****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,157 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

CapCityAg89 said:

Yea, the flying dragons is definitely book lore. I don't think it's been even addressed on the show but in the books, they had a recruitment thing to find dragon riders and most recruits got burnt up.

Books, Dany was "unburnt" but it was a one time thing. Not fireproof like in the show. Show, fireproof seems to be a "true Dragon-Targ" thing.
but 2 of the "dragonseeds' were not identified as having any Targ blood in them.
Nettles - who worked on conditioning the dragon to accept her and the other.. Wulf or Ulf or something like that.

Agreed. But my point was that it was more of a test (most of them got burnt) than fire which is only a show thing. The show hasn't talked about how only Targs (or dragon blood) can fly. Hell Drogon is apparently an Uber Dragon now - which I don't think was described in the books at all.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
tk for tu juan
KidDoc
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

smokeythebear said:

C@LAg said:

smokeythebear said:

Melissandre is counted as a Targ?? Are you kidding me?
it is just a loose grouping. do not take it personal.
I mean, that's fine, but by all means explain to me the connection

if they are associating by houses.....well.....

Melisandre is from Essos - she was a slave in Essos and later a priestess of R'hllor.
Targs are from Essos - originally - one of the 40 major noble houses of the Valyrian Freehold

She has previously aligned herself with House Baratheon via Stannis...but that house is no more I mean there are no Baratheon heirs. She later more or less was with House Stark but that did not last or end well.

But probably the simplest explanation is she has most recently been in Dragonstone and when she met Daenerys she called her Queen and told her to summon Jon Snow - actions that would imply she is on her side.

Unless you have a free agent pool I can't think of a house I would put her under other than Targ right now. that's the closest thing to a house she serves.

Gendry is a Baratheon heir.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
House Baratheon will rise again!
gigemJTH12
AG
So the zombie dragon blows blue stuff...is that fire???

Just curious for killing Dany reasons.
MaroonStain
AG
Plamsa ice fire
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

*******s are not "heirs" or there are about 15 more of them - Robert got busy with a lot of *****s. 4 were shown to be killed but he had about 20. Gendry is just the only one we know.

Anyway it's irrelevant. Just like for Jon he could never inherit the throne. Jon was made King in the North by proclamation mostly due to other male Starks being dead or MIA - not by inheritance.

Gendry could - I suppose - if the people wanted him to and there were no real heirs which there are not. But he still has no army, no history like Jon did in the North or with the NW, etc.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crap, already posted. Move along.
OnlyForNow
AG
Reagar legitimately married Lyanna via a septon after his marriage to Elia was annulled by same septon, Jon is the true heir to the throne.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Reagar legitimately married Lyanna via a septon after his marriage to Elia was annulled by same septon, Jon is the true heir to the throne.

Well yes however my point was in reference to when it was believed that he was a *******. That's when he became king in the north. He still is believed to be a ******* actually except by Bran and Sam and maybe himself now.
Farmer1906
AG
Just how much is anyone going to believe Sam & Bran in such a huge matter? Is Reed going to make a surprise appearance? That seems unlikely at this point.
Urban Ag
AG
Jon is not the true heir to the throne.

House Targaryen was deposed. No Targaryen has any claim to the throne more legitimate than anyone else.

Robert had no legitimate heir in the form of a son because his children were not his children. And basturds don't count.

From a Westerosi legal/cultural perspective, the actual true legitimate successor to Robert was Stannis.

And all of this is simply academic because when it is all said and done the only true king or queen is the one that has the army that can take the throne and keep it. Just as the Targaryens did. Just as Robert did. Just as Cersei has done. Just as Dany intends to.
BenFiasco14
AG
C@LAg said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sun-men/8844480/game-of-thrones-134-boobs-60-bums-7-*****es-108-minutes-of-nudity-research-reveals/

Game of Thrones has shown 134 boobs, 60 bums and only 7 weenies during 108 minutes of nudity since show began, research reveals

Fans of the show may be shocked to learn they have watched a staggering 82 nude scenes totalling 108 minutes since the show began.

Those scenes have included a total of 134 breasts, 60 butts, 28 "bushes" but only seven *****es, according to the site.

A whopping 51 celebrities have bared all on the show 36 women and 15 men.

Don't like this trend! We need MORE nudity, not less!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
canadiaggie
AG
Urban Ag said:

House Targaryen was deposed. No Targaryen has any claim to the throne more legitimate than anyone else.

Robert had no legitimate heir in the form of a son because his children were not his children. And basturds don't count.

From a Westerosi legal/cultural perspective, the actual true legitimate successor to Robert was Stannis.

And all of this is simply academic because when it is all said and done the only true king or queen is the one that has the army that can take the throne and keep it. Just as the Targaryens did. Just as Robert did. Just as Cersei has done. Just as Dany intends to.

Within the Targaryen dynasty, however, his claim precedes Daenerys' claim, even if the dynasty is currently deposed.

That being said Cersei is hardly the unanimously recognised Queen of the Seven Kingdoms right now. More like Queen of four and a half
Farmer1906
AG
She's still my queen.
SWCBonfire
AG
Urban Ag said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conqueror

Quote:

And all of this is simply academic because when it is all said and done the only true king or queen is the one that has the army that can take the throne and keep it.

Might makes right, as proven in 11th century Normandy.
boboguitar
AG
Urban Ag said:

Part of why Robert was accepted as a King was because of his Targaryen blood.
Urban Ag
AG
Robert was accepted as King because his army said so and he'd have your head if you disputed it. The Greyjoy's tested this and the results were not in their favor.

boboguitar
AG
Urban Ag said:

Robert was accepted as King because his army said so and he'd have your head if you disputed it. The Greyjoy's tested this and the results were not in their favor.

Quote:

Part of why Robert was accepted as a King was because of his Targaryen blood.
Urban Ag
AG
Fine. I guess that was covered in the books? I don't recall.

Seems nonsensical and irrelevant considering the Targs were overthrown by him, the houses that supported him also hated the Targs, and the houses that would find legitimacy in having some amount of Targ of blood were the same houses he and his coalition defeated.

Anyway, minutia.
redline248
AG
Urban Ag said:

Fine. I guess that was covered in the books? I don't recall.

Anyway, minutia.

Was covered in the books and vaguely in the show. Robert told Ned he should have taken the crown, to which Ned replied Robert had the better claim.
The Debt
The show wasnt good at explaining it, but Stannis always said he had legitimacy to the throne and the show had audiences believing that's due to his older brother "the userper" Robert. But the baratheon brothers have a grandmother who was targaryen.

With Aegons line exiled, the baratheons have the strongest claim to the ancestral throne. Ergo, Robert was the rightful king when the aegon line is dead/exiled. This was Ned stark's justification why he didnt take the throne when his army took kingslanding and he saw jaime Lannister sitting on the throne with the mad kings blood on him (figuratively).

Ned's honor handed the throne to his targaryen/baratheon best friend, when the dialogue mentioned ned could have simply seized the empty throne for himself.

The baratheons were not strong enough to take the throne from the starks, if Ned had taken the throne,. The baratheons were getting their taints handed to them by the targaryens and their loyalists (dorne and tyrells). Stannis, the better field Marshall, was stranded on dragonstone (remember the onion knight). Robert was being driven around until the battle of the trident. The baratheons could not have taken the throne and surely house Arryn( and Tully) wouldnt have sided with Robert over Ned.
redline248
AG
I do wonder how HBO intends to legitimize Jon in the eyes of the realm. Would the Citadel maesters verify the journal entry? Using Howland Reed at this point seems very unlikely. Would Varys have heard rumors? Seems like the kind of think he'd have acted on sooner if he knew or suspected.
agrams
AG
those were my thoughts too.

Jon isnt the type to just blurt it out. I wonder if Bran drops the ball publically, or maybe even Sam. but Daenerys' lifelong entitlement will just make her deny it without any blatant proof.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I'm betting word gets to Sansa and she blabs
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Using Howland Reed at this point seems very unlikely.
But imagine the reunion scene when he arrives at Winterfell and is so relieved to see Bran, which means his son and daughter must have made it too!

*Serious question: I don't remember at this point if it was ever really explained how the Reed kids knew about Bran and the 3 eyed raven?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Jojen was a Greenseer (kind of):

Books-
Quote:

Bran: You're a greenseer.

Jojen: No, only a boy who dreams. The greenseers were more than that. They were wargs as well, as you are, and the greatest of them could wear the skins of any beast that flies or swims or crawls, and could look through the eyes of the weirwoods as well, and see the truth that lies beneath the world.[

Show-
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

I do wonder how HBO intends to legitimize Jon in the eyes of the realm. Would the Citadel maesters verify the journal entry? Using Howland Reed at this point seems very unlikely. Would Varys have heard rumors? Seems like the kind of think he'd have acted on sooner if he knew or suspected.

I don't think it is going to matter. And will never be legitimized beyond a few folks in WF who know anyway. Either:

a. he dies and it does not matter
b. he kills the NK but somehow takes his place as a WW and it doesn't matter
c. Dany dies and he becomes King in effect by conquest (if Cersei and Jamie are also dead which i would assume in any scenario in which he is King)

I mean there isn't anyone else to challenge him really - the Freys, Boltons, Lannisters, Martells, Tyrells, Arryns, Tully's, Baratheons, Mormonts, Tarlys and smaller houses of the north, etc... aren't going to issue a challenger (can't think of any that would, have a chance really) and the Greyjoys nobody would accept outside the iron islands.

So if he wins the war in effect - last man standing and their leader in that war - he'll be King regardless.

I mean they could document it after the fact. But he's either gonna win and be the one left or die or otherwise be gone and it does not matter.

imho

redline248
AG
I don't think he would have ever tried to take kingship in any of those scenarios if he had no knowledge of being a Targ. So, now that he is and if he tries to take the iron throne, people will be like wait a minute, why do you want it all of a sudden?
Liquid Wrench
Thanks. Reading the GoT wiki was a little confusing on that, but I looked a little more and saw that the show didn't fully explain whatever was in the books (naturally). I guess Jojen had proven his abilities already if his sister was that committed to whatever he said. And father too, if he was even still alive.
redline248
AG
Well, Jojen's family knew him his whole life. Plenty of time to believe in his ability.
redline248
AG
More to this post, Howland has never met Bran, and Meera already went home. So He knows about Jojen
CFTXAG10
AG
I want Tyrion to find out about Jon. Just to see how he uses the information.
gigemJTH12
AG
I have a theory that he already knows and has never said anything.

Remember how he was staring at the room when they first had the secks?

It was like he knew.
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.