****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,248 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Malcolm52
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
theSCHW4B said:

Just finished my re-watch a few days ago. I'm still disappointed at how cheesy "Beyond the Wall" was. After the last scene of "Eas****ch" which showed arguably the 7 greatest fighters alive marching off to complete their mission, I was expecting the most badass episode of the entire series. I felt like what we got was very underwhelming.

First off, the entire plan of risking everyone to capture a wight was stupid to begin with. The zombie bear I guess was necessary to show that animals could be turned. Gendry setting the world record for the marathon and collapsing right at the wall. Dany showing up just in time to save the day, which everyone knew was coming. Jon continuing to fight instead of hopping on Drogon and getting the hell out of there. The Night King killing a smaller dragon instead of hitting Drogon right in front of him. The "suspense" of Jon falling through the ice. Uncle Benjen showing up just in time, and then unnecessarily sacrificing himself. Jon reaching the wall right before Dany gives up hope. So many eye roll moments that I felt like could have been done so much better.

I don't want to bash it too much, it's just that my expectations were probably just way to high going in. Probably had to also do with this episode being the one that was leaked.
You're spot on. The series has some well earned equity, but in reality most of season 7 was a bit eye roll inducing. They definitely struggled without any source material to guide them. Felt like the characters were just doing things that seemed out of character in order to advance the plot. To me it was easily the worst season.

They have set a high bar in this show. Hopefully Season 8 can measure up. I am pumped either way!
Agnzona
Season 1 and 6 are easily the best. 7 maybe the most disappointing as it seemed so rushed and contrived. If it set up a great season 8 all will be forgiven. If 8 is more like 7 I'll be pissed. I don't really care if everyone dies and the moral is war has no good ending or if there are 3-4 feel good stories at the end just that it make some sense giving all we know.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
boy09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

67 days to go, 67 episodes to watch.

For those that want to do 1 episode a day, now's the time to start!

I started too early. I just finished season 5 last night...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I started a few weeks ago, and on weekends it's impossible to do just one.

On weeknights, I usually wait until 10 pm or so to guarantee I just watch one. I'm trying to make it last until right before the premiere.

Currently on S2E6.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Agnzona said:

Season 1 and 6 are easily the best. 7 maybe the most disappointing as it seemed so rushed and contrived. If it set up a great season 8 all will be forgiven. If 8 is more like 7 I'll be pissed. I don't really care if everyone dies and the moral is war has no good ending or if there are 3-4 feel good stories at the end just that it make some sense giving all we know.
Season 2 says hi. The scenes with Arya and Tywin, the political drama that makes Game of Thrones, Ygritte teasing Jon, Tyrion using wildfire to defend King's Landing, intro of Ser Davos, Jaqen H'gar, wargs, and giants. Season 2 is tops for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Couldn't agree more on Beyond the Wall. The low point of the season, and maybe of the show overall. (Along with the Sand Snakes episode.)

Glad they managed to get back to a high level with the finale. And I hope the final season doesn't feel like that episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But, I can't rag on all of season 7. Drogon burning the Lannister army was just pure badassery.

But yeah, the early seasons (2 and 3 in particular) were really the best overall, for all the political intrigue that is kind of missing now.

But Battle of the *******s, Winds of Winter, and Hardhome may be my favorite episodes overall.
Malcolm52
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But, I can't rag on all of season 7. Drogon burning the Lannister army was just pure badassery.

But yeah, the early seasons (2 and 3 in particular) were really the best overall, for all the political intrigue that is kind of missing now.

But Battle of the *******s, Winds of Winter, and Hardhome may be my favorite episodes overall.
Drogon attacking the Lannister army was awesome. But then on the other hand you have the ridiculously cheesy Jamie charge the dragon and still survive sequence. There were some great shots/visuals, but just a lot of weird/dumb scenes in season 7.
Stive
AG
To me the Sand Snakes episode(s) were easily the worst. Beyond the Wall was pretty cheesy and predictable at times but I can't watch the Sand Snakes at all.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

M.C. Swag
AG
Stive said:

To me the Sand Snakes episode(s) were easily the worst. Beyond the Wall was pretty cheesy and predictable at times but I can't watch the Sand Snakes at all.
Beyond the Wall was made worse by the ridiculous nature of Dany having all 3 dragons and any of which could have destroyed the WWs single handedly.
bobinator
AG
It was made worse by everything about it. It was just a horribly conceived plot piece. Nothing about it made sense.
A. Solzhenitsyn
I just watched season 7 for the first time. here is my conclusion:

season 7 = (dramatic sword draws + deus ex machina) X every episode
Ol Jock 99
AG
Sam's been doing zoomba!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Sam's been doing zoomba!

Bran has not.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
I was expecting something 'shopped at the end with the Night King sitting on the Iron Throne with everything else around him in ruins. You know, just to keep things interesting.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Lots of these look like they're from Winterfell. How long will it take for Bran to tell Jon about his aunt?
A. Solzhenitsyn
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Sam's been doing zoomba!

Bran has not.
solid
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GET ****ING HYPE
Agnzona
Well at least no one died in the off season.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
aTmAg
AG
Malcolm52 said:

theSCHW4B said:

Just finished my re-watch a few days ago. I'm still disappointed at how cheesy "Beyond the Wall" was. After the last scene of "Eas****ch" which showed arguably the 7 greatest fighters alive marching off to complete their mission, I was expecting the most badass episode of the entire series. I felt like what we got was very underwhelming.

First off, the entire plan of risking everyone to capture a wight was stupid to begin with. The zombie bear I guess was necessary to show that animals could be turned. Gendry setting the world record for the marathon and collapsing right at the wall. Dany showing up just in time to save the day, which everyone knew was coming. Jon continuing to fight instead of hopping on Drogon and getting the hell out of there. The Night King killing a smaller dragon instead of hitting Drogon right in front of him. The "suspense" of Jon falling through the ice. Uncle Benjen showing up just in time, and then unnecessarily sacrificing himself. Jon reaching the wall right before Dany gives up hope. So many eye roll moments that I felt like could have been done so much better.

I don't want to bash it too much, it's just that my expectations were probably just way to high going in. Probably had to also do with this episode being the one that was leaked.
You're spot on. The series has some well earned equity, but in reality most of season 7 was a bit eye roll inducing. They definitely struggled without any source material to guide them. Felt like the characters were just doing things that seemed out of character in order to advance the plot. To me it was easily the worst season.

They have set a high bar in this show. Hopefully Season 8 can measure up. I am pumped either way!
I thought the same thing. Everything seemed too tidy compared to early seasons. They also seemed to go back to the dragon well too much. Every problem seemed solvable by a dragon blasting it with fire.

It's because of these sorts of things, that I think the series will end with all sorts of good feels and happy endings. Early on, bad things happened to good people. At the end, good guys were getting their just revenge, and bad guys were dying, etc.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

The Stark&Targaryen winter collection available only at Target.

PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

The Stark&Targaryen winter collection available only at Target.

Hah!

Gave you a star!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean Wall-Mart.
Madmarttigan
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You mean Wall-Mart.
Turrble.

This thread has gone downhill since we stopped discussing the women of GoT.
Formerly tv1113
ChoppinDs40
AG
Season 3 is the turning point of the show I think. The war is ended.

Rains of castamere
Bear and the Maiden
Arya gets needle back
Dany goes to mereen and sets in place like 3 seasons of her essos conquest
A. Solzhenitsyn
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You mean Wall-Mart.
this is so delightfully nerdy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
HtownAg92
AG
Too soon.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Rewatching. Today is Sand Snakes attack. So pitiful it doesn't even get a violence warning in the beginning.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

They could have left Dorne completely out of the TV series, and no one would be any worse off, from an audience POV.

Other than the Tower of Joy stuff.

Ummmm. Sand snake boobs. And some kinky sex scenes with their mom Ellaria.

Worth it.
Phrasing
AG
Oberyn Martell was one of my favorite characters. The scene with him and Tyrion in the dungeon was fantastic. Then he had to get all cocky and went full watermelon head. Never go full watermelon head.

I remember being mad for several days after that, much like watching the Ags give up a 4th quarter lead to Auburn. He was so close to winning and throwing so much chaos into everything in Kings landing and blew it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ATM1876 said:

Anyone notice Jaime's wearing northern armor? Pretty awesome.

I wonder if he joins with the northern army at Winterfell, or is trying to infiltrate them to murder Danaerys/Jon.

I feel like he's turned the corner and will finally turn on Cersei, but there's just no knowing with him.

First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.