****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,374 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Kill Switch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is only one way Deny will accept Jon is a Targarion. He has to prove he is Dragon born. She has to see him burn and come out alive on the other side.

Only then will she accept his birthright.

that is my theory.
TCTTS
AG
Agoodlittleag04 said:

I've never found Dany more unlikeable than I did in this episode. First of all, she really showed her true colors to Sansa when she asked what would happen to the North if they survive the NK and Dany takes the throne? She couldn't even muster an "I need to think about it."?!? Her disgust at the thought of not ruling ALL SEVEN kingdoms was written all over her face.

And her reaction to Jon was telling as well. Lady, the army of the dead is literally at the gates and you're still *****ing about your claim to the throne! Wtf? Her priorities are ridiculous.

This is EXACTLY what they want you to feel in this episode. Another reason it was so brilliant. Dany has been LASER FOCUSED this ENTIRE series on the throne. And it hit me tonight what her arc has been building to this whole time... she will, at the very end, give up that pursuit. Dany will give up the throne. My guess is she sacrifices herself, at the very last minute, in some noble way to allow either Jon or someone else to take the throne. I'm so certain of it that I'm almost mad I didn't see how obvious it is; how much they've hammered home her one-track mind season after season. In that regard, the ONLY way for Dany to have a true arc is to give up that pursuit for some greater good. In fact, I'll bet anyone here $1000 that, in the end, she has the opportunity to take the throne, but ultimately decides not to, likely in some noble/heartbreaking way.
TCTTS
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

TCTTS said:

tv1113 said:

That was an hour long tease and I kind of feel like that's 2 episodes of mostly nothing going on and we have so little left.

Feel like there is so little screen time left and they are squandering it with so much to cover.

I don't understand this sentiment. It seems PERFECTLY paced to me so far...

Episode 1 = Setting the Table / Reunions
Episode 2 = Solidifying Bonds & Emotional Stakes

Episode 3 = Battle of Winterfell Part 1
Episode 4 = Battle of Winterfell Part 2

Episode 5 = King's Landing Part 1
Episode 6 = King's Landing Part 2 / Winner takes the throne

What more story do you need?
  • Episode 1: David Nutter
  • Episode 2: David Nutter
  • Episode 3: Miguel Sapochnik
  • Episode 4: David Nutter
  • Episode 5: Miguel Sapochnik
  • Episode 6: David Benioff and Dan Weiss

Sapochnik is the one that directs the epic battles scenes. I don't think the battle next week bleeds into Episode 4.

You're right, and I mean episode four more as an aftermath kind of thing. Still at Winterfell, though. And I bet they don't head south to King's Landing until the end of the episode. Same with five and six. Five is the battle, six is the aftermath, but both episodes at King's Landing.
Broba Fett
Kill Switch said:

There is only one way Deny will accept Jon is a Targarion. He has to prove he is Dragon born. She has to see him burn and come out alive on the other side.

that is my theory.

He just needs to Fus Roh Dah someone and prove he's the Dovakiihn.

TCTTS
AG
Kill Switch said:

that is my theory.

Yep. Good call. And now his clumsy dragon riding last week makes more sense and feels more essential than what it seemed to be at first (a lighthearted joyride of a scene to offset all the seriousness). We saw him struggle, now we - and Dany - will see him truly get the hang of it next week. It also plays into what I just laid out above.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I feel like Jon's reaction to being a Targaryen is very out of character. The whole time he has only cared about loyalty and saving the World from The Army of the Dead. He pledged himself to Daenerys. Telling her about his heritage is just going to cause additional headaches during the battle. To stay consistent, Jon should just say, "F the crown. You can have it if we kill the Night King."

What reaction had he had, though? This is Jon being consistent. He knows it will cause extra strife, but he tells her anyway. Just like when he told Cersei he already pledged to Dany. All he did was tell her, he didn't say his claim was better, she brought that up. I still don't think he really cares.
Liquid Wrench
Kill Switch said:

that is my theory.
Except I don't think all Targaryens are fire proof.
Goose06
AG
redline248 said:

AustinAg2K said:

I feel like Jon's reaction to being a Targaryen is very out of character. The whole time he has only cared about loyalty and saving the World from The Army of the Dead. He pledged himself to Daenerys. Telling her about his heritage is just going to cause additional headaches during the battle. To stay consistent, Jon should just say, "F the crown. You can have it if we kill the Night King."

What reaction had he had, though? This is Jon being consistent. He knows it will cause extra strife, but he tells her anyway. Just like when he told Cersei he already pledged to Dany. All he did was tell her, he didn't say his claim was better, she brought that up. I still don't think he really cares.

Agreed. He didn't get a chance to respond to her comment about him having a claim to the iron throne.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Social Media Influencer said:

Kill Switch said:

that is my theory.
Except I don't think all Targaryens are fire proof.

Dany is literally the only Targaryen in the ASOIAF universe that is fire proof. Half of her relatives died in a fire when Rhaegar was born.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Eliminatus
AG
Broba Fett said:

Sophie can simultaneously be an 8/9 or a 4/5. I has the confused.

Have you ever seen a woman without makeup? The bottom one is 100% her in water without makeup or software help. Still hot AF.
SlygirlAg
AG
Shelton98 said:

If killing the Night King is what saves humanity.... my money is on the guy they call "King Slayer".
My money is on Arya and her fancy weapon to kill either the NK or the WW dragon.
"she was a sweet Southern girl all year long, and then football season started..."
Counterpoint
AG
TCTTS said:

Also, tonight's episode was EASILY one of the best of the series. They perfectly played our heartstrings in order to be able to fully and effectively rip our hearts out over the next two episodes. I, like others here have stated, teared up two or three times, and I can't remember the last time I did that during an episode of television. Just brilliant, heartwarming (and heartbreaking, knowing what's coming) stuff. I've never felt so anxious yet so sentimental watching TV as I did tonight. That was eight years of relationships paid off so incredibly, satisfyingly well.

If you didn't like tonight's episode, you can't possibly be a fan of what it is that makes this series so damn good.

I'm really glad that this is mostly the consensus on here. I hate when I love an episode of something and then get on Texags and everyone is crapping on it!
FancyKetchup14
AG
Man, this was a great episode. Loved the dialogue and the vulnerability displayed by all the characters.

Jamie's story arc and transformation has easily been my favorite out of any tv show I've watched. What the author, and now show-runners, have done with his story is fantastic. He's the one character I'm going to be genuinely bummed about when he inevitably kicks it.

My emotions going into the next 4 weeks....

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Azariah
AG
Does no one see Dany becoming the villain?
DollahBillzYo!
What a grand tale this story has become.
TCTTS
AG
Edit: NM.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
lurker76
Did anyone else think, after the Arya-Gendry XX scene, that she was trying to have the Hound as her first experience, but was blocked by Beric Dondarian showing up? Feeling frustrated, she goes to look for Gendry, hoping he was experienced enough.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
No
92Ag95
AG
TCTTS said:

Agoodlittleag04 said:

I've never found Dany more unlikeable than I did in this episode. First of all, she really showed her true colors to Sansa when she asked what would happen to the North if they survive the NK and Dany takes the throne? She couldn't even muster an "I need to think about it."?!? Her disgust at the thought of not ruling ALL SEVEN kingdoms was written all over her face.

And her reaction to Jon was telling as well. Lady, the army of the dead is literally at the gates and you're still *****ing about your claim to the throne! Wtf? Her priorities are ridiculous.

This is EXACTLY what they want you to feel in this episode. Another reason it was so brilliant. Dany has been LASER FOCUSED this ENTIRE series on the throne. And it hit me tonight what her arc has been building to this whole time... she will, at the very end, give up that pursuit. Dany will give up the throne. My guess is she sacrifices herself, at the very last minute, in some noble way to allow either Jon or someone else to take the throne. I'm so certain of it that I'm almost mad I didn't see how obvious it is; how much they've hammered home her one-track mind season after season. In that regard, the ONLY way for Dany to have a true arc is to give up that pursuit for some greater good. In fact, I'll bet anyone here $1000 that, in the end, she has the opportunity to take the throne, but ultimately decides not to, likely in some noble/heartbreaking way.
I had the same feeling but about Jon.

1. He doesn't want to be a king.
2. He told Sansa that Dany would be a good queen.
3. Before the battle of the b.astards he said not to bring him back if he dies again.

I think Jon sacrifices himself somehow.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
aggierogue
AG
lurker76 said:

Did anyone else think, after the Arya-Gendry XX scene, that she was trying to have the Hound as her first experience, but was blocked by Beric Dondarian showing up? Feeling frustrated, she goes to look for Gendry, hoping he was experienced enough.
No.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
lurker76 said:

The ****?
Broba Fett
Azariah said:

A lot of people see this happening, myself included.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I thought the first two episodes have been bery slow given the breakneck pacing of major events last season.

My observations:

1) i appreciate ghost making an appearance finally, my biggest complaint about the show is the irrelevance of direwolves.

2) Nymeria coming with her wolf army for the next battle?

3) it seemed like every possible permutation of characters they had, they put them together to have emotional moment after emotional moment. Seems forced.

4) I bet $500 in Vegas that Dany dies before the series is over. Her angry reaction to Sansa asking about the north and her freaking out about jon's Lineage shows she is on a dark path. I am fairly confident she will not survive.

5) the dragon spear is definitely making another appearance after that opening.

BallerStaf2003
AG
Broba Fett said:

Azariah said:

There have been countless signs. Most notably, when she burned the Tarly's.
ac04
so ready for someone to off dany. she has been an annoying ***** since about season 2.
StringerBell
AG
lurker76 said:

c-jags
BallerStaf2003 said:

Broba Fett said:

Azariah said:

There have been countless signs. Most notably, when she burned the Tarly's.

While I agree there are signs, burning the Tarlys wasn't one of them. Lord Tarly had 3 opportunities to not die and he chose death each time.

Then Dickon wanted to look noble in front of his father.
investorAg83
AG
I think you can throw all of Jon's beliefs about his place on the throne out the window now that he knows:

1) he's not a *******
2) he's officially the rightful heir to throne

Up until now, even though he's the 'people's King', he had too much honor for tradition and what's right to make a claim for the throne himself.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I disagree. After she burned them, Tyrion and Varys had a talk on how to make it her less crazy and to control
Her better.

They definitely saw it as very mad king
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did anyone else feel like we finally got the "old" Tyrion back, if only for one episode? Funny, witty, sarcastic, not worried about winning the war for Westeros.

Granted, it's probably cause he thinks he's about to die, but damn was that refreshing. I missed the ol' God of T&W.
Farmer1906
AG
Didn't he literally say he thought they were going in win?
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.