****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,188 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There will be no official PtwP, that would be such an eyeroll.

Also, the skeletons in the Winterfell crypt will not fight for the living. That's the whole point of the show frequently mentioning the "safety" of the crypts in this episode. The foreshadowing makes no sense if the crypts end up actually being safe.

They will not waste their time with lightbringer, it makes absolutely no sense to bring it up now. They already have weapons that can kill wights and WWs, what exactly would be the point of lightbringer unless it shot ****ing lasers.

Again, Targaryen's are not fire proof, just Dany. Jon is not fireproof, he literally burned his hand in season 1 throwing the lantern at the wight attacking Mormont.

I'm sure there are more ridiculous theories unaddressed, but these seem to be the most prevalent.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't think this is ever shown explicitly in the show. But we just know he inherited it after Joffrey died. (And probably after Tommen died.)

I believe the first time we see it mentioned specifically is when he gives the poison to Olenna. She asks the sword's name.
OnlyForNow
AG
At Tommen's funeral.
bangobango
AG
Man, I'd almost bet money right now on lightbringer and prince that was promised being worked in somehow. Seems ridiculously obvious to me, especially the prince who was promised part. It's been a major part of the entire show and makes me think some of you don't watch that closely. Basically the entire point of melisandre's character.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

Y'all really, really need to forget about the prince that was promised or any flaming sword other than Beric's.
maybe you can just ignore it instead
bonfarr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ned Stark's sword (Ice) was a big part of Brienne's knighting.

Brienne is holding Oathkeeper (1/2 of Ice), while Jaime knights her with Widow's Wail (the other 1/2 of Ice).

And in Winterfell, of all places.

Maybe intentional, maybe not. But really cool.

The honor of Ned Stark lives on in these 2 characters.

What happened to the other half, Widows wail, after Jeffrey cut the pie then flopped over and died? Is it still in KL?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
HouseDivided06
AG
bonfarr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ned Stark's sword (Ice) was a big part of Brienne's knighting.

Brienne is holding Oathkeeper (1/2 of Ice), while Jaime knights her with Widow's Wail (the other 1/2 of Ice).

And in Winterfell, of all places.

Maybe intentional, maybe not. But really cool.

The honor of Ned Stark lives on in these 2 characters.

What happened to the other half, Widows wail, after Jeffrey cut the pie then flopped over and died? Is it still in KL?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't think this is ever shown explicitly in the show. But we just know he inherited it after Joffrey died. (And probably after Tommen died.)

I believe the first time we see it mentioned specifically is when he gives the poison to Olenna. She asks the sword's name.

Here is where Joffrey receives it and names it Widow's Wail

It was seen briefly lying beside Joffrey prior to his funeral in S4 - presumably it was then kept somewhere in the Red Keep (we never saw Tommen or Jamie with it).... until S7....

Here is Olenna Tyrell's death and they speak about the sword Jamie is now wearing - that it was Joffrey's. Followed by a lot of insulting of Cersei and then her admission about Joffrey. Greatness.

redline248
AG
bangobango said:

Man, I'd almost bet money right now on lightbringer and prince that was promised being worked in somehow. Seems ridiculously obvious to me, especially the prince who was promised part. It's been a major part of the entire show and makes me think some of you don't watch that closely. Basically the entire point of melisandre's character.
If by major part of the show, you mean mentioned a handful of times over the course of 7 seasons, sure. Really obvious. I said this earlier, but I'll say it again. The entire point of Mel's character was to bring Jon Snow back to life.
redline248
AG
PatAg said:

redline248 said:

Y'all really, really need to forget about the prince that was promised or any flaming sword other than Beric's.
I am just trying to save people from the disappointment
FIDO95
AG
redline248 said:

PatAg said:

redline248 said:

It is too late for book nerds like me.

I'm still holding on hope that Dawn makes an appearance. I often envisioned Howland Reed showing up with it and using it as evidence for what happened at the Tower of Joy. Then when Jon grabbed the hilt, the meteorite blade would glow like magma and fire. And then ice and fire would shoot out of his ass propelling him over the Army of the Dead where he would single handedly defeat all 95 WW and then flash a horns down sign. Yeah, so anything short of that and I'm going to be disappointed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
My hope for any of that stuff is that the fat man finishes at least the Winds of Winter. The show does not have much time left.
DartAg1970
AG
I think before Tywin dies he gives it to Jaime when he agrees to return to Casterly Rock if he spares Tyrion.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

If by major part of the show, you mean mentioned a handful of times over the course of 7 seasons, sure. Really obvious. I said this earlier, but I'll say it again. The entire point of Mel's character was to bring Jon Snow back to life.

I don't even think she did bring him back to life.

She thought she failed and she walked away. Even Davos gave up and left. She even said later she has no idea why or how it worked and she had never done it before.

I believe Jon came back to life by either
1. magic at the wall concerning Starks (he is still a Stark too)
2. something related to being AA or Lightbringer and he can't die yet

I think we are misled by her trying and by Thoros of Myr being able to do it for Beric - but I don't think she did.

It was quite different when Thoros did it - it was nearly instant

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
Well the show hasn't given any other explanation, and they are running out episodes in which to do it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

gonna disagree with you on that last one. no reason to think it is not as played out in the books and on the show.

you talking to me? you didn't reply to me so I don't know.....

if talking about Jon's resurrection re: Melisandre:

as played out in the books????? - jon was not resurrected in the books (yet) so we have no idea.

as played out in the show - Melisandre quite clearly showed doubt in her ability to do it and no clue why it worked, that's a major clue. Thoros had no doubt and did it many times.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Well the show hasn't given any other explanation, and they are running out episodes in which to do it.

they don't have to explain it do they?

i mean if something happens where he is AA or Lightbringer then that kinda explains it for itself. Or if it is Stark/Wall related we will see something else along those lines in the resolution. I don't think any more attention needs to be paid to it if it goes that way. it will be understood as something else. If it does not and he dies then it was most likely what we saw regardless of her doubts.

Also if it is something else - I think they would NOT be explaining it. that's what they want you to believe...right up until it is determined that it was something else.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
and i do.....

specifically the walking away and the delay until it happened....was the Red God just sitting there thinking about it?????
redline248
AG
Call it dramatic effect. Even the audience was starting to doubt it would happen. I guarantee if you ask 100 viewers how did Jon Snow come back to life over 90% say Melisandre.

My sample size of one non book reader thinks so, and also has no idea what Lightbringer or the prince that was promised is.
canadiaggie
AG
FIDO95 said:

redline248 said:

PatAg said:

redline248 said:

It is too late for book nerds like me.

I'm still holding on hope that Dawn makes an appearance. I often envisioned Howland Reed showing up with it and using it as evidence for what happened at the Tower of Joy. Then when Jon grabbed the hilt, the meteorite blade would glow like magma and fire. And then ice and fire would shoot out of his ass propelling him over the Army of the Dead where he would single handedly defeat all 95 WW and then flash a horns down sign. Yeah, so anything short of that and I'm going to be disappointed.

I wish could blue star, blue parachute, gig em, and laugh cry this post all at once.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I mean, just look at that.

What is hype may never die.
Max Power
AG
They're going to need walkie talkies to effectively coordinate anything.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
C@LAg said:

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1061243-game-of-thrones-jerome-flynn-to-star-in-amazons-dark-tower-series

Jerome Flynn (Bronn) joining the cast of the Dark Tower series for Amazon.
The series will have nothing to do with the ****ty movie.
man oh man if Bronn is playing JOnas Eldred I am going to be loving the hell out of this series.
Charlie Conway
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

There will be no official PtwP, that would be such an eyeroll.

Also, the skeletons in the Winterfell crypt will not fight for the living. That's the whole point of the show frequently mentioning the "safety" of the crypts in this episode. The foreshadowing makes no sense if the crypts end up actually being safe.

They will not waste their time with lightbringer, it makes absolutely no sense to bring it up now. They already have weapons that can kill wights and WWs, what exactly would be the point of lightbringer unless it shot ****ing lasers.

Again, Targaryen's are not fire proof, just Dany. Jon is not fireproof, he literally burned his hand in season 1 throwing the lantern at the wight attacking Mormont.

I'm sure there are more ridiculous theories unaddressed, but these seem to be the most prevalent.
The whole point of burying the Kings of Winter in the crypts is to keep the dead from rising, the Starks would have to change their motto to: "oh no we played ourselves"
Brock Sampson
AG
It was the reason Danny and Jon got together in the first place
chase128
AG
Prince that was promised isn't gonna happen in the show. It's hasn't been touched on in forever and only book people know about it.
Time to forget about it along with Hot Pie, Howland Reed and whatever random stuff
Brock Sampson
AG
I know season 7 was forever ago, but still
chase128
AG
Whatever it ain't happening
astros4545
AG
PTWP

I'll take Theon at 100-1

He's practically genderless

"Born amongst salt and smoke" - Iron Islands and the Salt Throne

jboog
AG
Hot Pie was the Prince Who Was Promised all along
chase128
AG
You got me
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.