****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,505 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree. Some of this is really bizarre. it's as if some have never watched a movie or tv show before. We're complete hostile about how realistic it was for some ships to shoot a ..... (wait for it).... dragon. And we're losing our **** over the shot, not the dragon.
Fenrir
I think calling the complaints in here hostile might be a bit childish...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, you choose the word. But this is a little strange

Quote:

I just watched the episode but it's so bat**** stupid that people are still rightly talking about it. A shot with a target moving at that speed that you have ZERO line of sight on? Yeah, GTFO here. 3 sequential massive hits? **** me man, US armed forces sniper teams don't have that kind of accuracy with the best weapons in ****ing history.
spag.ag2003
AG
There's nothing strange about that comment, it was a stupid scene. It was only there for the initial shock moment of the kill so there can be a youtube compilation of people losing their *****

It's cool in the moment but after you think about it it's pretty stupid. Like alot of stuff this season.

Doesn't really matter though does it - we'll all be there at 8 p.m. Sunday night
Liquid Wrench
Safe to say no one experienced any tumescence while watching that scene?
canadiaggie
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I get that Eurons shot is bothering the **** out of y'all. But just from a bow hunters perspective...

A broadside animal flying at a constant speed in a straight line is infinitely easier to shoot than a front facing animal coming directly at you.

You have no idea how much practice they have had with those scorpions.

It's probably a little far fetched that they would hit it that well. But it's not worth crying about for days on in.

I'm astounded at how people are criticising the show. It's not even some of the more egregious stuff like "I wish they'd shown the conversation between Jon and his cousins" - which I can understand, as viewers like to see that stuff. it's inane "realism" arguments like using parabolic algebra to figure out the distance between the KL walls and Drogon to figure out if he's actually far enough out of range.

The amount of hype this season has had, plus the two year wait, made people go absolutely insane.

No algebra needed when you can see he's the same damn size on screen, but please keep exaggerating.

The fact that people were griping about distance and measuring the length of the field to see if a weapon that (possibly) can't be ****ing aimed downward enough to shoot Drogon has him within range is insane.

The writers shoved him in the background for a reason. It's not like he's right behind Dany. Just assume he's out of range instead of whipping your calculator and folding ruler out of your pocket protector
tremble
AG
This is such an odd complaint. Even though this show has dragons, ice zombies, etc. the show, and the books, had some internal consistencies that suspended your disbelief.

Now we've got pirates with better aim than special forces who can pick dragons out of the sky. We are talking about shots out of the movie Wanted, where the ballista travels in a parabolic arc with no line of sight and smashes into a pin***** target. John Wick wishes he was as slick as Euron.

Internal consistency matters.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Safe to say no one experienced any tumescence while watching that scene?

SpreadsheetAg
AG
EFE said:

My new goal is to use "tumescence" in conversation this week
to wife: hey baby, I am super tumescent right now... you ready?
Fenrir
It doesn't seem anymore strange to me than the argument that since we're watching fantasy fiction that any complaint is invalid.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. They went for the visual. They could have positioned them far away and we could watch Tyrion march his little legs for a long time to meet Qyburn, but they did it this way because (1) it looks cool and (2) they need to be close enough to see Missandei. But that did require the viewer to infer something (that they were out of range - common sense tells us that) that maybe their internal algebra disagrees with (That they don't appear to be out of range). Can't win em all.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
C@LAg said:

I guess we now know where the "third eye" is really located.....

"Got me through high school"
CFTXAG10
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Bran being able to achieve an erection is gonna be hella-interesting when he wargs into Jaime. Does he kill Cersei or test the waters?
If strangling Cersei doesn't give a fella an erection, I don't know what could.

Cersei gonna be pissed when she hasn't finished yet and Bran while Warging in Jaime's body is like "I have to go now" as his eyes roll into the back of his head (end scene)
Joseph Parrish
AG
canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I get that Eurons shot is bothering the **** out of y'all. But just from a bow hunters perspective...

A broadside animal flying at a constant speed in a straight line is infinitely easier to shoot than a front facing animal coming directly at you.

It's probably a little far fetched that they would hit it that well. But it's not worth crying about for days on in.

I'm astounded at how people are criticising the show. It's not even some of the more egregious stuff like "I wish they'd shown the conversation between Jon and his cousins" - which I can understand, as viewers like to see that stuff. it's inane "realism" arguments like using parabolic algebra to figure out the distance between the KL walls and Drogon to figure out if he's actually far enough out of range.

The amount of hype this season has had, plus the two year wait, made people go absolutely insane.

No algebra needed when you can see he's the same damn size on screen, but please keep exaggerating.

The fact that people were griping about distance and measuring the length of the field to see if a weapon that (possibly) can't be ****ing aimed downward enough to shoot Drogon has him within range is insane.

The writers shoved him in the background for a reason. It's not like he's right behind Dany. Just assume he's out of range instead of whipping your calculator and folding ruler out of your pocket protector

You're ridiculous if you think that argument helps you. If you think it has to aim down to hit him, then that means he was in range at some point getting there. Kills you're argument from then start. And I'm an engineer. I don't need a calculator for common sense ***** But please keep being a ******** bc of my valid argument.
CostanzaWallet
AG
The people who can't get over Euron's dragon shot must have hated Dany emerging from a burning funeral pyre with three dragon babies, Bronn's long arrow shot to ignite the wildfire at Blackwater Bay, the Hound being alive after his injuries in the fight with Brienne, Arya being able to slice off peoples face and wear them as a disguise to enhabit the dead person's body,, being able to warg into animals, multiple characters being resurrected, Melisandre birthing a smoke baby to assassinate Renly, the existence of magical wolf like beasts with a near telepathic bond to their owners, Sansa and Theon surviving a jump off the winterfell wall, the existence of magical swords, and the hold the door scenes as little green people launch magical grenades that kill undead zombies.

I cannot fathom how you've made it this far if the dragon kill was the breaking point for you.
Joseph Parrish
AG
CostanzaWallet said:

The people who can't get over Euron's dragon shot must have hated Dany emerging from a burning funeral pyre with three dragon babies, Bronn's long arrow shot to ignite the wildfire at Blackwater Bay, the Hound being alive after his injuries in the fight with Brienne, Arya being able to slice off peoples face and wear them as a disguise to enhabit the dead person's body,, being able to warg into animals, multiple characters being resurrected, Melisandre birthing a smoke baby to assassinate Renly, the existence of magical wolf like beasts with a near telepathic bond to their owners, Sansa and Theon surviving a jump off the winterfell wall, the existence of magical swords, and the hold the door scenes as little green people launch magical grenades that kill undead zombies.

I cannot fathom how you've made it this far if the dragon kill was the breaking point for you.

You guys are more upset than anybody on this thread.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm admittedly fascinated that Dany appearing to be too close bothers some that much that it ruins the episode for them. Certainly not angry. Amused, definitely.
Joseph Parrish
AG
But please go back to talking about Bran's boner issues if it makes you happy.
CostanzaWallet
AG
Not mad, just pointing out the absurdity of the Euron anger.

Can someone run me Zapruder film analysis on Bronn's wildfire shot and give me a technical paper on the chemical properties of wildfire? Need to know if those scenes were realistic and acceptable.
Bunk Moreland
So far you've taken a very practical scene and compared it to magic/fantasy scenes.

Got anything better?
Bunk Moreland
That didn't ruin the episode for me at all. It was one of many things that added up to a crap episode. But even that doesn't upset me. Shows have bad eps. Can't wait till Sunday night
agsquirrel97
AG
Maybe the guys on the red keep walls were a bunch of Edmures and just couldn't hit the shot.

What a puss, almost F'd up his own dads funeral.
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
CostanzaWallet
AG
Both scenes I've pointed out have practical and fantasy elements. The blackwater bay scene involves bow and arrow (practical) and wildfire (fantasy). The Euron shot involves a crossbow (practical) and a DRAGON letting a human female ride it (fantasy).

Where's my technical breakdown of Blackwater Bay wildfire?
canadiaggie
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

gigemJTH12 said:

You're ridiculous if you think that argument helps you. If you think it has to aim down to hit him, then that means he was in range at some point getting there. Kills you're argument from then start. And I'm an engineer. I don't need a calculator for common sense ***** But please keep being a ******** bc of my valid argument.

Utter insanity. He's out of range. The visual is clearly intended to convey that. Arguing the point any further is just next level boneheaded. It's a ****ing tv show not a physics textbook. Good night

How do people overanalyse this much, Christ. You want Drogon to be a little speck off in the distance instead?
Fenrir
This is a really bad argument.

The element in question isn't the magical dragon riding it's the ballista shooting which at least up til now has not been explained to be magic based.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

That didn't ruin the episode for me at all. It was one of many things that added up to a crap episode. But even that doesn't upset me. Shows have bad eps. Can't wait till Sunday night
You understand why they shot it that way though, right?
Joseph Parrish
AG
canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Utter insanity. He's out of range. The visual is clearly intended to convey that. Arguing the point any further is just next level boneheaded. It's a ****ing tv show not a physics textbook. Good night

How do people overanalyse this much, Christ. You want Drogon to be a little speck off in the distance instead?

Utter insanity huh? Your argument is that the scorpion can't aim down. Go shoot a gun and aim it towards the ground and see if you get more range than slightly aiming up. You'll be disappointed. Don't talk to me about utter insanity if that's your argument.
Bunk Moreland
Of course. I just didn't like that scene at all for a lot of reasons (still think if we're being real cersei would have used that opportunity to kill Dany).

But yes if they wanted the scene to be everything on the line and both sides right next to each other with the tension mounting i completely get it.

Hell just from a pre round chardee macdennis tradition I get it. That scene was the least of my concerns.
Agnzona
The issues is not military strategy or impractical fantasy scenarios its all the damn lazy writing.
canadiaggie
AG
CostanzaWallet said:

Not mad, just pointing out the absurdity of the Euron anger.

Can someone run me Zapruder film analysis on Bronn's wildfire shot and give me a technical paper on the chemical properties of wildfire? Need to know if those scenes were realistic and acceptable.

You're not gonna get one because people are extrapolating their anger over various plot points into gripes about every little detail they can find. It happens with final seasons when **** doesn't shake out the way people want in their head canon. It happened to me with a few shows.
Joseph Parrish
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Everybody understands why thy shot it that way. That doesn't mean it's not poorly thought out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You're stuck on the aiming down thing. His real point was that it's obvious what they were trying to convey with Drogon's positioning. Or should have been.
canadiaggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

You're stuck on the aiming down thing. His real point was that it's obvious what they were trying to convey with Drogon's positioning. Or should have been.

Joseph Parrish
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I've already made my argument on that point. Go back and read if you like. I'm responding to his aim down argument because that's what he used to defend it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Everybody understands why thy shot it that way. That doesn't mean it's not poorly thought out.
So in the trade-off of fixing "they look like they might be a little too close" vs.fixing "how can they see who is even there, much less what they are doing with Missandei", you vote for A. I thought they made the right trade-off, but whatever.
First Page Last Page
Page 286 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.