***Godzilla: King of the Monsters***

48,253 Views | 437 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capitol Ag
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm assuming Ghidorah has always been the big bad? I've never seen an entire Godzilla movie prior to the '85 American version - only clips - so I'm curious.

Also, that's an interesting idea about Ghidorah not being defeated in this movie and instead saving that for the next one. Hadn't considered that.
TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG
How long until Mechagodzilla makes an appearance?

You know it's going to happen, right? There is always a crazy evil scientist out there with the wherewithal to build a giant metal monster to attack the real thing.
Solo Tetherball Champ
twilly said:

How long until Mechagodzilla makes an appearance?

You know it's going to happen, right? There is always a crazy evil scientist out there with the wherewithal to build a giant metal monster to attack the real thing.

In the Pac Rim crossover, duh!
Sex Panther
AG
Where the **** is Jet Jaguar?

**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Liberalistism said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

So the John C Reilly line about Kong is still growing probably means we get an already huge Kong (about 100ft) even bigger by the Godzilla fight.
If this G is already 400+ ft how big of a Kong do we need to make this a plausible fight ? A 300ft+ Kong would be unstoppable .

Kong has speed and intelligence. Godzilla atomic breath and brute strength/durability.

When they find out their moms have the same name, theyll become besties.

Kong also has the potential for lightning powers. He had them in the original Godzilla vs King Kong movie.
That lightning power depended on an outside source - a bolt of lightning or zapped by electricity towers.
Perhaps Ghidorah's actions give him powers? I don't know, I'm just speculating here. I don't really see how Kong competes even with being vastly more agile and faster and able to use weapons.
I've never thought Kong matches Godzilla at all. Godzilla kicked his ass in that original movie, although the electricity thing did seem to even the odds a bit. They do show the differences between them, as Godzilla is simply brute force, overwhelming Kong with his tail, his atomic breath, rocks that he kicks, and just his shee size advantage, while Kong is shown figuring things out.

My dad and I used to have good arguments over who actually won that bout, as we see Kong swimming away with nary a sign of the big green guy. I contend Godzilla won with all the evidence presented to that point.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm assuming Ghidorah has always been the big bad? I've never seen an entire Godzilla movie prior to the '85 American version - only clips - so I'm curious.

Also, that's an interesting idea about Ghidorah not being defeated in this movie and instead saving that for the next one. Hadn't considered that.
Ghidorah has always been one of Godzilla's primary opponents. If I remember right, he was actually from Planet X and has also been known as Monster 0. And it has typically taken a team approach to defeat Ghidorah.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Ghidorah has always been one of Godzilla's primary opponents. If I remember right, he was actually from Planet X and has also been known as Monster 0. And it has typically taken a team approach to defeat Ghidorah.

Where King Ghidorah is from and what he is has changed with each Godzilla series.

Edits: small screen big fingers
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, guys. Good to know.
YouBet
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

YouBet said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

So the John C Reilly line about Kong is still growing probably means we get an already huge Kong (about 100ft) even bigger by the Godzilla fight.
If this G is already 400+ ft how big of a Kong do we need to make this a plausible fight ? A 300ft+ Kong would be unstoppable .

Kong has speed and intelligence. Godzilla atomic breath and brute strength/durability.

Kong also has the potential for lightning powers. He had them in the original Godzilla vs King Kong movie.

Really? That's dumb.
Please note that we are discussing a film in which a 100 foot tall, radioactive lizard and giant ape fight each other.

If you want smart, go watch some Oscar bait flick.
You can still have common sense...just on a bigger scale!
MGS
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Where King Ghidorah is from and what he is has changed with each Godzilla series.

Edits: small screen big fingers
Who can forget these guys from the 1991 version?

bobinator
AG
How certain are we that this isn't the movie where they team up and then they turn on each other at the end to set up the next movie?
AgMarauder04
AG
bobinator said:

How certain are we that this isn't the movie where they team up and then they turn on each other at the end to set up the next movie?

Traditionally, the only real "bad" one is that Ghidora. It may take Godzilla with Mothra and whatever the other one is to take him down.
bobinator
AG
Sorry, my post wasn't very clear because I was responding to older posts about Kong. I meant how certain are we that Kong doesn't show up in this movie?

I know it's "King Ghidora" but I think when most people think "King" monster they think "King Kong," so I was wondering if the marketing (and even the name of the movie) isn't a hint that Kong may actually show up this movie as part of the team that fights Ghidora.
Liberalistism
TCTTS said:

There are other threats that are just as bad and/or dangerous as Ghidorah like Destroyah. Ghidorah has the name recognition and look though.
Liberalistism
bobinator said:

Sorry, my post wasn't very clear because I was responding to older posts about Kong. I meant how certain are we that Kong doesn't show up in this movie?

I know it's "King Ghidora" but I think when most people think "King" monster they think "King Kong," so I was wondering if the marketing (and even the name of the movie) isn't a hint that Kong may actually show up this movie as part of the team that fights Ghidora.
If this is the twist in the movie then I hope they keep it completely secret. Kong coming out of hiding and then all of a sudden appearing by doing something awesome like jumping and using a skyscraper as a warhammer would simply be incredible to see.

I love the fact that they are actually putting the "god" aspect into these movies wherein all of these beings have supernatural world destroying powers that make them more akin to a force of nature than giant monsters and that despite this, they are still majestic and awe inspiring beings.

I never thought I would see the day where we had a legit serious take on giant monsters and that it was good.
AgMarauder04
AG
bobinator said:

With as well as the trailer rollout happened, there could be a huge twist since we know that next 2020? Kong vs Godzilla is their culmination. It's likely to not be a draw or one die, so a "big bad" surviving and coming back could be in play.
Solo Tetherball Champ
AgMarauder04 said:

bobinator said:

Traditionally, the only real "bad" one is that Ghidora. It may take Godzilla with Mothra and whatever the other one is to take him down.
Godzilla is normally portrayed as either good or neutral to humanity (with an exception or two) but Ghidorah is almost always a monster who is trying to attack humanity because he/they want to.

Also, considering Godzilla is called the king of the monsters, he usually needs help to take down Ghidorah. For that, you could argue that Ghidorah is the "real" king.
Capitol Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

That lightning power depended on an outside source - a bolt of lightning or zapped by electricity towers.
Perhaps Ghidorah's actions give him powers? I don't know, I'm just speculating here. I don't really see how Kong competes even with being vastly more agile and faster and able to use weapons.
I've never thought Kong matches Godzilla at all. Godzilla kicked his ass in that original movie, although the electricity thing did seem to even the odds a bit. They do show the differences between them, as Godzilla is simply brute force, overwhelming Kong with his tail, his atomic breath, rocks that he kicks, and just his shee size advantage, while Kong is shown figuring things out.

My dad and I used to have good arguments over who actually won that bout, as we see Kong swimming away with nary a sign of the big green guy. I contend Godzilla won with all the evidence presented to that point.
It's my understanding that the studios made 2 endings. The Japanese ending had Godzilla winning. The dubbed America one has Kong winning.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

It's my understanding that the studios made 2 endings. The Japanese ending had Godzilla winning. The dubbed America one has Kong winning.
I remember reading that at some point. I don't believe I have ever seen the Japanese version, but with the American version, we see Kong swimming away. We see some churning water where they plummeted from the cliff into the water. They never actually show us where Godzilla is. But we do see the big ape fleeing the fight, ergo, he had his butt whooped.

Yes, I do believe I have spent way too much time thinking about this.
Capitol Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Capitol Ag said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

I remember reading that at some point. I don't believe I have ever seen the Japanese version, but with the American version, we see Kong swimming away. We see some churning water where they plummeted from the cliff into the water. They never actually show us where Godzilla is. But we do see the big ape fleeing the fight, ergo, he had his butt whooped.

Yes, I do believe I have spent way too much time thinking about this.

I'll admit I was rooti g for Godzilla as a kid. So I wanted to believe the same thing.

A few weeks ago I caught the movie on cable. I hadn't seen it since I was a little guy. I must admit, that was one of the worst gorilla costumes I've ever seen!
Sapper Redux
I enjoyed how a bunch of kids' balloons held King Kong aloft.
TCTTS
AG
The "peek" he's referring to I'm assuming is most likely the script. Drew's one of the most connected/trustworthy guys in the game...

FancyKetchup14
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

I'll admit I was rooti g for Godzilla as a kid. So I wanted to believe the same thing.

A few weeks ago I caught the movie on cable. I hadn't seen it since I was a little guy. I must admit, that was one of the worst gorilla costumes I've ever seen!
A big part of the fun in watching pretty much any old Godzilla type movie is looking for stuff to laugh at. Case in point, the gorilla costume was awful in King Kong vs. Godzilla. But take a look at the big green lizard - we see so many folds and creases on the legs and elsewhere. Something else that always amused me, even as a kid, was spotting the wires that the airplanes attacking whatever monster were "flying" on, or just laughing at the ridiculous remote controlled tanks.
Eliminatus
AG
canadiaggie said:

this is metal and awesome as hell.
I don't think I have ever wanted to personally own a movie poster....

Till now.
YouBet
AG
Eliminatus said:

canadiaggie said:

this is metal and awesome as hell.
I don't think I have ever wanted to personally own a movie poster....

Till now.

It's kick-ass. Looks like something Frank Frazetta would have done.
TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
Dear God, if he says something about clear eyes or can't lose, I may stroke out.
Sex Panther
AG
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Let Them Fight
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
MGS
TCTTS said:

Can we get Jeff Bridges for Godzilla vs. King Kong?
TCTTS
AG
Spyderman
AG
Gonna be THE movie of 2019 IMO.
TCTTS
AG
I can't believe this is already filming, considering King of the Monsters doesn't come out for another six and a half months. Even for a summer 2020 movie, this seems early...

TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.