****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,656 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4/21/19. Placeholder. That episode wasn't worth 1000 replies.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
C@LAg said:

no way Arya sniffs anywhere near the NK.

That is not her kill.
Another interesting question from this, who are y'all betting on to kill the NK?

Jon seems like the most obvious choice, but GRRM is known for making less obvious choices.

My personal odds:

Jon- 60%
Dany- 15%
Bran- 5%
Arya- 5%
Jaime- 5%
Theon- 3%
Jorah- 2%
Brienne- 1%
Cersei- 1%
Gendry- 1%
Sam the Slayer- 1000%
None of the above- 1%

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
C@LAg said:

assuming he dies, it really has to be Jon.

You can make cases for others to tickle fan-boy-gasms, but he is THE hero of the story. The army of man is rallying around him.

That said, if they end with some sort of cheat pushing him back beyond the wall, or replacing him with one of our main characters, I am going to be pissed.

I think my alternative to this is Dany sacrificing herself to save Jon and kill the NK, completing her mini redemption arc that I think will take place over the next few episodes, as they seem to be building her up to be a spoiled brat.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
chris1515
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

chris1515 said:

I'm hoping the NightKing shows up in the godswood and walks up to Bran in his wheelchair, and Bran starts mumbling something, and as he comes close to listen, Bran starts furiously ringing a bell, and then boom...a barrel of wildfire that is strapped under his wheelchair explodes.

If you came up with this, man...that's brilliant.

But even if you stole it, thanks for posting here. Loved that...lol

That was an original thought! Thanks.
i is smart
AG
aggie93 said:

bangobango said:

M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

There is nothing between Theon and Sansa. She grew up with him like a brother and has forgiven him ever since he saved her. Even D&D said in the post-episode recap that they were together simply to be near other people on the eve of what could be their deaths
Thank you. I honestly am baffled at the number of people who saw any tinge of romance in that look.
baffled? I'm not saying it's 100% that's what it was, but she all but mimicked the same look that Arya gave Gendry. It seemed all to poignant.

I thought the look Sansa gave Theon looked romantic, but I don't think that is what they were going for. In fact, I refuse to believe that and will be pissed if that's what they do.

I prefer to think Sansa has learned to really appreciate those that care for her and the look was meant to convey how much she platonically feels for Theon's loyalty. I think it was just bad directing or bad acting or both.
I can only take so much Eunich love myself. I suppose Varys will hook up with Melisandre too?

Joanna has always been a huge Theon homer from what I've gathered listening to her pods. I hope he's one of the first to go in the battle, personally.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
JABQ04
AG
Theon will be one of the last, a la Davy Crockett style protecting Bran.
chipotle
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

C@LAg said:

no way Arya sniffs anywhere near the NK.

That is not her kill.
Another interesting question from this, who are y'all betting on to kill the NK?

Jon seems like the most obvious choice, but GRRM is known for making less obvious choices.

My personal odds:

Jon- 60%
Dany- 15%
Bran- 5%
Arya- 5%
Jaime- 5%
Theon- 3%
Jorah- 2%
Brienne- 1%
Cersei- 1%
Gendry- 1%
Sam the Slayer- 1000%
None of the above- 1%

Gily probably gives the NK some kinda frumpy look and the NK will be all "eeeghhhh" and trips and falls on some leftover dragon glass. Credits.
aviationag
AG
It is quite clever
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why isn't this a thing?
Broba Fett
Well that confirms it. Bran can't see **** and the night king can pick you off with an ice spear at 1000 yards.
Broba Fett
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why isn't this a thing?

No way, he needs a Valyerian steel gauntlet. Strongest pimp hand in the 7 kingdoms.
Furlock Bones
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
Anyone who didn't love episode 2, much less even like it, is a moron.

There, I said it.
Furlock Bones
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

There, I said it.
the problem is really that episode 1/2 should have been combined into an hour and 20-30 minute episode. it shouldn't have taken 2 full episodes to do reunions and await the NK and his army.
Bunk Moreland
gigemJTH12 said:

There, I said it.

Meh. If I wanted to watch Days of Our Lives, I'd quit my job and stay home all day. I was hoping for something a bit more quality than what we got on Sunday night.
chase128
chase128
AG
The first two episodes felt like they were cramming as much in as possible. You really think they could have rushed it even more?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You can dislike it if you want, but closing 8-year character arcs doesn't make it not quality.

That was absolutely quality television.
Bunk Moreland
chase128 said:

The first two episodes felt like they were cramming as much in as possible. You really think they could have rushed it even more?

That's the issue. they went too large trying to get a moment with everyone and every possible past combo when they should have cut half the filler bull****, actually expanded on what could have been monumental scenes (Bran & Tyrion have a talk), and made it an extended ep 1. Yes they would have sacrificed some of the dumb conversations we had to listen to, or sped them up at least...but then something like Theon arriving would have been more impactful. As it was, he just shows up and they blitz through a "Hey Theon's back!" and then all the sudden he's at the decision-making table volunteering for one of the more important posts in the upcoming battle.

Came off as cheap and hollow imo. But then again I don't need everyone who ever shared the screen together to get one last moment so I get in my feels. Maybe if they hadn't waited so long to get to the final episodes & didn't spend 2.5 seasons literally doing nothing already I'd feel different.

Still can't wait for next week though.
Bunk Moreland
not when the writing is *****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
chase128 said:

no, i think it's ridiculous how they are closing out this series with 13 episodes over 2 years. but, that was the decision they made. so, for me, having episode 1 be basically a reunion and episode 2, a night before the storm hang out feels like wasting precious resources.

i enjoyed episode 2 quite a bit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The so-called "filler" is the very thing that made this show great for so many years.

It's amazing that some people don't see that.

I think a lot of people got so used to the breakneck speed of S7 that now that we finally get an episode that is more in tone with the earlier seasons, people call it boring.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

chase128 said:

That's the issue. they went too large trying to get a moment with everyone and every possible past combo when they should have cut half the filler bull****, actually expanded on what could have been monumental scenes (Bran & Tyrion have a talk), and made it an extended ep 1. Yes they would have sacrificed some of the dumb conversations we had to listen to, or sped them up at least...but then something like Theon arriving would have been more impactful. As it was, he just shows up and they blitz through a "Hey Theon's back!" and then all the sudden he's at the decision-making table volunteering for one of the more important posts in the upcoming battle.

Came off as cheap and hollow imo. But then again I don't need everyone who ever shared the screen together to get one last moment so I get in my feels. Maybe if they hadn't waited so long to get to the final episodes & didn't spend 2.5 seasons literally doing nothing already I'd feel different.

Still can't wait for next week though.
as another reviewer wrote, "it was like they had the entire cast lined up to do their 30 seconds of screen time to give all of the fans another glimpse of their favorite character."
Furlock Bones
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The so-called "filler" is the very thing that made this show great for so many years.

It's amazing that some people don't see that.

I think a lot of people got so used to the breakneck speed of S7 that now that we finally get an episode that is more in tone with the earlier seasons, people call it boring.
wrong. the dialogue that was great was written by Martin. it is just a fact.
chase128
AG
Yeah their decision to wrap up the last two seasons in 13 episodes wasn't a smart decision
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And what part of my post said otherwise?
Furlock Bones
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And what part of my post said otherwise?
because you are conflating the clear filler of these episodes that contain a lot of useless fluff and poorly written dialogue with the strong narrative telling in the first few seasons.

if you can't see D&D is just throwing out fan moment after fan moment now, you clearly must be the target audience.

and i don't need 10 thousand battles happening every episode. but, i do feel there should be quite a bit to the ultimate fight with the NK and the White Walkers considering it has been the set up since season 1 episode 1.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Target audience being fans of the show? You don't say?
Prime0882
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

gigemJTH12 said:

There, I said it.

Meh. If I wanted to watch Days of Our Lives, I'd quit my job and stay home all day. I was hoping for something a bit more quality than what we got on Sunday night.
This seems like the kind of comments we would have seen if the message board was watching The Sopranos as it was airing.

"This episode was a bust, why don't they shoot more people?"
DannyDuberstein
AG
The last two seasons have certainly been a sprint, and yeah, this week's episode sort of fit right in with that as far as cramming all of the reunions and potential good-byes. It's been a fun sprint, but I do get the sense that a lot of potentially enjoyable story has been sacrificed to wrap this thing up. However, I'll take that over dragging it out to the point they ruin it.
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.