****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,432 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe Cersei agrees to let the Iron Throne be decided by Royal Rumble format.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

The 'half of the Dothraki' line was perhaps the craziest thing that happened in the whole episode.

that was never said - the Dothraki dude just swept off some pieces. nobody said how many Dothraki.

StringerBell
AG
are we surprised that half the dothraki are gone given how they were used in the battle for winterfell?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

random thoughts......

1. Clegane Bowl seems likely but how in the context of the battle? Instead maybe.... Jamie returns but Cersei captures him and puts him on trial for desertion or treason. He demands a trial by combat (has that been reinstated?). The Mountain is for Cersei and the Hound (who snuck into KL?) volunteers for Jamie.

2. Been a lot of prediction of a betrayal by Tyrion.... what if it is Varys' treason but through that Dany finds out Tyrion knew and that's his treason. OR Varys no longer trusts Tyrion and implicates him in some treason with Cersei. Dany executes Tyrion for it and Varys comes out unscathed and still in the inner circle but is now a threat to Dany with Tyrion no longer in his way.

I'm thinking Cersei locks herself in the Red Keep. Arya and the Hound sneak in, and chase her to a dead end. The Mountain comes out of nowhere and smashes Arya. The Hound, enraged, fights and kills the Mountain, but in doing so turns his back and Cersei mortally wounds him. Then Jaime comes from nowhere and we see exactly this, soundtrack and all.

bobinator
AG
Yeah, but like any significant number of Dothraki warriors still being around is insane. Obviously a few lived, we saw some running back to the lines, but there shouldn't be enough of them to factor into any war plans right?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

This was a closeup of the battle table BEFORe they started sweeping pieces off.....

Grey worm said half the Unsullied gone and took half of the round pieces in the middle.

Jon said half the northmen as well and he took off 4 of the 8 black squares nearest his side of the table (to the left). Somebody else (Royce I believe) took 4 of the 8 on the other corner i think those represent the Vale army it has the symbol on the piece near them.

the Dothraki dude said nothing but reached in and swept several pieces from the group of the triangle ones at the front there - hard to tell. he stakes at least 4 but maybe more.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, but like any significant number of Dothraki warriors still being around is insane. Obviously a few lived, we saw some running back to the lines, but there shouldn't be enough of them to factor into any war plans right?

Agreed... I'm just saying they never said half. Should have been 90% at least.

redline248
AG
StringerBell said:

are we surprised that half the dothraki are gone given how they were used in the battle for winterfell?
We're surprised that there are any left at all
Chase
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Chase said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Ghost91 said:

Tormund: "You weigh as much as two fleas %#$ing".

TexAgs: "OMG makes no sense, the volume mass and weight of the fleas would not increase simply based on greater kinetic energy, OMG lazy writing worst show in the history of shows".

Drogon in front of the castle was the same size on screen as he was from Tyrion's perspective when Rhaegal was shot down. Euron and his ships were way further away than the ship Tyrion was on. Be a sarcastic ass all you want, but it was a mistake on their part. It was almost as dumb as Dany trying to threaten Cersei with her tiny amount of troops.

And this explanation is as non-technical as it gets.
Yes, but the scorpion still does not look like it can aim DOWN. At rest it is horizontal.
So how do you think they got there? Probably on foot from further out right? How do you think they retreated? Probably on foot right? Don't tell me there's not a kill zone in there.
I agree that they could have shot scorpions into the group as they left but not a terribly efficient use of them if the people scatter. The dragon, I would guess, would waddle off and then take to the air. One would THINK they couldn't get a great shot off before it took to the air and flew out of range but if the Greyjoy is aiming, who knows.
bobinator
AG
Yeah that was my bad, I should have said scene instead of line. The fact that he left any little triangles on there seems pretty crazy.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah that was my bad, I should have said scene instead of line. The fact that he left any little triangles on there seems pretty crazy.

Maybe Dothraki suck at math - equating troops to pieces on a board.

That's a tough concept. More conceptual than literal.

So he just swept a few like everyone else cuz he wanted to represent. And they all ignored it because they didn't want to embarrass the few Dothraki left.

lmao
bobinator
AG
Haha, maybe this is his first meeting and he means there's literally only four of them left.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I guess I'm just not a fan of the show using the scorpion the way it has. Having one in S7 was okay, but having dozens on ships and on the city walls... it just makes the fact that Dany has dragons pointless. A fact that the show has rested upon for seven years. That Dany had the three most dangerous weapons in the world. Now, two are dead, and the last one seems useless if he's unable to get anywhere close to the Red Keep.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

Haha, maybe this is his first meeting and he means there's literally only four of them left.

that might be it exactly - lol.

wannaggie
Truvada_for_prep said:

Champ Bailey said:

Truvada_for_prep said:

Hard to impress the nerds in this thread

Exactly. Last week it was there weren't any surprising deaths, this week it's cheap writing to have surprising deaths.

Yep almost as bad as Star Wars geeks.
The writing for this last season is idiotic, but it isn't THAT idiotic.
The cartoonish absurdity of Star Wars has to go through 5 cycles of self-parody before it becomes ironically enjoyable again.
GoT is merely clumsy.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Since all of this is a fantasy, seems like they could design armor for the dragons with impenetrable dragonglass or valeryian steel.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
If you really wana get into it the best case scenario for each remaining:

Dolthraki: Less than 5%
Unsullied: Less than 15%
North/Rest: Less than 30%

Of course this would bode really well for the men that stayed alive in that they could probably have their pick of women left (well , except for the unsullied maybe)
Joe Cole
The jump from Winterfell to standing in front of KL with 60 troops seemed incredibly rushed. The whole setup and idea that Dany and other important people would walk out into the wide open defenseless just seemed absurd, even for D&D.

Disappointed how they just seem to be done with Bran/3ER and his abilities
bobinator
AG
I actually like this aspect of it. Escalation of weapons. Dany's strategy has been lacking in the past because she had a weapon that couldn't be stopped, even if everything else went wrong.

Now she doesn't have that. And there's also a chance that Cersei is so obsessed with the dragons that she spent so much time and resources building them that perhaps she overlooked some other aspect of her defense.
bobinator
AG
Joe Cole said:

I still don't think that's the case. I think whatever is about to happen next is going to involve Bran.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

This is the funniest thing posted today
bonfarr
AG
Are others aware that Arya can wear faces? I don't recall if anyone other than the teen bride of Walder Frey has witnessed it and survived. It seems like if Snow and Dany knew her abilities they would ask her to sneak into KL to dispatch Cersei ending the war. Arya knows the back alleys and subterranean passages in KL from when she chased the cats.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Ghost91 said:

Why all the physics analysis about the freaking spear gun? Obviously, the story is that while on the way to King's Landing, the good guys were ambushed and a dragon got knocked out of the sky. I don't understand the obsessing over whether the ships would have been seen, or how the angle of Spear #1 was not tangential to the angle of Spear #2 minus the hypotenuse, or how the ropes and pulleys behind the bad guys should have cast a shadow directly onto the crosshairs of the scope that Euron was using at that time of day, etc.

They were ambushed on their way and a dragon died. Jesus.
It matters because it was complete bull**** Every fantasy element of this show is introduced and then later explained. Dragons being a thing explained. The Night King and the white walkers were introduced and explained. Arya being able to steal people's faces is introduced and explained. When the parts that are supposed to be realistic (like an arrow flying through the air) are bull****, it stands out in a bad way.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Ghost91 said:

Why all the physics analysis about the freaking spear gun? Obviously, the story is that while on the way to King's Landing, the good guys were ambushed and a dragon got knocked out of the sky. I don't understand the obsessing over whether the ships would have been seen, or how the angle of Spear #1 was not tangential to the angle of Spear #2 minus the hypotenuse, or how the ropes and pulleys behind the bad guys should have cast a shadow directly onto the crosshairs of the scope that Euron was using at that time of day, etc.

It matters because it was complete bull**** Every fantasy element of this show is introduced and then later explained. Dragons being a thing explained. The Night King and the white walkers were introduced and explained. When the parts that are supposed to be realistic are bull****, it stands out in a bad way.

How do the faceless men work?
bobinator
AG
I don't think it would end the war necessarily, Euron seems perfectly capable of continuing on, but I do think that's definitely Arya's plan. Presumably it's going to go wrong somehow though.
wangus12
AG
bonfarr said:

Are others aware that Arya can wear faces? I don't recall if anyone other than the teen bride of Walder Frey has witnessed it and survived. It seems like if Snow and Dany knew her abilities they would ask her to sneak into KL to dispatch Cersei ending the war. Arya knows the back alleys and subterranean passages in KL from when she chased the cats.
Sansa found her faces last season so at least here
Joseph Parrish
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Ghost91 said:

It matters because it was complete bull**** Every fantasy element of this show is introduced and then later explained. Dragons being a thing explained. The Night King and the white walkers were introduced and explained. When the parts that are supposed to be realistic are bull****, it stands out in a bad way.

Magic from the "many faced god." Just like Beric can be resurrected by magic from "God of Light." Those are both introduced and explained.

A giant arrow flying through the air is supposed to be a realistic element instead of a fantasy element.
JJxvi
AG
All of the arguing about the 360 degree directional abilities of the scorpions on the ships is kinda worthless since we already have to ignore the fact that their design clearly only has about a 40-45 degree angle of projection at most. That design (especially on a group of ships so close together that their fields of fire cannot cover for each other) would be easily taken out by a dragon dropping down from above to hover directly above the ships.

The scorpions on the wall are much more of a practical defense, IMO, because they are spread out enough to where if the dragon attacks one (even from above), the dragon is still in range and line of sight from others way down range along the wall.

We're meant to just ignore it and assume they could have fired any direction, because thats how everybody acted, despite the visuals we were given.
bobinator
AG
I forgot about that. Good call.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Champ Bailey said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Ghost91 said:

Magic from the "many faced god." Just like Beric can be resurrected by magic from "God of Light." Those are both introduced and explained.

A giant arrow flying through the air is supposed to be a realistic element instead of a fantasy element.

They don't really explain it though. Beric and Jon both have to receive the magic words to be brought back to life. Same thing with most of the stuff the LOL does. The faceless men just put on somebody else's face, and automatically assume the height, weight, looks and speech patterns of the person who's face they have. There is no explanation.

The whole Scorpion was designed by Qyburn, who has some dark magic about him as well.
wannaggie
gigemJTH12 said:

I don't mind the character love stuff. The show is ending. There can't be fighting, deception, and lies in every single scene y'all. That just not a real thing that happens.
You've never been through a divorce, have you?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
bobinator said:

Joe Cole said:

I still don't think that's the case. I think whatever is about to happen next is going to involve Bran.
Whatever they're plan is with Bran I think right now they're spinning their wheels...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've noticed you've referred to fans of the show as nerds, geeks, and dorks within the last day.

You're gonna run out of synonyms soon.
Joseph Parrish
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

bobinator said:

Joe Cole said:

Whatever they're plan is with Bran I think right now they're spinning their wheels...
Stuck in a rut...plot has no legs.
Quad Dog
AG
Can we stop complaining and just appreciate Podrick scoring a Winterfell check, and on his way out of the feast also scooping up the girl shunned by the Hound?
First Page Last Page
Page 267 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.