****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,868 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

4) I bet $500 in Vegas that Dany dies before the series is over. Her angry reaction to Sansa asking about the north and her freaking out about jon's Lineage shows she is on a dark path. I am fairly confident she will not survive.
I kind of agree on this. She is hellbent on having all 7 Kingdoms. It looked like her and Sansa were finding common ground, but the moment Sansa says the North wants its independence, she immediately recoils all of that good will. She definitely wasn't pleased with Jon's announcement, but that conversation was interrupted by the AOTD arriving.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Didn't he literally say he thought they were going in win?
I took it as sarcasm.

Or maybe Bran told him something.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, the whole, "I will break the wheel" is out the window
TPS_Report
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I thought the first two episodes have been bery slow given the breakneck pacing of major events last season.

My observations:

1) i appreciate ghost making an appearance finally, my biggest complaint about the show is the irrelevance of direwolves.

2) Nymeria coming with her wolf army for the next battle?

3) it seemed like every possible permutation of characters they had, they put them together to have emotional moment after emotional moment. Seems forced.

4) I bet $500 in Vegas that Dany dies before the series is over. Her angry reaction to Sansa asking about the north and her freaking out about jon's Lineage shows she is on a dark path. I am fairly confident she will not survive.

5) the dragon spear is definitely making another appearance after that opening.

Overly contrived and hollow would be my description.

Furlock Bones
AG
SlygirlAg said:

Shelton98 said:

If killing the Night King is what saves humanity.... my money is on the guy they call "King Slayer".
My money is on Arya and her fancy weapon to kill either the NK or the WW dragon.
my guess is Arya kills the Dragon. i don't see how it makes sense at all for her to kill the NK even if she is the best assassin.
Furlock Bones
AG
also, i found it very interesting that Bran said no one has ever tried to kill the NK. people have battled him before. how does he get sent back North for thousands of years?
Goldie Wilson
Furlock Bones said:

also, i found it very interesting that Bran said no one has ever tried to kill the NK. people have battled him before. how does he get sent back North for thousands of years?
I thought he said nobody has ever tried using a dragon to kill him?
Bunk Moreland
Bunk Moreland
Edit. WTF is wrong with the quoting a quote posts right now.
wangus12
AG
The Night King is going to come for Bran in the Godswood and when he does, Bran is just gonna out awkward him.

"You looked beautiful when they shoved obsidian into your chest"
Stive
AG
With how little time was spent on The Hound last night I think he's safe. And I'm leaning that way on Beric as well.
Goose06
AG
Stive said:

With how little time was spent on The Hound last night I think he's safe. And I'm leaning that way on Beric as well.

So you think Jamie, Brianne and Arya all die?
OnlyForNow
AG
Anyone else thinking that the dead don't rise in the crypts but that there is actually a way in/out that the wights/WW/NK will use?

There was a clip in the "next week's episode" where someone says, the dead are already here. I take that to mean they found a way inside Winterfell.

Anyone else?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brock Sampson said:

So I just had a crazy (stupid) thought...

Bran being by his vision tree is obviously important.

They also dedicated a scene with Jorah getting heartsbane.

What if we have another Hodor moment with Bran? This time the Mad King hears Danny in his mind yelling "burn them all" while Bran is using his vision. In real time Danny has actually gone mad and is burning everything and everyone in sight to make sure she can survive to keep her fight for the throne alive. This leads to Jorah having to use heartsbane to kill her.

I'll hang up and listen.
Why would Bran be visiting the Throne Room, that day, during the BoW?
wangus12
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Anyone else thinking that the dead don't rise in the crypts but that there is actually a way in/out that the wights/WW/NK will use?

There was a clip in the "next week's episode" where someone says, the dead are already here. I take that to mean they found a way inside Winterfell.

Anyone else?
Could be either. They put way too much emphasis on the crypts being safe for the dead to not get in there somehow.
Furlock Bones
AG
Stive said:

The hound still has a fight with his brother.
Furlock Bones
AG
Goose06 said:

Stive said:

definitely think Brienne and Jamie don't make it. feel like their story arcs can come to a satisfying close.
chase128
AG
This is what I lean towards. Even if some of the skeletons in the crypt come alive, they're all inside stone tombs. Good luck getting out of that.
Bregxit
AG
wangus12 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Anyone else?
Could be either. They put way too much emphasis on the crypts being safe for the dead to not get in there somehow.

Going off the whole Stark family theme this season, what if the NK does raise the Starks in the crypt but they are able to turn on the NK and his army and fight for Winterfell?
ac04
jesus did it first.
chase128
AG
Lol he wasn't a skeleton
InternetFan02
AG
What did Bran tell Tyrion in their private talk? If something happens to Bran then Tyrion may now have the knowledge to explain what's going on. That will payoff later
gougler08
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Goose06 said:

Stive said:

definitely think Brienne and Jamie don't make it. feel like their story arcs can come to a satisfying close.
Brienne is gone, but think Jamie has to kill one of the queen's before his arc is through
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
lurker76 said:

Did anyone else think, after the Arya-Gendry XX scene, that she was trying to have the Hound as her first experience, but was blocked by Beric Dondarian showing up? Feeling frustrated, she goes to look for Gendry, hoping he was experienced enough.

Not at all.... holy hell. Her demeanor with the Hound was completely platonic anyway she literally wasn't even talking to him basically.

Anyway she did not go looking for Gendry either he came to her with the weapon.
AustinAg2K
I thought it was a well done episode, which will play even better for people who binge watch the show. That episode, immediately followed by the battle will be great. The only issue I have with the episode is there are now only 4 episodes left, and still a lot of crap to do.
Goose06
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Goose06 said:

Stive said:

I'll be surprised if Jamie doesn't see Cersei again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Anyone else?
That's a pretty good point. We know there is a way in/out that Maester Luwin told Theon about.

Edit: On the other hand, it also provides an escape for people if things are looking bleak. And I don't see how the NK would know about this passage. Make me lean towards this possibility more.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

4 episodes but 5+1/3 in length. About 320 minutes.

it's more than you think. thankfully.

gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

OnlyForNow said:

Anyone else?
That's a pretty good point. We know there is a way in/out that Maester Luwin told Theon about.

Edit: On the other hand, it also provides an escape for people if things are looking bleak. And I don't see how the NK would know about this passage. Make me lean towards this possibility more.
Could be how the survivors retreat out and then meet back up w/ Yara at the Iron Islands later on
Cerdock
AG
He did prove he was a Targaryen- did you not notice that he took control of the dragon he was riding (Avatar style)? Dany apparently missed the implication too.
Furlock Bones
AG
CJAG90 said:

He did prove he was a Targaryen- did you not notice that he took control of the dragon he was riding (Avatar style)? Dany apparently missed the implication too.
mm98
AG
Forgot about that. I thought it was just the last two bit in reality the final 4 will almost long enough to qualify as short movies.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I don't think they have ships over there. They just found out Yara went back there and Euron has the bulk of the iron fleet anyway.

Yara doesn't have more than 3 ships. Except maybe there are a few more on the iron islands that they did not take originally, Not enough to evacuate an army - it would be worse than Dunkirk. Only possible exception is if it is only maybe 100 left alive. In which case they are doomed anyway.

I think Yara's arc is done - save for some conclusion of kneeling to whoever takes over maybe.

Her arc was saving Theon, then helping Dany with ships, then getting left by Theon and then rescued by Theon.

Theons arc was not over he had to go to Winterfell. To die for the Starks most likely.

BallerStaf2003
AG
Bizarre to me that Daenerys cares so much about the iron throne when there is a huge chance they won't even survive the next 24 hours.

Not to mention there is a chance they could rule together. Check your ego for at least a few days. Lord.

Talk about a petulant child.
cbr
AG
Wont surprise me if the nk pulls a fast one and shows up with that dragon somewhere else to take out a fleet or a psycho blonde queen while part of the army attacks winterfell.
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.