability to mount a resistance, she also sent Ben into deep cover to gain access to end whatever was on the rise.

Now for the evidence:

I have always thought there was more conversation than what we were privy to between Han and Kylo when Han dies. And the words Kylo says are tricky. We are meant to think he may be turning towards the light and then kills him as a turn to darkness. But what if it is just that, in order to maintain his mission, he must kill his father? I could see a flashback happening where we see that conversation in a new light, where Han essentially sacrifices himself for that mission.

It also seems like Leia knows Han is not coming back when she hugs him goodbye. And perhaps the reason for their separation isn't just that Kylo left, but that she knows she is the one to blame for why.

Also, Kylo's obsession with Vader may not be about his move to the dark side, but his inability to completely route the Sith, and his failure to actually kill the Emperor. I will finish what you started

In TLJ, when Kylo is about the bomb the bridge and Leia and Kylo have a force moment, what if she is urging him to pull the trigger? He can't do it, but maybe she is urging him to for the good of the mission.

This would also explain her complete lack of urgency for confronting her son. She has left that to side characters, or hasn't mentioned him at all besides to Han.

And perhaps at the end of TLJ, Kylo is having a real crisis of mission. It could also explain why he wants Rey to join him, and his connection with her in general. He has been alone on his mission, isolated from any real connection, and she is a lifeline. She only sees his actions through the binary good/bad, but the task he has been given is to be bad in order to accomplish the ultimate good, ridding the galaxy of the Sith.

If Leia is the heart of this next film, as Kennedy has said, perhaps this all comes to light. I imagine she will die of old age, but appear to Kylo as a force ghost urging him to complete the mission and save the galaxy.

There are maybe some scenes that don't jive with this, but tbh, I haven't watched the movies in a while, so I need to rewatch with this theory in mind and see if it holds up. It would make sense too, for Adam Driver to say he has known his characters arc from the beginning. ANYWAY...that is my new theory.
The Collective
AG
Wouldn't it make more sense for Kylo and Luke to just work together though? I don't think that theory works for me.

I'll spoiler tag just in case.
tk for tu juan
Brian Earl Spilner said:

100 days

How many days until we get to preorder tickets?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Yeah that may be a sticking point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've heard this theory, but with Luke, not Leia.

But there's just too many logical hoops to jump through for it to make sense. IMO.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The third movie was supposed to heavily feature leia before CFs untimely death do they had to really throw out the original plot. I just can't imagine a plot put together by the good guys that forces kylo to kill him unless han was terminally Ill and that would just be a Harry Potter RIP off we with snape and Dumbledore. The question I really want answered is that if Luke knew about snoke before kylos turn. Why didn't he go stomp his ass? Although that's a Harry Potter question too concerning Dumbledore and tom riddle
Urban Ag
AG
I can buy in to Kylo turning back to the light at the end. It almost seems too obvious they are steering it that way. They did it with Vader they can do it again. I don't really like it though. I think if I was an adult during the release of the OT instead of a kid I would have probably called bullsh** on it, at least eye rolled pretty hard.

But the idea that Kylo is on some deep cover mission in cahoots with either Luke, Leia, or both, and murdering Han, the old guy on Jakku, Luke's students, etc, was just some unfortunate collateral to the overall mission.I think I'd probably just bust out laughing at that point.

I actually think it would be cool if Kylo was a pawn to the emperor all along and literally dies in shock and horror when he realizes he is just a part of Palpatine's long game and Rey was always the real prize. In other words, when Palps is fully confident he has won and will turn Rey or kill her, he discards Kylo nonchalantly. Better yet, he commands the Knights of Ren to it who immediately backstab him as Palps cackles about it and Rey watches in horror. And that's it. He's just dead. No redemption. No final heroic deed.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree with you on both counts. The one scenario would be LOL bad. And I don't want to see another Vader redemption.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
My preferred method at this point is Kylo dying to save Rey from Palp because of Palp throwing him away.
twilly
AG
On multiple accounts, Palpatine was willing to cast aside his current apprentice to get somebody younger/better/stronger, He did it with Dooku. He was willing to let Vader die to have Luke. I'm fairly certain that's what's going to happen in TROS.

I'd also assume that Snoke/Kylo were tools to get to Rey all along. IMO Kylo is a useful idiot in Palpatine's Grand New Plan (ver. 3.0)
Urban Ag
AG
twilly said:

On multiple accounts, Palpatine was willing to cast aside his current apprentice to get somebody younger/better/stronger, He did it with Dooku. He was willing to let Vader die to have Luke. I'm fairly certain that's what's going to happen in TROS.

I'd also assume that Snoke/Kylo were tools to get to Rey all along. IMO Kylo is a useful idiot in Palpatine's Grand New Plan (ver. 3.0)

Yes. And oddly, I like it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd be pretty happy with that scenario, although I really don't want to see flesh and bone Palpy because that really discounts Vader's sacrifice, and that is THE moment of the first 6 movies. If Palp had the grand plan of having the Empire's last stand at Jakku setting up the FO's rise, but in reality that was a feint to stall for time while the real Empire rebuilt, I'm down with that.

Throughouy the literature - both "legends" and otherwise, there's always been Palpatine building up resources for unseen threats from other galaxies. And I can totally believe he was lying to Anakin about only Darth Plagueis knowing how to bring people back to life, because that's a pretty sweet power to have - much rather have that then boomerang lightsaber ability.

Now if you're able to bring yourself back to life after falling 10,000 feet and being atomized, that's pretty solid. Would be hilarious to have the opening scene being Palpatine following, then landing on a tiny platform with an old Jedi starfighter. He gets in, presses a button, the big explosion happens and he takes off cackling "I will be avenged!"
TCTTS
AG
Guys, there's really no reason to spoiler tag theories, even if they turn out to be true. That's a risk we take discussing the movie on a message board. We agreed on this a few months back. There's not a single legit spoiler on this page and yet it looks like a redacted report released by the Pentagon.
The Collective
AG
To be fair, I think most of us were just following the original post that has tags on it, but you are right, this page is starting to look the Mueller Report.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There's one very important reason to black it out. It's called Episode IX.5 - the Wrath of

Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

To be fair, I think most of us were just following the original post that has tags on it, but you are right, this page is starting to look the Mueller Report.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Gotta be honest... I've never seen the original Fast & Furious and had NO IDEA that's where the name came from.
Belton Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

There's one very important reason to black it out. It's called Episode IX.5 - the Wrath of

Why are you posting the personal information of one of our posters?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Say what?!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm not man, I respecting that you don't like potential spoilers in the thread. Was trying to stand up for you so we don't have another "Skywalkers' meltdown.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ditto, and I felt the same way when he joined the GoT pickem and I realized that wasn't his real name.
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.