***Godzilla: King of the Monsters***

48,354 Views | 437 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capitol Ag
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Give me this movie.
YouBet
AG
Me after reading those reviews:

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Those quotes make me happy. Very happy. Cannot wait to see this.
Silky Johnston
Super excited. Just hoping these quotes aren't overblown like Hollywood people like to do. The initial reaction to War for Planet of the Apes made that movie sound like a masterpiece and it sucked
TCTTS
AG
Phat32
AG
In
Thunder18
AG
Almost walked out of Gozilla, so glad to see these reviews are saying this is much better
Phat32
AG
May be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed the first Godzilla (2014).
GiveEmHellBill
AG
While the first movie was definitely slow paced, every time Godzilla was on screen was spectacular, so I didn't mind having to sit through the rest of it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
yukmonkey said:

I loved Godzilla, didn't like King Kong.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

yukmonkey said:

I loved Godzilla, didn't like King Kong.
Yeah, I loved Godzilla. Kong Skull Island was okay but I think it was the final end credit scene when they showed old 8mm film of cave drawings of some very familiar titans, as well as the classic Godzilla roar, that I decided the movie was worth more than a bucket of warm moose piss.
TCTTS
AG
2014 Godzilla is both amazing and frustrating. I actually love the pacing , and I didn't mind that Godzilla was only used sparingly. Like GiveEmHellBill said, every time he was on screen was spectacular, and I thought that the other two monsters more than made up for his absence. That scene where they finally unite and share the nuke is just so cool and so chilling.

The big mistake the filmmakers obviously made was killing off Cranston's character so early and then leaving us with the most generic soldier character ever as the sole lead. Which is both confusing and a shame, because Aaron Taylor-Johnson can act, and usually plays interesting characters, and Cranston was at the peak of his powers.

Still, it's been a few years since I've seen it, and I'm looking forward to revisiting it in the lead up to this one.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bomb-carbon-has-been-found-in-deep-ocean-creatures/

I knew it!!!!! Godzilla lives!
RadAg14
AG
Based off this new trailer but spoilering in case someone didnt want to see it

comicbook.com/anime/amp/2019/05/16/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-new-clip/

Fire Godizlla? And the clip where he head slams someone into the ground
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Tickets secured for opening night. It's actually the only time that weekend that my family can make it to the movie, although the wife is probably not gonna be thrilled to find out we're going that Friday night.

From what I've seen of the trailer, this movie has a real chance to be fantastic. Hope I'm not disappointed.
AggieZoom
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

The HALO jump in the film was pretty kickass, too.

ETA the link

still one of my favorite scenes, especially the meeting prior, "those of you who make it to bottom without hitting a skyscraper" lol

but to join in on this thread, i CANNOT wait! I have many of those poorly dubbed japanese videos in VHS and somehow need to find a way to watch them again.
Also, I wish Alamo did a cup/glass special with this movie like they do with other movies.
Tanya 93
My son is counting down the days until that movie
YouBet
AG
AggieZoom said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

The HALO jump in the film was pretty kickass, too.

ETA the link

still one of my favorite scenes, especially the meeting prior, "those of you who make it to bottom without hitting a skyscraper" lol

but to join in on this thread, i CANNOT wait! I have many of those poorly dubbed japanese videos in VHS and somehow need to find a way to watch them again.
Also, I wish Alamo did a cup/glass special with this movie like they do with other movies.

It was awesome and reminded me of Gandalf / Balrog scene plunging to wherever is below Moria.
Jim01
AG
Annoying the 2014 movie isn't streaming anywhere. From a marketing standpoint, anytime a sequel is coming out, I would think you'd want to push the older movie on as many streaming services as possible. I'd love to rewatch but I'm not paying for it.
nickstro66
AG
TNT has Godzilla available to stream on their website, but you have to have a cable provider to watch it
TCTTS
AG
I was looking for the 2014 movie on 4K Blu-ray, but it doesn't yet exist on the format. You know what does? And came out just this month? The 1998 Godzilla (which is a Sony movie, not Warner Bros.).

What is WB's deal? Echoing Jim01, why would they not being doing a big streaming/4K push of the 2014 movie leading up to the release of this one? This thread is proof that people are looking to revisit it in order to prep for the new one.

That said, I ended up watching it again on Blu-ray last night for the first time in a few years and it's good, no doubt, but man, I forgot how much Godzilla isn't actually in it. I thought for sure he had at least two big scenes before the finale. Nope. Just one, in Hawaii, and it cuts away before the fight even begins. Still, there's a lot to love, but it's such a flat movie at times. This new one looks about a hundred times more fun, colorful, and lively.

Just bought my ticket for the Chinese Theater IMAX next Saturday and I can't wait.
Capitol Ag
AG
Jim01 said:

Annoying the 2014 movie isn't streaming anywhere. From a marketing standpoint, anytime a sequel is coming out, I would think you'd want to push the older movie on as many streaming services as possible. I'd love to rewatch but I'm not paying for it.
It's back at Red Box. Not sure if that can be streamed but thought it could be.
TCTTS
AG
I need it to be Saturday ASAP...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Collider folks loved it.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Somehow, the RT score is at 39%.

Not that it makes a bit of difference to how hyped I am. They didn't like Aladdin either, but that was pretty good.
TCTTS
AG
Man, thats so weird. I haven't seen a single negative reaction on Twitter yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Critics loved and general audiences hated Godzilla 2014 (for the most part), right?

I bet this will be the reverse of that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.