****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,111,651 Views | 14599 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by Urban Ag
aggie-master
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who do yall want on the iron throne at this point?

I know the right answer is Jon, but I would be okay with Sansa at this point too.

Since the show likes to shock us I wouldn't be surprised if Dany goes full mad queen trying to burn the place to the ground and has Jon killed too and the final shot is her sitting on the iron throne.
Lex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ehh, I mean you hear things. You still have Varys and his ways and little birds. People talk. You're bound to find out some good **** with the messenger birds.
Lex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggie-master said:

Who do yall want on the iron throne at this point?

I know the right answer is Jon, but I would be okay with Sansa at this point too.

Since the show likes to shock us I wouldn't be surprised if Dany goes full mad queen trying to burn the place to the ground and has Jon killed too and the final shot is her sitting on the <<mostly melted>> iron throne.


Better
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chipotle said:

Madman said:

I have never complained about GoT much. Been very happy overall, for every season.

Something about season 8 is off. Still good but not on the mark.


It's getting wrapped up way too quickly.


Exactly how I feel. Love the show. And like this season, but this is really starting to feel rushed.

May not be D & D's fault though. They could be on time and budget restrictions.

Still enjoyed the episode. Even with the obvious faults.

The Bronn scene was really bad though.

RIP missy. Love you.

cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dont generally come here to *****, but if we're *****ing that was the worst episode of the whole show.


What exactly was the point of the nk and all the dead again? We didnt make it 5 minutes before they started politicking amongst themselves, again. Not even 1 minute of reflection about what happened and what it meant? Then all of a sudden half the group is going home, other half just marching straight to some stupid battle, with no plan and no intel whatsoever?

Why didnt the translator girl just take that queen for a dive off the wall? Insane not to do that.

How moronic to get ambushed again, doing something completely nonsensical, again.

How can they not have expected many more and much bigger anti dragon 'scorpions!?'

Those arrows wouldnt do that to ships.

But since they did, How exactly did the survivors end up back safe and not rounded up and captued like the translator girl? Wtf was that whole dumb**** fake looking battle about anyway?

On what planet would the queen not kill all those idiots standing 100 yards from her gate?

Who writes this **** ? Total utter nonsense.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Martin revealed one of his greatest frustrations: "You get totally extraneous things like the studio or the network weighing in, and they have some particular thing that has nothing to do with story, but relates to 'Well this character has a very high Q Rating so let's give him a lot more stuff to do.'"

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/1123230/Game-of-Thrones-George-RR-Martin-HBO-ending-books-change-differences-Iron-Throne-die
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sadly, even with martin's outline or whatever, this is what we get.

And these writers are likely the same ones that will be working on D&Ds Star Wars trilogy, where they have to make the stuff up 100%
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cbr said:

I dont generally come here to *****, but if we're *****ing that was the worst episode of the whole show.


What exactly was the point of the nk and all the dead again? We didnt make it 5 minutes before they started politicking amongst themselves, again. Not even 1 minute of reflection about what happened and what it meant? Then all of a sudden half the group is going home, other half just marching straight to some stupid battle, with no plan and no intel whatsoever?

Why didnt the translator girl just take that queen for a dive off the wall? Insane not to do that.

How moronic to get ambushed again, doing something completely nonsensical, again.

How can they not have expected many more and much bigger anti dragon 'scorpions!?'

Those arrows wouldnt do that to ships.

But since they did, How exactly did the survivors end up back safe and not rounded up and captued like the translator girl? Wtf was that whole dum**** fake looking battle about anyway?

On what planet would the queen not kill all those idiots standing 100 yards from her gate?

Who writes this ***** Total utter nonsense.

Wow, weren't you defending episode 3? I mean, some of what you are saying today is what people were *****ing about last week.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bangobango said:

Quote:

Martin revealed one of his greatest frustrations: "You get totally extraneous things like the studio or the network weighing in, and they have some particular thing that has nothing to do with story, but relates to 'Well this character has a very high Q Rating so let's give him a lot more stuff to do.'"

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/1123230/Game-of-Thrones-George-RR-Martin-HBO-ending-books-change-differences-Iron-Throne-die
So who is the person telling Uncle Georgie that his Yelp-like reviews of meals in Westeros have such a high Q rating that he spends pages and pages describing what people are eating.
tv1113
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The whole season has been full of military WTF moments.

How Daenerys misses an entire fleet of boats ifrom a vantage point in the air is beyond me. Why she would fly directly towards them instead of dive bomb them.....

Also why those boats were turned towards their side to get shredded...

After all of the dumb idiotic moments in battle of winterfell they just keep making the good guys look like inexperienced idiots.

This season really hasn't had that great of a story with the NK not being the final battle, turning Daenerys into a villain with her lust for the crown, and they are just covering it up with a few crazy shock factor moments with Arya and now the next dragon death.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honestly, it should have been Drogon that got killed (with Dany on a boat like she should have been).

THAT would have been the proper motivation to make Dany get all MAD QUEEN.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not seeing the boats is really mind numbingly stupid. I mean, really, really stupid and just completely unrealistic.

I said this before when they had a sneak attack from Euron against Yara, sneak attacks on the open ocean are really freaking hard to do. Sneak attacks on the open ocean when you have eyes in the sky is just not going to happen, at least not at the speed that they are trying to make it look like in the show.

If they could see the dragons, then the dragons could see them. Don't give me this "they were hiding behind the cliffs" BS. If they were hiding behind the cliffs and the dragons couldn't see them, they they would not have LOS to line up that shot.

and another thing that they won't address, is somebody is tipping Euron off to the movements of the fleets. The only way he could know two times now where the fleets are going is if somebody in the command structure is tipping him off. They will ignore that, though.
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone think that part of Arya's reasons to go south is to keep an eye on Jon and Daenerys?
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

gigemJTH12 said:

What is wrong with some of you??? That **** was awesome.


It was good. Too many complainers that feel like complaining makes them better GoT fans I feel like. It's just a damn show.


Yes!
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
canadiaggie said:

Anyone think that part of Arya's reasons to go south is to keep an eye on Jon and Daenerys?
Maybe Cleganebow' related.

Hound and Mountain fight. Hound kills Mountain but is mortally wounded.

Asks Arya to put him out of his misery, in a callback to when she left him back in Season 2 or 3. She does so.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I enjoyed this episode more the episode three, but the writing is just really bad at this point and they're having to pay for some of the decisions that they made in the past that were nothing but fan service instead of keeping the integrity of the story.

This idea that Tyrion would try this hard to save Cersei is hard to swallow. It is just really making him look like a complete dumbass.

Should've kept Jaime and Brienne platonic. I really do not understand what changed from before Jaime heard about the ambush to when Jaime decides to leave and go south. In both cases, he knew they would likely kill Cersei if they could. I guess this means he now thinks they're going to fail, so he is going to finish the job?

Don't show up to a negotiation for an unconditional surrender with twenty freaking unsullied. What kind of crap is that? Of course she is going to tell you to f-off.

Nice to see that at least Cersei realizes that the purpose of castles and keeps is to keep your forces behind the walls so that they are harder to kill.

The Bronn in this episode is closer to the Bronn in the books. They're paying for making him more likeable I guess b/c of his Q score. The fact that they brought him in and made him act that way makes me think they're going to shoehorn him doing something pretty major (like killing one of our main characters).

Sansa telling Tyrion immediately about Jon. Isn't that what got Ned executed?
Body By Fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
canadiaggie said:

Anyone think that part of Arya's reasons to go south is to keep an eye on Jon and Daenerys?
You mean for Sansa?

I dunno, but nobody's mentioning Arya's convo w/ the Hound. He said he's not coming back, and she said "I'm not either."

That's a pretty big abrupt departure with no farewells on camera. No idea what Arya has planned.
Render
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Sadly, even with martin's outline or whatever, this is what we get.

And these writers are likely the same ones that will be working on D&Ds Star Wars trilogy, where they have to make the stuff up 100%

This. The show just feels so contrived.

Now I really want George to finish the books. Maybe he let the show catch up so he would know what NOT to do.
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tv1113 said:

The whole season has been full of military WTF moments.

How Daenerys misses an entire fleet of boats ifrom a vantage point in the air is beyond me. Why she would fly directly towards them instead of dive bomb them.....

Also why those boats were turned towards their side to get shredded...

After all of the dumb idiotic moments in battle of winterfell they just keep making the good guys look like inexperienced idiots.

This season really hasn't had that great of a story with the NK not being the final battle, turning Daenerys into a villain with her lust for the crown, and they are just covering it up with a few crazy shock factor moments with Arya and now the next dragon death.
Yeah, thats about like the hiryu seeing spruance's dive bombers first and shooting them down with aa guns before they could even attack.

Absurd.

And bronn just happens to pop in and out like chris farley in an snl skit? Obviously they dont even have anyone watching the gates?

Not only do they have dragons they could scout with, but they have a dude that can drone pilot freaking crows. Yet they just sort of half sail off and half march off blind?
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango said:

cbr said:

I dont generally come here to *****, but if we're *****ing that was the worst episode of the whole show.


What exactly was the point of the nk and all the dead again? We didnt make it 5 minutes before they started politicking amongst themselves, again. Not even 1 minute of reflection about what happened and what it meant? Then all of a sudden half the group is going home, other half just marching straight to some stupid battle, with no plan and no intel whatsoever?

Why didnt the translator girl just take that queen for a dive off the wall? Insane not to do that.

How moronic to get ambushed again, doing something completely nonsensical, again.

How can they not have expected many more and much bigger anti dragon 'scorpions!?'

Those arrows wouldnt do that to ships.

But since they did, How exactly did the survivors end up back safe and not rounded up and captued like the translator girl? Wtf was that whole dum**** fake looking battle about anyway?

On what planet would the queen not kill all those idiots standing 100 yards from her gate?

Who writes this ***** Total utter nonsense.

Wow, weren't you defending episode 3? I mean, some of what you are saying today is what people were *****ing about last week.
Yes, i thought the entertainment value was really good, enough to overlook some logical fails. But this was just one long logic fail in broad daylight.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG




redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So much already covered tonight, some of which I agree, some I don't.

I really haven't seen the Mad Queen stuff others do, or that Varys apparently sees. As someone else said, just about everything Dany has loved or known for however many years since season 1 is gone. A mad person wouldn't have held it together this long. Maybe watching Missandei die makes her crack? Ok, fine, but I think she's been mostly rational to this point. The only dumb thing was how big a rush she's in after the long night. She spent all that time in Essos, but she can't wait a week to get some rest? I attribute that more to the writers pushing what they want rather than to her character.

Another thing someone said, that I thought about right away, was how Euron knows the exact time and place to ambush people. He must have a crystal ball. RIP Rhaegal. Heat seeking scorpion bolts fired from stealth ships, you never had a chance.

Jaime...f You man. Right after you found out Cersei sent Bronn to kill you and Tyrion you weren't too concerned. You already knew Jon left with an army, and Dany left with an army, all to go defeat Cersei...and you didn't care. So why does learning about the ambush make you ride off in the night back to Cersei? And how exactly do you plan to get there in time to do anything?

I hated that last scene. Knew Missandei was a goner, just figured she'd get pushed off instead of lopped off. How long ago was the last time Jaime and Cersei banged? She should be fat by now. Euron should be able to do simple math.

All in all, I think I liked this episode less than last week.

I actually had the thought that maybe Arya is going to kill Dany, but I'm 99% sure outs back to the list.
Kate Beckett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. How do you not realize there is a damn Starbucks cup in the shot?
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Holy crap.

bwahahahahahahahahaha.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:





That's unbelievable.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of y'all watch it again to verify. I immediately thought it was a Photoshop.
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
reb, said:

PatAg said:

Here's the thing. This show's first 4-5 seasons were basically faithfully adapted from a well written series of books. The past 2 seasons are them doing their best, but they dont have writers that are nearly as talented, and it's unfortunate. I still enjoy watching the show, but I also can't just act like its not being handled poorly.
Its HBO, theres no excuse for bad writing. They had two years for this season and not much to show for it. I'm going to finish this out and hope they pull out a miracle here. I think kililng Rhaegar off like he was a mosquito gives me some hope that they have the guts to make some hard choices. They are openly playing with the idea of killing Dany off. So, Dany is dying or Varys is, thats for sure.

I only tuned into this thread after the episode so I don't know if anyone else can relate, but I had a viscerally disgusted reaction to Jamie getting with Brienne. I'm a bad person who doesnt like ugly people and she is grotesque so it pained me to see that, its nasty. I don't know why they do this except to make Jamie killing Cersei more shocking, or his return to her side more shocking. I really hope Jamie doesnt kill Cersei because its too predictable.



I know some people are starting this, but this is weird man. I thought it was an awkward scene, but if it literally pained you to watch considering no more than they did, then that is kind of weird.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh one other thing...

They better be setting Jon up for some major action soon. He's been relegated to the bullpen the last 2 episodes.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

One of y'all watch it again to verify. I immediately thought it was a Photoshop.
Yep. At 16:35 starting from the top of the hour.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

One of y'all watch it again to verify. I immediately thought it was a Photoshop.
Yep. At 16:35 starting from the top of the hour.


Wow, they really are going through the motions
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


watch this, and you will no longer be annoyed by anyone on this thread
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Sadly, even with martin's outline or whatever, this is what we get.

And these writers are likely the same ones that will be working on D&Ds Star Wars trilogy, where they have to make the stuff up 100%

Hopefully they have an amazing series of books that basically serve as a script for them to use on that trilogy
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
clinker03 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

gigemJTH12 said:

What is wrong with some of you??? That **** was awesome.


It was good. Too many complainers that feel like complaining makes them better GoT fans I feel like. It's just a damn show.


Yes!
here's what it comes down to. Some people are more able to easily overlook poor writing than others. It doesn't make either side of the issue better than the other.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango said:

reb, said:

PatAg said:

Here's the thing. This show's first 4-5 seasons were basically faithfully adapted from a well written series of books. The past 2 seasons are them doing their best, but they dont have writers that are nearly as talented, and it's unfortunate. I still enjoy watching the show, but I also can't just act like its not being handled poorly.
Its HBO, theres no excuse for bad writing. They had two years for this season and not much to show for it. I'm going to finish this out and hope they pull out a miracle here. I think kililng Rhaegar off like he was a mosquito gives me some hope that they have the guts to make some hard choices. They are openly playing with the idea of killing Dany off. So, Dany is dying or Varys is, thats for sure.

I only tuned into this thread after the episode so I don't know if anyone else can relate, but I had a viscerally disgusted reaction to Jamie getting with Brienne. I'm a bad person who doesnt like ugly people and she is grotesque so it pained me to see that, its nasty. I don't know why they do this except to make Jamie killing Cersei more shocking, or his return to her side more shocking. I really hope Jamie doesnt kill Cersei because its too predictable.



I know some people are starting this, but this is weird man. I thought it was an awkward scene, but if it literally pained you to watch considering no more than they did, then that is kind of weird.

Do people like reb realize they don't have to press "post" on every asinine thought that tumbles from their head?
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PatAg said:

C@LAg said:

Sadly, even with martin's outline or whatever, this is what we get.

And these writers are likely the same ones that will be working on D&Ds Star Wars trilogy, where they have to make the stuff up 100%

Hopefully they have an amazing series of books that basically serve as a script for them to use on that trilogy
well, there is a lot of Legacy material for that time, that is for sure.
Page 253 of 418
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.