****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,471 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Dog Lord said:

SoTXAg09 said:

They're obviously morons, but not surprising. Personal would've been destroying Cersei in the Red Keep (which is what I expected), not massacring hundreds of thousands of people.

Exactly. The civilian massacre is what I don't get. That is Mad Queen. Personal is killing civilians as collateral damage when destroying the Red Keep because your enemies are in there.

Don't try to get it. There was absolutely no reason. It was dumb as *****
cisgenderedAggie
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I find it hard to believe that Bran will claim the Iron Throne and Jon returning to Castle Black after killing Dany in the end.

Eso si, Que es
agsquirrel97 said:

Episode IV said:

Favorite parts:

1. The Hound and Arya dialogue
2. The Tyrion & Jamie farewell
3. Jon finally having the shadow lifted on Dany; she's unworthy
4. Zombie Gregor smashing Qyburn... it was great, because it shows how fast and frail life can end
5. Arya perspective from the ground the last 10 minutes
6. Euron dying thinking he killed Jamie (he kinda did I guess, but really it was the imploding red keep)

I'm sorry, last week was your week, we don't really care about your opinion of episode V

User name doesn't check out

But seriously, Varys execution was top 2 at least
Varys was #1 scene IMO
Dro07
AG
a man has no throne
Belton Ag
AG
This fulfills Dany's vision of the burnt and destroyed throne room from years ago. It had to happen like this.
ac04
bunch of grown men on here melting down harder than king's landing did. lmao
investorAg83
AG
Anyone else picture the Hitler bunker speech when Qyburn is breaking all the bad news to Cersei?? Lol
PatAg
AG
Also in the books and show, dont they mention/show Harrenhall having melted tops of battlements and blacked walls and whatnot. Why is it suddenly able to explode towers? I know the answer is "just accept it" but thats not a good enough reason for me.
I think having her take out the ships and scorpions on the wall was great. Of course she would be able to burn up the houses and whatnot
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Let's not forget that Bran saw this coming in his visions and told no one. If this was the reason he decided it was so important to tell Jon before the Battle of Winterfell I'm disappointed.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
would be pretty awesome to see Gendry rowing up to Kings landing to accept his crown.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
investorAg83 said:

Anyone else picture the Hitler bunker speech when Qyburn is breaking all the bad news to Cersei?? Lol
EXACTLY what I told my wife. This is probably what Hitler's bunker looked and sounded like in its last hours before he swallowed the pill and put a bullet in.
PatAg
AG
ac04 said:

more like exloded
Old Tom Morris
Hope Westeros has a lot of structural engineers at the ready.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

WestAustinAg said:

aTmAg said:

G Martin 87 said:

The Dog Lord said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Some of you thinking her split personality flipped in an instant need to step back and look at some of the themes that have happened with her from the beginning of the series. There is a clear path to the possibility of this happening. I just think the rushed ending of the past couple of seasons robbed us of seeing the transition done more smoothly.

A lot of the events that people try to use to point it out, like burning the Tarlys, aren't very convincing though. She gave them a chance to surrender.
Until Cersei had Missandei beheaded, Jon and Varys and Tyrion all betrayed her, and she realized finally that she was utterly alone and unloved. Did not need 3 more episodes to establish that.
Boo the F hoo. None of that comes close to explaining her sudden change. Might as well have her stub her step on a lego and then turn into Hitler. At least that makes a little more sense.

She was crazy all along. You know this.
No, we don't. NOTHING she did prior to hearing those bells was remotely crazy.

It would literally be like Indiana Jones deciding to use the Ark to take over the world at the end of Raiders. That level of stupidity.

Remind me when Indiana jones had previously burned people multiple times? Or when he had torched his enemies that wouldn't kneel? Or ordered any executions deserved or not?
The execution of the Tarly's was far more deserved than Ned's execution of that dude in S1E1. This whole line is ridiculous. She was the beacon of mercy compared to her contemporaries in the show and those in real life during a similar time period.

Face it.. the show freaking laid a big fat egg. I was defending the crap out of it until tonight. I haven't been a blind hater like SWAG.
BigTimeAlum
AG
PatAg said:

Also in the books and show, dont they mention/show Harrenhall having melted tops of battlements and blacked walls and whatnot. Why is it suddenly able to explode towers? I know the answer is "just accept it" but thats not a good enough reason for me.
I think having her take out the ships and scorpions on the wall was great. Of course she would be able to burn up the houses and whatnot

Haarenhal was the greatest castle ever. A true impenetrable fortress. The walls were too thick to be destroyed. So they melted....
PatAg
AG
The hard part about these threads is figuring out who has genuine reasons and logic for feeling the way they do, and who is just blindly hopping on either bandwagon (show is still great, or show is no longer great)

Because those people are the worst. I guess currently it's cool to hate on the show, so people dogpile just because..and then you have people who will just decide to defend the show BECAUSE its being dogpiled
TyHolden
AG
So bran is the mad king? He knew this would happen! Treason everywhere!
PatAg
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

PatAg said:

Haarenhal was the greatest castle ever. A true impenetrable fortress. The walls were too thick to be destroyed. So they melted....
Those dragons were also bigger, I believe. Good point though.
Deputy Travis Junior
Wow. Coming down the home stretch of a crap season with another crap episode. In the same way that they used the scorpions to kill Rhaegar last episode because they had to kill him to make the plot work, they were very heavy handed with her decent into insanity. The subtle character development and progression is completely gone.

Qyburn's death was ****ing hilarious though.
aTmAg
AG
ac04 said:

Weird how pointing out crappy writing is now going down as "melting down"?

It's just a show. I haven't been dedicating 10 years of my life to it. I binged the previous seasons several months ago. But it's okay to admit that the writing since GRRM's story ran out has been poor to now outright dreadful.
StringerBell
AG
Finally got done

That was fantastic
TCTTS
AG
I wonder how long this tweet stays up, from one of Hollywood's biggest producers...

MaroonStain
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

PatAg said:

Twin Towers
Dresden
Chicago
London
Nagasaki
Hiroshima

Fire is rather awful.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

Quote:

It was always there - she always resorted to ignoring advice and torching everyone. ALWAYS

1. walked into a burning fire pit and walked out with 3 dragons
Not crazy. She knew she could withstand it, and was trying to earn her position and respect back.
Quote:

2. went into the house of the undying alone to rescue her dragons and burned the guy alive
Self defense. Not crazy.
Quote:

3. Traded for the Unsullied and then Dracarys-ed the slave trader and then ordered the unsullied to kill the rest
Smart, not crazy.
Quote:

4. Walked alone into the Khal temple and killed them all with fire and walked out
Again, not crazy.
Quote:

5. Under attack in an assassination attempt in the dragon pit she mounted the dragon, torched people and flew off.
Again, self defense. Not crazy.

Quote:

6. Returned to Mereen amidst an assault and unleashed Drogon on the ships and slayed the masters and loosed the dothraki on the harpy's
Not crazy.

Of course she is going to use fire. That is power that she has. Guess what? Bruce Lee used karate a lot. Nobody would bat an eye that he would use karate to solve all his problems. What people would ask, "WTF?" about is if 7/8ths through a Bruce Lee movie, if he decided to completely change character and use his karate skills to suddenly kick the crap out of children because he heard a bell ring.

Who ever said Crazy??? i never did. I said her response was always there - it's what she did when backed in a corner. she ignored advice and used fire.

When I saw it was always there I'm saying it was always there the potential to go this way based on her behaviors. you can justify them saying she was backed in a corner or self defense or whatever but she always used this tactic.

And this was an extreme - yes - no doubt. But I can't believe anyone is surprised either because it's not just like sudden.

lost 75% of her army
lost 2 dragons
not the best claim to the throne any more - which was her entire life belief and goal
betrayed by Varys, Tyrion, Jon
feels like all of Westeros hates her anyway
watched her most trusted advisor get executed

given all of that and her signature move is burning everything... it's not out of the blue. It's the extreme result and culmination.

AggieDPT
AG
nm
Dro07
AG
I kinda feel bad for Howland Reed when he shows up... dude is toast
aTmAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I wonder how long this tweet stays up, from one of Hollywood's biggest producers...

Good lord. There is plenty to criticize. Going the whole "sexist" route is asinine.
TyHolden
AG
TCTTS said:

no idea who that is but this is why I love this show
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Definitely in the camp of "This is where it was always heading, but they turned the corner too fast." You're crazy if you don't think this is what Dany's story was always leading to. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to cut this season and last so short. Ten episodes each of these two seasons would have solved nearly every problem this show has had, including tonight's way-too-fast "turn." Benioff & Weiss will go down in history as the guys who had all the clout in the world, but got lazy and fumbled on the five yard line. It's just mind boggling.

yeah but if you have a Star Wars trilogy waiting on deck...... I do agree it should have been 10 episodes each of the last 2 seasons.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Trying to connect the dots. Bran sees this in his visions. Instead of telling Jon this, he tells him his lineage instead, which just ends up adding more fuel to Dany's fire... Why?
CFTXAG10
AG
I kinda loved how quickly Greyworm was ready to keep fighting once he saw Dany go mad queen. His revenge tour was pretty bada**
Olsen
AG
Jon going back to Castle Black in the end is like the ending of Lost all over again.
gigemJTH12
AG
I really liked it.

I think the writers wrote themselves into a hole this season with no many available options to close this out in a short period of time and that was a really freakin good way to go with it.

Not the best season writing wise. But tonight was really good for the options left.
Dro07
AG
Do they? I mean what if they piss off the majority of the fan base? Not the die hard but the other majority of people that just watch it.
MW03
AG
Haven't read any of my fellow nerds posts, so I'm sure yall are dissecting this to hell and talking about how bad it was or whatever. But first impression: that was awesome. Flip of the coin when a Targaryen is born, and you have two. Dany went personal against the Red Keep, Jon is the measured and hesitant King the realm needs.

I don't like Jamie going back to Cersei, but he loved her so it's whatever. Come into the world together, go out together. I'm just glad for the Sandor/Arya scene and that it wasn't Arya's kill.

I'll go back and read all the critiques and whatnot, but for now, for a fan of the show that's read the books, I really enjoyed this entire episode.
First Page Last Page
Page 318 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.