****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,709 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Here's a question about theories: why is it when there is someone with an unknown background, there is always a theory that they are a Targaryen? Even sometimes there are theories of "being a Targ" for people we know exactly what their background is (e.g.Tyrion). Why must everyone be a Targ, and why would it matter if they were?

Because of the books. "The dragon has three heads"
bearamedic99
AG
Speaking of traditional family names, would Dany and Jon's first born be named Aenys Targaryen?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
bonfarr said:

Seabreeze said:

Yep, stay away from the interwebs if you dont wana know what happens.

It's like passing a bad car wreck, you know you shouldn't look but you just can't stop yourself.
Spot on.
jenn96
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Here's a question about theories: why is it when there is someone with an unknown background, there is always a theory that they are a Targaryen? Even sometimes there are theories of "being a Targ" for people we know exactly what their background is (e.g.Tyrion). Why must everyone be a Targ, and why would it matter if they were?

Honestly, I think it's because there's a feeling among a lot of readers/viewers that the Targs have the most legitimate claim, so any free-lance Targs would ipso facto be contenders for the throne. Plus Jon actually DID turn out to be a Targ. And for readers the Blackfyre rebellions mean there are a lot of potential Targs out there. Most of it is just wishcasting in my opinion.

For Tyrion, people are trying to shoehorn him into prophecies, and in the books there's a hint that King Aerys lusted after his mom. Tywin also made remarks about Tyrion not being his son. I don't think it's true but it's not totally out of left field. I mostly just think that another hidden Targ reveal would be soap opera territory.
bonfarr
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Have some faith. This picture of health has some time and books in him yet.

There are 3 spinoffs underway already and he probably makes seven figures a year hanging out with fanboys at Comic Cons across the country. Not a chance the fat man gets back to the grind of writing novels again.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bangobango
AG
I think he finishes at least WoW.

Reading quotes from him, I think the way they've ended this might be inspiring him to get his story out there.
M.C. Swag
AG
bangobango said:

I think he finishes at least WoW.

Reading quotes from him, I think the way they've ended this might be inspiring him to get his story out there.
Has he said anything recently about wrapping up the story in 7 books? I know that was the original plan, but I just don't see how that happens with only 2 left.
bonfarr
AG
So what is Robin of Arryn up to these days, any chance he shows up to save the day? Has he gotten better with a bow? These are things I want to know.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
smokeythebear
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Y'all lost me. How did we get on a WW baby?

It's in Bran's vision - from way back.....the NK made a WW baby out of the last of Crasters male born.

PS - some people say we are not done with the WWs because of this - we never saw the baby's fate.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that was a Bran vision. That was simply the show showing us what happened to Craster's baby. The audience saw it live, not through Bran.
smokeythebear
AG
bonfarr said:

So what is Robin of Arryn up to these days, any chance he shows up to save the day? Has he gotten better with a bow? These are things I want to know.
Is the actor even included in the Season 8 cast? That's a rhetorical question because I don't really want a spoiler, but I sure hope they were smart enough to just invite him to the parties and not to any actual filming.
Fenrir
You are correct about the picture being used above. Bran did have a vision about crasters last child though iirc.
chipotle
bonfarr said:

him and tyrion in the end on the edge of kings landing discussing honey combs and jackasses. Credits
gigemJTH12
AG
Was there ever an explanation for Gendry calling himself Gendry Rivers? Isn't his ******* name Waters?
SgtBarbarossa
M.C. Swag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Was there ever an explanation for Gendry calling himself Gendry Rivers? Isn't his ******* name Waters?
Yes, and it was 1 of my 4,689 complaints. Didn't you read my manifesto?!
jenn96
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Gendry just kind of forgot his name was Waters
SgtBarbarossa

Quote:

Bran wargs into Jaime in two time periods and murders Aerys and Cersei simultaneously!

I think Bran has to play some sort of big role in the upcoming episodes, otherwise his entire story was just a plot device to have the army of the dead get south of the wall, which in turn wasn't even the biggest conflict in the show. I felt the same way during the Battle of Winterfell when Bran just kind of reboots for a while instead of having some foreseen brilliance that helps turn the tide of the battle... he gave Arya a dagger but she was already loading up on weapons that could have done the job without him. Anyway, someone's probably thought out something similar before, but if Jamie gets to the throne room I hope Bran's involvement goes something like this:

Jamie arrives at King's Landing and attempts to gain Cersei's trust to get inside the city walls. Cersei eventually gives in as she is still carrying his child and might even feel guilty for bedding the pirate while Jamie was away and taking that finger in the bum... any time they've been apart for more than two episodes they always make up somehow so I don't think that would change here. Once inside the throne room, Jamie tries to plead with her to not go through with the battle as it will surly kill most of the citizens in the city and she pulls some "this is for us and our family" speech. Jamie kind of gives up on trying to convince her otherwise and watches the ongoing battle overlooking King's Landing, still torn on what to do.

Meanwhile Bran, knowing of Jamie and Cersei's history and knowing that they would inevitably meet in King's Landing, uses this opportunity to warg into Jamie and see through his eyes into the past. Jamie feels that something is wrong but still seems in control of his body and continues to watch the chaos of battle unfold around him, Targaryens still fighting Lannisters... but now they are on opposite sides of attack. He slowly begins to realize that he's no longer witnessing the Battle for the Seven Kingdoms, but instead it's the Sack of King's Landing twenty years prior. He returns to the throne room in a surreal daze and finds the Mad King standing at the foot of the throne, furious at Tywin Lannister's recent betrayal, yelling for his alchemists to "Burn them! Burn them all!" with the stockpiled wildfire underneath the city. Jamie finds himself suddenly standing at the throne, realizes the sword weighing heavy in his hand, then lifts and buries the blade into the Mad King's back. That instant he feels the haze leave his mind and can see clearly, looking around the room sensing that there is something different... he then slowly looks down and sees Cersei at the end of his blade, blood pooling around her as her last words, "burn them all", leave her. He stumbles backward, confused and frightened, onto the Iron Throne and realizes what he's done. All the bad things he's done in his life, all done in the name of his love for Cersei, are for nothing now... After fighting his way through the city, Jon finds Jamie sitting on the throne, just as Ned did all those years before, this time having slit his own throat.

Cut-scene to Bran, having just used Jamie to save King's Landing, defeat Cersei, and justify his purpose in the show, looking back through time at various family-member wedding nights and old craftsmen catalogs.

gigemJTH12
AG
Yes I was wondering if there was like a good reason for that...lol. Was it just a straight up oversight?? If so...what the ****
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
smokeythebear said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Y'all lost me. How did we get on a WW baby?

It's in Bran's vision - from way back.....the NK made a WW baby out of the last of Crasters male born.

PS - some people say we are not done with the WWs because of this - we never saw the baby's fate.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that was a Bran vision. That was simply the show showing us what happened to Craster's baby. The audience saw it live, not through Bran.

It was both.

We saw it when it happened - but it also appears in the quick images shown in a Bran vision in S6 E6.

The reason it is referenced here in relation to Bran's Vision - is the discussion was whether all of Bran's visions involved things he would possibly be present for in the future. In this case he was not present at this event.

smokeythebear
AG
Barbarossa said:

Quote:

Bran wargs into Jaime in two time periods and murders Aerys and Cersei simultaneously!

I think Bran has to play some sort of big role in the upcoming episodes, otherwise his entire story was just a plot device to have the army of the dead get south of the wall, which in turn wasn't even the biggest conflict in the show. I felt the same way during the Battle of Winterfell when Bran just kind of reboots for a while instead of having some foreseen brilliance that helps turn the tide of the battle... he gave Arya a dagger but she was already loading up on weapons that could have done the job without him. Anyway, someone's probably thought out something similar before, but if Jamie gets to the throne room I hope Bran's involvement goes something like this:

Jamie arrives at King's Landing and attempts to gain Cersei's trust to get inside the city walls. Cersei eventually gives in as she is still carrying his child and might even feel guilty for bedding the pirate while Jamie was away and taking that finger in the bum... any time they've been apart for more than two episodes they always make up somehow so I don't think that would change here. Once inside the throne room, Jamie tries to plead with her to not go through with the battle as it will surly kill most of the citizens in the city and she pulls some "this is for us and our family" speech. Jamie kind of gives up on trying to convince her otherwise and watches the ongoing battle overlooking King's Landing, still torn on what to do.

Meanwhile Bran, knowing of Jamie and Cersei's history and knowing that they would inevitably meet in King's Landing, uses this opportunity to warg into Jamie and see through his eyes into the past. Jamie feels that something is wrong but still seems in control of his body and continues to watch the chaos of battle unfold around him, Targaryens still fighting Lannisters... but now they are on opposite sides of attack. He slowly begins to realize that he's no longer witnessing the Battle for the Seven Kingdoms, but instead it's the Sack of King's Landing twenty years prior. He returns to the throne room in a surreal daze and finds the Mad King standing at the foot of the throne, furious at Tywin Lannister's recent betrayal, yelling for his alchemists to "Burn them! Burn them all!" with the stockpiled wildfire underneath the city. Jamie finds himself suddenly standing at the throne, realizes the sword weighing heavy in his hand, then lifts and buries the blade into the Mad King's back. That instant he feels the haze leave his mind and can see clearly, looking around the room sensing that there is something different... he then slowly looks down and sees Cersei at the end of his blade, blood pooling around her as her last words, "burn them all", leave her. He stumbles backward, confused and frightened, onto the Iron Throne and realizes what he's done. All the bad things he's done in his life, all done in the name of his love for Cersei, are for nothing now... After fighting his way through the city, Jon finds Jamie sitting on the throne, just as Ned did all those years before, this time having slit his own throat.

Cut-scene to Bran, having just used Jamie to save King's Landing, defeat Cersei, and justify his purpose in the show, looking back through time at various family-member wedding nights and old craftsmen catalogs.

Someone give me an ice dragon so I can tackle this wall of words!
n_touch
Did they have him change his name when he was back in flea bottom to hide where he was from?
smokeythebear
AG
Ah, I see. I need to go back and rewatch that scene to remember what was all included.
cbr
AG
Ive been thinking about how a game of thrones ends.

I mean, the obvious message from totally ignoring the existential threat to mankind and the once in 10,000 year victory means that the writers are cynics. Therefore they know the game never ends. The only way it even pauses is when one person completely dominates and exhausts all resistance, and even then it picks up again as soon as they or their heirs get old and weak, or someone else thinks they get an edge. (As in king baratheon storyline). The game has to pause because they only have 2 episodes left.

So the only way this ends is with basically everyone dead, the armies exhausted, and one person with a clear advantage.

Probably wont have dragons or wizards lurking around either. Destabilizing. Probably not a woman loner like arya or a schemer like sansa, tyrion or varys. Unsullied dont have what it takes. Hound doesnt either. No way cersi wins. No way its jamie after his absurd flip flopping. Brienne is out after her recent droop too. The euron dude is a cheap cartoon villain, he gets fried. Its obviously jon and thats obviously why he was revived. But thats pretty obvious, so the only other possibility is bronn.
Chalupa Batman
smokeythebear
AG
cbr said:

Ive been thinking about how a game of thrones ends.

I mean, the obvious message from totally ignoring the existential threat to mankind and the once in 10,000 year victory means that the writers are cynics. Therefore they know the game never ends. The only way it even pauses is when one person completely dominates and exhausts all resistance, and even then it picks up again as soon as they or their heirs get old and weak, or someone else thinks they get an edge. (As in king baratheon storyline). The game has to pause because they only have 2 episodes left.

So the only way this ends is with basically everyone dead, the armies exhausted, and one person with a clear advantage.

Probably wont have dragons or wizards lurking around either. Destabilizing. Probably not a woman loner like arya or a schemer like sansa, tyrion or varys. Unsullied dont have what it takes. Hound doesnt either. No way cersi wins. No way its jamie after his absurd flip flopping. Brienne is out after her recent droop too. The euron dude is a cheap cartoon villain, he gets fried. Its obviously jon and thats obviously why he was revived. But thats pretty obvious, so the only other possibility is bronn.
You know, you make a point about the wheel and what would qualify as breaking the wheel. It's very possible that Dany ends up torching the Red Keep and melting it to the ground. Without that central capital and the throne, then everyone will be given their independence again. I don't know that Dany would really go for that if given the choice, but if she destroys the Red Keep and the throne and then dies, well then Jon could easily give everyone their independence and just head back up to the wall.
Chalupa Batman
AG
My prediction is Jon dies defending Dany, maybe from Varys, and then she redeems herself somehow and ends up on the throne, or maybe disbanding the seven kingdoms. Also predicting she's carrying his child. Jon is the most morally good character and GRRM says the story has bittersweet ending so this is where I think it goes
smokeythebear
AG
I'm pretty convinced that Dany torches the Red Keep. They have alluded to it so many times and have given her so many "well before you do that, at least TRY this first" that I think it is just inevitable that it will be the only way the story ends. Who rules after that? I duno, but I definitely think her vision of the melted throne room comes true in the next two episodes.
DannyDuberstein
AG
She torches it (or attempts to) - not full out mad queen mode, but her back is against the wall far enough that she rationalizes doing it - so close enough to mad queen. Jon kills her to defend it. Hound-Mountain kill each other in battle. Jamie kills Cersei.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I agree. I think the "Mad Queen" theory is accurate and she loses it and goes scorched earth on KL. To the point of cruelty. Hence Emilia Clarke's comments on how she cringed when she read the script. Tyrion and others may try to dissuade her to no avail.
bobinator
AG
HtownAg92 said:

There's actually quite a bit of evidence that Tyrion could be a Targaryen, so it's not really 'everyone.'

- Tywin's 'you're no son of mine' line, he also said something about 'not being able to prove you're not mine' in an earlier season.
- The way Tyrion is able to interact with the dragons in Meereen without getting torched.
- From the books (supposedly) there's a lot of talk about problems in Targaryan birth's. For example we know Lyanna Stark died giving birth to Jon. We know Tyrion's mother also died in childbirth.

I also think it's pretty late in the game for this to happen, and I'm not sure what difference it would make anyway, but there's pretty decent evidence for that theory.
cbr
AG
I think the red keep gets torched too. So the cool question of the day is how do they defeat the crossbows?

Either some boring high altitude dragon bombing - not likely

Or they figure out how to get the dragon inside the walls. Tunnell of some sort maybe? Tough because you have to assume cersi knows all the sneaky ways in and out.

Trojan dragon? No way to really sneak something like that in.

Smokescreen at night? Sneak up and climb the wall?

Some human solution clearing the crossbows? Barrels of greek fire, or something?

Are their still barrels of that **** under the rest of the city? That could be a problem.

Any ideas?
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

bobinator said:

Yeah... it's hard to make all the pieces fit because we don't have a good feel for what exactly Bran is capable of, but I've never been able to get all the way past the fact that they had to set up and film that shot of the Mad King just for this vision. Everything else in the vision except for the Mad King scene are things that have (or look like they're about to) happen over the course of the show.
WEll I'm not going to post my Dany as the Mad Queen essay 10 pages ago again,but it probably is a warning that you shouldn't put a ruthless Targ on the throne cuz they're nuts. Even more so with a dragon.
Someone may have responded to this, but they aren't all nuts. There is a reason he got the nickname "Mad King"
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd say a combo of using the soldiers they do have to focus on clearing some of them, along with some convenient cloud cover
bobinator
AG
The simplest idea to me is that, using Tyrion and Vary's knowledge of King's Landing, they sneak some unsullied in and they torch the scorpions overnight.

Doing that without Qyburn figuring it out though seems extremely problematic.
Joseph Parrish
AG

They might do the armored dragon thing. This is supposed to be Aegon on Balerion.

First Page Last Page
Page 295 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.