****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,571 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My point is they went from :"I'll save the realm of men" to burning everyone in a couple of episodes. The speed jacked up the transition. I get where this was headed and it's what I was actually hoping for and expected. It's been headed this way, but the speed of the final switch was just extreme IMO. I'm glad we didn't get the happy ending nor was I ever expecting it. I just wanted a little more sign of cruelty capability. The Tarly thing was weak sauce
LB12Diamond
AG
And she gave Cersei the chance last week to surrender.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Cracking one open just so that I can pour some out for the homie Euron, who straight up lost to a dude he impaled twice in the abdomen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SgtBarbarossa
People here are just used to ****ting all over this season. That episode was ****ing great, no screwing around and got to the point with crazy **** going down, fully in a game of thrones fashion. Seriously, rewatch the series and this episode was perfectly in line. The Frankenstein/Cleganebowl was badass too.

Jamie/Cersie death was weak, but everything else was great. I have a ton of complaints about this season (and the last two) but this episode actually fixed my feelings on a bunch of them. D&D screwed themselves with the short season and how they've handles storylines, but they don't deserve hate for this episode (other than Jamie and Cersie)
chiken
AG
I liked that Arya thanked Sandor, but I was disappointed how quickly she gave up her goal to kill Cersei. Unless, was he saying he would take care of it and don't become like he is.
G Martin 87
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
combat wombat™
AG
Maybe they rushed Dany going crazy. But I don't think it was all that rushed... she's been ruthless. Jon's parentage coming out, the people of Westeros not adoring her, and Misandei being killed, just kind of brought everything to a head.

Cra Cra is what she was destined for.
The Dog Lord
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Who couldn't see that Dany was crazy and would do exactly this? She was happy to see her brother melted down with a boiling pot of gold. She was always cray

He threatened to kill her and her unborn child and also said he'd let tens of thousands of men and their horses rape her. Killing him isn't being crazy.
PatAg
AG
The thing they have probably done the best on with this show, and hopefully they continue with in the future on whatever they work on...they are great at casting and choosing excellent actors for all roles.
MaroonStain
AG
Face it...

This episode was what the season, entire TV series and GRRM intended - complete devastation and annihilation.

Dany was going to attain the Iron Throne. She said she was going to "Break the Wheel." Her circle had turned against her, Jon spurned her, Missandei beheaded by Cersei. There was going to be no surrender.

To note, Martin is a huge Civil War buff and dislikes war and its effects. North broke the South. Russia broke Germany. US - Japan. Napoleon broken. Carthage broken. On and on...

That was a George RR Martin episode. That was seasons 1-5.

Now...Arya...go do your job...
chipotle
I've thought this season has been s*** but damn that was some good tv tonight. Got the feels during the Tyrion Jamie goodbye.
chase128
AG
Dany just needed to get laid c'mon Jon
aggieloko
AG
That was fun. Happy Mother's Day from the Mother of Dragons...
WestAustinAg
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

If you think this season is good, you're a simpleton who is entertained by bright lights and loud noises.

I loved this episode and it redeemed the season. Full stop.

Those who didn't like it are just hurt that their ridiculously simplistic happy ending didnt and couldn't happen the way they wanted it to.

I laugh at your sad attempt to criticize those of us who think this is exactly the way the show should end. Dark. Insane. Total GRRM. 100%.
Engine10
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

If you think this season is good, you're a simpleton who is entertained by bright lights and loud noises.

Yeah? I think you're wrong.

I've loved this show start to finish because I'm letting it unfold as they tell it, not trying to predict what's going to happen or interject what I want to happen. It's been a fun, wild ride the whole way through.

Enjoy being mad though!
chipotle
Robert(gendry) rebellion part 2 begins. Looking real smart dany giving that bastage a title.
P.C. Principal
Barbarossa said:

People here are just used to ****ting all over this season. That episode was ****ing great, no screwing around and got to the point with crazy **** going down, fully in a game of thrones fashion. Seriously, rewatch the series and this episode was perfectly in line. The Frankenstein/Cleganebowl was badass too.

Jamie/Cersie death was weak, but everything else was great. I have a ton of complaints about this season (and the last two) but this episode actually fixed my feelings on a bunch of them. D&D screwed themselves with the short season and how they've handles storylines, but they don't deserve hate for this episode (other than Jamie and Cersie)
This. I get the disappointment with this season as a whole but now I'm tired of the "this was LITERALLY the worst season of any show EVARRR" circlejerk.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
chase128 said:

Except she didn't change personalities last minute.

She's always had a crazy side and it's leaked out here and there.

When she said Let it be fear to Jon I knew she'd had enough. I didn't want her to go scorched earth but I wasn't surprised.
Yep, she wants to be loved, but finally rationed she would have to rule by fear...

They've set her switch up pretty well... they've been questioning and checking her for 3 seasons, Varys turning and being so convicted his death words "hope im wrong for your sakes"; Jon not reciprocating the incest love and having a better claim; Dany being miffed at Winterfell because they love Jon more than her, etc.

She snapped. I don't think she should have razed all of KL, but should have utterly destroyed the Red Keep from the get go, but that's what I like about this - she went super cray cray... it was expected for her to go a little crazy, but she just jumped into the deep end... she's now become unforgivable.

I think Jon, Tyrion, and the rest will usurp her very quickly to end the show.
aggietony2010
AG
MaroonStain said:

Face it...

This episode was what the season, entire TV series and GRRM intended - complete devastation and annihilation.

Dany was going to attain the Iron Throne. She said she was going to "Break the Wheel." Her circle had turned against her, Jon spurned her, Missandei beheaded by Cersei. There was going to be no surrender.

To note, Martin is a huge Civil War buff and dislikes war and its effects. North broke the South. Russia broke Germany. US - Japan. Napoleon broken. Carthage broken. On and on...

This. The plot may have been rushed, but the ending being about the horrors of war is pretty much in line with GRRMs thinking. Events might be wrong, but if the books are ever finished, I bet the endings will at least be consistent in theme.
The Dog Lord
AG
D&D just said on the Inside the Episode that she hadn't decided to do this until sitting there and seeing the Red Keep. Then she decided to make it personal. Okay...
PatAg
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.
You just made the same point you are complaining about in your first sentence. It's not done well, it's bad writing.
WestAustinAg
AG
MaroonStain said:

Face it...

Exactly right in all counts.
EFE
AG
Welp. She broke the ****ing wheel alright. Now what?
agsquirrel97
AG
While watching Varys die to dragon fire it hit me, only my uneducated guess but I will tag it in case you don't want to read my prediction.

Dany told Tyrion he was out of chances, she will kill him and she will use Drogon to execute him. BUT, he is a Targaryen like we used to think and he will walk out of the fire alive. That makes him her older brother and the rightful heir.!

Of course, Arya gonna kill Dany after watching her go cray cray and kill the girl and her mother.
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
AggieDPT
AG
Dany wanted to just burn the city at first, and Varys and Tyrion calmed her down. Well one is dead, and the other probably gets executed next week.
BarKeep_03
AG

Expectations subverted!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Two rushed seasons cost us effectively telling the story of Dany losing her ***** Which has blown the story.

I could buy her backing into a corner, slowly losing it, and deciding fear was her way to ruling and keeping the throne. But they didn't do a good job of building it.

I don't think so..... she did everything she could to NOT go this way since coming to Westeros. She did what Tyrion, wanted what Jon wanted, etc etc.....

And for the last 2 seasons she has had her ass handed to her repeatedly because of the advice and actions of others and ultimately lost 75% of her army and 2 dragons and

And if you look back. In EVERY critical situation for Dany in the entire series..... in the end she gets her way by ignoring any advice (from Jorah, Missandei, Grey Worm, Tyrion) to do it nice and just BURNING **** UP.

1. walked into a burning fire pyre and walked out with 3 dragons

2. went into the house of the undying alone to rescue her dragons and burned the guy alive

3. Traded for the Unsullied and then Dracarys-ed the slave trader and then ordered the unsullied to kill the rest

4. Walked alone into the Khal temple and killed them all with fire and walked out

5. Under attack in an assassination attempt in the dragon pit she mounted the dragon, torched people and flew off.

6. Returned to Mereen amidst an assault and unleashed Drogon on the ships and slayed the masters and loosed the dothraki on the harpy's

It's ALWAYS been her answer.

aTmAg
AG
G Martin 87 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
Boo the F hoo. None of that comes close to explaining her sudden change. Might as well have her stub her toe on a lego and then turn into Hitler. At least that makes a little more sense.
Liquid Wrench
chiken said:

I liked that Arya thanked Sandor, but I was disappointed how quickly she gave up her goal to kill Cersei. Unless, was he saying he would take care of it and don't become like he is.
I think Sandor (and the crumbling building) convinced her that Cersei was gonna die.

More importantly, he warned her not to become like him and got her to stop long enough to remember some of her humanity. That's why she thanked him. It was a good scene.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Great episode. Unlike the prior episodes, I don't have huge issues with this ep.

Hopefully the Stark vs Targarin is just as good.
PatAg
AG
The Dog Lord said:

D&D just said on the Inside the Episode that she hadn't decided to do this until sitting there and seeing the Red Keep. Then she decided to make it personal. Okay...
Did he really say that?
Old Tom Morris
PatAg said:

Old Tom Morris said:

You just made the same point you are complaining about in your first sentence. It's not done well, it's bad writing.
I mean the final step/transition. Try to keep up.
Propane & Accessories
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Who couldn't see that Dany was crazy and would do exactly this? She was happy to see her brother melted down with a boiling pot of gold. She was always cray

Well her brother was an a## so not the best example.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
combat wombat™
AG
Like.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

About hallway through... So after building up the scorpions as these ulta-weapon dragon killers, Dany uses the same tactic that D&D went to painful lengths to show us was obsolete last episode, except it incinerates everything this time.

Awesome battle visuals so far and it's still a fun show, but the drop in drama quality is painfully noticeable.

She did a little different. to me she came in initially at a very steep angle. they didn't seem to be able t go that high easily and had to adjust them giving her the chance to get close to begin with. then she did seem to swing around and come in from different angles quickly before they could react and turn (as was said they were front mounted and not easily turned). And for the castle she came from the inside first again (not show but likely) coming in a steep dive and then from behind.

First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.