****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,086 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol i think we can dispense of the notion that Jamie is going North as an assasin. He's been drifting further from Cersei every season. Both of them are going down 2 opposite paths; Cersei one of the Mad King and Jamie as a redemptive hero. Cersei losing her kids is akin to losing her only moral compass (true love) while Jamie losing his hand led him to find his.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hope so as well. But, he did charge at Danaerys with a spear what, 3 episodes ago?
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hope so as well. But, he did charge at Danaerys with a spear what, 3 episodes ago?
That was also before he made a pact to fight with the North against the WWs. His (new found) honor won't allow him to betray that pact (and obviously why Cersei threatened to have him killed by the Zomountain).
theSCHW4B
AG
Jamie has become my favorite character. He has had IMO the best and most dramatic arc on the show. Who would've thought he would be where he is today after Season 1? I'm really looking forward to seeing how he is embraced by the North. Will be ironic that Bran will most likely have to be the one to vouch for him.
Urban Ag
AG
theSCHW4B said:

Jamie has become my favorite character. He has had IMO the best and most dramatic arc on the show. Who would've thought he would be where he is today after Season 1? I'm really looking forward to seeing how he is embraced by the North. Will be ironic that Bran will most likely have to be the one to vouch for him.
This. Great post.

Jamie is fully going over to he Dany/Jon side. And I think people may be surprised how pivotal his role is going to be in finishing this story out.

Best developed character in both the books and the series.
CapCityAg89
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg said:

They could have left Dorne completely out of the TV series, and no one would be any worse off, from an audience POV.

Other than the Tower of Joy stuff.

Ummmm. Sand snake boobs. And some kinky sex scenes with their mom Ellaria.

Worth it.

Also Martell v Mountain.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

ATM1876 said:

Anyone notice Jaime's wearing northern armor? Pretty awesome.

I wonder if he joins with the northern army at Winterfell, or is trying to infiltrate them to murder Danaerys/Jon.

I feel like he's turned the corner and will finally turn on Cersei, but there's just no knowing with him.

Jaime's character arc is one of the best. Conceited, House-first, Might-makes-right, incestuous Kingsguard is humiliated and defeated by a "boy", castigated by a (large, fierce) woman, and humbled by the loss of his sword hand. Now he's still fiercely family-loyal, and incestuous, but has a seeming red line on that loyalty (due to his brother and sister being on opposing sides), he's having to be more clever and strong-willed than physically-skilled to win battles, and is also seeming to be able to put realm before personal ambition...

Is this leading to personal heartbreak for him and an act of catharsis with respect to his insane sister? We shall see...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agree, Jaime's arc has been amazing. I'm in the middle of my rewatch and it's interesting seeing how far he's come from the ******* in S1-2.
M.C. Swag
AG
My only quibble with Jamie's 'arc' is when he raped Cersei at the foot of their dead son's body. Like, I understand that's how it played out in the books but it felt like a complete reversal of growth that we had been shown.

Otherwise, yea, the way the show portrays their characters in shades of Gray is one of the most appealing aspects. Objectively evil people can do acts of good/heroism and it makes you feel weird. Like, The Hound was a straight up bad guy (killed the buther's boy and robbed that family of their only money which may have directly led to their starvation).
jenn96
AG
M.C. Swag said:

My only quibble with Jamie's 'arc' is when he raped Cersei at the foot of their dead son's body. Like, I understand that's how it played out in the books but it felt like a complete reversal of growth that we had been shown.
The "rape" was a show addition. In the books Jaime did coerce Cersei onto having sex with him right there but all of her objections were of the "oh no we shouldn't we'll get caught" variety and it is clear by the end that she's a willing participant. It demonstrated that while Jaime had changed a lot he was still very much in thrall to Cersei, which is still such a part of his arc.

The show made it much less consensual and frankly confused the whole issue. I thought it was a bad choice to change. Kind of like how they made Dany's first wedding night much worse in the show.
M.C. Swag
AG
jenn96 said:

M.C. Swag said:

The "rape" was a show addition. In the books Jaime did coerce Cersei onto having sex with him right there but all of her objections were of the "oh no we shouldn't we'll get caught" variety and it is clear by the end that she's a willing participant. It demonstrated that while Jaime had changed a lot he was still very much in thrall to Cersei, which is still such a part of his arc.

The show made it much less consensual and frankly confused the whole issue. I thought it was a bad choice to change. Kind of like how they made Dany's first wedding night much worse in the show.
Guess I misremembered the book scene. But ya, point still stands from a show perspective.
trip
AG
Do you think Arya will use littlefingers face in season 8?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Arya's story line is done. She's only a pawn going forward.
aggierogue
AG
I just want to know where the WWs got the large chains to pull the dragon out of the water?! This has been a mystery that has yet to be revealed.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Cersei is still at the top of her list. Dont think Arya is done yet. Wouldn't be surprised if she ends up sacrificing herself to save Sansa as well at some point.
Disco Stu
AG
How did they get those chains on the dragon? I thought the WW could not swim.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wights can get in the water. See Hardhome. They've played fast and loose with time for a while, so who the eff cares about the chains? They got them somewhere.
Malcolm52
AG
aggierogue said:

I just want to know where the WWs got the large chains to pull the dragon out of the water?! This has been a mystery that has yet to be revealed.

Season 7 doesn't have to answer to you or anyone ok?! The plot needed it and so it was done
annie88
AG
How the hell is Cercies hair still short it's been months if not years since they cut it. Not real time but on the show. I mean if Jon can go back-and-forth to different lands then *******it Cerseis hair can grow out a little bit.
WoMD
annie88 said:

How the hell is Cercies hair still short it's been months if not years since they cut it. Not real time but on the show. I mean if Jon can go back-and-forth to different lands then *******it Cerseis hair can grow out a little bit.

I'm sure they had hair stylists in kings landing.
redline248
AG
WoMD said:

annie88 said:

I'm sure they had hair stylists in kings landing.

In the book, she started playing for the other team. Maybe it's just HBO's subtle way of saying she's into chicks, now.
Stive
AG
I don't think Arya is done at all. No one besides her knows she knocked out the Frey's. When it came to Littlefinger she just killed him as herself in front of everyone.

I think she still has another significant move in the coming episodes.
Agnzona
I just watched a fan theory that little finger is not dead, but is in fact Syrio Farel a faceless man.
redline248
AG
Agnzona said:

I just watched a fan theory that little finger is not dead, but is in fact Syrio Farel a faceless man.

FFS
G Martin 87
AG
Agnzona said:

OMG. Do I have to come right out and explicitly say "Syrio's dead"? Can't you people take a damn hint?
bearamedic99
AG
I just looked at the season 8 photos again and it appears Sansa has taken the black.
AgMarauder04
AG
Stive said:

I don't think Arya is done at all. No one besides her knows she knocked out the Frey's. When it came to Littlefinger she just killed him as herself in front of everyone.

I think she still has another significant move in the coming episodes.

Could see her killing Cersei either when she is denying aid during the war or the war is over and she thinks she's safe.
Agnzona
Cersei kills herself most likely.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Rofl.

Arya is major player, she has never been a pawn.

The North remembers.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Rofl.

Arya is major player, she has never been a pawn.

The North remembers.

Well, never a pawn, but irrelevant for a long time.
Belton Ag
AG
Doubt GRRM and HBO would spend all that storytime developing her character just to off Littlefinger and then fade away.

Better than even odds she plays a massive part in winding this thing up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Arya has a valyrian steel dagger. Valyrian steel kills white walkers.
bearamedic99
AG
and HBO, it's never too late to feature Strong Belwas
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Arya has a valyrian steel dagger. Valyrian steel kills white walkers.
Is it the one that was used in the attempt on Bran's life? Can you remind me where she got it?
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.