****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,562 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.

He might have been about to say that or it doesn't matter right now.... or if I die.....

But she isn't going to accept that either way without proof - she literally said "oh sure your brother and your best friend just happen to be the ones with this story"... or words to that effect.

I know it's a major divide here but the one that could prove it is Howland Reed. And he is not that far away and not in harms way right now. All it takes is Bran or Tyrion telling her to go ask him.... when this is all said and done.

Or it doesn't matter because he is dead or she is dead.

I think the biggest reason this doesn't happen is because Howland Reed isn't credible/important to the viewer. It would cheapen it (from a TV show perspective) if the lynchpin to Jon's legitimacy is a character no one would recognize if he showed up on screen. Maybe it could be pulled off if Meera introduced him, but we've already had two authoritative characters legitimize him. Requiring a 3rd character with no authority to the viewer to cap this off just feels like bad storytelling.

It isn't about legitimizing it with us the viewers that's been done. We believe Bran and Sam. It is about legitimizing it with Dany.

And that's the only way to do it since she didn't apparently believe it from Jon's best friend and brother. So if it is important to the story that Dany believe then it happens. But if it isn't important to the story for Dany to believe then it won't (which means Jon or Dany are dead).

And it's not cheap it's quite easy to remind viewers who he is via the previous flashback and/or Jojens words - those could be in a previously on segment before the episode and viewers would have it fresh in their heads.

Why would the word of Howland Reed matter to Dany? Would she even know who he is? His authority comes from impartiality if anything...and how she introduced to him?

Meera: this is my father, Howland Reed
Dany: and who the **** are you?
Meera: Bran can speak for me
Dany: you mean that creepy kid in the wheelchair who told my lover I was his aunt? I also feel like he's seen me naked for some reason.

From Danny's perspective, Reed's authority would be derived from people she already doesn't trust. This only changes if Jorah somehow knows him, but that makes things even more convoluted.

Jon's dragon-riding may also help convince her.

I'm about ready to end my discussion on this point. It will be resolved soon enough anyway. I'm also of the opinion that Dany's belief is ultimately unimportant, and will be rendered moot by her or Jon's death. How fitting would another scene of Jon cradling his dead love be? Kissed by fire twice, both times extinguished.
Dany isnt a red head
PatAg
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Swarely said:

PatAg said:

So this whole time we thought there only like, 4-5 of those White Walker leader guys...pretty sure that whole front line of horses was full of them

I literally said out loud "how many ****ing white walkers are there?"

Said the same thing. I feel like that's actually an advantage for winterfell tho. If a few of those dragon glass arrows land, a lot of the dead are going to crumble.
On that note, there was a lot of nice attention to detail with how you would defend a castle in a battle like this. I like that they affixed dragon glass to all the battlements.
The Dog Lord
AG
Shelton98 said:

If killing the Night King is what saves humanity.... my money is on the guy they call "King Slayer".

That would be awesome for his nickname to take on another meaning. Plus, it'd make a great addition to his pages in the white book of the Kingsguard.
CFTXAG10
AG
**** gonna get real when Jon says dracarys for the first time
Broba Fett
Shife said:

That episode. Yeesh.

It was likely one of the top 3 worst episodes of the series.

Way too much soap opera and not enough story telling.

At least we know Pod's singing is how he gets chicks.

CGI Arya sideboob?! No doubt that scene was responsible for lots of awkward boners.

Thankfully we had a Lady Mormont scowl.

Redeeming scene was between Sam and Jorah. Jorah is one of the only characters I want to live at this point. That means he will probably die.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Not if the identity of Howland Reed having been there comes from a trusted source - Tyrion.

Tyrion would know that. It is common knowledge who was there to anyone that studies the history of Westeros..

Not saying Howland just walks up and say hi I got a story for you ..... maybe...... Dany talks to Tyrion about what Jon/Aegon said and Tyrion says what he knows of the story (the original lie) but that if what Jon says is true then if anyone could confirm it then it would be Howland Reed..... who lives somewhere they will be passing very near along the Kings Road while heading south after this battle (possibly..... if they live).

But I also agree.... it's more likely it does not come into play because jon or Dany die.

Again my belief is simply that it will happen if it is important for Dany to know for sure. I don't know if that is the case.

PatAg
AG
I do wonder why he isn't already at Winterfell. You figured if he would ever show up in the story, this would be the point.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

I do wonder why he isn't already at Winterfell. You figured if he would ever show up in the story, this would be the point.

that seems a little too coincidental and easy, no????

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

It was likely one of the top 3 worst episodes of the series.

Way too much soap opera and not enough story telling.

You do realize most of the story has been told?

To quote Gandalf, this was the deep breath before the plunge.
MW03
AG
Shelton98 said:

If killing the Night King is what saves humanity.... my money is on the guy they call "King Slayer".

I think he's going to become known as the Queenslayer when he puts Cersei down to save Tyrion here in about 3 episodes.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

that seems a little too coincidental and easy, no????

I guess their family was always kind of known for the reticence, but he has to have gotten crows about the wall falling and stuff. Thats a big bigger than a standard war against another house.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Charlie Conway
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

When Tyrion asked who could sing, I half expected Ed Sheeran to walk through the door.
too soon.

he is dead. maybe next week.
he's not dead, they said last week he survived but his eye lids were burnt off, i swear some of yall don't even watch this show.
gigemJTH12
AG
The crypt is so fucccced next week. Which is absolutely brutal considering Sam Jr is down there.

Also, it seemed like a huge hole that the zombie dragon didn't come up at the battle strategy meeting. But that may just be so the show can keep from us how they end up taking it down. I'm sure there's a plan.

That episode was AWESOME. If you disagree I just don't get what you wanted. That was 8 years worth of wrapping up a lot of characters you've come to love. And they did it perfectly.
Schall 02
AG
The beauty of the episode was the humanity of it all. All the feels of imagining one's last night among the living. It was profound.
Greeze06
AG
Was this the first episode it was all in one location?
Southlake
So... I guess Arya has a little Baratheon in her after all...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Blackwater

Battle at Castle Black
gigemJTH12
AG
Greeze06 said:

Was this the first episode it was all in one location?

Don't think so...but thank god. I wanted ZERO Kings landing this week bc frankly it doesn't matter at all right now.
aggietony2010
AG
PatAg said:

aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.

He might have been about to say that or it doesn't matter right now.... or if I die.....

But she isn't going to accept that either way without proof - she literally said "oh sure your brother and your best friend just happen to be the ones with this story"... or words to that effect.

I know it's a major divide here but the one that could prove it is Howland Reed. And he is not that far away and not in harms way right now. All it takes is Bran or Tyrion telling her to go ask him.... when this is all said and done.

Or it doesn't matter because he is dead or she is dead.

I think the biggest reason this doesn't happen is because Howland Reed isn't credible/important to the viewer. It would cheapen it (from a TV show perspective) if the lynchpin to Jon's legitimacy is a character no one would recognize if he showed up on screen. Maybe it could be pulled off if Meera introduced him, but we've already had two authoritative characters legitimize him. Requiring a 3rd character with no authority to the viewer to cap this off just feels like bad storytelling.

It isn't about legitimizing it with us the viewers that's been done. We believe Bran and Sam. It is about legitimizing it with Dany.

And that's the only way to do it since she didn't apparently believe it from Jon's best friend and brother. So if it is important to the story that Dany believe then it happens. But if it isn't important to the story for Dany to believe then it won't (which means Jon or Dany are dead).

And it's not cheap it's quite easy to remind viewers who he is via the previous flashback and/or Jojens words - those could be in a previously on segment before the episode and viewers would have it fresh in their heads.

Why would the word of Howland Reed matter to Dany? Would she even know who he is? His authority comes from impartiality if anything...and how she introduced to him?

Meera: this is my father, Howland Reed
Dany: and who the **** are you?
Meera: Bran can speak for me
Dany: you mean that creepy kid in the wheelchair who told my lover I was his aunt? I also feel like he's seen me naked for some reason.

From Danny's perspective, Reed's authority would be derived from people she already doesn't trust. This only changes if Jorah somehow knows him, but that makes things even more convoluted.

Jon's dragon-riding may also help convince her.

I'm about ready to end my discussion on this point. It will be resolved soon enough anyway. I'm also of the opinion that Dany's belief is ultimately unimportant, and will be rendered moot by her or Jon's death. How fitting would another scene of Jon cradling his dead love be? Kissed by fire twice, both times extinguished.
Dany isnt a red head

Nope. Not a redhead. Just fire incarnate.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Arya and gendry scene was so confusing

On one had she has a nice little body and is good looking, but on the other hand I remember her in season one and have essentially watched her grow up and I was almost cringing when she was undressing..
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Charlie Conway said:

C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

When Tyrion asked who could sing, I half expected Ed Sheeran to walk through the door.
too soon.

he is dead. maybe next week.
he's not dead, they said last week he survived but his eye lids were burnt off, i swear some of yall don't even watch this show.
I can't really blame the guy for missing a line with all those tits on the screen when that line came out...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

you know what else we don't know about from the strategy meeting ... or any mention at all....

where does Arya intend to be..... I guess the crypts might be logical from the season preview..... and what does she expect then and why does she need that specific weapon?

Broba Fett
gigemJTH12 said:

The crypt is so fucccced next week. Which is absolutely brutal considering Sam Jr is down there.

Also, it seemed like a huge hole that the zombie dragon didn't come up at the battle strategy meeting. But that may just be so the show can keep from us how they end up taking it down. I'm sure there's a plan.

That episode was AWESOME. If you disagree I just don't get what you wanted. That was 8 years worth of wrapping up a lot of characters you've come to love. And they did it perfectly.

Who all knows there is even a ******* ice dragon coming? It hasn't been mentioned by anyone since it tore the wall down.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bregxit
AG
Broba Fett said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Who all knows there is even a ******* ice dragon coming? It hasn't been mentioned by anyone since it tore the wall down.

Did you watch episode 1?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
oragator
Wasn't a big fan of that episode, as it played out though I started to get it.
It was basically a goodbye to the actors as a troop, much like the last episode of Cheers or Lost. I kept feeling a cheers vibe as I watched.
That tells me complete carnage is coming, and as soon as next week. And if I am wrong, then this was self Indulgent and wasteful.
aggietony2010
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Arya and gendry scene was so confusing

On one had she has a nice little body and is good looking, but on the other hand I remember her in season one and have essentially watched her grow up and I was almost cringing when she was undressing..

I think what really made this scene awkward was how Arya has developed. When a girl grows into a woman over the course of a few years, it isn't awkward to be like, oh damn, that girl's grown up, and she's looking good.

Arya didn't go from girl to woman like Sansa. She went from girl to cold blooded killer. Her character didn't progress at all sexually in the show. She never showed any interest in men , because she was pre-pubescent when the story started, and then because she just wanted to kill people.

It's jarring to think this girl that for all we know hasn't even kissed a man, is just all of a sudden like "Gendry gimme dat D." It's a jarring character progression.
Broba Fett
dlance said:

Broba Fett said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Did you watch episode 1?

I did and don't recall the mention of the dragon.
CFTXAG10
AG
Broba Fett said:

dlance said:

Broba Fett said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Did you watch episode 1?

Bran said it in episode 1, when everyone was arguing he said "we don't have time for this, the night king and his army have your dragon" or something along those lines
aggietony2010
AG
During the scenes in the courtyard, Bran interrupts a conversation and states it rather bluntly. "We don't have time for this. The night king has raised Viserion and the wall has fallen. He's marching South of the wall as we speak"
Broba Fett
CFTXAG10 said:

Broba Fett said:

dlance said:

Broba Fett said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Did you watch episode 1?

Bran said it in episode 1, when everyone was arguing he said "we don't have time for this, the night king and his army have your dragon" or something along those lines

Will have to go back and check. I know Brans character is very important to the story, but GD if he isn't the absolute worst character to care about.
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.