****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,133 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJAG90 said:

He did prove he was a Targaryen- did you not notice that he took control of the dragon he was riding (Avatar style)? Dany apparently missed the implication too.
But it's fine, Dany's not gonna say no. Because of the implication.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had started to buy into the NK is heading to KL theory, but with the new information provided by Bran, it wouldn't make much sense, story-wise. If his ultimate goal is really just to kill Bran, why would he care about heading way down south to kill some queen on the Iron Throne?

What about the Citadel? If he really wants to wipe out the world's memory, you'd think that's where he would start.
Furlock Bones
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Bizarre to me that Daenerys cares so much about the iron throne when there is a huge chance they won't even survive the next 24 hours.

Not to mention there is a chance they could rule together. Check your ego for at least a few days. Lord.

Talk about a petulant child.
the writing of Daenerys is not great in the books (despite what some say), it's terrible on the show, and Emilia Clarke is an awful actress. it's no surprise the final scenes with her are coming off terribly.
redline248
AG
Cute
Furlock Bones
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

CJAG90 said:

He did prove he was a Targaryen- did you not notice that he took control of the dragon he was riding (Avatar style)? Dany apparently missed the implication too.
But it's fine, Dany's not gonna say no. Because of the implication.
beat you to it.
Bregxit
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I had started to buy into the NK is heading to KL theory, but with the new information provided by Bran, it wouldn't make much sense, story-wise. If his ultimate goal is really just to kill Bran, why would he care about heading way down south to kill some queen on the Iron Throne?

What about the Citadel? If he really wants to wipe out the world's memory, you'd think that's where he would start.

The Citadel makes sense with all the references to Sam stealing books from there.
Broba Fett
I recall one of the trailers where Cersei is in a castle (presumably the red keep) and her breath is clearly visible. Unless it's just misdirection, there should be WW action near her before all is said and done.
wangus12
AG
dlance said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Citadel makes sense with all the references to Sam stealing books from there.
Well the Citadel is basically at the opposite end of the continent. Good thing Dragons can teleport
Furlock Bones
AG
wangus12 said:

dlance said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well the Citadel is basically at the opposite end of the continent. Good thing Dragons can teleport
travel timelines were completely abandoned long ago. probably one of my bigger gripes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wonder if the NK would be smart enough to send out ravens from the Citadel calling for everyone to converge at a single place in Westeros, where he could more easily wipe everyone out.
JABQ04
AG
Furlock Bones said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Bizarre to me that Daenerys cares so much about the iron throne when there is a huge chance they won't even survive the next 24 hours.

Not to mention there is a chance they could rule together. Check your ego for at least a few days. Lord.

the writing of Daenerys is not great in the books (despite what some say), it's terrible on the show, and Emilia Clarke is an awful actress. it's no surprise the final scenes with her are coming off terribly.

Yeah I skipped a bunch of her chapters in the book. Oh look, still in Mereen and nothings going on. At the least the series made her story line interesting
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are these really the kinds of books where you can just skip chapters? Especially with all the seemingly unimportant minutiae that ends up being important later in the series?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Broba Fett said:

I recall one of the trailers where Cersei is in a castle (presumably the red keep) and her breath is clearly visible. Unless it's just misdirection, there should be WW action near her before all is said and done.

that was a S7 preview - and in retrospect seems like just symbolic promo not an actual shot from the show - because it did not appear in S7 and she looks a lot different now (hair).

skip to 1:00 mark if you want to see just that

BenFiasco14
AG
Furlock Bones said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Don't care would still hit it everyday and twice on Sunday
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Furlock Bones
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are these really the kinds of books where you can just skip chapters? Especially with all the seemingly unimportant minutiae that ends up being important later in the series?
the hard part to know is if anything is really that important anymore. so much that was built up has been completely cast aside and i'm not talking just book stuff. i'm talking the show just completely ignoring its own narrative at times.

i'm enjoying the conclusion of the story because i don't want to be one of those people that is always unhappy with books vs tv/movies. but, i can't say i'm satisfied with everything.

StringerBell
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Yeah dany talks a lot about breaking the wheel but I think she's just invested in creating her own wheel. She's mad that someone else Is doing what she wants to do.

Her narcissism is getting worse and worse.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Obviously he wants bran, but i think he wants total annihilation of humanity. I would venture to guess he would continue south.

I believe they will lose winterfell and the remaining survivors will head to Kong's Lansing, where Cersei will have them bend the knee or something to that effect.
bangobango
AG
Yep, I think battle will not go good guys' way and a few key players will retreat through the crypts.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We've got enough redemption stories going around. I'd actually like to see Dany's take a dark turn and stay dark.
The Dog Lord
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

OnlyForNow said:

Anyone else thinking that the dead don't rise in the crypts but that there is actually a way in/out that the wights/WW/NK will use?

There was a clip in the "next week's episode" where someone says, the dead are already here. I take that to mean they found a way inside Winterfell.

Anyone else?
That's a pretty good point. We know there is a way in/out that Maester Luwin told Theon about.

Edit: On the other hand, it also provides an escape for people if things are looking bleak. And I don't see how the NK would know about this passage. Make me lean towards this possibility more.
I'm not convinced that he will sneak in, but one possible explanation for how he would know about a secret passage is if he was originally a Stark like most think.
CapCityAg89
AG
I'm not sure I understand the "there is a ton left to do, this was a wasted episode" take. There are two things to do: resolve the White Walkers. And resolve Cercei. That's it.

And my list for next week:
Jamie and Brienne
Theon
Onion Knight
Tormund
Grey Worm

And one of: Jon, Arya, Jorah with their Vsteel "killing" the Night King. Although I do think he's only severely weakened and there's some indication at the very end that it's not totally over.
Brock Sampson
AG
Making sure his old friend Jamie gets the ball rolling by killing the Mad King
The Dog Lord
AG
StringerBell said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Yeah dany talks a lot about breaking the wheel but I think she's just invested in creating her own wheel. She's mad that someone else Is doing what she wants to do.

Her narcissism is getting worse and worse.
I think that may be why she eventually does give in to one of the following: not ruling (at least outright), letting the North become independent. It will show that she is different from her father/others by giving up her only goal for the entire show for the greater good. Having her push this to the point of becoming one of the last villains will be pretty disappointing (but within the realm of possibility knowing GRRM).
bangobango
AG
I don't think there is any way NK is killed next episode.

I think things are going to get a lot worse before things get better. If NK and white walkers are defeated next episode and never make it past winterfell, then the whole build up to winter is coming loses any levity it used to have. I think they're going to lose and a whole lot of people in westerns are going to die between now and the end.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cibalo
was this the first episode where no one died?
Claude!
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Chapters? You can skip most of books 4 and 5.
The Dog Lord
AG
tv1113 said:

TBH if the final battle is against Cersei that seems lame to me.

The white walkers should be the end game its been building this entire time but yet Cersei will be the final conflict?
I'd love to be surprised, but I'm pretty sure the NK is killed next week. This is the best shot they'll likely ever have. I'd actually I prefer this as well since then the series ends with the stories about the people that are left in the world. If the NK and all 3 dragons die, the story comes full circle and ends with few magical elements (although Bran and/or Melisandre could still do some supernatural stuff).
BallerStaf2003
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

We've got enough redemption stories going around. I'd actually like to see Dany's take a dark turn and stay dark.

I do too. Her dying gets me about ten grand.
redline248
AG
1st min of that video...I always complained about how small Winterfell was portrayed in the early seasons. Glad they finally fixed that.
BenFiasco14
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

the hard part to know is if anything is really that important anymore. so much that was built up has been completely cast aside and i'm not talking just book stuff. i'm talking the show just completely ignoring its own narrative at times.

i'm enjoying the conclusion of the story because i don't want to be one of those people that is always unhappy with books vs tv/movies. but, i can't say i'm satisfied with everything.

Sucks even more because it's all but assured GRRM's fat ass isn't going to finish the books. If there was just one to go, I might hold onto a shred of hope, but there's supposed to be two more so no way. And the fact that he and his wife have been completely upfront about NOT letting someone else finish the story should he die (like Brandon Sanderson did for Robert Jordan's a wheel of time) it makes me think he isn't even close to being done with the next one, I think he just gave up.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
HombreDoce
AG
I feel like the the white walker army is going to to get decimated. Dragon glass is the equivalent of a Halo energy sword or Goldeneye golden gun. The whites don't have armor and die with one hit. How many arrows have the living giants been shot with? How many arrows do the Dragons take during battles? I feel like the 10,000 Unsullied could wipe out the 100,000 whites without any help. Hell, Sam, one of the worst fighters in the show killed a WW with a dagger. Some characters are definitely going to die, but this battle is going to put an end to the white walker threat. The last three episodes will then have all the backstabbing plot twist we have grown to love with a four way for the thrown.
Furlock Bones
AG
HombreDoce said:

I feel like the the white walker army is going to to get decimated. Dragon glass is the equivalent of a Halo energy sword or Goldeneye golden gun. The whites don't have armor and die with one hit. How many arrows have the living giants been shot with? How many arrows do the Dragons take during battles? I feel like the 10,000 Unsullied could wipe out the 100,000 whites without any help. Hell, Sam, one of the worst fighters in the show killed a WW with a dagger. Some characters are definitely going to die, but this battle is going to put an end to the white walker threat. The last three episodes will then have all the backstabbing plot twist we have grown to love with a four way for the thrown.
haha, spot on. literally one nick and they are done.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.