****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,270 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
SoTXAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not mentioned specifically, but Jon did say they needed to keep the dragons close to Bran to protect him. By using Bran is bait, I'm guessing they don't expect the NK to do much but head towards Bran.
JABQ04
AG
That's what I took it as too
chipotle
DannyDuberstein said:

I think the nod Jon and Dany gave each other at the end was the signal to go hop on the dragons.

Nah, that was a quickie nod. There's still time.
Stive
AG
Not sure why (May have been cheesy to others) but I loved the Theon/Sansa scene and I loved Theon saying that he and the Iron Born were going to be protecting Bran.

He's dying for Bran next week....but that announcement got me right in the feels.
DannyDuberstein
AG
chipotle said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I think the nod Jon and Dany gave each other at the end was the signal to go hop on the dragons.

Nah, that was a quickie nod. There's still time.

Maybe. One reaction we didnt get from the Aegon news was "ooooooh. Gross. I ****ed my nephew???"
The Dog Lord
AG
I just don't see Howland Reed mattering to Dany. She could lump it into the bucket with Bran and Sam by saying "oh, so the only living person that claims to have witnessed this also happened to be sworn to House Stark." Plus, no one has ever really paid the cranogmen much attention.

If Bran survives, he could be the one to convince Dany by telling her things about her life that he shouldn't know.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Swarely
chase128 said:

There's a whole lotta white walker horse dudes lined up there at the end....that's gonna suuuuuuck

I'd be kinda surprised if the crypts end up having a bunch of undead, they skeletons there just seem too far gone even for the WWs to use but maybe I'm wrong. The crypts could end up being not safe bc they're a dead end and the people there get trapped.

I loved that song at the end. Truly fitting.

Like these skeletons?

PatAg
AG
Stive said:

Not sure why (May have been cheesy to others) but I loved the Theon/Sansa scene and I loved Theon saying that he and the Iron Born were going to be protecting Bran.

He's dying for Bran next week....but that announcement got me right in the feels.
No, I think Theon is easily one of the better characters as far as how his story has been written. The scene where his sister finally accepts that he has to go to the Starks in episode one was great. Everything between him and Sansa was great this episode too.
PatAg
AG
Swarely said:

chase128 said:

There's a whole lotta white walker horse dudes lined up there at the end....that's gonna suuuuuuck

I'd be kinda surprised if the crypts end up having a bunch of undead, they skeletons there just seem too far gone even for the WWs to use but maybe I'm wrong. The crypts could end up being not safe bc they're a dead end and the people there get trapped.

I loved that song at the end. Truly fitting.

Like these skeletons?

a lot of them would potentially not even be skeletons anymore in the crypts
MW03
AG
50/50 on Jon survivng this. Could see him dying defending Bran only to have Arya 86 the Night King. Could see him dying to save Dany after Drogan gets 86'd and that being the impetus for the North having independence. I don't see him wanting the iron throne or playing a significant role in the Kings Landing fight.

One thing I am sure of is that both Jamie and Tyrion survive the battle. And that Jorah, Grey Worm, and Tormund are dead. Theon, too.

Fantastic episode. They flew so many death flags you can make the meta case anyone of them are dead. It's going to be excellent rewatching this episode and the Battle of Winterfell as a 2.5 hour movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
86?
PatAg
AG
I just think Dany will prove that she truly isn't like her father, and will come to her senses regarding her behavior. Jon will probably defer to her as the ruler as well.
wangus12
AG
I feel like they've already OP'ed Arya enough so I'll be aggravated if they have her kill the NK
MW03
AG
Killed
Carlo4
AG
chipotle said:

Podrick, dead.
Brienne, dead.
Lady Mormont, dead.
Grey Worm, dead.
Gender, dead.
Theon, dead.
That far chick at the Dairy Queen...dead.

Don't forget Dean Wormer, Marmalard, and Niedermeyer
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

86?
Server talk, cancel an order, remove it, so on...kill the NK
JABQ04
AG
Went back a few pages and disagree with those saying it wasn't a good episode. I get the "no action happening" but man that was a great set up for next week. Really got you reinvested in all the main characters up North so that whatever happens next week is even more of a shot to the gut.
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

I feel like they've already OP'ed Arya enough so I'll be aggravated if they have her kill the NK
She's gonna get Rufio'd.
chase128
AG

This was really cool.

BTW, for any nerds out there this artist did the Stand by Me remake in Final Fantasy 15.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My guess is Drogon goes down fighting Ice-Viserion, Dany is sad... when she calls for Rhaegal to come to her he says, "nah, I'm Jon's dragon now." So she has no dragon, and Jon is the only one left with one. This legitimizes Jon to her, but she can't forgive him for having the only dragon left...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When Tyrion asked who could sing, I half expected Ed Sheeran to walk through the door.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I have zero doubt Brienne and Theon die in the next week or 2.
aggietony2010
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.

He might have been about to say that or it doesn't matter right now.... or if I die.....

But she isn't going to accept that either way without proof - she literally said "oh sure your brother and your best friend just happen to be the ones with this story"... or words to that effect.

I know it's a major divide here but the one that could prove it is Howland Reed. And he is not that far away and not in harms way right now. All it takes is Bran or Tyrion telling her to go ask him.... when this is all said and done.

Or it doesn't matter because he is dead or she is dead.

I think the biggest reason this doesn't happen is because Howland Reed isn't credible/important to the viewer. It would cheapen it (from a TV show perspective) if the lynchpin to Jon's legitimacy is a character no one would recognize if he showed up on screen. Maybe it could be pulled off if Meera introduced him, but we've already had two authoritative characters legitimize him. Requiring a 3rd character with no authority to the viewer to cap this off just feels like bad storytelling.

It isn't about legitimizing it with us the viewers that's been done. We believe Bran and Sam. It is about legitimizing it with Dany.

And that's the only way to do it since she didn't apparently believe it from Jon's best friend and brother. So if it is important to the story that Dany believe then it happens. But if it isn't important to the story for Dany to believe then it won't (which means Jon or Dany are dead).

And it's not cheap it's quite easy to remind viewers who he is via the previous flashback and/or Jojens words - those could be in a previously on segment before the episode and viewers would have it fresh in their heads.

Why would the word of Howland Reed matter to Dany? Would she even know who he is? His authority comes from impartiality if anything...and how she introduced to him?

Meera: this is my father, Howland Reed
Dany: and who the **** are you?
Meera: Bran can speak for me
Dany: you mean that creepy kid in the wheelchair who told my lover I was his aunt? I also feel like he's seen me naked for some reason.

From Danny's perspective, Reed's authority would be derived from people she already doesn't trust. This only changes if Jorah somehow knows him, but that makes things even more convoluted.

Jon's dragon-riding may also help convince her.

I'm about ready to end my discussion on this point. It will be resolved soon enough anyway. I'm also of the opinion that Dany's belief is ultimately unimportant, and will be rendered moot by her or Jon's death. How fitting would another scene of Jon cradling his dead love be? Kissed by fire twice, both times extinguished.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
JABQ04
AG
All the talk of Howland Reed, I wish they would do a prequel season of Roberts Rebellion.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So if NK can track Bran, why aren't we strapping Bran to Drogon's back and flying him to Dragonstone? When NK follows we have 2 dragons vs. his one, plus a fleet of ships, plus everyone and their Valyrian steel waiting for him?
G Martin 87
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

So who do we think dies in episodes 3-4?

My guess is Grey Worm, Beric Dondarian (sp?), Gendry, Sam, Lyanna Mormont, Edd, Ghost, Bran, Podrick, Jorah the Explorer. I feel that Bran and Sam have served their purpose. Although I guess I could see Sam sticking around to write the history book.

Out of this list, I'd say Sam and Bran are safest. I guess Bran could die AND they could kill the NK, but Bran made the three-eyed raven seem pretty important in terms of a lasting struggle with the NK.
Like "The Lazarus Effect" + "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" #StarTrekForTheThrone
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
gigemJTH12
AG
Swarely said:

PatAg said:

So this whole time we thought there only like, 4-5 of those White Walker leader guys...pretty sure that whole front line of horses was full of them

I literally said out loud "how many ****ing white walkers are there?"

Said the same thing. I feel like that's actually an advantage for winterfell tho. If a few of those dragon glass arrows land, a lot of the dead are going to crumble.
Shelton98
AG
If killing the Night King is what saves humanity.... my money is on the guy they call "King Slayer".
Brock Sampson
AG
Shelton98 said:

If killing the Night King is what saves humanity.... my money is on the guy they call "King Slayer".

Good call
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.