****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,409 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree and disagree.

In the North, there will be war. Bank on it. The real story is in the North. Ice will meet Fire.

IMO, this is going to be the "action" part of the end, probably the first four episodes. And it will be bloody and terrible.

But I am still banking that there will be no siege at King's Landing. This is where the protagonists will end the war with minimal bloodshed and maximum dramatic story telling. In the North, the masses will die in war. In the south, a few will die to save a kingdom.

God I can't wait for this.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea I meant warfare with the primary antagonist, the WW. Don't think it'll end with their "destruction."
M.C. Swag
AG
Stive said:

And by the end of that episode he was worm food and the Hound was back to wrecking shop with an ax.

There will be war.

Yea and the Hound killed those soldiers who did it. It's a never ending cycle. That's my point.
wangus12
AG
Yeah there is definitely going to be some form of violence at King's Landing and I agree with it being Cersei going full Mad King as well and trying to blow everything up. She isn't living through this. She chooses violence remember.

Quote:

Dany will not rule Westeros. She is the prince(princess) that was promised. Long Claw is Lightbringer. But we won't know that until Dany wields it.
I also think the entire Azor Ahai plot line is a red herring.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think Cersei will die after giving birth.

Jon and/or Dany will raise that child as their own. A b****rd, raised as a rightful heir to the throne, nicely mirroring Jon Snow's path. Tyrion will be his closest mentor.

That child will ultimately grow to become the best ruler in the history of Westeros, because of the people who surrounded and raised him. A Stark/Targaryen and a little Lannister thrown in for good measure. (Pun intended.)

This is the person who ends up truly "breaking the wheel".
Urban Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

disagree. I believe cersei will resort to the wildfire option, same as the mad king, when her world fully crumbles, and that is when J-dog will kin(g)slay her.

and that will occur when a siege happens after the WW have been taken care of.
No, I agree with that. But I don't think the siege goes hot war. Outside the gates. Jamie ends this before she can unleash it. History repeats. Jamie's arc is redemption and to repeat history. IMO of course.
Urban Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Yeah there is definitely going to be some form of violence at King's Landing and I agree with it being Cersei going full Mad King as well and trying to blow everything up. She isn't living through this. She chooses violence remember.

Quote:

Dany will not rule Westeros. She is the prince(princess) that was promised. Long Claw is Lightbringer. But we won't know that until Dany wields it.
I also think the entire Azor Ahai plot line is a red herring.
Interesting take. We'll find out soon enough.
redline248
AG
I don't have any "I think this will happen..." but I would put low odds on Cersei blowing anything up with wildfire. She already did that. Is there even any left?
Urban Ag
AG
sorry broseph but there is no way that both Dany and Jon survive this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
hence the 'or' in the "and/or"
Teddy Perkins
AG
One thing I haven't seen discussed much is how Jon will grapple with Dany being his aunt and vice versa. I think they're going to have major issues and internal struggles with it but one of them will die making it a moot point. Betting Jon is in complete disbelief when Bran tells him too.
Urban Ag
AG
coffee not kicked in, my bad
Urban Ag
AG
I think Dany will be dead before he knows. I don't anticipate that everyone arrives in Winterfell and Bran/Sam just dump all of this on them.
AgShaun00
AG
Cersei will survive it all, but will lose everything to get the throne. The last scene will be the white walkers destroying everything
wangus12
AG
Well Bran is a dick these days.

Still holding out hope for Howland Reed to show up
bobinator
AG
I still think there are very good odds that Jon never finds out who he is.
M.C. Swag
AG
HtownAg92
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Jon and/or Dany will raise that child as their own. A b****rd, raised as a rightful heir to the throne, nicely mirroring Jon Snow's path. Tyrion will be his closest mentor.

That child will ultimately grow to become the best ruler in the history of Westeros, because of the people who surrounded and raised him. A Stark/Targaryen and a little Lannister thrown in for good measure. (Pun intended.)

Cersei gives birth to a dwarf as the ultimate irony and insult.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not bad.
A. Solzhenitsyn
HtownAg92 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cersei gives birth to a dwarf as the ultimate irony and insult.
wow, I haven't heard that idea thrown out there yet, but I dig it. would be perfect. and let's face it, they've been tempting fate with those inbred kids so far anyways.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, how's this one.

That story Cersei told about having a black-haired baby with Robert, which died --

What if she sent it away from KL (because it wasn't Jaime's), and it was actually Gendry, making him a legitimate heir?

Jon and Dany die fighting the WW, fulfilling their purpose of saving Westeros, and Gendry ends up on the Iron Throne. (With Arya as his queen.)
Ol Jock 99
AG
1) She would never abandon her child
2) That goes against the prophecy she received as a girl.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
She might if she didn't consider it a true child of hers, and more of a child of Robert's.

Plus, that prophecy is already shot, as she's pregnant with a fourth child.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

She might if she didn't consider it a true child of hers, and more of a child of Robert's.

I don't think she's actually pregnant with a fourth child. She is just using that as a ploy to play Tyrion to get them to focus on the army of the dead while she gets the Gold Cloaks from Essos. She has to lie to Jamie to keep up the front.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The prophecy is not shot.

It said she would have three children who would precede her in death. This child, if real, is not born yet. If she dies before it's born or has a miscarriage or stillborn the prophecy still works.
Icecream_Ag
S
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The prophecy is not shot.

It said she would have three children who would precede her in death. This child, if real, is not born yet. If she dies before it's born or has a miscarriage or stillborn the prophecy still works.
actually the child doesn't have to die. She has had three blonde children precede her in death already
213 Grove
AG
I posted this theory a few pages back. I'm all in on this one
wangus12
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't think she's actually pregnant with a fourth child. She is just using that as a ploy to play Tyrion to get them to focus on the army of the dead while she gets the Gold Cloaks from Essos. She has to lie to Jamie to keep up the front.
I agree on this. She is a master manipulator and she is messing with her brothers to try and control them
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
213 Grove said:

I haven't followed this thread so I don't know what's been talked about but going through a rewatch it hit me....could Gendry be Robert Baratheons and Cersei's 1st born and actual heir to to Robert Baratheon??

In the second episode Cersei says she had a black of hair child and that he died at birth, then Gendry two episodes later says his mother was golden of hair but died...then I read this..

https://winteriscoming.net/2017/03/04/speculation-cersei-lannister-gendrys-real-mother/

Not sure if I forgot about this post or completely skipped over it. Either way, we're on the same page.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Well the prophecy (book anyway) said she would only have three children - she was giving Cersei a sum total of children for her and Robert (separately). At least the way I read it. Why mention 16 for Robert and not any others for Cersei.

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?

M****: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
67 days to go, 67 episodes to watch.

For those that want to do 1 episode a day, now's the time to start!

Agnzona
Who can watch just one at a time? It's like eating just one potato chip.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Teddy Perkins
AG
Agnzona said:

Who can watch just one at a time? It's like eating just one potato chip.
So true. I started a rewatch about 2 weeks ago thinking I'd pace myself to finish just before the premiere. I finished the rewatch this past weekend, sometimes knocking out 4 episodes at a time. Now I'm watching all the Nerd Soup "episode revisited" recaps to keep it fresh.
theSCHW4B
AG
Just finished my re-watch a few days ago. I'm still disappointed at how cheesy "Beyond the Wall" was. After the last scene of "Eas****ch" which showed arguably the 7 greatest fighters alive marching off to complete their mission, I was expecting the most badass episode of the entire series. I felt like what we got was very underwhelming.

First off, the entire plan of risking everyone to capture a wight was stupid to begin with. The zombie bear I guess was necessary to show that animals could be turned. Gendry setting the world record for the marathon and collapsing right at the wall. Dany showing up just in time to save the day, which everyone knew was coming. Jon continuing to fight instead of hopping on Drogon and getting the hell out of there. The Night King killing a smaller dragon instead of hitting Drogon right in front of him. The "suspense" of Jon falling through the ice. Uncle Benjen showing up just in time, and then unnecessarily sacrificing himself. Jon reaching the wall right before Dany gives up hope. So many eye roll moments that I felt like could have been done so much better.

I don't want to bash it too much, it's just that my expectations were probably just way to high going in. Probably had to also do with this episode being the one that was leaked.
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.