****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,303 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
EFE
AG
I'm too lazy to scroll up to his post to quote/respond properly
redline248
AG
Fair enough
Liquid Wrench
I'm happy they chose Roz for the nude stat graphic. She deserves the honor.
TyHolden
AG
When does Hodor return?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
JABQ04
AG
Couple of interesting cameos on this episode. Don't know if they count as spoilers though.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Al Bula
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Dual Dragon Ride was Cheese City.
completely agree.
redline248
AG
While cheesy, the dragon date was important for 2 reasons. One, further establishes to Jon (and probably Dany, later) that he really is a Targ. Two, strengthen the bond between Jon/Dany in order to heighten the conflict that is coming down the road between them.
gigemJTH12
AG
Does she even know only Targs can ride dragons? If so, she should know he's a targ already...right?
smokeythebear
AG
Melissandre is counted as a Targ?? Are you kidding me?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Does she even know only Targs can ride dragons? If so, she should know he's a targ already...right?
Bran will tell her that along with her daddy needed killing as well.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Al Bula
AG
Sarduakar said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Bran will tell her that along with her daddy needed killing as well.
Autist bran will show her what he and his buddies have been discussing on 4chan.
smokeythebear
AG
C@LAg said:

smokeythebear said:

it is just a loose grouping. do not take it personal.
I mean, that's fine, but by all means explain to me the connection
redline248
AG
Last we saw her she was in Dragonstone, I can't remember if she pledged to now serve Dany. Her allegiance has switched at least once, already. Baratheon is out of the game, so she would then have gone under Stark, but Jon kicked her out.
Icecream_Ag
S
smokeythebear said:

C@LAg said:

smokeythebear said:

a yo e that wasn't one of the other great houses went to targ???
redline248
AG
Same as Brienne. She isn't a Stark, even comes from her own line. But she is serving under Starks, now.
smokeythebear
AG
In terms of nudity within the show, why is Baratheon out of the equation? Heck, Cersei should count as house Baratheon.
redline248
AG
I think the website was just simplifying it in terms of major houses in play on the show.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
aggietony2010
AG
Really fire is the only connection. Personally I think she believes Jon is AA, but didn't reveal that to Dany. I'd place her with Stark (that raises the where does Jon belong question)...but she was banished by them.

Ultimately I think they're just trying to add "intelligence" to a discussion of T&A (and D&V for that matter).

I don't think HBO added all the tits so they could be turned into an infographic. They added them because they're tits.
redline248
AG
I laughed at your last sentence.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
so these points have probably been beaten to death, but I am in non-scroll back mode.

1) Is there anyway they can actually prove to Danerys that Jon is Aegon Targaryen? Sam has a piece of paper (so did Ned Stark) and Bran has shown no ability to take anyone on his Magical Mystery Tours. What would compel her to believe it, even if Jon was compelled to tell her?

2) If Jon Snow dies defeating the White Walkers, there's no way in hell the North goes with Dany to fight Cersei - Sansa, Arya, Tormund, etc. arent the kneeling types. So does Dany burn them all the way she burned the Tarlys or does she leave the North to the North and continue South?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
smokeythebear said:

C@LAg said:

smokeythebear said:

if they are associating by houses.....well.....

Melisandre is from Essos - she was a slave in Essos and later a priestess of R'hllor.
Targs are from Essos - originally - one of the 40 major noble houses of the Valyrian Freehold

She has previously aligned herself with House Baratheon via Stannis...but that house is no more I mean there are no Baratheon heirs. She later more or less was with House Stark but that did not last or end well.

But probably the simplest explanation is she has most recently been in Dragonstone and when she met Daenerys she called her Queen and told her to summon Jon Snow - actions that would imply she is on her side.

Unless you have a free agent pool I can't think of a house I would put her under other than Targ right now. that's the closest thing to a house she serves.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

so these points have probably been beaten to death, but I am in non-scroll back mode.

1) Is there anyway they can actually prove to Danerys that Jon is Aegon Targaryen? Sam has a piece of paper (so did Ned Stark) and Bran has shown no ability to take anyone on his Magical Mystery Tours. What would compel her to believe it, even if Jon was compelled to tell her?

2) If Jon Snow dies defeating the White Walkers, there's no way in hell the North goes with Dany to fight Cersei - Sansa, Arya, Tormund, etc. arent the kneeling types. So does Dany burn them all the way she burned the Tarlys or does she leave the North to the North and continue South?

Yes. To be consistent with TV lore, there could be a fire event that he is involved with, and emerges unburnt.

That is the most logical way to prove it.

That and the dragons taking to him.

Speaking of dragonriders - whether Dany knows that Targs are the only ones that ride dragons or not - I'm pretty sure Tyrion would know that if it is indeed true. That's debatable.

FYI.... that's not a book thing. In the history of the dragon era there were dragon riders who were not Targs.

However the show, to my knowledge, has never said one way or the other.

But Benioff said that in some post show interview about Dany riding them and then Tyrion surviving - he made a comment that only Targs can ride dragons.

Is that cannon for the show - no clue.

Quote:

David Benioff, one of the showrunners, said in an "Inside the Episode" segment that "only Targaryens" can ride, which is a departure from the books and the show's own history-and-lore segments. This could be a retroactive continuity change, or more likely, Benioff meant in the present show story line, since right before that he said, "No one's ever ridden a dragon except for Dany," and that doesn't cancel out her ancestors. Still, the idea that dragon-riding is proof of a Targaryen bloodline persists, and how that plays out in "Game of Thrones" remains to be seen.

so......the answer is unclear.
redline248
AG
Blue zombie fire is still fire, right? How surprised will the NK be when a naked Jon Snow pops up from under Viserion and slices his frozen head off? Everyone will be all jaw dropped and Dany will be like "...like a horse, amirite?"

Poor Jorah
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
CapCityAg89
AG
Yea, the flying dragons is definitely book lore. I don't think it's been even addressed on the show but in the books, they had a recruitment thing to find dragon riders and most recruits got burnt up.

Books, Dany was "unburnt" but it was a one time thing. Not fireproof like in the show. Show, fireproof seems to be a "true Dragon-Targ" thing.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

CapCityAg89 said:

Yea, the flying dragons is definitely book lore. I don't think it's been even addressed on the show but in the books, they had a recruitment thing to find dragon riders and most recruits got burnt up.

Books, Dany was "unburnt" but it was a one time thing. Not fireproof like in the show. Show, fireproof seems to be a "true Dragon-Targ" thing.
but 2 of the "dragonseeds' were not identified as having any Targ blood in them.
Nettles - who worked on conditioning the dragon to accept her and the other.. Wulf or Ulf or something like that.

exactly. as I said - books do not preclude non Targs from riding dragons.

show has not said either way.

show producer has said only Targs can ride dragons - but I'm not sure that's binding just like saying Dany walking out fire was a one time thing (GRRM said that about the books, but at the time the show producers said that too).

First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.