****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,455 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So what are everyone's top 4-5 picks for who will be the Prince Who Was Promised?

Mine:
1. Jon Snow (50%)
2. Jaime Lannister (20%)
3. Jorah (15%)
4. Danaerys (14%)
5. Sam (1%)

Figured I'd throw in a dark-horse pick.
I've always thought it was Jon, but if I am right about Heartsbane, then I think it might have to be somebody else.

So, I'll go Jon - 40%
Jamie - 20%
Dany - 30%
Jorah 9.99%
Sam 0.01%
Furlock Bones
AG
it would be dumb as hell for Jorah to be the prince that was promised.
Charlie Conway
redline248 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

StringerBell said:

emtes said:

This may have been touched on already.... But everyone keeps saying how Dany is selfish and only after the throne. We have known that the throne is her primary objective virtually since season 1. So why are we upset now?

And lets not forget that she chose to fight the dead alongside Jon. Rather than take Kings Landing when she is perfectly capable of doing so now.
i think it's about her motivation to take the throne. whether she's doing it now because she wants to be in charge or whether she's still got that fire to break the wheel as she did earlier.

on a side note i went and found the dialogue from the break the wheel scene and its kinda interesting

Tyrion: When you get back to your home, who supports you?
Dany: The common people.
Tyrion: Let's be generous and assume that's going to happen. Here in Slaver's Bay, you have the support of the common people and only the common people. What was that like ruling without the rich? House Targaryen is gone. Not a single person who shares your blood is alive to support you. The Starks are gone as well. Our 2 terrible fathers saw to that. The remaining members of House Lannisters will never back you, not ever. Stannis Baratheon won't back you either. His entire claim to the throne rests on the illegitimacy of yours. That leaves the Tyrells: not impossible, not enough.
Dany: Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell: They're all just spokes on a wheel. This one's on top, then that one's on top, then on and on it spins.
Tyrion: That's a beautiful dream: stopping the wheel. You're not the first person who's ever dreamt it.
Dany: I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

the fact that she mentioned targaryen as another spoke on the wheel might now mean that she realizes that even if jon is the rightful heir, she's gotta run through him in order to really break the wheel.
If Dany sits on the throne by herself she's not breaking the wheel. She becomes no different than the other cogs that make up the wheel. To truly break the wheel something else must happen. I think Danny's whole character arc relies on her realizing her place isn't on the throne, but somehow apart of it. What that is, I don't know.

The wheel could be symbolic of the 7 kingdoms. Breaking it could be her, as queen, breaking the kingdoms apart for each region to be independent.
This is what I think will happen, isn't the end supposed to be bittersweet? You won't see Jon or Dany sit on the iron throne but you could have Sam at the reach since the Tyrells are gone, Tyrion in the West, Sansa? in the North, and so on, and of course Bron at the Twins as King of the Riverlands
Urban Ag
AG
Furlock Bones said:

i think way too much is being made of heartsbane/Jorah.
I tend to agree but bob has a point. In S6 they went to the trouble of having Sam stop by his parents castle then he goes to the trouble of stealing one of the few known Valyrian steel weapons in existence, hauls it with him to the Citadel and then all the way back to Winterfell. It could be nothing more than just getting another Valyrian steel weapon in play to take on the WW's. Or maybe it's Lightbringer. I doubt it, I think they jettisoned that part of the story, but maybe not.

Sure seems like a lot of trouble to get a that particular sword in to play. Then again these are the same writers that gave us the Dorne storyline and Adventures in Artic Marathons.
3rdGen2015
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So what are everyone's top 4-5 picks for who will be the Prince Who Was Promised?

Mine:
1. Jon Snow (50%)
2. Jaime Lannister (20%)
3. Jorah (15%)
4. Danaerys (14%)
5. Sam (1%)

Figured I'd throw in a dark-horse pick.
I think there's two possibilities, both of which involve a misinterpretation of the prophecy.

1. It was mistranslated and Dany will be the Princess Who Was Promised.
2. It was misunderstood and Rhaegar was the Prince Who Was Promised. This would then make Lyanna the Nissa Nissa equivalent and Jon would be Lightbringer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mine:
1a. Jon Snow (40%)
1b. Rhaegar (40%) - Lyanna was Nissa Nissa and Jon/Aegon is Lightbringer
2. Jaime Lannister (20%)

#2 was my long prediction prior to S8 basically. Jon is the weapon that was created by AA (Rhaegar) thus his inability to die (yet). He was Rhaegar's third attempt for a child like AA's three attempts to create Lightbringer.I think it is all much more parable and allegory and not literal as legends and myths tend to be.

here: https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2877532/replies/54049152

bonfarr
AG
I'm going to call my shots on what happens to the main characters by the close of this saga.

Dany reigns as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
Sansa - The Lady of Winterfell will rule as Queen of the North
Gendry - He fights bravely against the NK and is awarded the Baratheon name and is no longer considered a *******. He marries Arya Stark and they rule over Storm's End.
Tyrion remains in KL as Hand if the Queen
Sir Gwyneth of Tarth will command the Kingsguard
Bran the 3 Eyed Raven will rebuild the wall and protect future generations from a return of the NK
The Hound wins the Cleganebowl and kills his bro The Mountain by fire, coming full circle

These characters will die gloriously: Jorah, Theon, Jamie, Davos, Giantsbane

Cersei dies

Grey Worm lives and leaves with Missandei

I am undecided on Jon Snow, I think he gives Dany the throne but can't see him just sitting there doing nothing so maybe he dies too.

Carlo4
AG
Furlock Bones said:

It's symbology. And, no, I'm not an expert in "snaps fingers" nameology.

The family sword of the men she burned might play a role in assisting/saving Danny next week. She might realize how selfish and unfit for rule she is...

but we are probably giving the writers too much credit to cram into an episode... Furlock is most likely right
Furlock Bones
AG

Quote:

Adventures in Artic Marathons
why, why god why would you bring this up?
redline248
AG
bangobango said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

Or it could be that a piece of Valyrian Steel should be in the hands of someone who can actually wield a sword. Sam said he couldn't hold it upright. Doesn't make any sense for one of the special swords to sit on the sidelines and Jorah has a relationship with Sam. He's a natural candidate to give it too.
But why have Heartsbane even in the show at all? That's not a point that has been reached in the books, so it's not like they're just following along with what is already written down.

There are a lot of other Valyrian swords that they could have randomly chosen to include in this story that they've never mention or messed with, so why spend so much time on this one? I think it is because the sword is going to become Lightbringer and they've had to set up it being Jorah (or somebody's hands) when that happens.

Bc Sam is a major character from a somewhat major house, and they needed more than Longclaw and the 2 Lannister swords for this battle?
That is the thing, though, they really don't need any Valyrian swords at this point because of all the dragon glass.

Who knows, you may be right, but I find it odd that they've spent this much time on Heartsbane. The other swords there were plot reasons to include them (plus they were still going off book source material). I've thought from the beginning that Sam stealing that sword stuck out like a soar thumb b/c it really seemed out of character for him. Just everything involving Heartsbane, in my opinion, has reeked of the writers needing to get the object from point A to point B and not really being something that happened or grew organically out of the character motivations and how they would actually act.

Sam stealing it didn't ring true to me and Sam giving it Jorah of all people didn't ring true to me.

Sam has stolen one of Craster's wives, broken his Night's Watch vows, with her, disobeyed commands of his superiors (most notably by saving Jorah), and stolen a ton of books from the citadel. Stealing that sword when he knows it's better used against the walkers than hanging on a wall is completely in character.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Who knows, you may be right, but I find it odd that they've spent this much time on Heartsbane. The other swords there were plot reasons to include them (plus they were still going off book source material). I've thought from the beginning that Sam stealing that sword stuck out like a soar thumb b/c it really seemed out of character for him. Just everything involving Heartsbane, in my opinion, has reeked of the writers needing to get the object from point A to point B and not really being something that happened or grew organically out of the character motivations and how they would actually act.

Sam stealing it didn't ring true to me and Sam giving it Jorah of all people didn't ring true to me.
I figured Sam gave it to Jorah was the most badass fighter left that didn't have a Valyrian steel blade. Jon tried to give Longclaw to Jorah last season but Jorah refused it.

Jon Snow, Longclaw
Jamie Lannister, Widow's Wail
Brienne of Tarth, Oathkeeper
Arya Stark, the dagger

The Hound is probably a better fighter than Jorah but he isn't a knight, so that kind of leaves Jorah to wield Heartsbane.

Edit: this was said on the previous page, but this thread is running like **** through a goose and I can hardly keep track.
Joseph Parrish
AG

What kind of oats does she keep?
Farmer1906
AG
Needle is normal steel.
Belton Ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Needle is normal steel.
Yes sir, edited. Thanks.
Charlie Conway
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

Or it could be that a piece of Valyrian Steel should be in the hands of someone who can actually wield a sword. Sam said he couldn't hold it upright. Doesn't make any sense for one of the special swords to sit on the sidelines and Jorah has a relationship with Sam. He's a natural candidate to give it too.
But why have Heartsbane even in the show at all? That's not a point that has been reached in the books, so it's not like they're just following along with what is already written down.

There are a lot of other Valyrian swords that they could have randomly chosen to include in this story that they've never mention or messed with, so why spend so much time on this one? I think it is because the sword is going to become Lightbringer and they've had to set up it being Jorah (or somebody's hands) when that happens.

Bc Sam is a major character from a somewhat major house, and they needed more than Longclaw and the 2 Lannister swords for this battle?
That is the thing, though, they really don't need any Valyrian swords at this point because of all the dragon glass.

Sam has stolen one of Craster's wives, broken his Night's Watch vows, with her, disobeyed commands of his superiors (most notably by saving Jorah), and stolen a ton of books from the citadel. Stealing that sword when he knows it's better used against the walkers than hanging on a wall is completely in character.
didn't Sam cheat to get Jon elected as Commander of the Night's Watch? or was that just in the books?

Sam's a real piece of **** lol
Thunder18
AG
Needle isn't valyrian steel
bangobango
AG
Looking at the wiki for the prince that was promised, it says
Quote:

"The Prince That Was Promised", sometimes called "The Prince Who Was Promised"[url=https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/The_Prince_That_Was_Promised#cite_note-E53-0][1][/url] or "The One Who Was Promised"[url=https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/The_Prince_That_Was_Promised#cite_note-1][2][/url] (also known as the Lord's Chosen, the Son of Fire and the Warrior of Light[url=https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/The_Prince_That_Was_Promised#cite_note-2][3][/url]) is a prophesied savior in the religion of the Lord of Light. According to the prophecy, this figure would be born "amidst salt and smoke"[url=https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/The_Prince_That_Was_Promised#cite_note-3][4][/url] and pull a sword named Lightbringer from flames, which they would use to combat an impending darkness.[url=https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/The_Prince_That_Was_Promised#cite_note-4][5][/url]
Pulling the sword from flames makes me think it was given to Jorah so he can die with the sword and the Prince that was Promised can pick it up and fight with it on the battlefield, or something similar. Sounds like Jorah may be getting burned by blue dragon fire soon.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
redline248 said:

Azariah said:

HombreDoce said:

I feel like the the white walker army is going to to get decimated. Dragon glass is the equivalent of a Halo energy sword or Goldeneye golden gun. The whites don't have armor and die with one hit. How many arrows have the living giants been shot with? How many arrows do the Dragons take during battles? I feel like the 10,000 Unsullied could wipe out the 100,000 whites without any help. Hell, Sam, one of the worst fighters in the show killed a WW with a dagger. Some characters are definitely going to die, but this battle is going to put an end to the white walker threat. The last three episodes will then have all the backstabbing plot twist we have grown to love with a four way for the thrown.
That's only if they're all outfitted with dragonglass weapons. How many of those weapons have they had time to make?

Enough time to put that crap all over the walls, wooden caltrips, and everything in between
I'm waiting for them to roll their own Scorpion out with dragon glass tipped arrows. Eat obsidian NK.
Belton Ag
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

What kind of oats does she keep?
She's a big ol' gal.
Max Power
AG
Man, lots to digest after that episode.

I will agree with the earlier sentiments of how much this feels like Tolkien. At some point next weekend there's going to be a moment when all is lost, then it isn't. No idea if it's dragons, Ghost, Bran, Melisandre, Jon, reinforcements from the crypt or another army. They are making it clear this appears to be an unwinnable battle on the surface. Plus those that fall are turned.

The main reason I'm there right now is the board where they've gathered and they've got Winterfell's forces laid out against what appears to be an endless horde in all directions. There's no point in illustrating a true military plan of attack or defense in this moment when they aren't fighting against men. That was meant to illustrate a hopeless battle, though with every walker that's killed, weights are supposed to fall.

I don't think I've ever anticipated an episode of tv as much in my life, i want it now.
bangobango
AG
redline248 said:

bangobango said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

If it fit his character in your opinion, that's great. It struck me as very much out of character at the time.
Belton Ag
AG
bangobango said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

If it fit his character in your opinion, that's great. It struck me as very much out of character at the time.
He did spend the entire time at home getting **** on by his father. It was one big ef you! to his old man.
HombreDoce
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Furlock Bones said:

The family sword of the men she burned might play a role in assisting/saving Danny next week. She might realize how selfish and unfit for rule she is...

but we are probably giving the writers too much credit to cram into an episode... Furlock is most likely right

MW03
AG
I think this is over reading. Jorah dishonored his house, was banished, and betrayed Dany. In doing so, he forfeited his birthright in longclaw, and his position as hand to the queen. Last season, he refused Longclaw from Jon because he recognized that he didn't deserve it. Last night, he gave over Dany to Tyrion because Tyrion was the better hand.

Sam giving Heartsbane to Jorah was about Jorah achieving his redemption. I think him accepting it was about forgiving himself. No, he's not wielding his family's sword, but he is wielding Sam's, and for the defense of all the realms.

Furlock Bones
AG
HombreDoce said:

PDEMDHC said:

Furlock Bones said:

glad someone else caught it. well played by pdemdhc.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
bonfarr said:

I'm going to call my shots on what happens to the main characters by the close of this saga.

Dany reigns as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
Sansa - The Lady of Winterfell will rule as Queen of the North
Gendry - He fights bravely against the NK and is awarded the Baratheon name and is no longer considered a *******. He marries Arya Stark and they rule over Storm's End.
Tyrion remains in KL as Hand if the Queen
Sir Gwyneth of Tarth will command the Kingsguard
Bran the 3 Eyed Raven will rebuild the wall and protect future generations from a return of the NK
The Hound wins the Cleganebowl and kills his bro The Mountain by fire, coming full circle

These characters will die gloriously: Jorah, Theon, Jamie, Davos, Giantsbane

Cersei dies

Grey Worm lives and leaves with Missandei

I am undecided on Jon Snow, I think he gives Dany the throne but can't see him just sitting there doing nothing so maybe he dies too.

Sorry, but that all sounds so boring
The Dog Lord
AG
Charlie Conway said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

redline248 said:

bangobango said:

wangus12 said:

didn't Sam cheat to get Jon elected as Commander of the Night's Watch? or was that just in the books?

Edit to add this is books only.

I wouldn't say he cheats. He simply helps everyone avoid a terrible decision by employing Varys/Littlefinger-esque tactics. Two of the main candidates (that are rivals) start to lose ground to Janos Slynt in the vote. Sam tells each of them that Stannis plans to name their rival Lord Commander. He asks them each to get their supporters to support Jon as a way to avoid having Janos or their rival named Lord Commander. Jon is elected.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

You shut your ***** mouth. Sam is the one good person in this whole show.
bonfarr
AG
You want them all to die or what?
agsquirrel97
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Agree completely. I almost feel like their scene got cut as what was the point of them sitting down together in the first place?
I just took it as somebody in Westeros finally realizing that Bran is a rich wealth of information, literally more than the entirety of the library in The Citadel, and Tyrion is the first person who wants to hear about it. He's a [non-]walking, talking encyclopedia.

I enjoyed it.
I actually got to see this cut scene and here is how it played out:

Bran goes on and on about the children and greenseers and Night King

Tyrion looks at him and says, "So what your saying is Jon Snow F***ed his Aunt?"
chipotle
Wait! Who's talking bad about Sam! WHO!?
MW03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

You shut your ***** mouth. Sam is the one good person in this whole show.
boy09
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Urban Ag said:

Well, regardless of what happens to Mel I just want to see her and her amazing cans again. Just one more time please.

Mel's real cans, right?
benchmark
AG
I think the battle for the Iron Throne is still the cinematic climax of the show, so some secondary characters may die in this battle but no major ones. Maybe Theon, Danos, Varys, Grey Worm, Baric....I think the Hound lives to fight his brother. Dany and Jon live to fight against Cersi though only one will survive ultimately. That's why a legitimate and good ruler ends up on the throne, but it is bittersweet because they are alone.
Stive
AG
I'm starting to wonder about Clegane bowl. With limited time left, I'm having a hard time picturing a Mountain/Viper type showdown between now and the end. I guess it could end up being in a battle setting where others are fighting but if that's the case, I doubt the Mountain would be more than a few feet from Cersei (and that's not where she would be).
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.