****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,556 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quad Dog said:

Can we stop complaining and just appreciate Podrick scoring a Winterfell check, and on his way out of the feast also scooping up the girl shunned by the Hound?
He prob just sang to her...
EFE
AG
Jamie noping out on Brienne and then mentioning having pushed bran out of a window will probably lend this story line a hand
wangus12
AG
RadAg14
AG
Need Greyworm to to go 87-88 Jordan in the next episode
City Dumme
A coworker just told me Danaryeus was drinking Starbucks coffee during the big party? Did you guys hear this. We are laughing our butts off (LMBO). This show is pretty awesome I might go back and watch all the episodes.
Furlock Bones
AG
i would have preferred a cold opening where major characters are suffering from sepsis. samwell tarley survives the fight only to rot away while everyone parties in the great hall. maybe even throw in a scene from The Beach where they carry Arya off behind the godswood, so they don't have to listen to her suffering anymore.

now, that would have been quality television.
aTmAg
AG
City Dumme said:

A coworker just told me Danaryeus was drinking Starbucks coffee during the big party? Did you guys hear this. We are laughing our butts off (LMBO). This show is pretty awesome I might go back and watch all the episodes.
I have not heard of this. Can you tell us more about it?
WestAustinAg
AG
City Dumme said:

username checks out.
bonfarr
AG
City Dumme said:

I'm glad you explained the acronym otherwise I wouldn't have been able to figure it out.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
G Martin 87
AG
Joe Cole said:

The jump from Winterfell to standing in front of KL with 60 troops seemed incredibly rushed. The whole setup and idea that Dany and other important people would walk out into the wide open defenseless just seemed absurd, even for D&D.
I think they had Missandei's execution in mind and worked backward from that.
Quote:

Disappointed how they just seem to be done with Bran/3ER and his abilities
If you're implying that Bran can see the future and keep them from a tactical mistake, then he couldn't really be seeing the future. i.e., because if a thing doesn't happen at all because he warns them not to do it, then it isn't possible to foresee it in the first place.
aTmAg
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Joe Cole said:

The jump from Winterfell to standing in front of KL with 60 troops seemed incredibly rushed. The whole setup and idea that Dany and other important people would walk out into the wide open defenseless just seemed absurd, even for D&D.
I think they had Missandei's execution in mind and worked backward from that.
Quote:

Disappointed how they just seem to be done with Bran/3ER and his abilities
If you're implying that Bran can see the future and keep them from a tactical mistake, then he couldn't really be seeing the future. i.e., because if a thing doesn't happen at all, then it isn't possible to foresee it.
He could see what happened a minute ago. Like Euron's ships hanging out in wait for Dany's dragons.
wannaggie
Joseph Parrish said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Joseph Parrish said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I don't mind the character love stuff. The show is ending. There can't be fighting, deception, and lies in every single scene y'all. That just not a real thing that happens.

Neither is not destroying your greatest threat when it's right in front of you like the ending scene. That's just not s real thing that happens.
I thought it was pretty clear they intended for Drogon to be out of range. It's basically a mexican standoff. Anyone makes a move and it's probably mutual annihilation

No it wasn't clear a thing all after sniping Rhaegal from a ridiculous distance behind Dragonstone....and even if you assume that...Dany was damn sure in range.
No, see, don't you understand how science works? A tremendously powerful weapon the "good guys" didn't even know existed 2 hours ago, and their team of engineers have already reverse engineered it and put it through several thousand cycles of supercomputer modeling and calculated the maximum possible distance.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Quad Dog said:

Can we stop complaining and just appreciate Podrick scoring a Winterfell check, and on his way out of the feast also scooping up the girl shunned by the Hound?

My favorite part of the episode was when Tyrion points at Brienne and yells, "YOU ARE A VIRGIN." And you see Podrick finish his cup.
chiken
AG
when she said "dracarys" I actually thought maybe she was hoping he'd come and burn them up. I guess it was just her William Wallace "freeeeeeddooooomm" call.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I liked the scene before Jamie banged Brienne.

J: "I have never had sex with a man."

B: "I have never had sex with anyone."

aTmAg
AG
Anybody else think that Jon Snow is too much of a dumbass to be a good king?
chiken
AG
He said "I've never had sex with a knight"
bobinator
AG
Jon would be a great peacetime king. He'd be an awful war time king.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

I guess I'm just not a fan of the show using the scorpion the way it has. Having one in S7 was okay, but having dozens on ships and on the city walls... it just makes the fact that Dany has dragons pointless. A fact that the show has rested upon for seven years. That Dany had the three most dangerous weapons in the world. Now, two are dead, and the last one seems useless if he's unable to get anywhere close to the Red Keep.

Well it's an odd thing - but they have gone to great lengths to make this not a one sided easy win.

Dany had the massive army of Dothraki, Unsullied, North army, and three dragons.

Cersei had crazy Euron and 20k golden company and what's left of the Lannister army.

so off to the north for the wight and one dragon is down.
Euron's fleet knocked out half of their fleet at Casterly Rock
then the BOW and they lost half of the north/vale and unsullied plus most of the Dothraki
now Euron takes out another dragon

But yeah.... they built up the size of her arm and the threat of the dragons in her favor and the threat of the dead army to all - and those have been dispatched rather easily to level the field.
aTmAg
AG
bobinator said:

Not even sure about the peacetime part. He seems damn naive and easy to out maneuver. He'd be eating out of the palm of a Littlefinger type guy.
redline248
AG
aTmAg said:

What's the most dumbass thing he's done in the show?

Gone north to catch a wight
Not lied to Cersei about pledging to Dany?
RadAg14
AG
bonfarr said:

I'm glad you explained the acronym otherwise I wouldn't have been able to figure it out.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

I liked the scene before Jamie banged Brienne.

J: "I have never had sex with a man."

B: "I have never had sex with anyone."

It was

"i've never had sex with a knight"... not a man. but knights are men with the exception of brienne... it was a joke
bobinator
AG
Letting the Wildlings come through the wall wasn't a dumbass thing in the sense that he felt he had to do it, but it did get him killed.

If you were king, I'd think dying would be pretty high on the list of things you don't want to do.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Ruined his own entire battle plan at BOB after being warned by Sansa that's how Ramsay operates.
aTmAg
AG
redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Put all his troops and artillery in front of the trench. After watching the dorthraki get wiped out, he wanted Dany to sit up on the hill and hang tight while waiting for the NK to arrive. Good thing Dany blew him off and started smoking the zombies instead.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Champ Bailey said:

redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Ruined his own entire battle plan at BOB after being warned by Sansa that's how Ramsay operates.

Actually technically that didn't ruin the battle plan.

The entire army behind him then charging to protect him ruined it. He didn't tell them to do that. He went out there for personal reasons. He hoped to get Rickon safely and come back.

They could have sacrificed him....... but then we don't get the great battle and the Vale bailout.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aTmAg said:

bobinator said:

Not even sure about the peacetime part. He seems damn naive and easy to out maneuver. He'd be eating out of the palm of a Littlefinger type guy.

But I don't know about this either. We showed Littlefinger trying to syrup Jon, and Jon grabbed him and told him to essentially F off.
The Dog Lord
AG
JJxvi said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Right. If Euron was in the open sea, then I totally buy it as bad writing. But they wrote it in a manner to provide his ships cover until the moment to fire. Sure, there would have been a moment for Dany to see them, but they were also black ships coming out amidst black rocks. Not that crazy to buy that they could have gone unnoticed just long enough to launch.
It actually makes no sense at all to use an ambush in that situation at all from Euron's perspective. He should have attacked in the open sea for a decisive battle.

#1 Euron must have amazing scouts and spies. He knows in advance exactly when they'll be sailing back to Dragonstone, either that or he sat in that cove for like weeks just waiting for someone to appear in front of him. (Meanwhile the other side, the one with dragons, actually apparently does no scouting at all)

Then, that was his whole plan right, that they would eventually just sail in front of him? There are just so many ways it could go wrong. Its a dumb plan. If you were tasked with fighting that battle, there is no way someone involved in planning wouldnt be like, "Wait we are gonna do what? What if this happens, or this? How do you know this will be sucessful?" to which I guess Euron would reply "Dont worry, I read the script"

He has forward facing guns only, and he has their fleet totally outmatched. He should not be going for surprise AT ALL. By attacking on the open sea where he would still have superior firepower to blow all their ships away (and probably scatter them further away from a castle) he would ensure that all of his enemies start the battle and stay directly in front of him and in his scorpion sights the whole time and his fleet could maneuver to keep both dragons in front of them as would be absolutely necessary. By hiding in a cove he actually risked being seen from a bad angle (or directly overhead) before the fighting started. He got lucky that the dragons flew into his line of site before anything else happened. If he has missed and not killed the one dragon they were dead meat and would have been attacked from multiple directions while surrounded by cliffs on both sides. The only way he could possibly win that battle startingwith an ambush is by the dumb luck of at least one dragon flying into his sights before anybody else saw him.
This. Maybe Dany was flying lower than it seemed. In that case, she wouldn't have seen them hidden until coming over the cliffs. If Euron had someone posted on the cliffs, they could have signaled that she was coming so that they were ready the moment she appeared. That said, they basically needed Dany to come in perfectly for their plan to work.
redline248
AG
Champ Bailey said:

redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Yep, that's it. I think I'm still kind of mad about that. Didn't we go through a whole growth arc with him when he wanted to leave the Watch to go help Robb after Ned was killed? He learned back then to put emotion aside. He ditched Ygritte for duty, also.

I know it's been beaten to death but it just underscores how the flaws people see in Jon are the writers screwing his character around.
The Dog Lord
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Random thought while perusing this thread (and some prior seasons). Why the hell are some of you so f'ing obsessed with the storylines of the dogs? "Ghost is alive! Awesome!!!" "Where's Nymeria?!?!?"

They've been in like three episodes combined since the early seasons and yet "where's muh dogs" seems to be the focus of many posters here. Just don't get it.

*Steps off soapbox*
Because they are a much larger part when it comes to the books. So readers are annoyed by the lack of them.
Those that care are definitely influenced by the books, but look at Seasons 1-3 (maybe even 4) as well. The direwolves are in the show a lot more.
redline248
AG
aTmAg said:

redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Put all his troops and artillery in front of the trench. After watching the dorthraki get wiped out, he wanted Dany to sit up on the hill and hang tight while waiting for the NK to arrive. Good thing Dany blew him off and started smoking the zombies instead.
I feel like every single person in the strategy meeting gets a dumbass of year award for this.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Asked Sansa to keep a secret
aTmAg
AG
Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

bobinator said:

But I don't know about this either. We showed Littlefinger trying to syrup Jon, and Jon grabbed him and told him to essentially F off.
That is after Littlefinger was known by all the Starks to be a slimeball. I'm talking about some new unknown adviser or whatever.
redline248
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Asked Sansa to keep a secret
strong contender!
First Page Last Page
Page 268 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.