****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,262 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Right now on first take from a writing point of view - motivation,etc... the only part I have an issue with is Cersei and Jamie. Making that the true love story of GOT and trying to make me have ANY sympathy for them was blech vomit....F them. And F you for trying D&D.

For The Hound... I'm ok with it. Couldn't kill The Mountain any other way it seemed. Bravo Sandor Clegane.

The Grey Worm anger and rage I get and Dany's turn I mean honestly that's been foreshadowed and warned and building for 7 seasons. That's justified in her story and arc anway. Surprised they went full mad queen but it was always there and always possible You can't say that was out of the blue.

This won't be popular and for that I actually kind of applaud them.

PatAg
AG
We need someone to make a list of everyone that liked that episode and this season..
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I could see GRRM telling them that when he told them the ending. The white Knight destroying the whole city when it had already surrendered sounds very GRRM.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BarKeep_03
AG
Brock Sampson said:

BarKeep_03 said:

Even the wife thought this was a bad episode, and she's a casual watcher. **** story telling when you're getting pulled out of the action asking "Why would the character do that?"

Why do mad people do what they do?

Well if we knew the answer to that they wouldn't be mad!

7+ seasons of character arc building, motivations, etc

Season 8: duuuur now she goes mad

Don't get me started on other characters we talked about
bonfarr
AG
I thought the episode was great not sure why all the whinging.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Brock Sampson
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

When a Queen on the brink who just lost her best friend and has a giant dragon and an army outside a major city comes on to you, you give it up, Jon snow, and make her eyes roll. This is all on you

POTD
The Dog Lord
AG
ATM1876 said:

- "It was me."
- "I hope I deserve this. Truly, I do. I hope I'm wrong. Goodbye, old friend."

Was really tough to see
Old Tom Morris
Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.
aTmAg
AG
WestAustinAg said:

aTmAg said:

I've been a defender of the show. I'm off the bandwagon. That is exactly how I would have written the show if I found out the GRRM molested my children and wanted to piss off his fans.

Good. You're off the bandwagon with 80 minutes to go. ****ing hilarious.
I will still watch it, but only because there is 80 minutes left. If there was another 2 seasons to go, then I'd drop it like Walking Dead.
aggiejim70
AG
For those of us who came in late and didn't pay attention. Wasn't Lady Mormont in the funeral pyre? Wondering how this could be since she was "transformed" by the Night King prior to his death. Shouldn't she have just "blown up" like we saw so many do?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

mathguy86 said:

Martin said it and no one listened. It does not have a happy ending.
He said it was "Bittersweet."

Not "Dany changes personalities in a split-second and Drogon turns into Mount Vesuvius."

WTF did I just watch?

I assumed she would destroy the Red Keep because of vision. Was not expecting all of the soldiers, including - apparently - Northern soldiers ignoring Jon Snow, to go genocide on the civilians.

WTF.

ahem......

It's also..... NOT OVER YET
aggiebonzo
AG
Dude... we get it. You don't like this season but quit spamming this thread letting everyone know how much you disapprove. Go find a new thread for a show you do like.
agsquirrel97
AG
aTmAg said:

I've been a defender of the show. I'm off the bandwagon. That is exactly how I would have written the show if I found out the GRRM molested my children and wanted to piss off his fans.
Awesome.

I have always been opposite of you and to know that I hated episodes 3 and 4 and I jumped up at the end of 5 and said **** YEAH!

I didn't think I could like this episode more until I came here and read how much you hated it!!!

**** yeah!
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
chase128
AG
Except she didn't change personalities last minute.

She's always had a crazy side and it's leaked out here and there.

When she said Let it be fear to Jon I knew she'd had enough. I didn't want her to go scorched earth but I wasn't surprised.
Fenrir
Really liked the sandor/Arya and Tyrion/varys(these 2 always make great scenes). Enjoyed the spectacle of the rest but the story telling is just...meh. I wanted more than fast and the furious storytelling.
chipotle
This is what happens when you break up with your aunt. Welcome back Game of Thrones. Welcome back.
gigemJTH12
AG
Tyrion should have been down there and killed Cersei in front of Jamie. Woulda been dope.
WestAustinAg
AG
C@LAg said:

to annie and her ilk.

yes. some of you do need to chill the f out.

This is a discussion forum, If some of us want to rant, we can rant. Just as easily as you tell us to scroll down and skip something we do not like, follow your own suggestions.

You do not like the conversation here, you can always log off.

So butthurt.
GenericAggie
AG
I love that Dany went crazy. It makes sense. She's always had crazy I'm her, as evident by her torching the Tullys (tollys?).

I knew it was going to go full crazyland. It didn't disappoint.

I do believe they could have had 1 more season, to bring the story along.
chase128
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

THANK YOU
combat wombat™
AG
F***

I don't think there's an iron throne anymore.

I think Jon or Arya are going to take Dany down. She went full-on mad queen, as expected. She's gone further to The Darkside than Darth Vader did.

Gendry winds up on the "iron throne".
LB12Diamond
AG
Great episode!

What I like best is the intrigue left to see what happens next week
The Dog Lord
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
chase128
AG
And you should probably calm down yourself!
G Martin 87
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Two rushed seasons cost us effectively telling the story of Dany losing her ***** Which has blown the story.

I could buy her backing into a corner, slowly losing it, and deciding fear was her way to ruling and keeping the throne. But they didn't do a good job of building it.
That's ridiculous, When you look back from here throughout the series from the beginning, they've been building to this all along.

If you thought this was going to have a happy ending....
WestAustinAg
AG
Who couldn't see that Dany was crazy and would do exactly this? She was happy to see her brother melted down with a boiling pot of gold. She was always cray
Dro07
AG
She was a Wight and from what I remember only the whites shattered like that.
chase128
AG
Yeah I agree with you here. I was hoping Jamie had changed and it disappointed me to see him crawling back to Cersei
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dany: "I didn't come here to be queen of the ashes."

chase128
AG
That upset, huh?
Seven Costanza
AG
It's a very different show than it was during the first few seasons, but I still really enjoyed it.

It's almost as they thought they had 20 more episodes left, but then someone said "hey, we're only giving you six more. And the scripts are due by the end of next month."
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Loved the episode.

But what do I know....I'm just a CASUAL FAN apparently
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Right now on first take from a writing point of view - motivation,etc... the only part I have an issue with is Cersei and Jamie. Making that the true love story of GOT and trying to make me have ANY sympathy for them was blech vomit....F them. And F you for trying D&D.

For The Hound... I'm ok with it. Couldn't kill The Mountain any other way it seemed. Bravo Sandor Clegane.

The Grey Worm anger and rage I get and Dany's turn I mean honestly that's been foreshadowed and warned and building for 7 seasons. That's justified in her story and arc anway. Surprised they went full mad queen but it was always there and always possible You can't say that was out of the blue.

This won't be popular and for that I actually kind of applaud them.
It wasn't always there. They have been talking as if it was always there without any real basis other than "her dad was mad". Nothing she did prior to this episode earned her the "mad" title.

And I thought the Star Wars prequels did a pathetic job of explaining how Anikin turned dark. GoT put that crappy ass writing to shame. The bells started ringing and she literally decided.. "well I'm going to give insanity a shot."
First Page Last Page
Page 314 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.