****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,111,275 Views | 14599 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by Urban Ag
92Ag95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This season of GoT is like when you run out of time on an exam and just mark the rest of the answers 'B' on your scantron.
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yeah, i took the Drogon strategy to be the very high and fast dive, along with some serious speed as he cut between the ships. Became a much more difficult target than just some dragons chilling along at the speed of some accompanying ships.
dmart90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social Media Influencer said:


Quote:

You can be disappointed I guess but *****ing and moaning about it aint gonna do a damn bit of good.
I think you know what message boards are for, Grammaw.

Based on number of stars awarded, user name does not check out.
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

While watching Varys die to dragon fire it hit me, only my uneducated guess but I will tag it in case you don't want to read my prediction.

Dany told Tyrion he was out of chances, she will kill him and she will use Drogon to execute him. BUT, he is a Targaryen like we used to think and he will walk out of the fire alive. That makes him her older brother and the rightful heir.!

Of course, Arya gonna kill Dany after watching her go cray cray and kill the girl and her mother.


Targaryens are not immune to fire. Jon is at least as Targaryen as Tyrion would be, and he burnt his hand in season 1
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I could see GRRM telling them that when he told them the ending. The white Knight destroying the whole city when it had already surrendered sounds very GRRM.
How you like me now?
Memphis 7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yea, but was it dragon fire?
Houston Astros - 2017 World Series Champions
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel a little like Jon Snow right now. Any chance both sides can voice their approval and disapproval without insulting each other?
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, but evidently some Targaryens are. And we know that the dragons "recognize" Tyrion.
WestAustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
Boo the F hoo. None of that comes close to explaining her sudden change. Might as well have her stub her step on a lego and then turn into Hitler. At least that makes a little more sense.


She was crazy all along. You know this.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Right now on first take from a writing point of view - motivation,etc... the only part I have an issue with is Cersei and Jamie. Making that the true love story of GOT and trying to make me have ANY sympathy for them was blech vomit....F them. And F you for trying D&D.

For The Hound... I'm ok with it. Couldn't kill The Mountain any other way it seemed. Bravo Sandor Clegane.

The Grey Worm anger and rage I get and Dany's turn I mean honestly that's been foreshadowed and warned and building for 7 seasons. That's justified in her story and arc anway. Surprised they went full mad queen but it was always there and always possible You can't say that was out of the blue.

This won't be popular and for that I actually kind of applaud them.
It wasn't always there. They have been talking as if it was always there without any real basis other than "her dad was mad". Nothing she did prior to this episode earned her the "mad" title.

And I thought the Star Wars prequels did a pathetic job of explaining how Anikin turned dark. GoT put that crappy ass writing to shame. The bells started ringing and she literally decided.. "well I'm going to give insanity a shot."


It was always there - she always resorted to ignoring advice and torching everyone. ALWAYS


1. walked into a burning fire pit and walked out with 3 dragons

2. went into the house of the undying alone to rescue her dragons and burned the guy alive

3. Traded for the Unsullied and then Dracarys-ed the slave trader and then ordered the unsullied to kill the rest

4. Walked alone into the Khal temple and killed them all with fire and walked out

5. Under attack in an assassination attempt in the dragon pit she mounted the dragon, torched people and flew off.

6. Returned to Mereen amidst an assault and unleashed Drogon on the ships and slayed the masters and loosed the dothraki on the harpy's
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone think for a second they were going to show some chain reactions of the wildfire barrels going off, I thought I saw some green explosions near the end. Around when Jon ordered his men out of the city.
Memphis 7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, she is a woman
Houston Astros - 2017 World Series Champions
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
By the way, how about all that wildfire?
ATM1876
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
- "If it weren't for you, I never would've survived my childhood."
- "You would have."
- "You were the only one who didn't treat me like a monster. You were all I had."
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Right now on first take from a writing point of view - motivation,etc... the only part I have an issue with is Cersei and Jamie. Making that the true love story of GOT and trying to make me have ANY sympathy for them was blech vomit....F them. And F you for trying D&D.

For The Hound... I'm ok with it. Couldn't kill The Mountain any other way it seemed. Bravo Sandor Clegane.

The Grey Worm anger and rage I get and Dany's turn I mean honestly that's been foreshadowed and warned and building for 7 seasons. That's justified in her story and arc anway. Surprised they went full mad queen but it was always there and always possible You can't say that was out of the blue.

This won't be popular and for that I actually kind of applaud them.
It wasn't always there. They have been talking as if it was always there without any real basis other than "her dad was mad". Nothing she did prior to this episode earned her the "mad" title.

And I thought the Star Wars prequels did a pathetic job of explaining how Anikin turned dark. GoT put that crappy ass writing to shame. The bells started ringing and she literally decided.. "well I'm going to give insanity a shot."


It was always there - she always resorted to ignoring advice and torching everyone. ALWAYS


1. walked into a burning fire pit and walked out with 3 dragons

2. went into the house of the undying alone to rescue her dragons and burned the guy alive

3. Traded for the Unsullied and then Dracarys-ed the slave trader and then ordered the unsullied to kill the rest

4. Walked alone into the Khal temple and killed them all with fire and walked out

5. Under attack in an assassination attempt in the dragon pit she mounted the dragon, torched people and flew off.

6. Returned to Mereen amidst an assault and unleashed Drogon on the ships and slayed the masters and loosed the dothraki on the harpy's
This is where I agree with people that liked the show. Martin definitely set up something like this being possible. And something similar to this is very possibly going to happen in the books. I just expect more from the show because they showed they were capable of more.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh ya def thought it was gonna go to hell and a hand basket fast!
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
Boo the F hoo. None of that comes close to explaining her sudden change. Might as well have her stub her toe on a lego and then turn into Hitler. At least that makes a little more sense.
I am loving your melt down even more than I loved that episode!!!

Charlie Kelley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WestAustinAg said:

Charlie Kelley said:

If you think this season is good, you're a simpleton who is entertained by bright lights and loud noises.


I loved this episode and it redeemed the season. Full stop.

Those who didn't like it are just hurt that their ridiculously simplistic happy ending didnt and couldn't happen the way they wanted it to.

I laugh at your sad attempt to criticize those of us who think this is exactly the way the show should end. Dark. Insane. Total GRRM. 100%.


Not mad and not expecting a happy ending with dany and Jon riding off into the sunset making love on a dragon. My main complaint would be the rush to finish like others have stated. It seems to me like the writers spent more time on cool, but Pointless, action shots; rather then telling the story.

That's just my opinion, I'll leave the bickering to others.
dmart90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BarKeep_03 said:

Brock Sampson said:

BarKeep_03 said:

Even the wife thought this was a bad episode, and she's a casual watcher. **** story telling when you're getting pulled out of the action asking "Why would the character do that?"


Why do mad people do what they do?

Well if we knew the answer to that they wouldn't be mad!


7+ seasons of character arc building, motivations, etc

Season 8: duuuur now she goes mad

Don't get me started on other characters we talked about

She sees the writing on the wall that she's feared, in Westeros, not loved. Her best friend was beheaded in front of her. None of that would cause her to freak out in any kind of way.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ATM1876 said:

- "If it weren't for you, I never would've survived my childhood."
- "You would have."
- "You were the only one who didn't treat me like a monster. You were all I had."


Manly tears at this scene.
Memphis 7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sincere question:

(As someone who doesn't follow the things behind the show)

Why are they in such a rush to wrap this up? Why end the show this season-or in 6 episodes?
Houston Astros - 2017 World Series Champions
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's all do our best to not attack each other over liking or not liking the episode/season. Clearly there is no reasoning either way.
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestAustinAg said:

aTmAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
Boo the F hoo. None of that comes close to explaining her sudden change. Might as well have her stub her step on a lego and then turn into Hitler. At least that makes a little more sense.


She was crazy all along. You know this.
No, we don't. NOTHING she did prior to hearing those bells was remotely crazy.

It would literally be like Indiana Jones deciding to use the Ark to take over the world at the end of Raiders. That level of stupidity.
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arya is going to try and kill Dany, but will get caught. Dany will command that Jon carry Arya to Drogon, who will eat her alive, and he will do it. This is the best possible ending. Total insanity and terror reigning.
LegacySuitesandSolutions
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We should all just be content that at least they finally had a battle we could see clearly!
Legacy Suites & Solutions: Concierge Officing ,Conferencing, and Collaborative Space . (979)704-5385 www.LegacyExecutiveSuites.com . Office Space You Will Be Proud Of.
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yup. This show had shown that it was capable of so much more. So much better storytelling. This isn't the worst thing ever. It's just disappointing that something with the peak this show had has felt so rushed to finish.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Memphis 7 said:

Sincere question:

(As someone who doesn't follow the things behind the show)

Why are they in such a rush to wrap this up? Why end the show this season-or in 6 episodes?
I have a theory it has to do with them being offered Star Wars.
cisgenderedAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A better ending might involve an Arya body with a Drogon face asking Gendry to call it daddy.
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Dog Lord said:

D&D just said on the Inside the Episode that she hadn't decided to do this until sitting there and seeing the Red Keep. Then she decided to make it personal. Okay...


They are full of caca de merde.

GRRM built the foundation, walls and put the roof up.










Those two picked out the curtains.
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

D&D just said on the Inside the Episode that she hadn't decided to do this until sitting there and seeing the Red Keep. Then she decided to make it personal. Okay...
Did he really say that?

Said she saw the Red Keep as a symbol of everything that was taken from her, and that is when she decides to make it personal. They also said that even there is a chilling aspect to how she reacts to the death of her enemies (like Viserys), we likely wouldn't have seen this side of Dany without these most recent events (death of Missandei and Jon's parentage coming to light).
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Two rushed seasons cost us effectively telling the story of Dany losing her ***** Which has blown the story.

I could buy her backing into a corner, slowly losing it, and deciding fear was her way to ruling and keeping the throne. But they didn't do a good job of building it.

I don't think so..... she did everything she could to NOT go this way since coming to Westeros. She did what Tyrion, wanted what Jon wanted, etc etc.....

And for the last 2 seasons she has had her ass handed to her repeatedly because of the advice and actions of others and ultimately lost 75% of her army and 2 dragons and

And if you look back. In EVERY critical situation for Dany in the entire series..... in the end she gets her way by ignoring any advice (from Jorah, Missandei, Grey Worm, Tyrion) to do it nice and just BURNING **** UP.


1. walked into a burning fire pyre and walked out with 3 dragons

2. went into the house of the undying alone to rescue her dragons and burned the guy alive

3. Traded for the Unsullied and then Dracarys-ed the slave trader and then ordered the unsullied to kill the rest

4. Walked alone into the Khal temple and killed them all with fire and walked out

5. Under attack in an assassination attempt in the dragon pit she mounted the dragon, torched people and flew off.

6. Returned to Mereen amidst an assault and unleashed Drogon on the ships and slayed the masters and loosed the dothraki on the harpy's

It's ALWAYS been her answer.



Bravo! ZJS gets it. Don't know why so many others didn't see it coming,
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MaroonStain said:

The Dog Lord said:

D&D just said on the Inside the Episode that she hadn't decided to do this until sitting there and seeing the Red Keep. Then she decided to make it personal. Okay...


They are full of caca de merde.

GRRM built the foundation, walls and put the roof up.










Those two picked out the curtains.
They honestly should stop doing those interviews.
Dave Robicheaux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fenrir said:

Yup. This show had shown that it was capable of so much more. So much better storytelling. This isn't the worst thing ever. It's just disappointing that something with the peak this show had has felt so rushed to finish.
Even the Wire ended badly. I don't remember 1 show that ended with complete satisfaction.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The whole Varys execution scene was awesome. His moment with Tyrion and then the dragon popping up behind Dany.
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
this episode was AMAZINGLY better than any other episode this season. I am so happy, sucks to be those of you who are big mad online about it.
Page 316 of 418
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.