****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,520 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Legacy Work Spaces
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PatAg said:

Memphis 7 said:

Sincere question:

(As someone who doesn't follow the things behind the show)

Why are they in such a rush to wrap this up? Why end the show this season-or in 6 episodes?
I have a theory it has to do with them being offered Star Wars.
My personal theory is that they had so much time and money devoted to the battle scenes (tonight and Winterfell) that I'm not sure they could make time to keep the cast around longer, or to spend more money making more episodes.
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
Olsen
AG
-spoiler tag not working on the link. -staff

Link to leaked spoilers from a few days ago that seems accurate.
agsquirrel97
AG
combat wombat said:

Maybe they rushed Dany going crazy. But I don't think it was all that rushed... she's been ruthless. Jon's parentage coming out, the people of Westeros not adoring her, and Misandei being killed, just kind of brought everything to a head.

Cra Cra is what she was destined for.
I don't know if she was destined for it, but I think going cray cray was more of a snap and not rushed in any way. It doesn't take a season to show someone snap, it takes a moment.

I agree with D&D on this one, don't ease into it, it is the 28th day of the month, the kids are running around the house screaming, and that soccer mom b**** won't make the fruit cups this week to help you out!!!

In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
The Dog Lord
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Right now on first take from a writing point of view - motivation,etc... the only part I have an issue with is Cersei and Jamie. Making that the true love story of GOT and trying to make me have ANY sympathy for them was blech vomit....F them. And F you for trying D&D.

For The Hound... I'm ok with it. Couldn't kill The Mountain any other way it seemed. Bravo Sandor Clegane.

The Grey Worm anger and rage I get and Dany's turn I mean honestly that's been foreshadowed and warned and building for 7 seasons. That's justified in her story and arc anway. Surprised they went full mad queen but it was always there and always possible You can't say that was out of the blue.

This won't be popular and for that I actually kind of applaud them.
It wasn't always there. They have been talking as if it was always there without any real basis other than "her dad was mad". Nothing she did prior to this episode earned her the "mad" title.

And I thought the Star Wars prequels did a pathetic job of explaining how Anikin turned dark. GoT put that crappy ass writing to shame. The bells started ringing and she literally decided.. "well I'm going to give insanity a shot."

It was always there - she always resorted to ignoring advice and torching everyone. ALWAYS

1. walked into a burning fire pit and walked out with 3 dragons

2. went into the house of the undying alone to rescue her dragons and burned the guy alive

3. Traded for the Unsullied and then Dracarys-ed the slave trader and then ordered the unsullied to kill the rest

4. Walked alone into the Khal temple and killed them all with fire and walked out

5. Under attack in an assassination attempt in the dragon pit she mounted the dragon, torched people and flew off.

6. Returned to Mereen amidst an assault and unleashed Drogon on the ships and slayed the masters and loosed the dothraki on the harpy's

Can you really blame her for any of those though? All except for the slavers were self defense.
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

D&D just said on the Inside the Episode that she hadn't decided to do this until sitting there and seeing the Red Keep. Then she decided to make it personal. Okay...
Did he really say that?
So we have that comment, and then him saying she just "forgot" about the iron fleet. This was kind of like finding out the director of Boondock Saints thought he was making the next Goodfellas, whereas we all thought he was making a funny/mindless action movie.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
aggietony2010 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

While watching Varys die to dragon fire it hit me, only my uneducated guess but I will tag it in case you don't want to read my prediction.

Dany told Tyrion he was out of chances, she will kill him and she will use Drogon to execute him. BUT, he is a Targaryen like we used to think and he will walk out of the fire alive. That makes him her older brother and the rightful heir.!

Of course, Arya gonna kill Dany after watching her go cray cray and kill the girl and her mother.

Targaryens are not immune to fire. Jon is at least as Targaryen as Tyrion would be, and he burnt his hand in season 1
Not to mention they burned her brother to death with a pot of gold.
investorAg83
AG
aTmAg said:

WestAustinAg said:

aTmAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
Boo the F hoo. None of that comes close to explaining her sudden change. Might as well have her stub her step on a lego and then turn into Hitler. At least that makes a little more sense.

She was crazy all along. You know this.
No, we don't. NOTHING she did prior to hearing those bells was remotely crazy.

It would literally be like Indiana Jones deciding to use the Ark to take over the world at the end of Raiders. That level of stupidity.

Dude I feel like you made your mind up to hate this season from the very beginning.

If you haven't seen her trying to keep her crazy under control and even more obvious, everyone else trying to keep her crazy under control, you're blind.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just want to point out that GRRM gave D&D the broad strokes of his ending.

So, this IS how Dany's story ends. This is too huge.
SoTXAg09
AG
They're obviously morons, but not surprising. Personal would've been destroying Cersei in the Red Keep (which is what I expected), not massacring hundreds of thousands of people.
Memphis 7
So Bran is basically a useless cripple with bird vision?
BarKeep_03
AG
Dro07
AG
I think that was a given that she was gonna become what we/she feared the most but I guess I didn't think she would flip that quickly and go full on MQ
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I dont think thats where most people have problems, but instead its with the why

Or I'm wrong and they are hating just to hate. There is still quite a few things to like between the poor parts, imo.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Favorite parts:

1. The Hound and Arya dialogue
2. The Tyrion & Jamie farewell
3. Jon finally having the shadow lifted on Dany; she's unworthy
4. Zombie Gregor smashing Qyburn... it was great, because it shows how fast and frail life can end
5. Arya perspective from the ground the last 10 minutes
6. Euron dying thinking he killed Jamie (he kinda did I guess, but really it was the imploding red keep)
aTmAg
AG

Quote:

It was always there - she always resorted to ignoring advice and torching everyone. ALWAYS

1. walked into a burning fire pit and walked out with 3 dragons
Not crazy. She knew she could withstand it, and was trying to earn her position and respect back.
Quote:

2. went into the house of the undying alone to rescue her dragons and burned the guy alive
Self defense. Not crazy.
Quote:

3. Traded for the Unsullied and then Dracarys-ed the slave trader and then ordered the unsullied to kill the rest
Smart, not crazy.
Quote:

4. Walked alone into the Khal temple and killed them all with fire and walked out
Again, not crazy.
Quote:

5. Under attack in an assassination attempt in the dragon pit she mounted the dragon, torched people and flew off.
Again, self defense. Not crazy.

Quote:

6. Returned to Mereen amidst an assault and unleashed Drogon on the ships and slayed the masters and loosed the dothraki on the harpy's
Not crazy.

Of course she is going to use fire. That is power that she has. Guess what? Bruce Lee used karate a lot. Nobody would bat an eye that he would use karate to solve all his problems. What people would ask, "WTF?" about is if 7/8ths through a Bruce Lee movie, if he decided to completely change character and use his karate skills to suddenly kick the crap out of children because he heard a bell ring.
Dro07
Furlock Bones
AG

I'm Old Gregg!

The Dog Lord
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

They're obviously morons, but not surprising. Personal would've been destroying Cersei in the Red Keep (which is what I expected), not massacring hundreds of thousands of people.

Exactly. The civilian massacre is what I don't get. That is Mad Queen. Personal is killing civilians as collateral damage when destroying the Red Keep because your enemies are in there.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
It just occurred to me. There's no Iron Throne left. All the debates are void now.
MEEN Ag 05
AG
This was coming from Dany.

All the things that have already been mentioned, plus Varys tried to warn her like he promised he would. She ignored him, then he acted to protect the realm, like he said he would, and she burned him.

This has been her nature the entire time, but she has had advisers acting as safeguards to prevent it (kind of). Now all the safeguards had disappeared and she chose "fear."

With no one left to keep her in check since they had all betrayed her, at least in her eyes, she had nothing left to do but follow Lady Olenna's advice....

gigemJTH12
AG
Probably minority here but I didn't mind Cersei's death at all. She died scared and crying after being cocky and arrogant the whole show. Once the city was burning down anyone getting that "kill" woulda been pretty insignificant anyways.
Memphis 7
Episode IV said:

Favorite parts:

4. Zombie Gregor smashing Qyburn... it was great, because it shows how fast and frail life can end
6. Euron dying thinking he killed Jamie (he kinda did I guess, but really it was the imploding red keep)

I hated the episode but this is on.

I'd add the execution scene too..
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

WestAustinAg said:

aTmAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
Boo the F hoo. None of that comes close to explaining her sudden change. Might as well have her stub her step on a lego and then turn into Hitler. At least that makes a little more sense.

She was crazy all along. You know this.
No, we don't. NOTHING she did prior to hearing those bells was remotely crazy.

It would literally be like Indiana Jones deciding to use the Ark to take over the world at the end of Raiders. That level of stupidity.

Remind me when Indiana jones had previously burned people multiple times? Or when he had torched his enemies that wouldn't kneel? Or ordered any executions deserved or not?

The Dog Lord
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I dont think thats where most people have problems, but instead its with the why

Or I'm wrong and they are hating just to hate. There is still quite a few things to like between the poor parts, imo.

You're correct that it's not her going crazy. It's just the weird ways that things have happened the last 2 seasons to get us to the end.
G Martin 87
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Exactly. Character arcs from bad guy to good guy are a dime a dozen. How many good guy to murdering monster character arcs are there?
TCTTS
AG
Definitely in the camp of "This is where it was always heading, but they turned the corner too fast." You're crazy if you don't think this is what Dany's story was always leading to. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to cut this season and last so short. Ten episodes each of these two seasons would have solved nearly every problem this show has had, including tonight's way-too-fast "turn." Benioff & Weiss will go down in history as the guys who had all the clout in the world, but got lazy and fumbled on the five yard line. It's just mind boggling.
Olsen
AG
I find it hard to believe that Bran will claim the Iron Throne and Jon returning to Castle Black after killing Dany in the end.
mike_ags_fan12
This season is so meh..
WestAustinAg
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

WestAustinAg said:

Charlie Kelley said:

If you think this season is good, you're a simpleton who is entertained by bright lights and loud noises.

I loved this episode and it redeemed the season. Full stop.

Those who didn't like it are just hurt that their ridiculously simplistic happy ending didnt and couldn't happen the way they wanted it to.

I laugh at your sad attempt to criticize those of us who think this is exactly the way the show should end. Dark. Insane. Total GRRM. 100%.

Not mad and not expecting a happy ending with dany and Jon riding off into the sunset making love on a dragon. My main complaint would be the rush to finish like others have stated. It seems to me like the writers spent more time on cool, but Pointless, action shots; rather then telling the story.

That's just my opinion, I'll leave the bickering to others.

I think the criticism of it all happening too fast is completely oversold. We knew things had to move quickly this season. I think it's just that some simply wanted a different end.

This was a fabulous episode. It strengthened the season from my point rod view.
aTmAg
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I wouldn't mind if Dany, Jon Snow, Arya, and the Hound died in this episode. I'm not all about "happy endings". I just want people to act consistently to their character and not suddenly be a person they weren't.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I enjoyed Cleganebowl and think Dany going mad queen isn't all that crazy.

However, I don't like what they did to Jaime and think Cersei's death was underwhelming. Euron is also still the worst.
MaroonStain
AG
I love how Cersei is completely oblivious. Yes I'm watching again.

She reminds me...oh I'll stop there...
agsquirrel97
AG
Episode IV said:

Favorite parts:

I'm sorry, last week was your week, we don't really care about your opinion of episode V

User name doesn't check out

But seriously, Varys execution was top 2 at least
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Redeeming. They've been fore Shadowing her ability to be this person for the entire series. Yes, she has always passed the test before, but this was always an option. She told John in the episode love or fear. John couldn't show her love.

When the battle was won with no innocent bloodshed, who would Westoros love? John. She said that earlier. She consciously chose fear. That's how she thought she'd win. She chose her darkest instincts for the first time. Because she thought she needed to.

It's on John. He should have given her the D.

Bran's arch is still bad. This isn't what I would have chosen for John or Dany, but it is good....
JJxvi
AG
Memphis 7 said:

So Bran is basically a useless cripple with bird vision?

A wheelchair is better than stuck in the roots of a tree dude
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.