****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,403 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brock Sampson said:

It was the reason Danny and Jon got together in the first place

What was? That Dragonstone had a crap load of Dragonglass? That's the only reason John went.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
All the dust that has covered them the last however many years
Houston Lee
AG
JABQ04 said:

I still maintain the NK wins it all. To quote Ramsay, "If you thinks this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."
That would be typical of the way GRR Martin has written the entire series. Main characters die all the time.

The NK winning would be an ending that not many saw coming.
OnlyForNow
AG
So the lion inside winterfell is Tyrion who/what is the blank token representing?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
boboguitar
AG
C@LAg said:

Reddit: When the Night King does his totally awesome panzer maneuver and bypasses Winterfell to go straight to King's Landing, he will get there and resurrect the dragons in the Red Keep. I mean, why show them if they are not going to get resurrected?

Other Reddit: And what are they going to breathe? Bones?
Also, it's literally just their heads.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
boboguitar said:

C@LAg said:

Reddit: When the Night King does his totally awesome panzer maneuver and bypasses Winterfell to go straight to King's Landing, he will get there and resurrect the dragons in the Red Keep. I mean, why show them if they are not going to get resurrected?

Also, it's literally just their heads.

And???
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

Brock Sampson said:

What was? That Dragonstone had a crap load of Dragonglass? That's the only reason John went.
Um. Red Woman showed up, told Dany to call Jon to her.

"I have brought Fire and Ice together".

Would Jon have gone if not for the Dragonglass? I'm not sure, either way.
Brock Sampson
AG
redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

Brock Sampson said:

Um. Red Woman showed up, told Dany to call Jon to her.

"I have brought Fire and Ice together".

Would Jon have gone if not for the Dragonglass? I'm not sure, either way.

Jon went to get more men. Danny sent him a Raven after Melisandre told her about the prince (or princess according to Missandei ) that was promised prophecy.
cbr
AG
C@LAg said:

that was my theory 10 pages ago... if that comes true i am coming back to brag.
chris1515
AG
I'm hoping the NightKing shows up in the godswood and walks up to Bran in his wheelchair, and Bran starts mumbling something, and as he comes close to listen, Bran starts furiously ringing a bell, and then boom...a barrel of wildfire that is strapped under his wheelchair explodes.
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

There is nothing between Theon and Sansa. She grew up with him like a brother and has forgiven him ever since he saved her. Even D&D said in the post-episode recap that they were together simply to be near other people on the eve of what could be their deaths
Thank you. I honestly am baffled at the number of people who saw any tinge of romance in that look.
baffled? I'm not saying it's 100% that's what it was, but she all but mimicked the same look that Arya gave Gendry. It seemed all to poignant.

bangobango
AG
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

Man, I'd almost bet money right now on lightbringer and prince that was promised being worked in somehow. Seems ridiculously obvious to me, especially the prince who was promised part. It's been a major part of the entire show and makes me think some of you don't watch that closely. Basically the entire point of melisandre's character.
If by major part of the show, you mean mentioned a handful of times over the course of 7 seasons, sure. Really obvious. I said this earlier, but I'll say it again. The entire point of Mel's character was to bring Jon Snow back to life.

I feel like you could say the same thing about Rhaegar and Lyanna before last season, too. They just mention them a few times here and there.
bangobango
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

There is nothing between Theon and Sansa. She grew up with him like a brother and has forgiven him ever since he saved her. Even D&D said in the post-episode recap that they were together simply to be near other people on the eve of what could be their deaths
Thank you. I honestly am baffled at the number of people who saw any tinge of romance in that look.
baffled? I'm not saying it's 100% that's what it was, but she all but mimicked the same look that Arya gave Gendry. It seemed all to poignant.

I thought the look Sansa gave Theon looked romantic, but I don't think that is what they were going for. In fact, I refuse to believe that and will be pissed if that's what they do.

I prefer to think Sansa has learned to really appreciate those that care for her and the look was meant to convey how much she platonically feels for Theon's loyalty. I think it was just bad directing or bad acting or both.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
chris1515 said:

I'm hoping the NightKing shows up in the godswood and walks up to Bran in his wheelchair, and Bran starts mumbling something, and as he comes close to listen, Bran starts furiously ringing a bell, and then boom...a barrel of wildfire that is strapped under his wheelchair explodes.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggie93
AG
bangobango said:

M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

I thought the look Sansa gave Theon looked romantic, but I don't think that is what they were going for. In fact, I refuse to believe that and will be pissed if that's what they do.

I prefer to think Sansa has learned to really appreciate those that care for her and the look was meant to convey how much she platonically feels for Theon's loyalty. I think it was just bad directing or bad acting or both.
I can only take so much Eunich love myself. I suppose Varys will hook up with Melisandre too?
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Liquid Wrench
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

Man, I'd almost bet money right now on lightbringer and prince that was promised being worked in somehow. Seems ridiculously obvious to me, especially the prince who was promised part. It's been a major part of the entire show and makes me think some of you don't watch that closely. Basically the entire point of melisandre's character.
If by major part of the show, you mean mentioned a handful of times over the course of 7 seasons, sure. Really obvious. I said this earlier, but I'll say it again. The entire point of Mel's character was to bring Jon Snow back to life.
Since season 7 was like 20 years ago, I had to find the scene where Melisandre arrives to meet Dany:

*Prince or Princess who was promised.
JABQ04
AG
Back to Howland Reed, and I just had to verify, but with them being a Stark Bannerman I'm surprised they haven't showed up, other than the kids. Aren't the Crannogmen descendants of the the Children of the Forest? Wonder if they could arrive and try to turn the tide with their magic and such?

Edit*. Not descendants of the Children of the Forest.
gigemJTH12
AG
chris1515 said:

If you came up with this, man...that's brilliant.

But even if you stole it, thanks for posting here. Loved that...lol
gigemJTH12
AG
Man this show is so ****ed up. Laying in bed thinking about how we should handle this battle.

Not sure if discussed, but that final cut away scene of Tyrion staring out into the night from the top of the castle was freakin badass.

Can't believe that it's all happening in 5 days.
PatAg
AG
Endgame and then Battle for Winterfell a couple days later
Liquid Wrench
There were a few seasons when I didn't have HBO and I would have to wait and binge 4-5 episodes at a time when I could.

I kind of miss that instant gratification of seeing the next episode right away. Well, I guess it was delayed instant gratification. Something like that.
claym711
AG
Seems pretty obvious that Daeny will realize breaking the wheel /= crushing everyone, but that it means splitting the kingdom into parts.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I caught it as well but couldn't quite place it. And I'm 8 hours behind on this thread
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bangobango said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

I feel like you could say the same thing about Rhaegar and Lyanna before last season, too. They just mention them a few times here and there.

Well the prince who was promised is the one thing Melisandre has been searching for. Doesn't she say that's why she was sent to Westeros in the first place? To find him. She thinks it's stannis at first, then Jon.

On the other hand, the Lord of Light and his goals have been brought up repeatedly in the show. Not just by Melisandre, but the Brotherhood without banners, a bunch of different people in the east, etc. I would be surprised if there isn't some kind of tie in at the end. We will see the Old Gods work through Bran, the God of Many Faces through Arya, the Lord of Light through either Dany and Jon, and the seven of course, will continue to be the lamest gods in the show.
Joseph Parrish
AG
This is the guy on Youtube I watch most often for GOT stuff.

normaleagle05
AG
What if the Night King flew through the wall and immediately and intentionally bypassed Winterfell? He could have already raised a smaller second army of the dead south of Winterfell and could provide a surprise attack against the undefended southern flank at the BoW.

His risk would be allowing Drogon and Rheagal to destroy his existing army. But maybe he knows Bran will think he's coming personally for the 3ER and their defense would be too conservative to use the dragons offensively.
bangobango
AG
claym711 said:

Seems pretty obvious that Daeny will realize breaking the wheel /= crushing everyone, but that it means splitting the kingdom into parts.

Which would actually lead to more war and death.
bangobango
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Alt shift x is much better, but doesn't put out near as much content.
Joseph Parrish
AG
bangobango said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Alt shift x is much better, but doesn't put out near as much content.
There's not much that Alt Shift X covers that the Emergency Awesome guy hasn't also covered. They're both good and both know what they're talking about.
AustinAg2K
I really hope we see Arya come face to face with the Night King, and she just says to him, "Not today."
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.