****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,519 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello there said:

I like Tywin a bit more every rewatch. At least until he tries to kill Tyrion.

But, he's kind of great in season 2. He's pragmatic and ruthless, but never does something for no good reason. And he is the only one who ever treats Arya well.

I was saddest with his death over all others. Dance absolutely owned that role and was incredible.
Olsen
AG
Game of Thrones and the Bud Light "Dilly Dilly" segment did a crossover commercial for the Super Bowl.
Swarely
I hope that is the end of Dilly Dilly. Would make me love GoT they much more.
Hello there
Capitol Ag
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Game of Thrones and the Bud Light "Dilly Dilly" segment did a crossover commercial for the Super Bowl.
Have to admit, that was awesome.
Olsen
AG
The Mountain took another life away
Hello there
I always hated these commercials. A fitting end say I!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ol Jock 99
AG
GoT killed Big Beer. All hail GoT!!
AgfromHOU
AG
Best commercial I've seen tonight
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Loved it. Crushed his head and it sounded like a beer can. Lol.
Olsen
AG
Looks like Bud Light "Dilly Dilly" is still alive!
The Dog Lord
AG
I heard GRRM spent 3 months writing this commercial.
Ol Jock 99
AG
S5E4 Bron and Jamie discussing death.

B: How do you want to die.
J: In the arms of the woman I love.

Foreshadowing?
Urban Ag
AG
Agnzona said:

Lady Brienne will get laid this season no doubt. The only question is with whom?
Jamie

bank on it
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Hello there
Hello there
Arya + Gendry
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Urban Ag
AG
Hello there said:

Arya + Gendry
I'm predicting that as the final scene. It would be fitting too.
Hello there
How did they not call the ad "Fire & Bud"?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Hello there
A Bud of Ice and Fire
Urban Ag
AG
A Tormund cameo in that commercial would have been epic.

Bud Light King hands a stein to Tormund welcoming him. Tormund happily accepts, takes a long pull, foam running down his beard. Then immediately spits it all back out and declares "is this what you sothron lords pass for ale? HARRRRR....."
Counterpoint
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Loved it. Crushed his head and it sounded like a beer can. Lol.

But was the beer made with corn syrup?

G Martin 87
AG
Hello there said:

A Bud of Ice and Fire
Ooooooo, that's good. I may have to steal that for next year's commercial. Should start writing tomorrow so I don't miss any deadlines.

Oh, who am I kidding?
Hello there
https://t.co/PqS11P7BlI

lol
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

Hello there said:

https://t.co/PqS11P7BlI

lol
Somewhere GRR Martin is rolling over in his grave.

my favorite part other than the head crush of course, is when he tells his horse "giddyup Peanut".
Hello there
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
M.C. Swag
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Urban Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Jon Targaryeon will sit the Iron Throne.
No chance.
We shall see Spilner.

One thing I have learned about GRRM over the years is that while his writings (especially GOT) are very complex, they also tend to make readers (and viewers) believe there is more to it than there is.

Dany will not rule Westeros. She is the prince(princess) that was promised. Long Claw is Lightbringer. But we won't know that until Dany wields it. Dany's entire character was always to right the wrongs the Targaryeon's brought upon Westeros. Dany came to Westeros to save it, not conquer it.

Jon is literally Fire and Ice. He will become the unwilling king. Sansa will remain the Lady of Winterfell. Brienne will become the Regent of Casterly Rock carrying Jamie's child. Varys, Missandie, and Davos will be Jon's trusted advisors. It's gonna happen.
I think the story does have a happy ending but definitely not one in which Jon and Dany go riding off into the sunset together. I believe Cersei will be killed and that the WWs will be 'assuaged.' Essentially, the 'good guys' win.

I've posted this a few seasons back, but I don't think this show will end that simplistically. Alt Shift X did a terrific video about GRRM and his personal motivations for writing the story. Apparently GRRM was a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War and Alt Shift postulated that Game of Thrones was a fable about the futility/wickedness of war. There's some pretty compelling evidence to support that notion when you consider all the examples of how good people resort to violence that is emotionally satisfying -- and even morally justified -- but are then met with catastrophic results. Basically driving home the point that 'blood begets blood.'

If the 'good guys' are to win, I don't think GRRM will resolve the story with violence, because so far violence hasn't resolved anything. And I used the phrase 'assuage the WWs' on purpose to support that notion. I don't think they will be slain or destroyed. I think they'll be understood and reasoned with (potentially by Bran?). (There's a whole slew of theories that the WWs actually built the wall to keep the humans out and all they want is to drive them back to their side)

I'm almost finished with my GoT re-watch and just finished Season 6, Ep. 7 - The Broken Man. There's a quote in there from Ian McShane's character that supports my growing belief (and earlier post above) that this show won't end via warfare or bloodshed. In this specific episode, Septon Brother Ray (portrayed by McShane) says:

"Violence is a disease. You don't cure it by spreading it to more people."

The basic gist being that blood begets blood and GRRM's whole purpose for writing this story is as an allegory for the horrors of war. It was just a quote i had forgotten about that really stuck out to me.
Stive
AG
And by the end of that episode he was worm food and the Hound was back to wrecking shop with an ax.

There will be war.
Urban Ag
AG
Hello there said:

This is the sh** in entertainment media that makes it worth tuning in. Outstanding.
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.