****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,049,959 Views | 14590 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
hbc07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JFC no one cares
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hbc07 said:

JFC no one cares
I think we've determined otherwise
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:





We already know the last two episodes have been divisive, although I warrant that part of it is the visual accuracy screechers and the Dany fanboys sensing what's about to go down teaming up
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
canadiaggie said:

C@LAg said:





We already know the last two episodes have been divisive, although I warrant that part of it is the visual accuracy screechers and the Dany fanboys sensing what's about to go down teaming up
you really are an insufferable &#&$6
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

canadiaggie said:

C@LAg said:





We already know the last two episodes have been divisive, although I warrant that part of it is the visual accuracy screechers and the Dany fanboys sensing what's about to go down teaming up
you really are an insufferable &#&$6


And this is why I call y'all screechers lol. It's a ****ing show not a period, don't let it hurt you so much
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
canadiaggie said:

CostanzaWallet said:

Not mad, just pointing out the absurdity of the Euron anger.

Can someone run me Zapruder film analysis on Bronn's wildfire shot and give me a technical paper on the chemical properties of wildfire? Need to know if those scenes were realistic and acceptable.


You're not gonna get one because people are extrapolating their anger over various plot points into gripes about every little detail they can find. It happens with final seasons when **** doesn't shake out the way people want in their head canon. It happened to me with a few shows.
There's a lot of truth to this.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
canadiaggie said:




And this is why I call y'all screechers lol
you are the only one screeching for the last 3 pages or so.
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

canadiaggie said:




And this is why I call y'all screechers lol
you are the only one screeching for the last 3 pages or so.


Yeah, pointing out that complaints have been excessive is screeching. take a nice long look in the mirror.

[The show has become polarizing, however, discussion should be able to go on without the constant arguing and calling each other out. It is making the thread miserable for many. Tone it down, or we will start deleting. -staff]
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and your screeching continues

this is a discussion forum. you do not have to reply to every single reply.

once you have had your say on a subject, then move on. skip any posts that repeat arguments you have already addressed. You are not likely to change anyone argument, so you are just perpetuating the argument circle-jerk.

It is very simple. Not sure why you are so butthurt and bleeding over everything.

[See my response in the post above. Same goes for you. Please watch language and negativity so that others can enjoy the discussion. -staff]

DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the reality of a compressed 6 episode format has elevated the expectations of every episode to the stratosphere. Probably higher than any final season of any show ever has faced. Actually, not probably. Definitely. Any steps not hitting the perfect note get absolutely lambasted.

But regardless, this is a really entertaining, tension filled show.
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

canadiaggie said:




And this is why I call y'all screechers lol
you are the only one screeching for the last 3 pages or so.
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CostanzaWallet said:

The people who can't get over Euron's dragon shot must have hated Dany emerging from a burning funeral pyre with three dragon babies, Bronn's long arrow shot to ignite the wildfire at Blackwater Bay, the Hound being alive after his injuries in the fight with Brienne, Arya being able to slice off peoples face and wear them as a disguise to enhabit the dead person's body,, being able to warg into animals, multiple characters being resurrected, Melisandre birthing a smoke baby to assassinate Renly, the existence of magical wolf like beasts with a near telepathic bond to their owners, Sansa and Theon surviving a jump off the winterfell wall, the existence of magical swords, and the hold the door scenes as little green people launch magical grenades that kill undead zombies.

I cannot fathom how you've made it this far if the dragon kill was the breaking point for you.


The magic stuff in the books, and even in the show, has always been bat**** crazy. You can rationalize that by saying I simply do not know the internal rules of the magic that govern here. That's simple. Smoke babies, direwolves, ice zombies, etc. dont require explanations for how they work. They just do and you roll with it. The whole point of magic in the books is that no one has any idea how it works because it's all only recently re-emerged in the world and I'm pretty sure the show has echoed that as well.

Physical objects interacting in a world with physical laws is a whole different ballgame. Ship-mounted ballistae picking off flying objects at distance with no line of sight is just hilariously poor writing. They could have funneled all of Dany's ships into a narrow strait and THEN proceeded to unload but they were just lazy in setting this up.
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I think the reality of a compressed 6 episode format has elevated the expectations of every episode to the stratosphere. Probably higher than any final season of any show ever has faced.

But this is a really entertaining, tension filled show.


Yeah, I agree with you.

And frankly I understand quite a bit of what people have said. Yeah, I would have loved it if they had sprinkled in some of the conversations instead of cutting away. I find the Bronn plot line weird. Yeah, it would have been nice for Jon to have killed the Night King.

That doesn't mean I'm going to displace those disappointments to every other detail to the point where none of it is enjoyable anymore. The show has plenty of tension, an ending that none of us can really predict, and probably a lot more classic GoT death and heartbreak left to go. Yeah D&D aren't gonna win awards and they've copped out here and there, but there's zero need to let it become piss in the Cheerios.
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tremble said:

CostanzaWallet said:

The people who can't get over Euron's dragon shot must have hated Dany emerging from a burning funeral pyre with three dragon babies, Bronn's long arrow shot to ignite the wildfire at Blackwater Bay, the Hound being alive after his injuries in the fight with Brienne, Arya being able to slice off peoples face and wear them as a disguise to enhabit the dead person's body,, being able to warg into animals, multiple characters being resurrected, Melisandre birthing a smoke baby to assassinate Renly, the existence of magical wolf like beasts with a near telepathic bond to their owners, Sansa and Theon surviving a jump off the winterfell wall, the existence of magical swords, and the hold the door scenes as little green people launch magical grenades that kill undead zombies.

I cannot fathom how you've made it this far if the dragon kill was the breaking point for you.


The magic stuff in the books, and even in the show, has always been bat**** crazy. You can rationalize that by saying I simply do not know the internal rules of the magic that govern here. That's simple. Smoke babies, direwolves, ice zombies, etc. dont require explanations for how they work. They just do and you roll with it. The whole point of magic in the books is that no one has any idea how it works because it's all only recently re-emerged in the world and I'm pretty sure the show has echoed that as well.

Physical objects interacting in a world with physical laws is a whole different ballgame. Ship-mounted ballistae picking off flying objects at distance with no line of sight is just hilariously poor writing. They could have funneled all of Dany's ships into a narrow strait and THEN proceeded to unload but they were just lazy in setting this up.


Frankly D&D should have kept some of Euron's crazy mystical sideshow aspects from the books if they were gonna use him this extensively as Cersei's equaliser. Would have made it easier to handwave for people.

Problem is, without Victarion as a POV, that would have been random as hell.
Social Media Influencer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope this is remembered as the most ridiculous thread in the history of the board. It started a year and a half before the season and 73 pages before the first episode.

And now an argument ab out ballista range will not die.
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

I hope this is remembered as the most ridiculous thread in the history of the board. It started a year and a half before the season and 73 pages before the first episode.

And now an argument ab out ballista range will not die.
It definitely highlights the unprecedented high bar of expectations for 6 episodes of a tv show.
Malcolm52
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best part about the show now is getting to read this thread!
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, what happened to all the Lannister/Tarly soldiers Dany captured? They all bent the knee to avoid becoming bbq. Did they join her army?
SupaManu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Malcolm52 said:

Best part about the show now is getting to read this thread!

Haha yep I'm not sure what I'm enjoying more, the show or the meltdowns in here
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

I hope this is remembered as the most ridiculous thread in the history of the board. It started a year and a half before the season and 73 pages before the first episode.

And now an argument ab out ballista range will not die.


When people take shots at me, I punch back. The topic was dead until more shots were fired.
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It definitely would have helped. They could have just mashed Victorian and Yara IMO and solved the issue. It probably doesn't help that I think the casting and writing for Euron just makes him look like a clown.

The pirate who has seen all the crazy **** in the world is just a much better story than the horny oaf we have in the show.
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My favorite tweet was something along the lines of:

"Dany just lost her dragon to the Westeros version of Bam Margera"
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tremble said:

It definitely would have helped. They could have just mashed Victorian and Yara IMO and solved the issue. It probably doesn't help that I think the casting and writing for Euron just makes him look like a clown.

The pirate who has seen all the crazy **** in the world is just a much better story than the horny oaf we have in the show.
Yeah, and that's my one gripe about Euron. I honestly don't care so much about the crazy ballista aim, but I think if Euron was going to play such a major role going forward, I'd have preferred him to be closer to the books.

I'll be honest, when he was introduced I thought he'd be dragon toast much sooner than he (possibly/probably) will end up being.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I get that Eurons shot is bothering the **** out of y'all. But just from a bow hunters perspective...

A broadside animal flying at a constant speed in a straight line is infinitely easier to shoot than a front facing animal coming directly at you.

You have no idea how much practice they have had with those scorpions.

It's probably a little far fetched that they would hit it that well. But it's not worth crying about for days on in.


I'm astounded at how people are criticising the show. It's not even some of the more egregious stuff like "I wish they'd shown the conversation between Jon and his cousins" - which I can understand, as viewers like to see that stuff. it's inane "realism" arguments like using parabolic algebra to figure out the distance between the KL walls and Drogon to figure out if he's actually far enough out of range.

The amount of hype this season has had, plus the two year wait, made people go absolutely insane.


No algebra needed when you can see he's the same damn size on screen, but please keep exaggerating.


The fact that people were griping about distance and measuring the length of the field to see if a weapon that (possibly) can't be ****ing aimed downward enough to shoot Drogon has him within range is insane.

The writers shoved him in the background for a reason. It's not like he's right behind Dany. Just assume he's out of range instead of whipping your calculator and folding ruler out of your pocket protector



You're ridiculous if you think that argument helps you. If you think it has to aim down to hit him, then that means he was in range at some point getting there. Kills you're argument from then start. And I'm an engineer. I don't need a calculator for common sense ***** But please keep being a ******** bc of my valid argument.


Utter insanity. He's out of range. The visual is clearly intended to convey that. Arguing the point any further is just next level boneheaded. It's a ****ing tv show not a physics textbook. Good night

How do people overanalyse this much, Christ. You want Drogon to be a little speck off in the distance instead?


Utter insanity huh? Your argument is that the scorpion can't aim down. Go shoot a gun and aim it towards the ground and see if you get more range than slightly aiming up. You'll be disappointed. Don't talk to me about utter insanity if that's your argument.
jesus Christ who cares? They clearly parked the dragon way in the back to make the point it was out of range of the scorpions. Why is this such an issue?
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

canadiaggie said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I get that Eurons shot is bothering the **** out of y'all. But just from a bow hunters perspective...

A broadside animal flying at a constant speed in a straight line is infinitely easier to shoot than a front facing animal coming directly at you.

You have no idea how much practice they have had with those scorpions.

It's probably a little far fetched that they would hit it that well. But it's not worth crying about for days on in.


I'm astounded at how people are criticising the show. It's not even some of the more egregious stuff like "I wish they'd shown the conversation between Jon and his cousins" - which I can understand, as viewers like to see that stuff. it's inane "realism" arguments like using parabolic algebra to figure out the distance between the KL walls and Drogon to figure out if he's actually far enough out of range.

The amount of hype this season has had, plus the two year wait, made people go absolutely insane.


No algebra needed when you can see he's the same damn size on screen, but please keep exaggerating.


The fact that people were griping about distance and measuring the length of the field to see if a weapon that (possibly) can't be ****ing aimed downward enough to shoot Drogon has him within range is insane.

The writers shoved him in the background for a reason. It's not like he's right behind Dany. Just assume he's out of range instead of whipping your calculator and folding ruler out of your pocket protector



You're ridiculous if you think that argument helps you. If you think it has to aim down to hit him, then that means he was in range at some point getting there. Kills you're argument from then start. And I'm an engineer. I don't need a calculator for common sense ***** But please keep being a ******** bc of my valid argument.


Utter insanity. He's out of range. The visual is clearly intended to convey that. Arguing the point any further is just next level boneheaded. It's a ****ing tv show not a physics textbook. Good night

How do people overanalyse this much, Christ. You want Drogon to be a little speck off in the distance instead?


Utter insanity huh? Your argument is that the scorpion can't aim down. Go shoot a gun and aim it towards the ground and see if you get more range than slightly aiming up. You'll be disappointed. Don't talk to me about utter insanity if that's your argument.
jesus Christ who cares? They clearly parked the dragon way in the back to make the point it was out of range of the scorpions. Why is this such an issue?


Go back and read all the previous arguments. I've made my point clear. Go read.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

So, what happened to all the Lannister/Tarly soldiers Dany captured? They all bent the knee to avoid becoming bbq. Did they join her army?
Sansa: So what exactly do dragons eat?

Dany: Whatever they want.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nah. I'm good.
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

Nah. I'm good.


Then don't complain to try and keep the argument going.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a hot take. The people trying to paint the "criticizers" as being "hostile" are the problem. People can complain about whatever they want, it's their opinion. You aren't gong to change it, especially not the way you are going on about it.
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heaven forbid I click on a TA thread about a TV show I like and I expect other posters to also like said show.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
smokeythebear said:

Heaven forbid I click on a TA thread about a TV show I like and I expect other posters to also like said show.
who cares what you expect? If you are still expecting that at this point, then that is on you. most people criticizing the show aren't saying anything to anybody that posts praising it. If you cannot handle people who aren't happy discussing it, then I guess you should start another thread and request only positive posters post in it.

I don't agree with all the criticism, but I don't get personally affronted by them. I also don't get personally offended if some of you like what you are seeing. For the life of me, the most bizarre thing on this thread is how personally offended some of you get to any criticism of the show.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ok, so all the bullsh** aside, willing to eat some crow on my initial thoughts on Rhaegal getting whacked after finishing my re-watch.

I am/was an avid book reader. And GOT Sunday nights has turned in to a great tradition for the wife and I. We love it. So I fully admit that probably allow my connection to the books and marital tradition to sway me away from being too critical of some of the ridiculousness of the last three seasons. Still loved it, fully admit there has been some eye rolling moments.

After my re-watch, I admit I just got a bit annoyed, maybe even pissed off, about how the dragon was killed. I think killing Rhaegal was great for the story. It showed that Dany still sucks at war, is still over-confident, and arrogant and self assured. It was classic GOT kick to the rocks. It kept the playing field leveled in the GOT, fueled more of Dany's anger, frustration, and insecurity. That's good writing.

I don't give a sh** about the actual kill because I don't think it was nearly as ridiculous as all the complainers that want to get all technical. The sea was relatively calm. The distances have been greatly exaggerated. And clearly Qyburn learned to build bigger scorpions and more the F of them.

My problem with the scene is not the technicalities. It's that it's just not a fitting ending for a dragon. Three in the world. One killed by the NK. That was well done IMO. But Dany loses a dragon to the unfunny lovechild of Jack Sparrow and dude from Dawson's Creek who needs to clean the Redman spittle from his teeth. She loses a dragon and no one is left at Dragonstone doing recon of the area. She loses a dragon to a dozen ships parked between two islands who ambush her as Grey Worm and Missy hold hands and she kind of zones out.

That's what bothers me. The dragons are literally everything and the way that dipsh** pirate dewsh gets a kill on one is just so hollow. If I were Drogon I might consider just flying back to the Dothraki Sea and eating cows and sheep the rest of my days. Cause this is bullsh**.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also about that scene.

The Greyjoy ships are clearly between two small islands. Dany's initial reaction is fear, then anger, then she sweeps Drogon in for a frontal assault, then backs out. Why not just circle behind them and send them all to hell? If concerned they have scorpions mounted in the stearn then sweep them across the sides, they were all pointed in the same direction.

I get that she was emotional, confused, and eventually survival instincts kicked in. But Dany has a track record of reacting to high stress, deadly, situations correctly and kicking ass.

Yeah I get it. It builds up tp the finale. Still.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Episode IV said:

Bran gonna have'em some little wolf-ravens y'all. Come on back Meera.
3ER gonna get laid? By whom? You predicting this twist? GOT directors love the unnecessary gratuitous sex scenes but I'm betting this doesn't occur. Somebody watching too much fetish porn.


Bran's new nickname will be the One Eyed Snake afterwards.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Page 287 of 417
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.