****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,109,203 Views | 14599 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Urban Ag
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

Farmer1906 said:

Needle is normal steel.
Yes sir, edited. Thanks.
And she proved she can throw dragon glass daggers and kill a fly. Pushing me more and more that she's gonna be the assassin. Is the Night King on her list?
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[Keep the political nonsense off of this board. There is your warning. -Staff]
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
benchmark said:

I think the battle for the Iron Throne is still the cinematic climax of the show, so some secondary characters may die in this battle but no major ones. Maybe Theon, Danos, Varys, Grey Worm, Baric....I think the Hound lives to fight his brother. Dany and Jon live to fight against Cersi though only one will survive ultimately. That's why a legitimate and good ruler ends up on the throne, but it is bittersweet because they are alone.

Agreed... or only 1 or 2 major characters at most.

There are 3 80 minute episodes AFTER the BOW. Perhaps the battle moves on but there has been no indication of another major battle - perhaps something less epic at KL (either dragons or the NK/ice dragon and a few dead but not the entire army no huge assault of KL). I think the battle with the dead is pretty much over after BOW.

Then it is fallout and recovery and the final drama at KL for Eps 5 and 6.

Broba Fett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonfarr said:

I'm going to call my shots on what happens to the main characters by the close of this saga.


Dany reigns as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
Sansa - The Lady of Winterfell will rule as Queen of the North
Gendry - He fights bravely against the NK and is awarded the Baratheon name and is no longer considered a *******. He marries Arya Stark and they rule over Storm's End.
Tyrion remains in KL as Hand if the Queen
Sir Gwyneth of Tarth will command the Kingsguard
Bran the 3 Eyed Raven will rebuild the wall and protect future generations from a return of the NK
The Hound wins the Cleganebowl and kills his bro The Mountain by fire, coming full circle

These characters will die gloriously: Jorah, Theon, Jamie, Davos, Giantsbane

Cersei dies

Grey Worm lives and leaves with Missandei

I am undecided on Jon Snow, I think he gives Dany the throne but can't see him just sitting there doing nothing so maybe he dies too.




Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

I'm starting to wonder about Clegane bowl. With limited time left, I'm having a hard time picturing a Mountain/Viper type showdown between now and the end. I guess it could end up being in a battle setting where others are fighting but if that's the case, I doubt the Mountain would be more than a few feet from Cersei (and that's not where she would be).
The mountain is likely going to die just before Cersei does. And Clegane bowl will probably just be a part of the bigger overall battle for King's Landing.
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's kinda an indication of a second battle for episode 5. Pretty sure the director for ep3 and ep5 is the guy who does the big battle episodes.
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I loved the Hound asking Arya "is he on your little list?" Her: "he used to be"

Pound for pound, the Hounds lines are the best in the whole series. So few of them but such a high percentage are so awesome!
RC_57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did Kit Harrington slip?

Was watching a YouTube clip, of Kit on a Fallon's show. Fallon asked him if he kept anything from the show.

Kit said yes, a statue

It was mentioned in such an offhand way I think he (Kit) was genuine.

Now, the only statues I know of are the ones of the dead, located in the Crypt.

Thoughts?


edited Went looking, it was on Fallon, not Colbert
starting about the 4:10 mark
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

I'm starting to wonder about Clegane bowl. With limited time left, I'm having a hard time picturing a Mountain/Viper type showdown between now and the end. I guess it could end up being in a battle setting where others are fighting but if that's the case, I doubt the Mountain would be more than a few feet from Cersei (and that's not where she would be).


The Hound and Arya will enter the Red Keep together and Hound will kill his bro while Arya kills Cersei with Needle
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure I'm late to the game on this but does anyone else think that the NK's spiral symbol looks surprisingly close to the Targarian sigil?
Gangnam Style
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RC_57 said:

Did Kit Harrington slip?

Was watching a YouTube clip, of Kit on a Colbert's show. Colbert asked him if he kept anything from the show.

Kit said yes, a statue

It was mentioned in such an offhand way I think he (Kit) was genuine.

Now, the only statues I know of are the ones of the dead, located in the Crypt.

Thoughts?
I think it was the statue from that one teaser trailer.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

I'm starting to wonder about Clegane bowl. With limited time left, I'm having a hard time picturing a Mountain/Viper type showdown between now and the end. I guess it could end up being in a battle setting where others are fighting but if that's the case, I doubt the Mountain would be more than a few feet from Cersei (and that's not where she would be).
That's why I don't think it happens either. Cersei isn't leaving the walls of the Red Keep. The Mountain is always at her side. I can't think of a scenario where Sandor would end up close enough to Cersei to end up fighting the Mountain.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh my.
Beezy2389
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I meant Ballista. Though Bastilla would definitely be cooler.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:


I have no idea if Sean Bean tweets but he could really have some fun with this.
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't get the fascination with Mel's cans. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

PDEMDHC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HombreDoce said:

PDEMDHC said:

Furlock Bones said:

i think way too much is being made of heartsbane/Jorah.
It's symbology. And, no, I'm not an expert in "snaps fingers" nameology.

The family sword of the men she burned might play a role in assisting/saving Danny next week. She might realize how selfish and unfit for rule she is...

but we are probably giving the writers too much credit to cram into an episode... Furlock is most likely right





So do I owe you a bagel?
emtes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

StringerBell said:

emtes said:

This may have been touched on already.... But everyone keeps saying how Dany is selfish and only after the throne. We have known that the throne is her primary objective virtually since season 1. So why are we upset now?

And lets not forget that she chose to fight the dead alongside Jon. Rather than take Kings Landing when she is perfectly capable of doing so now.
i think it's about her motivation to take the throne. whether she's doing it now because she wants to be in charge or whether she's still got that fire to break the wheel as she did earlier.

on a side note i went and found the dialogue from the break the wheel scene and its kinda interesting

Tyrion: When you get back to your home, who supports you?
Dany: The common people.
Tyrion: Let's be generous and assume that's going to happen. Here in Slaver's Bay, you have the support of the common people and only the common people. What was that like ruling without the rich? House Targaryen is gone. Not a single person who shares your blood is alive to support you. The Starks are gone as well. Our 2 terrible fathers saw to that. The remaining members of House Lannisters will never back you, not ever. Stannis Baratheon won't back you either. His entire claim to the throne rests on the illegitimacy of yours. That leaves the Tyrells: not impossible, not enough.
Dany: Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell: They're all just spokes on a wheel. This one's on top, then that one's on top, then on and on it spins.
Tyrion: That's a beautiful dream: stopping the wheel. You're not the first person who's ever dreamt it.
Dany: I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

the fact that she mentioned targaryen as another spoke on the wheel might now mean that she realizes that even if jon is the rightful heir, she's gotta run through him in order to really break the wheel.
If Dany sits on the throne by herself she's not breaking the wheel. She becomes no different than the other cogs that make up the wheel. To truly break the wheel something else must happen. I think Danny's whole character arc relies on her realizing her place isn't on the throne, but somehow apart of it. What that is, I don't know.


The wheel could be symbolic of the 7 kingdoms. Breaking it could be her, as queen, breaking the kingdoms apart for each region to be independent.
That's always been my thought - that each kingdom would in the end, rule independently.

I'm just not prepared at this time to consider Dany evil just because she continues to state the throne as her objective (after BoW) as she has all along. I think we have seen that she is not the Mad King. I think she will certainly need good advisers and Jon/Aegon along side her to take Kings Landing, if there is one.
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I think there is a reason why we didn't get the full convo between Bran and Tyrion. And we will find out later why. Only reason that epic(sorry to use that word) convo would have been glossed over.
Im not super avid, but did just binge all this - seems to me the imp may be the dude with the fewest skeletons in the whole group. What better guy to get the full download from 'mr knows it all?'

Snow certainly does a lot of dumb things. Cant say id want him running the show.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Broba Fett said:

bonfarr said:

I'm going to call my shots on what happens to the main characters by the close of this saga.


Dany reigns as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
Sansa - The Lady of Winterfell will rule as Queen of the North
Gendry - He fights bravely against the NK and is awarded the Baratheon name and is no longer considered a *******. He marries Arya Stark and they rule over Storm's End.
Tyrion remains in KL as Hand if the Queen
Sir Gwyneth of Tarth will command the Kingsguard
Bran the 3 Eyed Raven will rebuild the wall and protect future generations from a return of the NK
The Hound wins the Cleganebowl and kills his bro The Mountain by fire, coming full circle

These characters will die gloriously: Jorah, Theon, Jamie, Davos, Giantsbane

Cersei dies

Grey Worm lives and leaves with Missandei

I am undecided on Jon Snow, I think he gives Dany the throne but can't see him just sitting there doing nothing so maybe he dies too.





I mean Ramsey got ****ed pretty quickly and Theon is still out there living and cruising towards his redemption. Seems kinda happy
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

I'm sure I'm late to the game on this but does anyone else think that the NK's spiral symbol looks surprisingly close to the Targarian sigil?
You're very late to the game. Its been answered by the showrunners that it is a twist on the symbols that the Children of the Forest use.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chase128 said:

There's kinda an indication of a second battle for episode 5. Pretty sure the director for ep3 and ep5 is the guy who does the big battle episodes.

Yes but no indication of another big battle scene filmed - like reports of the 55 night shoot for the BOW.

Could be a deception of course to keep it under wraps.

But also that same director has directed non battle episodes as well
"The Gift" S5 E7
"Winds of Winter" S6 E10

And he also did "Hardhome" S5 E8 which had a significant battle but it wasn't the entire episode. Like 12 minutes or so of the hour.

Directors are usually assigned 2 episodes and sometimes 3 per season - often back to back - I think he was assigned 2 episodes this season but thy are not back to back probably mostly for logistical purposes. A lot of times those are based on location of filming and the story continuity (related things filmed at certain sets at those times with the same cast).

Long story short - he was assigned for BOW and got the other episode as well (although it may have a battle of lesser scope).







agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

I'm sure I'm late to the game on this but does anyone else think that the NK's spiral symbol looks surprisingly close to the Targarian sigil?
Holy Hell you are right!


...in the fact that you are extremely late to the game
Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

Stive said:

I'm starting to wonder about Clegane bowl. With limited time left, I'm having a hard time picturing a Mountain/Viper type showdown between now and the end. I guess it could end up being in a battle setting where others are fighting but if that's the case, I doubt the Mountain would be more than a few feet from Cersei (and that's not where she would be).
That's why I don't think it happens either. Cersei isn't leaving the walls of the Red Keep. The Mountain is always at her side. I can't think of a scenario where Sandor would end up close enough to Cersei to end up fighting the Mountain.


I can. Whoever is left storms the red keep, and has killed all of Cersei's supporters except for Zombie Mountain. She is surrounded and the Mountain is protecting her. The Hound tells everyone "Step back, the **** is mine."

And then the Zombie wins and Cersei is allowed to keep the iron throne.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Urban Ag said:

Stive said:

I'm starting to wonder about Clegane bowl. With limited time left, I'm having a hard time picturing a Mountain/Viper type showdown between now and the end. I guess it could end up being in a battle setting where others are fighting but if that's the case, I doubt the Mountain would be more than a few feet from Cersei (and that's not where she would be).
That's why I don't think it happens either. Cersei isn't leaving the walls of the Red Keep. The Mountain is always at her side. I can't think of a scenario where Sandor would end up close enough to Cersei to end up fighting the Mountain.


I can. Whoever is left storms the red keep, and has killed all of Cersei's supporters except for Zombie Mountain. She is surrounded and the Mountain is protecting her. The Hound tells everyone "Step back, the **** is mine."

And then the Zombie wins and Cersei is allowed to keep the iron throne.
thy will be done.
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

trueaggie2782 said:

I'm sure I'm late to the game on this but does anyone else think that the NK's spiral symbol looks surprisingly close to the Targarian sigil?
Holy Hell you are right!


...in the fact that you are extremely late to the game


Brutal. Just brutal.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Onion bagel. Cream cheese.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

I'm sure I'm late to the game on this but does anyone else think that the NK's spiral symbol looks surprisingly close to the Targarian sigil?
*Targaryen

sorry can't get past that.

And....NO

aggieloko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:



Joe Jonas is the lucky one
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

I'm starting to wonder about Clegane bowl. With limited time left, I'm having a hard time picturing a Mountain/Viper type showdown between now and the end. I guess it could end up being in a battle setting where others are fighting but if that's the case, I doubt the Mountain would be more than a few feet from Cersei (and that's not where she would be).
The prophecy does say the younger brother will kill her, right? The Hound is a younger brother.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So what are everyone's top 4-5 picks for who will be the Prince Who Was Promised?

Mine:
1. Jon Snow (50%)
2. Jaime Lannister (20%)
3. Jorah (15%)
4. Danaerys (14%)
5. Sam (1%)

Figured I'd throw in a dark-horse pick.
or

6. None of the above/not relevant. Will not be overtly addressed in the show. Actions that occur may cover key point, but they will not be acknowledged as such by the show.

On the TV show, the ONLY person this plot is relevant to is Mellisandre.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

benchmark said:

I think the battle for the Iron Throne is still the cinematic climax of the show, so some secondary characters may die in this battle but no major ones. Maybe Theon, Danos, Varys, Grey Worm, Baric....I think the Hound lives to fight his brother. Dany and Jon live to fight against Cersi though only one will survive ultimately. That's why a legitimate and good ruler ends up on the throne, but it is bittersweet because they are alone.

Agreed... or only 1 or 2 major characters at most.

There are 3 80 minute episodes AFTER the BOW. Perhaps the battle moves on but there has been no indication of another major battle - perhaps something less epic at KL (either dragons or the NK/ice dragon and a few dead but not the entire army no huge assault of KL). I think the battle with the dead is pretty much over after BOW.

Then it is fallout and recovery and the final drama at KL for Eps 5 and 6.


I don't know anything about shooting schedules or anything like that. But I picture bad guys winning battle of winterfell and then remaining heroes going on a suicide mission to take down NK as the undead army advances south to finish conquering Westeros. May see a little of the Golden Company engaging with NK while heroes infiltrate to try to take down NK. Something like that.

If they beat white walkers next week, then rest of the season is going to seem crazy anti-climatic. I think it's all going to come together for one final battle between WW, Cersi, and whoever survives winterfell with the iron throne being determined by last man or woman standing.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ned Stark's sword (Ice) was a big part of Brienne's knighting.

Brienne is holding Oathkeeper (1/2 of Ice), while Jaime knights her with Widow's Wail (the other 1/2 of Ice).

And in Winterfell, of all places.

Maybe intentional, maybe not. But really cool.

The honor of Ned Stark lives on in these 2 characters.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At what point did Jaime acquire Joffrey's sword?
Page 127 of 418
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.