****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,234 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hound lives for the matchup with Mountain, although if GOT holds true to form, he dies and we get robbed of this
The Dog Lord
AG
Champ Bailey said:

PatAg said:

aggietony2010 said:

PatAg said:

Howland Reed has to show up at some point.

I'd bet that not a single new character with any significant plot purpose is introduced for the rest of the series. All the pawns are on the board.
He has been introduced to viewers

Didn't they say last episode that the Reeds weren't coming because Jon bent the knee?

That was the Glovers.
redline248
AG
I swear y'all don't pay attention. The NK is there for Bran. He isn't going to KL when Bran is right there and nothing has stopped his army yet.

As for Dany, what I think separates her from her dad, and what I think a lot of viewers don't get, is that she rarely acts on impulse. She is hot headed as a MF, but she almost always let's her advisers give their opinions, and typically follows their advise. She did it twice in this episode alone, listening to Jorah about Tyrion and Sansa. She isn't going to kill Sam or Jon.
JABQ04
AG
I still maintain the NK wins it all. To quote Ramsay, "If you thinks this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."
DannyDuberstein
AG
Glovers staying in Deepwood Motte was rhe news last week
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

I hope the battle isn't all at night. My TV sucks at being dark.

I believe it may be - weren't the reports about the filming of the battle that it took 55 nights???
TyHolden
AG
Arya and Jon will die next week. Bet the farm.
redline248
AG
DSAg44 said:

You'll be living in the street the rest of your life
Teddy Perkins
AG
Real smart to keep the dragons holed up by the Weirwood protecting Bran when they're you're best weapon against the army of the dead and you don't even know if dragon fire kills white walkers.
aggierogue
AG
DSAg44 said:

Don't see it.
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

I swear y'all don't pay attention. The NK is there for Bran. He isn't going to KL when Bran is right there and nothing has stopped his army yet.

As for Dany, what I think separates her from her dad, and what I think a lot of viewers don't get, is that she rarely acts on impulse. She is hot headed as a MF, but she almost always let's her advisers give their opinions, and typically follows their advise. She did it twice in this episode alone, listening to Jorah about Tyrion and Sansa. She isn't going to kill Sam or Jon.
She has started to do a lot of things that a just and benevolent ruler wouldn't as well.
PatAg
AG
JABQ04 said:

I still maintain the NK wins it all. To quote Ramsay, "If you thinks this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."
You mean the character that was defeated by a former prisoner of his? A character we are intended to root for to win?
aggietony2010
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.

He might have been about to say that or it doesn't matter right now.... or if I die.....

But she isn't going to accept that either way without proof - she literally said "oh sure your brother and your best friend just happen to be the ones with this story"... or words to that effect.

I know it's a major divide here but the one that could prove it is Howland Reed. And he is not that far away and not in harms way right now. All it takes is Bran or Tyrion telling her to go ask him.... when this is all said and done.

Or it doesn't matter because he is dead or she is dead.

I think the biggest reason this doesn't happen is because Howland Reed isn't credible/important to the viewer. It would cheapen it (from a TV show perspective) if the lynchpin to Jon's legitimacy is a character no one would recognize if he showed up on screen. Maybe it could be pulled off if Meera introduced him, but we've already had two authoritative characters legitimize him. Requiring a 3rd character with no authority to the viewer to cap this off just feels like bad storytelling.
Brock Sampson
AG
So I just had a crazy (stupid) thought...

Bran being by his vision tree is obviously important.

They also dedicated a scene with Jorah getting heartsbane.

What if we have another Hodor moment with Bran? This time the Mad King hears Danny in his mind yelling "burn them all" while Bran is using his vision. In real time Danny has actually gone mad and is burning everything and everyone in sight to make sure she can survive to keep her fight for the throne alive. This leads to Jorah having to use heartsbane to kill her.

I'll hang up and listen.
chase128
AG
There's a whole lotta white walker horse dudes lined up there at the end....that's gonna suuuuuuck

I'd be kinda surprised if the crypts end up having a bunch of undead, they skeletons there just seem too far gone even for the WWs to use but maybe I'm wrong. The crypts could end up being not safe bc they're a dead end and the people there get trapped.

I loved that song at the end. Truly fitting.
JABQ04
AG
PatAg said:

JABQ04 said:

You mean the character that was defeated by a former prisoner of his? A character we are intended to root for to win?

I guess I'm missing your point. I'm saying the NK wins. I threw in the Ramsay quote because I felt it sums up this entire situation. Good guys gonna get steamrolled here.
PatAg
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.

He might have been about to say that or it doesn't matter right now.... or if I die.....

But she isn't going to accept that either way without proof - she literally said "oh sure your brother and your best friend just happen to be the ones with this story"... or words to that effect.

I know it's a major divide here but the one that could prove it is Howland Reed. And he is not that far away and not in harms way right now. All it takes is Bran or Tyrion telling her to go ask him.... when this is all said and done.

I think the biggest reason this doesn't happen is because Howland Reed isn't credible/important to the viewer. It would cheapen it (from a TV show perspective) if the lynchpin to Jon's legitimacy is a character no one would recognize if he showed up on screen. Maybe it could be pulled off if Meera introduced him, but we've already had two authoritative characters legitimize him. Requiring a 3rd character with no authority to the viewer to cap this off just feels like bad storytelling.
The 3 eyed raven literally told Bran "and us" who he was in the flashback. Then we met both of his kids, one of whom died saving Bran.
I'd say there is plenty of reason for him to be important if he shows up.
aggietony2010
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

I hope the battle isn't all at night. My TV sucks at being dark.

I believe it may be - weren't the reports about the filming of the battle that it took 55 nights???

Game of Thrones, brought to you by Samsung OLED technology...the only TV with blacks dark enough for the night king. Buy one at your local Costco today, and receive a free month of HBONow.
spence10
AG
Feels like the first episode without Cersei in it, though I'm sure I'm forgetting a few
plowboy1065
S
Brock Sampson said:

So I just had a crazy (stupid) thought...

Bran being by his vision tree is obviously important.

They also dedicated a scene with Jorah getting heartsbane.

What if we have another Hodor moment with Bran? This time the Mad King hears Danny in his mind yelling "burn them all" while Bran is using his vision. In real time Danny has actually gone mad and is burning everything and everyone in sight to make sure she can survive to keep her fight for the throne alive. This leads to Jorah having to use heartsbane to kill her.

I'll hang up and listen.
PatAg
AG
JABQ04 said:

PatAg said:

JABQ04 said:

I guess I'm missing your point. I'm saying the NK wins. I threw in the Ramsay quote because I felt it sums up this entire situation. Good guys gonna get steamrolled here.
Im not saying you are completely wrong. It wont be happy in the traditional sense. Tons of very important characters will die, horrible things will happen.
wangus12
AG
JABQ04 said:

Doesn't really fall into the bitter sweet ending GRRM said
DannyDuberstein
AG
JABQ04 said:

PatAg said:

JABQ04 said:

Not gonna happen. There can be a fairly unhappy ending without the NK winning.
Txgunrnnr
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brienne, Theon, and Tormund are definite goners.

Arya, The Hound, Lady Mormont, Jorah, and Jaime are highly possible.

Dany and Jon are less likely but also possible.

Sam here. They wouldn't dare, right?

Sam is gone, after confirming the marriage, he has to die so his proof goes away. At least that is my thought.
Sam is the one telling the story. He ain't dying.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
PatAg
AG
He wouldn't need Heartsbane to do that. I feel like that was just a nice moment, and it also enables Jorah to successfully fight white walkers in the battle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The episode name is officially "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms".
Goldie Wilson
JABQ04 said:

PatAg said:

JABQ04 said:

So they spent 10 years developing these characters and stories only to see them steamrolled at the end by an undead army of ice zombies? From a storytelling perspective I don't see it.
agrams
AG
lots of whitewalkers with ice spears, yet no one from the living side has contemplated a way to kill the NK dead dragon? Maybe that is Arya's weapon?

edit to add, I don't think that is what it is for, but maybe? Her handling of it reminded me of Oberyn, not as a throwing spear.
JABQ04
AG
Did no one mention the NKs dragon? I thought Tormund and Beric saw it at Eastwatch. I kinda feel like that was an important thing they left out during their battle plans. Unless I missed it, was distracted during the planning scene a bit.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

It isn't about legitimizing it with us the viewers that's been done. We believe Bran and Sam. It is about legitimizing it with Dany.

And that's the only way to do it since she didn't apparently believe it from Jon's best friend and brother. So if it is important to the story that Dany believe then it happens. But if it isn't important to the story for Dany to believe then it won't (which means Jon or Dany are dead).

And it's not cheap it's quite easy to remind viewers who he is via the previous flashback and/or Jojens words - those could be in a previously on segment before the episode and viewers would have it fresh in their heads.

DannyDuberstein
AG
JABQ04 said:

Did no one mention the NKs dragon? I thought Tormund and Beric saw it at Eastwatch. I kinda feel like that was an important thing they left out during their battle plans. Unless I missed it, was distracted during the planning scene a bit.

I think they are counting on the 2 on 1 matchup.
agsquirrel97
AG
redline248 said:

Are you saying she is Trump? Out of control on twitter but their advisors won't let them use wildfire on the capital.

Could you imagine Dany's Twitter feed?

"@SlaversBayTimes The masters are the worst. I have freed more people in my first week as Khalesi than all previous rulers combined. My dragons are The Best! They really are glorious"

"@Nakloz Thanks for the Unsullied Army and Bar B Que. Sorry my children made a mess."

"@Dothraki yeri garow alikh zheana ki te asshekh COFEVE"
aggietony2010
AG
JABQ04 said:

Did no one mention the NKs dragon? I thought Tormund and Beric saw it at Eastwatch. I kinda feel like that was an importation thing they left out during their battle plans. Unless I missed it, was distracted during the planning scene a bit.

Not explicitly, but I imagine that's why Jon and Dany were not going to stray too far from Bran. They're the dragon riders. The night King isn't scary from a tactical standpoint, unless he's on Ice-Viserion

Bran also mentions it in episode 1. Everyone's having a great old time and Bran drops his first of many patented Bran one-liners.
OnlyForNow
AG
Fitting use for "heartsbane" would also mean he is AA.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think the nod Jon and Dany gave each other at the end was the signal to go hop on the dragons.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.