****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,530 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I feel like Jon's reaction to being a Targaryen is very out of character. The whole time he has only cared about loyalty and saving the World from The Army of the Dead. He pledged himself to Daenerys. Telling her about his heritage is just going to cause additional headaches during the battle. To stay consistent, Jon should just say, "F the crown. You can have it if we kill the Night King."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

you know what else we don't know about from the strategy meeting ... or any mention at all....

where does Arya intend to be..... I guess the crypts might be logical from the season preview..... and what does she expect then and why does she need that specific weapon?

My guess is **** will hit the fan in the crypts and only Arya will be there to protect it.

And when it does:
aggietony2010
AG
Broba Fett said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Broba Fett said:

dlance said:

Broba Fett said:

gigemJTH12 said:

The crypt is so fucccced next week. Which is absolutely brutal considering Sam Jr is down there.

Also, it seemed like a huge hole that the zombie dragon didn't come up at the battle strategy meeting. But that may just be so the show can keep from us how they end up taking it down. I'm sure there's a plan.

That episode was AWESOME. If you disagree I just don't get what you wanted. That was 8 years worth of wrapping up a lot of characters you've come to love. And they did it perfectly.

Who all knows there is even a ******* ice dragon coming? It hasn't been mentioned by anyone since it tore the wall down.

Did you watch episode 1?

I did and don't recall the mention of the dragon.

Bran said it in episode 1, when everyone was arguing he said "we don't have time for this, the night king and his army have your dragon" or something along those lines

Will have to go back and check. I know Brans character is very important to the story, but GD if he isn't the absolute worst character to care about.

Per word spoken, he's one of the best characters this season. Driving plot forward with single, short sentences, and creeping people out with his stare. (Which according to an interview on Fallon is partly because he isn't wearing glasses or contacts in the scenes, and can't see ****)
Schall 02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

you know what else we don't know about from the strategy meeting ... or any mention at all....

where does Arya intend to be..... I guess the crypts might be logical from the season preview..... and what does she expect then and why does she need that specific weapon?

My guess is **** will hit the fan in the crypts and only Arya will be there to protect it.

And when it does:

That would explain Arya's archery and blade throwing practice...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BenFiasco14
AG
Holy cow, there is ZERO CHANCE Howland Reed shows up
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not to mention her expertise in fighting in the dark.
AustinAg2K
aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aggietony2010 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.

He might have been about to say that or it doesn't matter right now.... or if I die.....

But she isn't going to accept that either way without proof - she literally said "oh sure your brother and your best friend just happen to be the ones with this story"... or words to that effect.

I know it's a major divide here but the one that could prove it is Howland Reed. And he is not that far away and not in harms way right now. All it takes is Bran or Tyrion telling her to go ask him.... when this is all said and done.

Or it doesn't matter because he is dead or she is dead.

I think the biggest reason this doesn't happen is because Howland Reed isn't credible/important to the viewer. It would cheapen it (from a TV show perspective) if the lynchpin to Jon's legitimacy is a character no one would recognize if he showed up on screen. Maybe it could be pulled off if Meera introduced him, but we've already had two authoritative characters legitimize him. Requiring a 3rd character with no authority to the viewer to cap this off just feels like bad storytelling.

It isn't about legitimizing it with us the viewers that's been done. We believe Bran and Sam. It is about legitimizing it with Dany.

And that's the only way to do it since she didn't apparently believe it from Jon's best friend and brother. So if it is important to the story that Dany believe then it happens. But if it isn't important to the story for Dany to believe then it won't (which means Jon or Dany are dead).

And it's not cheap it's quite easy to remind viewers who he is via the previous flashback and/or Jojens words - those could be in a previously on segment before the episode and viewers would have it fresh in their heads.

Why would the word of Howland Reed matter to Dany? Would she even know who he is? His authority comes from impartiality if anything...and how she introduced to him?

Meera: this is my father, Howland Reed
Dany: and who the **** are you?
Meera: Bran can speak for me
Dany: you mean that creepy kid in the wheelchair who told my lover I was his aunt? I also feel like he's seen me naked for some reason.

From Danny's perspective, Reed's authority would be derived from people she already doesn't trust. This only changes if Jorah somehow knows him, but that makes things even more convoluted.

Jon's dragon-riding may also help convince her.

I'm about ready to end my discussion on this point. It will be resolved soon enough anyway. I'm also of the opinion that Dany's belief is ultimately unimportant, and will be rendered moot by her or Jon's death. How fitting would another scene of Jon cradling his dead love be? Kissed by fire twice, both times extinguished.
If it comes down to it, I think she will trust her dragon's over anyone else. Her dragon let him ride. She knows it's true. After tonight's show, I now expect them both to live. They'll have some sort of conflict in episode 4, and in the end Jon will give up his claim and kneel to Dany.

Edit: He'll probably give up his claim to the throne in exchange for the North's freedom.
PatAg
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Holy cow, there is ZERO CHANCE Howland Reed shows up
Why show him in the flashback, edited to say I dont think he is going to show up for sure, just think it's a bit silly to think there is no reason for him too either.
AustinAg2K
I haven't read much of this thread, but am I the only one who thinks going into the crypts for safety is a terrible idea? I mean, you're basically locking everyone down there with the Night Kings army.
CFTXAG10
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not to mention her expertise in fighting in the dark.
Excellent point. That training is going to come in handy.
tk for tu juan
AustinAg2K said:

I haven't read much of this thread, but am I the only one who thinks going into the crypts for safety is a terrible idea? I mean, you're basically locking everyone down there with the Night Kings army.
gigemJTH12
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I feel like Jon's reaction to being a Targaryen is very out of character. The whole time he has only cared about loyalty and saving the World from The Army of the Dead. He pledged himself to Daenerys. Telling her about his heritage is just going to cause additional headaches during the battle. To stay consistent, Jon should just say, "F the crown. You can have it if we kill the Night King."

Maybe. But Jon also probably feels morally obligated to serve as King if that's what he is supposed to be doing.
Southlake
...and I've stolen many volumes of books from the castle library!
Render
AG
I stand by my statement that the White Walkers are lame. "They want to wipe out the world of men." How original... Sauron had that exact same goal but he actually seemed like he had a fun time doing it. He trolled people for fun! Having villains with texture adds pizzazz. The White Walkers have no texture.

Madmarttigan
AG
That was an hour long tease and I kind of feel like that's 2 episodes of mostly nothing going on and we have so little left.

Feel like there is so little screen time left and they are squandering it with so much to cover.
Urban Ag
AG
I loved this episode. Brienne, Pod, Davos, Jamie, Tyrion, and Tormund around a fireplace is hard to F up.

Lots of "really hit the feels" moments.

Sansa/Theon is nothing more than plutonic. Heartfelt and well done though. Theon came to Winterfell to die.

Predicted the Arya/Gendry hook up years ago. I couldn't watch it. She's still the little girl from years ago. Can't handle it.

Sophie Turner has gone from awkward teen to incredibly beautiful. Just wow. This is common with gingers.

Still think Jamie/Brienne hookup is coming if they both survive the BoW.

Jon/Dany dynamic is just so weird and awkward at this point which is another reason I don't believe both survive the next episode or if they do one is severely wounded.

Cold shower time. There will be no Howland Reed. And after two of the final six episodes with no talk pf prophecy I don't think there will be an AA or lightbringer at this point. Unless.....Melisandre' shows up early Ep3. I think it is very telling we have not see her yet. Sam giving Jorah Heartsbane means something. Jon has Longclaw. Brienne has Oathkeeper. Jamie has Widow's Wail. Arya has the dagger. Sh** gonna get interesting. Still don't think much "muh prophecy" will play in though but Lady Mel is showing up next episode, because what good does she do after that.

My dead pool for next week: Grey Worm, Theon, Beric, Jorah, Pod, Edd, one at least one dragon, zombie dragon, NK, and 1-2 others out of left field.

This week will be the highest anticipation I have ever had in my life for an episode of a tv series.

Also, my wife and I have sons. If I had a daughter I would coin flip between naming her Arya or Brienne, I know what the next dog will be named.
Sports-Ag
AG
Urban Ag said:

Also, my wife and I have sons. If I had a daughter I would coin flip between naming her Arya or Brienne, I know what the next dog will be named.

My friends are having a baby girl this summer. The only name they both could agree on was Arya. Baby Arya will be here in June.
YellowPot_97
AG
Melisandre told Stannis "I have seen myself walk along the battlements of Winterfell. ". I think she shows up at some point soon.
Broba Fett
Sophie can simultaneously be an 8/9 or a 4/5. I has the confused.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotta be a shop.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be fair, we saw her up there after BoB when the banners fell.
TCTTS
AG
tv1113 said:

That was an hour long tease and I kind of feel like that's 2 episodes of mostly nothing going on and we have so little left.

Feel like there is so little screen time left and they are squandering it with so much to cover.

I don't understand this sentiment. It seems PERFECTLY paced to me so far...

Episode 1 = Setting the Table / Reunions
Episode 2 = Solidifying Bonds & Emotional Stakes

Episode 3 = Battle of Winterfell Part 1
Episode 4 = Battle of Winterfell Part 2

Episode 5 = King's Landing Part 1
Episode 6 = King's Landing Part 2 / Winner takes the throne

What more story do you need?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Melisandre told Stannis "I have seen myself walk along the battlements of Winterfell. ". I think she shows up at some point soon.

She did that already. Before she was banished by Jon.
TCTTS
AG
Also, tonight's episode was EASILY one of the best of the series. They perfectly played our heartstrings in order to be able to fully and effectively rip our hearts out over the next two episodes. I, like others here have stated, teared up two or three times, and I can't remember the last time I did that during an episode of television. Just brilliant, heartwarming (and heartbreaking, knowing what's coming) stuff. I've never felt so anxious yet so sentimental watching TV as I did tonight. That was eight years of relationships paid off so incredibly, satisfyingly well.

If you didn't like tonight's episode, you can't possibly be a fan of what it is that makes this series so damn good.
Madmarttigan
AG
TBH if the final battle is against Cersei that seems lame to me.

The white walkers should be the end game its been building this entire time but yet Cersei will be the final conflict?
canadiaggie
AG
TCTTS said:

tv1113 said:

Ding ding ding. This episode reminded us all who we give a damn about and who we'll be sad to see go in the next four episodes.

Next Sunday will be a bloodbath.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Urban Ag
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Urban Ag said:

My friends are having a baby girl this summer. The only name they both could agree on was Arya. Baby Arya will be here in June.
I
Love
It

Welcome baby Arya! Hell Yeah.
canadiaggie
AG
People I will be shattered to see die (if they die):

Davos
Jaime
Sam
Brienne
Theon
The Hound (because CLEGANEBOWL MUST HAPPEN)
Joseph Parrish
AG
TCTTS said:

tv1113 said:

• Episode 1: David Nutter
  • Episode 2: David Nutter
  • Episode 3: Miguel Sapochnik
  • Episode 4: David Nutter
  • Episode 5: Miguel Sapochnik
  • Episode 6: David Benioff and Dan Weiss

Sapochnik is the one that directs the epic battles scenes. I don't think the battle next week bleeds into Episode 4.
PatAg
AG
tv1113 said:

The white walkers should be the end game its been building this entire time but yet Cersei will be the final conflict?
Nothing to say there will be a full scale battle with her either.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Also, tonight's episode was EASILY one of the best of the series. They perfectly played our heartstrings in order to be able to fully and effectively rip our hearts out over the next two episodes. I, like others here have stated, teared up two or three times, and I can't remember the last time I did that during an episode of television. Just brilliant, heartwarming (and heartbreaking, knowing what's coming) stuff. I've never felt so anxious yet so sentimental watching TV like that before. That was eight years of relationships paid off so incredibly, satisfyingly well.

If you didn't like tonight's episode, you can't possibly be a fan of what it is that makes this series so damn
this

I teared at least three times. I love these books, I love this series. I am so invested in this I can put words to this. Nothing in pop culture resonates with me at this level except Star Wars.
AustinAg2K
tv1113 said:

I kind of agree. Also, I don't like the idea that Cersei really plays no part in the battle against the Dead. I really do like the idea that there Night King heads down to King's Landing and the final scene of the next episode is the, "Oh, s!" look on Cersei's face when she sees the Night King flying up. Of course, after Bran's statement about the NK wanting him, it seems unlikely (and honestly, the NK probably doesn't care about King's Landing).
Sports-Ag
AG
Urban Ag said:

Sports-Ag said:

Urban Ag said:

I
Love
It

Welcome baby Arya! Hell Yeah.

My friend has been watching GoT for years. She finally got her husband to watch the first 7 seasons this past January so he can watch the last season with her. Needless to say he loves the show and they found a name for their baby.
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.