****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,212 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe

Incest isn't common in the show. One couple engaged it and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.
Maybe AggieZoom just meant that Cersei and Jamie got it on ALOT...
AggieZoom
AG
oh wait you're right... i was thinking of two siblings creating a "pure bloodline" but that was in The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina... my bad. got scenes confused in my head lol
but youre right. i remember the man who laid with his daughters and how Jon and the Nightswatch were disgusted lol
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
mayglan said:

I agree that Melisandre coming to Winterfell isn't very likely, but both Theon and Jaime showed up with death threats hanging over their heads. I remember Jon telling Theon that if he ever saw him again, he'd kill him. At Dragonstone, when they were on the beach. And Jaime had to know that any Stark or any Northman really would want him dead for what he did to Bran. They both came to Winterfell anyway.

* to be fair they were not mad at him for what he did to Bran - nobody knows that except Bran (he specifically asks Bran why he didn't tell them what he did).

They were mad at him because he was somewhat complicit in Ned's death - although that's really on Joffrey. And certainly knew of the plans to kill Robb/Caitlyn at the Red Wedding.

And Dany was mad at him for killing her father Aerys and basically leading to the Targs being exiled.

But as he said that was just war in those cases and he wasn't going to apologize.

But still valid that he would certainly not be received kindly.

PS - I really think he missed an opportunity to apologize for Ned though, that was hotheaded Joffrey and not Jamie. I don't think he was on board with that. In fact I don't think he was even there - he was in the Riverlands then. Cersei, Joffrey, Sansa, Littlefinger, Pycelle, and Varys were there.
bonfarr
AG
AggieZoom said:

i see saw a foreshadowing in Tyrion's "why do i feel by the end of this, one of you will be wearing this?" moment. I feel like he is going to die before it all ends. The episode had too much of Tyrion in it for my liking ( i like him but not the feeling i was getting after he said that and the rest of the episode had him all over it).
especially towards the end of the episode when he is standing on the castle wall looking out alone into the darkness.... this is just my hunch but i called it as soon as i saw it lol

If he dies who is Hand of the Queen when Dany takes the throne? Varys would be my guess. He has always known he could never rule but has always wanted to be the true power behind the throne.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe

Incest isn't common in the show. One couple engaged it and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.
Cersei slept with her cousin as well.
bonfarr
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I read an interview with GRR Martin where he said his original plan was to have Arya and Jon Snow get it on, how awkward would that have been.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-season-8-arya-stark-jon-snow-george-rr-martin-a8878946.html%3famp
AggieZoom
AG
bonfarr said:

I read an interview with GRR Martin where he said his original plan was to have Arya and Jon Snow get it on, how awkward would that have been.
i was deeply distubed by that scene with Arya lol
she looks 12!
Federale01
AG
For such a great character, he sure has been quiet in these first two episodes.
AggieZoom
AG
bonfarr said:

If he dies who is Hand of the Queen when Dany takes the throne? Varys would be my guess. He has always known he could never rule but has always wanted to be the true power behind the throne.
most likely OR Jora if he lives?
Rex Racer
AG
AggieZoom said:

i see saw a foreshadowing in Tyrion's "why do i feel by the end of this, one of you will be wearing this?" moment. I feel like he is going to die before it all ends. The episode had too much of Tyrion in it for my liking ( i like him but not the feeling i was getting after he said that and the rest of the episode had him all over it).
especially towards the end of the episode when he is standing on the castle wall looking out alone into the darkness.... this is just my hunch but i called it as soon as i saw it lol
I think that either Tyrion, Jamie, or both live through the BoW because at least one of them has to be alive for when Ser Bronn of the Blackwater arrives in the North.
AgShaun00
AG
last episode will have jon snow and sansa consummating their marriage on the iron throne.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

errrr.....

Cersei and Jamie - a lot
Cersei and her cousin Lancel
Craster and his many daughters
Viserys and Dany - not sex per se but a little too personal he made her strip and basically fondled her.
Jon and Dany

not incest per se but.... Margaery had a near threeway with her first gay husband Renly and Loras... then married Joffrey, then married and slept with his brother too.....poor girl. but she seemed open to just about anything.

there's a lot of familial bed hopping going on.
jenn96
AG
I keep thinking about the crypts. I wonder just how bad it's going to be. All the women (mostly) will be down there, little Sam, Gilly, Tyrion, Varys. Sansa's not a fighter so she may be down there too. The crypts played such a big part in the promos that it makes me wonder just what might show up there, especially with all of the foreshadowing last week. I have to admit, I find the idea of all the Stark Kings rising up as skeleton zombies a bit stupid, but could the Walkers know a back way in?

Rex Racer
AG
AgShaun00 said:

last episode will have jon snow and sansa consummating their marriage on the iron throne.
Perfectly legal in California and many other states, since they are first cousins. But not in Texas! :-)
redline248
AG
I like how you have to use two "not ___ per se" arguments, and Jon and Dany didn't know it was incest. Those instances don't make it "common."
bonfarr
AG
redline248 said:

I like how you have to use two "not ___ per se" arguments, and Jon and Dany didn't know it was incest. Those instances don't make it "common."

Are you from West Virginia or what?
redline248
AG
Quote:

but could the Walkers know a back way in?

They could if the Night King was a Stark. I wonder if he retains memories from before he was created.
redline248
AG
bonfarr said:

redline248 said:

Are you from West Virginia or what?

Oh ffs, the entire continent of people think incest is an abomination, but sure, it's common.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

didn't say it was "common"... you said "ONE" couple engaged in it.

not true at all. At least 4 I listed for you. 2 others were too close for comfort.

it's not common but it's not unheard of or ONE instance either.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
K
jenn96
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

They could if the Night King was a Stark. I wonder if he retains memories from before he was created.

Book nerd here but wasn't Winterfell built after the Long Night by Bran the Builder? Not sure if that was mentioned in the show.

Although it segues into something else that is bugging me. What is the Night Kings motivation? I get that we're not going to get a long extended backstory in the remaining few episodes but I personally don't find "he wants to extinguish the memory of men" very compelling. And why now? Did something happen to set off the Walkers when they were fine just chillin for 8000 years? It seems personal between him and the current surviving Starks and I hope they're planning to expand just a little bit on it. The Walkers became aggressive before the dragons were born, before Bran came north of the wall, before Craster was killed. Why?
jboog
AG
jenn96 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

Book nerd here but wasn't Winterfell built after the Long Night by Bran the Builder? Not sure if that was mentioned in the show.

Although it segues into something else that is bugging me. What is the Night Kings motivation? I get that we're not going to get a long extended backstory in the remaining few episodes but I personally don't find "he wants to extinguish the memory of men" very compelling. And why now? Did something happen to set off the Walkers when they were fine just chillin for 8000 years? It seems personal between him and the current surviving Starks and I hope they're planning to expand just a little bit on it. The Walkers became aggressive before the dragons were born, before Bran came north of the wall, before Craster was killed. Why?
Honest question regarding the books as I haven't read them: can you even really correlate the books with the show at this point? Is there so much that's just drastically different?

Like isn't there no Night King in the books at this stage? And isn't Aegon Targaryen someone else?
aggieloko
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jenn96
AG
In a lot of ways yes, the show and books are really separate now. But my questions regarding the Night King are purely show-related, since he's a show-only creation. I hope we find out WHY he's coming to destroy humanity and I hope it's better reason than "because they're there." So far we don't know why, and why they came now (and not 20 or 100 or 1000 years ago).
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
I suppose he never figured out the solution to the Wall.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Davos kills Mel, takes out the flaming sword, and is confirmed as Azor Ahai.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Mel will probably show back up with a bunch of red priests and priestesses at the last minute whenever the final battle against the NK happens and save everyone, while dying in the process. Just seems that for a religion that is so focused on fighting against the WWs, they have up until this point done absolutely nothing to stop them, minus Thoros.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Seabreeze
From the moment my sister introduced me to the books yrs ago I was hooked. Then the show started. Me and the wife watched every week missing very few episodes on Sunday nights. I've never been much of a TV watcher, Star wars guy, or book reader but this story and show took me in full force. To me the last episode wasn't a filler, it wasn't garbage time, it was a final goodbye to alot of characters that for ten yrs have strangely become a part of our lives. We all ask ourselves if we had the chance and allowed just one night with a loved one we lost what would we say. They gave us that in that episode, it allowed us to say goodbye and let go. It was the funeral before the funeral. I loved the episode, but was saddened by it also knowing that as someone said there will be alot of empty chairs in that hall the following morning. Just my 2 cents..
Mayor West
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

gigemJTH12 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I would lay heavy money on Brienne. Everything about her screams 'yer dead.'

Exactly...too obvious IMO

Which is why she will not.... perhaps saved by Jamie who is now fighting in her group.

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
C@LAg said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Mel will probably show back up with a bunch of red priests and priestesses at the last minute whenever the final battle against the NK happens and save everyone, while dying in the process. Just seems that for a religion that is so focused on fighting against the WWs, they have up until this point done absolutely nothing to stop them, minus Thoros.
My guess as to her purpose is that she will be doing another resurrection before it is all over.
Certainly possible. I just think that it doesn't make sense for her to take off to Volantis just to come back essentially empty handed. I think she probably went to Volantis to round-up support.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 137 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.