****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,382 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MaroonStain said:

How many times was the word 'crypt' said?

And about how everyone is safe down there...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggietony2010 said:

As I watched, I thought the episode was pretty weak, but as it finished, it's purpose became clear.

I think this episode will hold up really well over time, especially when you're able to watch it in succession with the bloodbath we know is coming next. There were some weak scenes, but a lot of fairly moving ones as well.

Episode 1 set the pieces. Episode 2 is tying up the knots that need to be tied before half these characters story arcs end.

Of course, this all depends on episode 3 being the masterpiece that's anticipated.

Agreed.

In retrospect those last scenes for people that die will be very emotional.

It's gonna be hard to rewatch some of that knowing that was their last night, last conversation, last moment of peace.

PatAg
AG
There was a lot of mention on this thread last week of the crypts and whatnot...if they actually come to life, I'll be super disappointed. Every body down there is long dead and probably just skeletons at best by now.
MaroonStain
AG
The Dog Lord said:

MaroonStain said:

And about how everyone is safe down there...

Yep...writers were trying to hard to be 'cryptic'...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

One odd thing to me - although of course he had no big emotional partner or unfinished thing to say to someone but - I don't think Varys said a single word in this episode and was barely seen.

He didn't even get in on the Hand of the Queen stuff it was all Jorah advising Dany.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hickory High said:

Tbh my first reaction is that episode was lame as hell. Just a bunch of filler.

You don't just go straight to a battle without setting the table. Have you seen The Two Towers?

Sorry you need dragon fire and loud noises every episode. Maybe you should try the Transformers franchise.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

One odd thing to me - although of course he had no big emotional partner or unfinished thing to say to someone but - I don't think Varys said a single word in this episode and was barely seen.

He didn't even get in on the Hand of the Queen stuff it was all Jorah advising Dany.

Yea, I guess when you put this many big characters in one spot some are going to have to be pushed aside. I am guessing/hoping that he gets some big scenes in later episodes
CFTXAG10
AG
I was left wondering how long Tyrion talked to Bran and how that conversation went
suburban cowboy
AG
To me it all comes down to who is Azor Ahai and if they use that name
Charlie Conway
hi just popping in to say that I would be totally fine watching a whole season of everybody sitting around the fire drinking
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Bran is the most important character in the show right now. They're not going to kill him off.
Dro07
AG
I really thought we would get the ass and the honeycomb joke finally... so disappointed
Dad
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Tormund: "We have until sunrise tomorrow"
****everyone with fear in their eyes staring at each other****
(camera cuts back to Tormund)
Tormund: "Is the big woman still here?"

I feel like he should survive and get his own spinoff.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Podrick singing reminded me of this. (And I mean this as the highest of compliments.)

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
well the season preview has Varys down in the crypts so.......could be very interesting stuff down there.

i wonder if the battle is interspersed with conversations going on down there.

one thing that occurred to me is Dany could talk to Tyrion about what Jon/Aegon said. And that might be interesting.

Tyrion knows the story (I mean the lie that was told) - but i think he would also know Howland Reed was there. just sayin.

Vince Blake
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

So who do we think dies in episodes 3-4?

My guess is Grey Worm, Beric Dondarian (sp?), Gendry, Sam, Lyanna Mormont, Edd, Ghost, Bran, Podrick, Jorah the Explorer. I feel that Bran and Sam have served their purpose. Although I guess I could see Sam sticking around to write the history book.

I think Davos goes out next week. This episode went out of it's way to remind us how likeable Davos is with the soup scene. So of course they are going to kill him next week.
Tormund goes too. The giant story felt like his final crazy ******* guitar solo.

Overall, I liked this episode. I think we were saying goodbye to some characters and the show was letting them have their moment.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Charlie Conway
Trident 88 said:

I've never been stressed out like this before by the realization that I'm watching the final season of a great series. This sucks!

Anyway, my favorite moments of this episode:

I was very moved by Sansa's reaction to Theon's request to defend Winterfell. It was a damn fine bit of acting by Sophie Turner. In fact, she is killing it this season, and she'll make a fine ruler when she ends up on the Iron Throne.

As usual, Tormund delivers the comedy highlights:
  • His embrace (like a linebacker blindsiding a QB) of Jon made me smile. "My little crow..."
  • "The big woman still here?" It wasn't the line that made me laugh, but his facial expression.

However, this exchange might have given me the biggest laugh:
Sam: "I've killed Thenns."
Ed: "Thenn."

After talking about how he suckled at the teat of a giant's wife for 3 months, I finally concluded that Tormund has zero game. But, he finished pretty strong with, "I'm no king, but if I were, I'd knight you ten times over."
Sophie has done a good job this season, her voice inflection when saying Jamie could stay I thought was really well done
aglaohfour
AG
I feel like the repeated mentions of the crypts foreshadows something. Not sure what?

Sansa and Theon just broke my heart, in a good way. How great would it be if they both survive and end up together? I feel like at this point Sansa would be perfectly content in a sexless relationship, and they could help one another heal. [/weeping emoji].

Based on this episode, I think we lose at least the following at the BoW:

Jorah
Tormund
Podrick
Davos
Gendry
Arya
Bran
Greyworm
Sam
annie88
AG
Still think Gendry might end up on the throne. I really would rather Jon. I'm almost convinced now that Danny will die. And it might even be at Jon's hand. I think she might go completely bat **** crazy.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Hide yo kids and hide yo giant wife's, cus Tormund sucking all them giant titties up in here
Dro07
AG
It's safe in the crypts was said so much that I think it won't be safe down there.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think we are being setup for some big time heartbreak if Brienne dies next week
Robert C. Christian
AG
Hey, has anyone heard where the safest place in Winterfell is?
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Army coming with the power to raise the dead? Clearly the best place to hide is in the crypts....
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I'm wondering if she ends up betraying Jon in some way in battle, but it backfires and gets her killed. It may not be an outright egregious betrayal, but maybe at least a moment of hesitation in saving him or something.
92Ag95
AG
The look on Dany's face when Jon (Aegon) crapped all over her claim to the throne.

"Go sit the fk down and shut the fk up.....your grace."
Joseph Parrish
AG
So if anybody thinks that any characters at Winterfell survive then that means they win...or they're able to retreat. I'm curious how they'd survive a retreat bc I don't think they're killing off the NK next week.
aggietony2010
AG
I think the baby Gendry just "squirted into Arya's belly" might sit it at some point.

There were a lot of pairings tonight. I think a lot of them wind up shattered by this time next week. I think Gendry is the one who dies of the Arya/Gendry pairing.
The Dog Lord
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Bran is the most important character in the show right now. They're not going to kill him off.

That's my initial thought too. It's apparently really important to have a 3ER as a check on the NK, and he could be used for a lot more conflict resolution. Dany obviously doubts Jon's history, so Bran could drop a few memories about Dany to convince her that he knows *****

That being said, seems like the perfect time to kill him. What happened with both the NK and the interpersonal conflicts if he dies?!
wangus12
AG
MaroonStain said:

Makes me think the crypts aren't going to be very safe
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brienne, Theon, and Tormund are definite goners.

Arya, Gendry, The Hound, Lady Mormont, Jorah, and Jaime are highly possible.

Dany and Jon are less likely but also possible.

Sam here. They wouldn't dare, right?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Really like Tormund, but i have to admit that they may have gone a little overkill there. His thing for Brienne was funny for a while, but now it's like retelling the same joke over and over. Just saying it louder.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Jon and Dany's conversation was straight out of Chappelle's "When keeping it real goes wrong" skit.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.