****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,123 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe that's the reason last episode was so dark - it was -14 degrees at night and all the extras had Venti hot chocolates in their hands during the attack; cinematographers had to darken the scenes so you couldnt' see them.
reb,
AG
TCTTS said:

bangobango said:

reb, said:

PatAg said:

Here's the thing. This show's first 4-5 seasons were basically faithfully adapted from a well written series of books. The past 2 seasons are them doing their best, but they dont have writers that are nearly as talented, and it's unfortunate. I still enjoy watching the show, but I also can't just act like its not being handled poorly.
Its HBO, theres no excuse for bad writing. They had two years for this season and not much to show for it. I'm going to finish this out and hope they pull out a miracle here. I think kililng Rhaegar off like he was a mosquito gives me some hope that they have the guts to make some hard choices. They are openly playing with the idea of killing Dany off. So, Dany is dying or Varys is, thats for sure.

I only tuned into this thread after the episode so I don't know if anyone else can relate, but I had a viscerally disgusted reaction to Jamie getting with Brienne. I'm a bad person who doesnt like ugly people and she is grotesque so it pained me to see that, its nasty. I don't know why they do this except to make Jamie killing Cersei more shocking, or his return to her side more shocking. I really hope Jamie doesnt kill Cersei because its too predictable.

I know some people are starting this, but this is weird man. I thought it was an awkward scene, but if it literally pained you to watch considering no more than they did, then that is kind of weird.

Do people like reb realize they don't have to press "post" on every asinine thought that tumbles from their head?
check out my post count, brah. if you think thats asinine then you aint seen nothin yet.

deal with it. uggos doing anything sexual is nasty.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Kate Beckett
AG
TCTTS said:

I feel that. Poor girl.
Ghost91
Tormund: "You weigh as much as two fleas %#$ing".

TexAgs: "OMG makes no sense, the volume mass and weight of the fleas would not increase simply based on greater kinetic energy, OMG lazy writing worst show in the history of shows".
bearamedic99
AG
bobinator said:

'Not killing civilians' is definitely not a 21st century thing. If anything, willingly killing civilians was a 19th/20th century thing. It wasn't really a thing before that.

Can you please back up that statement?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I liked that episode a lot. Sure there were some flaws (again) in feasibility (Rhaegal, etc), but the characters played their parts and their roles very well.

• Jon telling the truth no matter what it cost.
  • Bronn picking his fights, getting what he can from it, and speaking the truth about how families come into power.
  • Dany swooning and then getting angry when she doesn't get her way, wanting to mow down populations to attain her "birthright" (which now isn't really hers)
  • Sansa being the tactician and planting political seeds that will blossom (hopefully for her) in her favor
  • Arya knowing herself and explaining to Gendry that her nature won't allow her to be a lady
  • Ghost disappearing
  • Tormund moving on from Brienne quickly, going back North where he belongs
  • Varys continuing to give the best advice he can to protect the commoners from slaughter and ensure that the ruler of the 7 kingdoms is someone who would do the same
  • Tyrion sparring with words throughout
RogerEnright
wangus12 said:

The spin-off I truly need

If Jon doesn't take the Iron throne, I think he will end up north of the wall. King North of the Wall?
Trident 88
AG
bangobango said:

This idea that Tyrion would try this hard to save Cersei is hard to swallow. It is just really making him look like a complete dumbass.

Should've kept Jaime and Brienne platonic. I really do not understand what changed from before Jaime heard about the ambush to when Jaime decides to leave and go south. In both cases, he knew they would likely kill Cersei if they could. I guess this means he now thinks they're going to fail, so he is going to finish the job?
Tyrion still holds out hope for Dany and is trying to save her by preventing her from killing everyone in King's Landing. He tried to save King's Landing by persuading Cersei to surrender. I'm sure he knew that he had zero chance of convincing her to surrender peacefully, but he had to at least try.

Jaime was drunk, and he's sad about all the evil crap he's done for Cersei, and he has a deep friendship with Brienne, and he really appreciates how she spoke up for him in Winterfell. There really isn't much that he wouldn't do for her, including popping her cherry.

And now, he's either giving in to the dark side or (more likely) going south to deal with the monster, Cersei. I'd say his character arc is right on track.
Rex Racer
AG
Lex said:

Arya crushed my dreams for her. I wanted her to kill Cersei then go back to Gendry. He likes her the way she is. All murdery and *****

I have a bad feeling. This is a guess, but... I think Arya is going to get the drop on Cersei, but then realize Cersei is pregnant, and hesitate just long enough to get herself killed.
Trident 88
AG
I don't think Dany will burn KL.

She'll come to her senses just like she stopped her kamikaze attack on Euron's ships.
CoachRTM
AG
I feel sorry for people who can't just enjoy the show.

This season has been entertaining as hell.
JABQ04
AG
Just watched the episode and I'm not going to read all the posts over the past 24 hours, so I apologize if this is a repeat. Now that that's out of the way, I really dislike Dany now. It was like watching my kids grow a temper tantrum.

Broba Fett
bangobango said:

DannyDuberstein
AG
DSAg44 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I expect Jamie to fail and get killed by the Mountain. His character has been redeemed, but now it's time for the tragic/bittersweet aspect to the redemption, which is that the final act of his redemption will mean his death. I just don't think he's successful in his attempt
the mountain is gonna kill the hound and jamie or just one? i don't think they'll let him get both.
I think the Hound kills the Mountain. Both the Hound and the Mountain die IMO. The Hound may end up mortally wounded from the fight.
Tanya 93
I kinda think that.

She is good and won't do it.
EFE
AG
The Stark kids all talked about "the lone wolf dies" earlier in the season, and by the end of this episode they'd all lone wolf'd off in their own ways. No bueno.
DeadCiv
AG
MBAR said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Some of y'all need to read this. Game of Thrones is no exception. And they are doing a great job outside of a few errors.

FWIW I loved the Lost ending. IDGAF about explanations about the smoke monsters. For me, the ending was perfect.

The only show I know that's absolutely nailed a landing that almost everyone agrees with is Breaking Bad.
And Friday Night Lights
TyHolden
AG
Starbucks coming out with GOT cups?
Broba Fett
DSAg44 said:

Starbucks coming out with GOT cups?

Gotta get your "Ghost, redeye blend"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thinking about the upcoming battle with Cersei, I'm thinking whatever plan Dany/Jon come up with in Episode 4 will likely go to ***** Maybe the remaining Dorne forces are making their way up the coast and Euron wipes them all out. Etc.

Whatever it is we think will give them a fighting chance will promptly go sideways for them, as it did in most of Season 7.
Wasn't too far off, actually.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Alright, I'm ready to call it. No more Howland Reed.

Eating three eyed crow.
Hey, there's still a shot.

Battle Planning Scene, Howland bursts in and says "I have very important information....."

Group turns and yells "WE KNOW ALREADY".

Reed turns around and walks out the door.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Ghost91 said:

Tormund: "You weigh as much as two fleas %#$ing".

TexAgs: "OMG makes no sense, the volume mass and weight of the fleas would not increase simply based on greater kinetic energy, OMG lazy writing worst show in the history of shows".

Drogon in front of the castle was the same size on screen as he was from Tyrion's perspective when Rhaegal was shot down. Euron and his ships were way further away than the ship Tyrion was on. Be a sarcastic ass all you want, but it was a mistake on their part. It was almost as dumb as Dany trying to threaten Cersei with her tiny amount of troops.

And this explanation is as non-technical as it gets.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Opening scene of the battle at KL:

All the scorpions are aimed at Dany and her small army. Cersei has them dead to rights.

Suddenly, magical portals start opening all around them.

And through the portals enter:
Tormund & Ghost with a wilding army;
the Dorne army;
the Tully army;
the Second Sons;
Brienne & Pod;
The Hound & Arya;
Jaime;
Nymeria & her band of wolves;
Jon leading the Unsullied & Dothraki;
a ghost Stark army;
and Howland Reed.

Music swells.
combat wombat™
AG
I am simply amazed that someone was able to pick out that Starbucks cup.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

There are posts that have said it's worse than The Walking Dead. Someone with that opinion is a ****ing idiot

Or even "on par with Walking Dead" is dumb. It's still way superior to that show.
gigemJTH12
AG
Chase said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Question though...is there a reason Cersei wouldn't just kill all of them right there??

The archers would not have done much damage to anyone other than Tyrion (metal shields and distance) and, I believe, the scorpions are at their lowest angle when at rest so they could not aim down from there toward the group or dragon.

Good points
wangus12
AG
EFE said:

The Stark kids all talked about "the lone wolf dies" earlier in the season, and by the end of this episode they'd all lone wolf'd off in their own ways. No bueno.
Yeah it makes no sense. Arya is all like, "She's not one of us, protect the family." Then she sneaks out of the castle and says she is never returning. Kinda hoping the Mountain humbles her.
wangus12
AG
aggie-master said:

Who do yall want on the iron throne at this point?

I know the right answer is Jon, but I would be okay with Sansa at this point too.

Since the show likes to shock us I wouldn't be surprised if Dany goes full mad queen trying to burn the place to the ground and has Jon killed too and the final shot is her sitting on the iron throne.
I'd like it to be Jon, but doubt it will. Don't think Dany or Cersei will have it either so its either destroyed or someone else.
TPS_Report
AG
Maybe that Starbucks cup will get Martin back to the keyboard so he can tell the real story.

That episode was a donkey abortion.
TyHolden
AG
Dany dies
cercei dies
Jon wargs to ghost
Arya dies saving the hound
Tyrion gets KL
Sansa takes over but eventually goes to river dale to live with the elves
Bron lives in tree house with the woodpeckers
AgShaun00
AG
you have dragons and going back to your castle so lets not fly high and do some recon before all the ships get there to see if anything looks suspicious
First Page Last Page
Page 254 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.