***Godzilla: King of the Monsters***

48,359 Views | 437 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capitol Ag
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks. Just watched end credits on YouTube as well as Godzilla trailer. IT LOOKS BADASS.

And I like the Titans concept.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Pretty sure they got Tywin Lannister just for that line
Dro07
AG
Haha I was in the same boat. I didn't know until someone mentioned it on here.
Spyderman
AG
As a kiddoe in the '60's we grew up watching these guys.

This one looks to be special.

Really special.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
jeffk
AG
So the earth has a fever and the only prescription is more titans?
AMW2010
AG
Looked horrible to me... but I never saw Godzilla... didn't have the same tone as skull Island
Sapper Redux
jeffk said:

So the earth has a fever and the only prescription is more titans?

Oh dear God, now I want Christopher Walken to play Ken Watanabe's character.

"Hey, uh, just let them fight!"
RadAg14
AG
Hard as bricks
fig96
AG
Duuuuuuuude...I'm so in.
AGnBCS
AG
So the John C Reilly line about Kong is still growing probably means we get an already huge Kong (about 100ft) even bigger by the Godzilla fight.
If this G is already 400+ ft how big of a Kong do we need to make this a plausible fight ? A 300ft+ Kong would be unstoppable .
AgMarauder04
AG
AGnBCS said:

So the John C Reilly line about Kong is still growing probably means we get an already huge Kong (about 100ft) even bigger by the Godzilla fight.
If this G is already 400+ ft how big of a Kong do we need to make this a plausible fight ? A 300ft+ Kong would be unstoppable .

Kong has speed and intelligence. Godzilla atomic breath and brute strength/durability.

When they find out their moms have the same name, theyll become besties.
YouBet
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Has anyone watched those anime Godzilla movies on Netflix? Those are nuts.
I've seen the first movie and I noticed the second one is out now. I'm convinced at this point that all Japanese anime directors are insane.
jabberwalkie09
AG
YouBet said:

I've seen the first movie and I noticed the second one is out now. I'm convinced at this point that all Japanese anime directors are insane.

Yeah I'll have to catch the second movie. It's supposed to be a trilogy of movies right?
YouBet
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

YouBet said:

Yeah I'll have to catch the second movie. It's supposed to be a trilogy of movies right?

I'm not sure. I came across it randomly one night and watched it. Never researched it.
Fenrir
3rd comes out in October I believe. I've enjoyed 1st 2 so far. 2nd has a post credits scene that teases the 3rd movie.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fenrir said:

3rd comes out in October I believe. I've enjoyed 1st 2 so far. 2nd has a post credits scene that teases the 3rd movie.

Thanks for the heads up.
AGinHI
AG
I don't know how I missed this! I am as excited for this as I was when the X-Men finally came to the big screen.

Like many of you, I grew up on all the Godzilla movies.

So, to go from this

and this

and this

and even this

to this

Has been a long time coming. So, yeah, I'm excited.

Now, if we can just get a reboot of Gamera.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Dro07
AG
Yup lots of our childhood coming to the big screen like this has been awesome. Some disappointing but overall awesome.
Liberalistism
AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

Kong has speed and intelligence. Godzilla atomic breath and brute strength/durability.

Kong also has the potential for lightning powers. He had them in the original Godzilla vs King Kong movie.
OnlyForNow
AG
I could see him like rubbing his hands together and then clapping and creating enough static electricity that it might produce lightning...
canadiaggie
AG

this is metal and awesome as hell.
KidDoc
AG
I finally got around to watching Kong and loved it! Great to see the monster movie genre return. Can't wait for Zilla vs the sludge monster!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Solo Tetherball Champ
KidDoc said:

I finally got around to watching Kong and loved it! Great to see the monster movie genre return. Can't wait for Zilla vs the sludge monster!

Zilla? Do you realize what you've said!!!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

Kong also has the potential for lightning powers. He had them in the original Godzilla vs King Kong movie.
That lightning power depended on an outside source - a bolt of lightning or zapped by electricity towers.
YouBet
AG
Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

Really? That's dumb.
jeffk
AG
Rewatched Godzilla again last night. About as good as I remembered but man, Godzilla is fat!
Solo Tetherball Champ
YouBet said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

Really? That's dumb.
Please note that we are discussing a film in which a 100 foot tall, radioactive lizard and giant ape fight each other.

If you want smart, go watch some Oscar bait flick.
BBQ4Me
AG
jeffk said:

Rewatched Godzilla again last night. About as good as I remembered but man, Godzilla is fat!

If you spent thousands of years sitting in your mom's basement and eating Cheetos while you wait for a MUTO to emerge, you'd be pretty fat too
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Smoking marijuana, eating cheetos, and masturbating do not constitute 'plans' in my book."

- Walter White
Liberalistism
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

That lightning power depended on an outside source - a bolt of lightning or zapped by electricity towers.
Perhaps Ghidorah's actions give him powers? I don't know, I'm just speculating here. I don't really see how Kong competes even with being vastly more agile and faster and able to use weapons.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
1.21 jiggawatts?
AGnBCS
AG
Liberalistism said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Liberalistism said:

AgMarauder04 said:

AGnBCS said:

Perhaps Ghidorah's actions give him powers? I don't know, I'm just speculating here. I don't really see how Kong competes even with being vastly more agile and faster and able to use weapons.

Assuming the end game is Kong being the wildcard in stopping Ghiddorah in the Kong vs Godzilla movie ( getting ahead of ourselves ) .
It's all about how big they can get away with making him . If he's 75% Godzilla's size maybe . However that still makes him like 25% of Ghiddorahs size . So I'd agree in that I just don't see how he brings anything to the table without powers or holding a 50ft long rpg.

My hope is that they have made Ghiddorah so overwhelmingly unbeatable that it takes all of them to beat him and it's just one huge battle Royale with cheese .
DaBaba
Goro Majima
AG
That's how most of Ghidorah's old school appearances go.
AGnBCS
AG
Sans Kong

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.