****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,358 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brienne, Theon, and Tormund are definite goners.

Arya, The Hound, Lady Mormont, Jorah, and Jaime are highly possible.

Dany and Jon are less likely but also possible.

Sam here. They wouldn't dare, right?

Sam is gone, after confirming the marriage, he has to die so his proof goes away. At least that is my thought.
PatAg
AG
Howland Reed has to show up at some point.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

So if anybody thinks that any characters at Winterfell survive then that means they win...or they're able to retreat. I'm curious how they'd survive a retreat bc I don't think they're killing off the NK next week.
well if you think they don't then:

you think they all die at Winterfell... and we have 3 more episodes about the NK????

or you think it's down to the NK and Cersei after this?

mazag08
AG
We've seen near skeletons in the night army, I would not be surprised to see a half rotten away Ned Stark show up.
chipotle
Podrick, dead.
Brienne, dead.
Lady Mormont, dead.
Grey Worm, dead.
Gender, dead.
Theon, dead.
That far chick at the Dairy Queen...dead.
aggierogue
AG
I called Bran being the first of the main characters to go last week. We'll see if I'm right. He's certainly going to be exposed next week.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ned Stark's skull chewing that brave scarred little girl would be very George RR Martin
aggietony2010
AG
PatAg said:

I'd bet that not a single new character with any significant plot purpose is introduced for the rest of the series. All the pawns are on the board.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
mazag08 said:

We've seen near skeletons in the night army, I would not be surprised to see a half rotten away Ned Stark show up.
he'd be unrecognizable. only his bones were returned to WF.
agsquirrel97
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

well the season preview has Varys down in the crypts so.......could be very interesting stuff down there.

i wonder if the battle is interspersed with conversations going on down there.

one thing that occurred to me is Dany could talk to Tyrion about what Jon/Aegon said. And that might be interesting.

Tyrion knows the story (I mean the lie that was told) - but i think he would also know Howland Reed was there. just sayin.

In the books there was a lot of content with the ladies in the red keep during the Battle of the Blackwater. There was a little in the show, but I thought GrRM did a great job of showing the ladies of the court and their perspective.

aglaohfour
AG
I've never found Dany more unlikeable than I did in this episode. First of all, she really showed her true colors to Sansa when she asked what would happen to the North if they survive the NK and Dany takes the throne? She couldn't even muster an "I need to think about it."?!? Her disgust at the thought of not ruling ALL SEVEN kingdoms was written all over her face.

And her reaction to Jon was telling as well. Lady, the army of the dead is literally at the gates and you're still *****ing about your claim to the throne! Wtf? Her priorities are ridiculous.
The Dog Lord
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brienne, Theon, and Tormund are definite goners.

Arya, The Hound, Lady Mormont, Jorah, and Jaime are highly possible.

Dany and Jon are less likely but also possible.

Sam here. They wouldn't dare, right?

Sam is gone, after confirming the marriage, he has to die so his proof goes away. At least that is my thought.

Like many, I believe Sam is writing "A Song of Ice and Fire" as a maester after it's all over. I'd pick him as least likely to die at this point.
Trident 88
AG
I may have missed "the look" between Sansa and Theon, but I don't think there's any way that they end up in any kind of relationship beyond what they have now. The unbreakable bond they formed as a result of both suffering at the hands of Ramsay Bolton is purely platonic.
Swarely
Anyone else find it interesting/suspicious that they didn't show the Night King at the end with his brothers?
3rdGen2015
AG
Swarely said:

Anyone else find it interesting/suspicious that they didn't show the Night King at the end with his brothers?

Why would he be on the ground riding a horse when he has a dragon?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Swarely said:

Was on a dragon, not a horse. Waiting for every to be distracted then attack in the godswood.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Joseph Parrish said:

So if anybody thinks that any characters at Winterfell survive then that means they win...or they're able to retreat. I'm curious how they'd survive a retreat bc I don't think they're killing off the NK next week.
well if you think they don't then:

you think they all die at Winterfell... and we have 3 more episodes about the NK????

or you think it's down to the NK and Cersei after this?

I don't think they all die. I think half of them probably do, but more curious on how the rest would survive after being surrounded.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, i see it as basically a sibling survivor bond. They both went thru something horrific.
aggietony2010
AG
Trident 88 said:

I may have missed "the look" between Sansa and Theon, but I don't think there's any way that they end up in any kind of relationship beyond what they have now. The unbreakable bond they formed as a result of both suffering at the hands of Ramsay Bolton is purely platonic.

Agreed. That's very much a "you're like a brother to me" relationship. That's what they were growing up. It was more obvious that Robb and Theon were "brothers", but he was really like a sibling to all of them.
CFTXAG10
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Swarely said:

I think it has more to do with the theory that he might be taking a detour to Kings Landing
mike_ags_fan12
Potential plot twists...

Dany backs out of helping Jon/Aegon.
Dany kills Sam.
redline248
AG
So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Swarely said:

and he wasn't there on dragon either that we saw... still keeps alive the possible misdirection that he is off attacking KL when the BoW takes place.

Swarely
Zombie Jon Snow said:

3rdGen2015 said:

Swarely said:

and he wasn't there on dragon either that we saw... still keeps alive the possible misdirection that he is off attacking KL when the BoW takes place.

Oh ****, is that a theory? I was thinking maybe he was already inside.
Swarely
Also, this episode was called "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms".
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
redline248 said:

So much for all that NK backstory. He just wants eternal darkness and the extinction of humans.

Howland Reed won't show up. Pretty sure Dany already believes Jon. 100% Jon was about to say "I don't give a F about the iron throne."

Brienne is a goner. Knighted and validated and first time she's smiled all series.

I, personally, am still not ready to forgive Theon. I do not like the direction that was implied with Sansa tonight.

Sansa is going to have to become a lesbian.
aTmAg
AG
I hope the battle isn't all at night. My TV sucks at being dark.
PatAg
AG
aggietony2010 said:

PatAg said:

I'd bet that not a single new character with any significant plot purpose is introduced for the rest of the series. All the pawns are on the board.
He has been introduced to viewers
jabberwalkie09
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

So who do we think dies in episodes 3-4?

My guess is Grey Worm, Beric Dondarian (sp?), Gendry, Sam, Lyanna Mormont, Edd, Ghost, Bran, Podrick, Jorah the Explorer. I feel that Bran and Sam have served their purpose. Although I guess I could see Sam sticking around to write the history book.

I think Lyanna dies, Jorah lives. With Sam passing his family's sword to Jorah, I think he still has some redemption arc left in him.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
PatAg said:

aggietony2010 said:

PatAg said:

Didn't they say last episode that the Reeds weren't coming because Jon bent the knee?
The Dog Lord
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

I'd love to be surprised, but I'm pretty sure the NK is killed next week. This is the best shot they'll likely ever have. I think the series ends with the stories about the people that are left in the world. If the NK and all 3 dragons die, the story comes full circle and ends with few magical elements (although Bran and/or Melisandre could still do some supernatural stuff).
JABQ04
AG
chipotle said:

Podrick, dead.
Brienne, dead.
Lady Mormont, dead.
Grey Worm, dead.
Gender, dead.
Theon, dead.
That far chick at the Dairy Queen...dead.

Nice Dawn of the Dead reference at the end
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

He might have been about to say that or it doesn't matter right now.... or if I die.....

But she isn't going to accept that either way without proof - she literally said "oh sure your brother and your best friend just happen to be the ones with this story"... or words to that effect.

I know it's a major divide here but the one that could prove it is Howland Reed. And he is not that far away and not in harms way right now. All it takes is Bran or Tyrion telling her to go ask him.... when this is all said and done.

Or it doesn't matter because he is dead or she is dead.
The Dog Lord
AG
aTmAg said:

I hope the battle isn't all at night. My TV sucks at being dark.

Got some bad news for you friend...
PatAg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

PatAg said:

aggietony2010 said:

PatAg said:

Didn't they say last episode that the Reeds weren't coming because Jon bent the knee?
I thought that was the Glovers for some reason
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.