****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,289 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If dany just leaves the rest to live and goes and lives elsewhere and Jon and Arya go live in Winterfell happily ever after that's gonna be super lame.

But I can see it happening.

My Dad Earl
AG
Well Dany carried out her fathers wishes.. "Burn them all"
The Dog Lord
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

I admit I was hoping she'd burn it all and am fairly satisfied with the end result. And if you step back, you can understand a lot of the reasons of why she's gone the way she did. I get the motivations - playing nice burned her in Essos, everyone in her life has betrayed her, fear is how she sees her way to ruling. But they needed to show us a little more capability of cruelty or madness from her leading up.

That's exactly the issue though. This episode was awesome in the "holy ****" type of way, and it's a crazy ending to the story.

It may even be in line with what GRRM has planned. I'm sure there are other examples of stories where a main protagonist becomes an antagonist at the end, but they may not have been drawn out as long as this story. I have to imagine that GRRM will do it in a more gradual way though or at least do it at a point that makes sense. After the battle is won was the time, or are we supposed to think it has been her plan since maybe Missandei died? Also, I could've seen her burning the Red Keep and killing civilians in the process, but she burnt the city first.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Episode was incredible. The Hound fight was the best, such a great ending. Sad that Jaime ended the way he did, but at least he got to take out Westerosi Bam Margera.
Aggie12B
AG
WOW, JUST WOW
Joseph Parrish
AG
Brock Sampson said:

How could you not be entertained by Clegane Bowl?! That was epic!

Qyburn more OP at raising the dead than the Night King...
JJxvi
AG
Brock Sampson said:

That was good. They ruined it with the ridiculous Arya cuts though
annie88
AG
aTmAg
AG
I've been a defender of the show. I'm off the bandwagon. That is exactly how I would have written the show if I found out the GRRM molested my children and wanted to piss off his fans.
My Dad Earl
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Shout out to Varys. He was 100% right. Didn't deserve to die.

I think Tyrion was regretting his decision to turn him in...
CFTXAG10
AG
Best part of that episode: Mountain hulk smashing Qyburn
WestAustinAg
AG
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Remember last week when people said "No way idiots, Jaime isn't going back to Cersi....". Ruined his damn arc.

Never ending smirk. Saw it.
BarKeep_03
AG
Even the wife thought this was a bad episode, and she's a casual watcher. **** story telling when you're getting pulled out of the action asking "Why would the character do that?"
ramblin_ag02
AG
When a Queen on the brink who just lost her best friend and has a giant dragon and an army outside a major city comes on to you, you give it up, Jon snow, and make her eyes roll. This is all on you
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
Gendry takeover setting up nicely

The Dog Lord
AG
aTmAg said:

I've been a defender of the show. I'm off the bandwagon. That is exactly how I would have written the show if I found out the GRRM molested my children and wanted to piss off his fans.

annie88
AG
And Cersei better really be dead. I was really disappointed that Jamie didn't kill her himself, but as long as she's really dead I'm good. He wasn't going to survive those stab wounds anyway.
Trident 88
AG
JJxvi said:

Brock Sampson said:

I don't think they ruined it at all, and I thought the Arya cuts were kind of cool. They flowed nicely.
WestAustinAg
AG
aTmAg said:

Good. You're off the bandwagon with 80 minutes to go. ****ing hilarious.
tailgatetimer10
AG
thepartygoat said:

All that ash Arya was walking through gave me 9/11 flashbacks....

Great Episode though!

100%
Brock Sampson
AG
BarKeep_03 said:

Even the wife thought this was a bad episode, and she's a casual watcher. **** story telling when you're getting pulled out of the action asking "Why would the character do that?"

Why do mad people do what they do?

Well if we knew the answer to that they wouldn't be mad!
The Dog Lord
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

When a Queen on the brink who just lost her best friend and has a giant dragon and an army outside a major city comes on to you, you give it up, Jon snow, and make her eyes roll. This is all on you

Lol. Dany is just sexually frustrated. It's the Targaryen equivalent of a crazy girl keying a guy's car.
wangus12
AG
JJxvi said:

Brock Sampson said:

I did like the little exchange between Sandor and Arya. Hopefully it finally sticks with her that revenge isn't the road she needs to take
annie88
AG
aTmAg said:

Good thing for you there's only one episode left then. You don't have to suffer too long.

Seriously some of you Need to chill the **** out. If you don't like the way it's ending then big ****ing deal you don't like it. Some of us do. Don't watch the last episode then, don't know what else to tell you.

You can be disappointed I guess but *****ing and moaning about it aint gonna do a damn bit of good. There was no way this was season was going to thrill everybody anyway. It's a TV show.
hbc07
AG
Qyburns death was great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also shoutout to the amazing Ramin Djawadi. Worked in all the major themes beautifully into this episode.
gambochaman
AG
That
Was

EPIC
Liquid Wrench
mathguy86 said:

Martin said it and no one listened. It does not have a happy ending.
He said it was "Bittersweet."

Not "Dany changes personalities in a split-second and Drogon turns into Mount Vesuvius."

WTF did I just watch?

I assumed she would destroy the Red Keep because of vision. Was not expecting all of the soldiers, including - apparently - Northern soldiers ignoring Jon Snow, to go genocide on the civilians.

WTF.
WestAustinAg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Episode was incredible. The Hound fight was the best, such a great ending. Sad that Jaime ended the way he did, but at least he got to take out Westerosi Bam Margera.

My favorite episode of the 8 seasons. How could it not be? Unbelievable.
PatAg
AG
annie88 said:

aTmAg said:

Good thing for you there's only one episode left then. You don't have to suffer too long.

Seriously some of you Need to chill the **** out. If you don't like the way it's ending then big ****ing deal you don't like it. Some of us do. Don't watch the last episode then, don't know what else to tell you.

You can be disappointed I guess but *****ing and moaning about it aint gonna do a damn bit of good. There was no way this was season was going to thrill everybody anyway. It's a TV show.
This thread is for discussing the show, whether you like something or dont.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
Quote:

Seriously some of you Need to chill the **** out.
most overused phrase on Texags
Fenrir
annie88 said:

aTmAg said:

You're acting like he tied you up and forced you to agree with or like his opinion. **** off with all the goaltending. People can dislike the direction the show has taken without a bunch of infants getting butthurt.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

You can be disappointed I guess but *****ing and moaning about it aint gonna do a damn bit of good.
I think you know what message boards are for, Grammaw.
mazzag
AG
Trident 88 said:

JJxvi said:

Brock Sampson said:

I don't think they ruined it at all, and I thought the Arya cuts were kind of cool. They flowed nicely.

The cuts were awesome. Sandor went there to die. He didn't want the same for her. Every hit he took she did as well but both got up.
First Page Last Page
Page 313 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.