****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,503 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not to say they won't put armor on drogon but that's not really armor in that photo. It's a decorative part of his saddle. Balerion didn't need armor.

Edit: ****ed up dragon name
smokeythebear
AG
How many men did Stannis have when he stormed the wall? Does anyone know the numbers of both forces without including Drogon? Seems like the scorpions would be more of a waste against a traditional attack.
InternetFan02
AG
In the books the dragon's flesh could not be penetrated by the scorpion spears. Only a shot to the eye by a scorpion killed a dragon.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I suspect they will make dragon armor.
bobinator
AG
This seems unlikely to me.
mm98
AG
Barbarossa said:

Quote:

Bran wargs into Jaime in two time periods and murders Aerys and Cersei simultaneously!

I think Bran has to play some sort of big role in the upcoming episodes, otherwise his entire story was just a plot device to have the army of the dead get south of the wall, which in turn wasn't even the biggest conflict in the show. I felt the same way during the Battle of Winterfell when Bran just kind of reboots for a while instead of having some foreseen brilliance that helps turn the tide of the battle... he gave Arya a dagger but she was already loading up on weapons that could have done the job without him. Anyway, someone's probably thought out something similar before, but if Jamie gets to the throne room I hope Bran's involvement goes something like this:

Jamie arrives at King's Landing and attempts to gain Cersei's trust to get inside the city walls. Cersei eventually gives in as she is still carrying his child and might even feel guilty for bedding the pirate while Jamie was away and taking that finger in the bum... any time they've been apart for more than two episodes they always make up somehow so I don't think that would change here. Once inside the throne room, Jamie tries to plead with her to not go through with the battle as it will surly kill most of the citizens in the city and she pulls some "this is for us and our family" speech. Jamie kind of gives up on trying to convince her otherwise and watches the ongoing battle overlooking King's Landing, still torn on what to do.

Meanwhile Bran, knowing of Jamie and Cersei's history and knowing that they would inevitably meet in King's Landing, uses this opportunity to warg into Jamie and see through his eyes into the past. Jamie feels that something is wrong but still seems in control of his body and continues to watch the chaos of battle unfold around him, Targaryens still fighting Lannisters... but now they are on opposite sides of attack. He slowly begins to realize that he's no longer witnessing the Battle for the Seven Kingdoms, but instead it's the Sack of King's Landing twenty years prior. He returns to the throne room in a surreal daze and finds the Mad King standing at the foot of the throne, furious at Tywin Lannister's recent betrayal, yelling for his alchemists to "Burn them! Burn them all!" with the stockpiled wildfire underneath the city. Jamie finds himself suddenly standing at the throne, realizes the sword weighing heavy in his hand, then lifts and buries the blade into the Mad King's back. That instant he feels the haze leave his mind and can see clearly, looking around the room sensing that there is something different... he then slowly looks down and sees Cersei at the end of his blade, blood pooling around her as her last words, "burn them all", leave her. He stumbles backward, confused and frightened, onto the Iron Throne and realizes what he's done. All the bad things he's done in his life, all done in the name of his love for Cersei, are for nothing now... After fighting his way through the city, Jon finds Jamie sitting on the throne, just as Ned did all those years before, this time having slit his own throat.

Cut-scene to Bran, having just used Jamie to save King's Landing, defeat Cersei, and justify his purpose in the show, looking back through time at various family-member wedding nights and old craftsmen catalogs.

I'm calling it...

Final scene is S1 Bran waking up from his coma and realizing he saw a ten year vision of what lies ahead.

Closes with Yakety Sax playing during the credits.
smokeythebear
AG
I didn't realize they have scorpions in the books.
pagerman @ work
AG
Quote:

Closes with Yakety Sax playing during the credits.
There's part of me that would love this.
Bunk Moreland
Final scene is Arya showing up at Storm's End
EFE
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

I suspect they will make dragon armor.

Gendry just got blue balled HARD by Arya, I'd bet he's got some frustration that's to be pounded out
Zeke1995
AG
aggietoombs01 said:

Just a thought. What if Bran wargs into a bunch of crows, and forms the shape of a dragon to distract Euron's fleet with the scorpions. Then Dany comes in with Drogon from a diferent angle and has enough time to close the gap and set the whole fleet ablaze?
I read this as a "bunch of cows" at first and was confused, then figured out it was "crows," then realized how much more awesome it would be to form a bunch of cows into the shape of a dragon as a battlefield distraction.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggietoombs01 said:

Just a thought. What if Bran wargs into a bunch of crows, and forms the shape of a dragon to distract Euron's fleet with the scorpions. Then Dany comes in with Drogon from a diferent angle and has enough time to close the gap and set the whole fleet ablaze?

That's brilliant.
bearamedic99
AG
The carnage invoked would be a feast for crows
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

Liam (Davos) Cunningham was on Conan last night.

I have a feeling that means he bites it this week.
Bran was on and didnt die
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Charlie Conway
PatAg said:

C@LAg said:

Bran was on and didnt die
wrong, he died in that cave
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Grey Worm is pissed. I predict he and the Unsullied go into Beast Mode and kick some ass.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

HtownAg92 said:

Here's a question about theories: why is it when there is someone with an unknown background, there is always a theory that they are a Targaryen? Even sometimes there are theories of "being a Targ" for people we know exactly what their background is (e.g.Tyrion). Why must everyone be a Targ, and why would it matter if they were?

There's actually quite a bit of evidence that Tyrion could be a Targaryen, so it's not really 'everyone.'

- Tywin's 'you're no son of mine' line, he also said something about 'not being able to prove you're not mine' in an earlier season.
- The way Tyrion is able to interact with the dragons in Meereen without getting torched.
- From the books (supposedly) there's a lot of talk about problems in Targaryan birth's. For example we know Lyanna Stark died giving birth to Jon. We know Tyrion's mother also died in childbirth.

I also think it's pretty late in the game for this to happen, and I'm not sure what difference it would make anyway, but there's pretty decent evidence for that theory.

So did Daenerys mother - die in childbirth.

The three of them were always my ultimate winners - for the BOOKS - because GRRM loves the underdog from unlikely sources. And he likes symmetry and hidden backstories.

Dany - a woman with nothing, living in exile in Essos
Jon - an assumed ******* exiled to the Wall
Tyrion - dwarf and outcast of his own family, later falsely accused of murder and exiled too

All three in this world would usually have no chance to rule the 7 Kingdoms.

And if all three are actually Targs and all three of their mother's died in childbirth - ding ding ding.

It's very poetic.

But the bittersweet ending both the show and GRRM talk about leads me to believe one or more of them dies - but their legacy is known and secured.

Currently leads me to believe Dany ends up sacrificing herself for Jon OR gives birth to his heir (this would be epilogue stuff) but dies in childbirth and Jon the reluctant ruler is King. And Tyrion I'm afraid is executed for treason because he did something for the Lannisters but we end up finding out he was a Targ too and died for the Lannisters.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg said:

There is 0 correlation between those things.
hbc07
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Holding a boombox over her head playing "In Your Eyes"?
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
bearamedic99
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Grey Worm is pissed. I predict he and the Unsullied go into Beast Mode and kick some ass.

Does no one else care that this Unsullied is no longer Unsullied but caring?
Claude!
hbc07 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Holding a boombox over her head playing "In Your Eyes"?

No, holding up Cersei's severed head and making it mime the words to Jenny of Oldstones.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Is he truly castrated? I thought he and Messandei had sex?
Bregxit
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

bearamedic99 said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Is he truly castrated? I thought he and Messandei had sex?

I think he went muff diving and that was it.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Dude looked pretty horny to be sans nuts and testosterone.
Bregxit
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Dude looked pretty horny to be sans nuts and testosterone.

Maybe that psychogenic response referred to in the Bran boner article posted a while back.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BusterAg
AG
Thought, could bran warg the mountain?

He's not all there.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Thanks man. Appreciate the personal shot. Not sure why I deserved that. But I'm glad you have better knowledge of fantasy eunuch's sex propensity.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jenn96
AG
BusterAg said:

Thought, could bran warg the mountain?

He's not all there.

Actually, he probably can. Lots of potential there. Including Brans death because if you die warged you are dead too.
bonfarr
AG
They just scissored.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SIAP, this is pretty damn cool.

First Page Last Page
Page 296 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.