The Americans - Fianl Season (March 28)

67,511 Views | 629 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggies76
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The trailer's got hype.

Big Cat `93
Ol Jock 99
AgDaddy08-11
beanbean
Been looking forward to this more than any other show this year. Because it's all gotta come to a head this time around. I've been a fan of this show since the first episode.
FancyKetchup14
AG
brucoh said:

Been looking forward to this more than any other show this year. Because it's all gotta come to a head this time around. I've been a fan of this show since the first episode.

One of the best pilots ever. Can't wait for this to return.
HeardAboutPerio
Pahdz
So excited for this!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Looks freaking awesome... looks like the return of cold ruthless killing machine Elizabeth - my favorite Elizabeth.

And very little of little brother Henry.

Paige looks good maybe even channeling some elizabeth looks.

Giving Stan some real perps to track down is good and I bet he gets very close to the Jennings... love that tension.

but I've always known this show will not end well... I don't mean the story.... but like sopranos and Breaking Bad it just was never meant to have a happy ending. It's gonna be ugly - families, friends torn apart, lots of death. It's gonna be devastating to Stan one way or another.

Can't wait.
oragator
I always wonder how closely the end will follow the real story.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/07/discovered-our-parents-were-russian-spies-tim-alex-foley
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hope not. That's a little anti climactic really.

Just busted in arrested and game over.

Plus in this case at least Paige already knows.
Redstone
AG
They should not have changed the actor playing Henry, and my wife is angry that Keri Russell left her husband for her co-star - the show has also kept her from checking out Felicity DVDs from the library, and I have to watch it on the "sly."
dgrogers88
Bunbury
AG
they have a new actor for Henry for season 6??

Also can't wait for this, but also full of dread knowing that bad stuff is on the way. Philip has been close to a breakdown for years, I'm very worried for what his futures holds. I'd enjoy getting some more Oleg plot but with only 10 episodes I can imagine they'll keep it somewhat lean to focus on final closure.
policywonk98
AG
This show is one of my favorites all time. Looking forward to this final chapter, although I do wish they had taken the timeline all the way into the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Perhaps they will. I'm assuming they won't because its still too many years away from where they were at the end of last season.
Ol Jock 99
AG
It has been a great run. I didn't think last season lived up to incredibly high bar of the previous ones, but am very excited about this final chapter.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
policywonk98 said:

This show is one of my favorites all time. Looking forward to this final chapter, although I do wish they had taken the timeline all the way into the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Perhaps they will. I'm assuming they won't because its still too many years away from where they were at the end of last season.

could be shown in a flash forward in part of the finale perhaps. i agree that would be interesting to see from the Jennings and Stan perspectives.
beanbean
policywonk98 said:

There is supposed to be a time jump of 3 years from the end of last to the beginning of this season. This season is supposed to start in 1987.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
brucoh said:

policywonk98 said:

There is supposed to be a time jump of 3 years from the end of last to the beginning of this season. This season is supposed to start in 1987.

sure but the Berlin Wall fell in 1989 and the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.

Still gonna require a big leap forward to include it - I think more like an epilogue.

beanbean
BernArnold said:

brucoh said:

policywonk98 said:

sure but the Berlin Wall fell in 1989 and the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.

Still gonna require a big leap forward to include it - I think more like an epilogue.

I'm sure they'll cover it somehow.
CowtownAg06
AG
Something was off last season but can't wait for this one.

Agree on more Oleg.
safety guy
AG
It will be interesting if we will see what has become of Martha.
Ol Jock 99
AG
safety guy said:

It will be interesting if we will see what has become of Martha.

I hope her storyline is over. I think it is nicely closed.
Bunbury
AG
Yeah I recently went through on Amazon just to watch the 'previously on' recaps to catch myself up. What are the ongoing plotlines we should be expecting this season (obviously a time jump would change these)? Are there any other important plotlines hanging in the balance at the moment?

• The Jennings' potentially returning to the Soviet Union
  • Philip possibly finding out more about his Russian son
  • Paige getting more involved in spy matters
  • Henry heading off to boarding school
  • Stan & Aderholt working the Russian woman for information
  • Philip working Kimmy since her father has been promoted
  • The crops and other systematic failures occurring in the Soviet Union (Oleg/Gabriel)
  • Stan's new girlfriend being suspected by the Jennings' of being a spy.
beanbean
Anybody watching Homeland this season? Oleg has been in the last couple of episodes playing a Russian guy (of course).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Hopefully Kimmy is of age now.... I'm just sayin.

I guess she would be in 1987 so.....
SWCBonfire
AG
Show "fianly" back on the air tonight
SeattleAgJr
SWCBonfire said:

Show "fianly" back on the air tonight
I WILL CUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FancyKetchup14
AG
Sazerac
AG
Went back and watched last four episodes as a reminder.

But before that watched season one pilot. Forgot how amazing it was and how much ground they covered and how Al the key characters were introduced right away. Highly recommend rewatching.
BBQ4Me
AG
Great opening sequence
SWCBonfire
AG
Oleg
aTmAg
AG
That set up a great looking season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

damn.... Elizabeth looks soooo bad....but she is the ice princess once again. cold blooded killer.

montages were great, music was amazing.... the mood was so somber, dark, depressing really.

great setup of the entire season and the main issue, dragging Oleg right back in, showing how Phillip gets involved again. Even Paige was handled really really well.

looks like a great final season.

SeattleAgJr
really wish more shows would do 5=6 seasons and done.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.