****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,054,333 Views | 14590 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Episode IV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe


Incest isn't common in the show. One couple engaged it and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.
Maybe AggieZoom just meant that Cersei and Jamie got it on ALOT...
AggieZoom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh wait you're right... i was thinking of two siblings creating a "pure bloodline" but that was in The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina... my bad. got scenes confused in my head lol
but youre right. i remember the man who laid with his daughters and how Jon and the Nightswatch were disgusted lol
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mayglan said:

I agree that Melisandre coming to Winterfell isn't very likely, but both Theon and Jaime showed up with death threats hanging over their heads. I remember Jon telling Theon that if he ever saw him again, he'd kill him. At Dragonstone, when they were on the beach. And Jaime had to know that any Stark or any Northman really would want him dead for what he did to Bran. They both came to Winterfell anyway.

* to be fair they were not mad at him for what he did to Bran - nobody knows that except Bran (he specifically asks Bran why he didn't tell them what he did).


They were mad at him because he was somewhat complicit in Ned's death - although that's really on Joffrey. And certainly knew of the plans to kill Robb/Caitlyn at the Red Wedding.

And Dany was mad at him for killing her father Aerys and basically leading to the Targs being exiled.

But as he said that was just war in those cases and he wasn't going to apologize.

But still valid that he would certainly not be received kindly.

PS - I really think he missed an opportunity to apologize for Ned though, that was hotheaded Joffrey and not Jamie. I don't think he was on board with that. In fact I don't think he was even there - he was in the Riverlands then. Cersei, Joffrey, Sansa, Littlefinger, Pycelle, and Varys were there.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieZoom said:

i see saw a foreshadowing in Tyrion's "why do i feel by the end of this, one of you will be wearing this?" moment. I feel like he is going to die before it all ends. The episode had too much of Tyrion in it for my liking ( i like him but not the feeling i was getting after he said that and the rest of the episode had him all over it).
especially towards the end of the episode when he is standing on the castle wall looking out alone into the darkness.... this is just my hunch but i called it as soon as i saw it lol


If he dies who is Hand of the Queen when Dany takes the throne? Varys would be my guess. He has always known he could never rule but has always wanted to be the true power behind the throne.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe


Incest isn't common in the show. One couple engaged it and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.
Cersei slept with her cousin as well.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe


Incest isn't common in the show. One couple engaged it and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.


I read an interview with GRR Martin where he said his original plan was to have Arya and Jon Snow get it on, how awkward would that have been.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-season-8-arya-stark-jon-snow-george-rr-martin-a8878946.html%3famp
AggieZoom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:


I read an interview with GRR Martin where he said his original plan was to have Arya and Jon Snow get it on, how awkward would that have been.
i was deeply distubed by that scene with Arya lol
she looks 12!
Federale01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For such a great character, he sure has been quiet in these first two episodes.
AggieZoom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:


If he dies who is Hand of the Queen when Dany takes the throne? Varys would be my guess. He has always known he could never rule but has always wanted to be the true power behind the throne.
most likely OR Jora if he lives?
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieZoom said:

i see saw a foreshadowing in Tyrion's "why do i feel by the end of this, one of you will be wearing this?" moment. I feel like he is going to die before it all ends. The episode had too much of Tyrion in it for my liking ( i like him but not the feeling i was getting after he said that and the rest of the episode had him all over it).
especially towards the end of the episode when he is standing on the castle wall looking out alone into the darkness.... this is just my hunch but i called it as soon as i saw it lol
I think that either Tyrion, Jamie, or both live through the BoW because at least one of them has to be alive for when Ser Bronn of the Blackwater arrives in the North.
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
last episode will have jon snow and sansa consummating their marriage on the iron throne.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe


Incest isn't common in the show. One couple engaged it and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.

errrr.....

Cersei and Jamie - a lot
Cersei and her cousin Lancel
Craster and his many daughters
Viserys and Dany - not sex per se but a little too personal he made her strip and basically fondled her.
Jon and Dany

not incest per se but.... Margaery had a near threeway with her first gay husband Renly and Loras... then married Joffrey, then married and slept with his brother too.....poor girl. but she seemed open to just about anything.

there's a lot of familial bed hopping going on.
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep thinking about the crypts. I wonder just how bad it's going to be. All the women (mostly) will be down there, little Sam, Gilly, Tyrion, Varys. Sansa's not a fighter so she may be down there too. The crypts played such a big part in the promos that it makes me wonder just what might show up there, especially with all of the foreshadowing last week. I have to admit, I find the idea of all the Stark Kings rising up as skeleton zombies a bit stupid, but could the Walkers know a back way in?

Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgShaun00 said:

last episode will have jon snow and sansa consummating their marriage on the iron throne.
Perfectly legal in California and many other states, since they are first cousins. But not in Texas! :-)
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like how you have to use two "not ___ per se" arguments, and Jon and Dany didn't know it was incest. Those instances don't make it "common."
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I like how you have to use two "not ___ per se" arguments, and Jon and Dany didn't know it was incest. Those instances don't make it "common."


Are you from West Virginia or what?
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

but could the Walkers know a back way in?


They could if the Night King was a Stark. I wonder if he retains memories from before he was created.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

redline248 said:

I like how you have to use two "not ___ per se" arguments, and Jon and Dany didn't know it was incest. Those instances don't make it "common."


Are you from West Virginia or what?


Oh ffs, the entire continent of people think incest is an abomination, but sure, it's common.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I like how you have to use two "not ___ per se" arguments, and Jon and Dany didn't know it was incest. Those instances don't make it "common."
didn't say it was "common"... you said "ONE" couple engaged in it.

not true at all. At least 4 I listed for you. 2 others were too close for comfort.

it's not common but it's not unheard of or ONE instance either.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

Quote:

and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.

except you are wrong.
it continued all the way to the Mad King, who married his sister.
the Targs NEVER quit it. They very rarely marry outside, but the main bloodline has had incest since the conquest with only two or so exceptions.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
K
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

but could the Walkers know a back way in?


They could if the Night King was a Stark. I wonder if he retains memories from before he was created.

Book nerd here but wasn't Winterfell built after the Long Night by Bran the Builder? Not sure if that was mentioned in the show.

Although it segues into something else that is bugging me. What is the Night Kings motivation? I get that we're not going to get a long extended backstory in the remaining few episodes but I personally don't find "he wants to extinguish the memory of men" very compelling. And why now? Did something happen to set off the Walkers when they were fine just chillin for 8000 years? It seems personal between him and the current surviving Starks and I hope they're planning to expand just a little bit on it. The Walkers became aggressive before the dragons were born, before Bran came north of the wall, before Craster was killed. Why?
SAtxag16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jenn96 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

but could the Walkers know a back way in?
They could if the Night King was a Stark. I wonder if he retains memories from before he was created.
Book nerd here but wasn't Winterfell built after the Long Night by Bran the Builder? Not sure if that was mentioned in the show.

Although it segues into something else that is bugging me. What is the Night Kings motivation? I get that we're not going to get a long extended backstory in the remaining few episodes but I personally don't find "he wants to extinguish the memory of men" very compelling. And why now? Did something happen to set off the Walkers when they were fine just chillin for 8000 years? It seems personal between him and the current surviving Starks and I hope they're planning to expand just a little bit on it. The Walkers became aggressive before the dragons were born, before Bran came north of the wall, before Craster was killed. Why?
Honest question regarding the books as I haven't read them: can you even really correlate the books with the show at this point? Is there so much that's just drastically different?

Like isn't there no Night King in the books at this stage? And isn't Aegon Targaryen someone else?
aggieloko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
would Pod be the hammer?
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In a lot of ways yes, the show and books are really separate now. But my questions regarding the Night King are purely show-related, since he's a show-only creation. I hope we find out WHY he's coming to destroy humanity and I hope it's better reason than "because they're there." So far we don't know why, and why they came now (and not 20 or 100 or 1000 years ago).
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jenn96 said:

In a lot of ways yes, the show and books are really separate now. But my questions regarding the Night King are purely show-related, since he's a show-only creation. I hope we find out WHY he's coming to destroy humanity and I hope it's better reason than "because they're there." So far we don't know why, and why they came now (and not 20 or 100 or 1000 years ago).
he is a self-guided weapon of mass destruction.

he was designed with a single purpose - to wipe out man. He is trying to fulfill the purpose for which he was created. There does not have to be some grand design.

As for why now? Prophecy, as good as reason as any.

The comet showed up in the first season. Magic started to reawaken in the world.

The fact than Dany and Jon were on the move to fulfill their purposes (Dany - dragons; Jon - to rule).

That he needed a dragon to tear down the wall. There were no dragons in Westeros until 300 years ago. And those were never driven north of the wall by their rider so that they could be compromised.

etc

Basically, the ring of power had been found in the river Anduin, and the end game was kicked off.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I suppose he never figured out the solution to the Wall.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Regarding Mel never showing back up:

Just thinking about this from a production standpoint - she has her own musical theme. That's how important that side of the story is to the show. Out of all of the other music themes and motifs that have gone by the wayside, it's been after the show permanently closes that storyline out.

Mel has a bunch of storyline connection still out there.
* She knows she'll die in Westeros.
* She told Arya she'd see her again.
* Her death is tied in with Varys's, a point which they reminded us of as recently as S6 with the other red priestess in the Meereen pyramid.
* Unfinished business with Davos to resolve.
* They owe the viewer some sort of payoff with that highly memorable scene of her revealing her true age. That wasn't in there for nothing.

Rampant speculation here, but I also think the ending may touch on reconciling the counter-claims of the religions. They've been a big part of the undercurrent of the show. Old gods, new gods, god of death, lord of light, and apathy/atheism/agnosticism. They put so much intentional late-episode story riding on its back - Faith Militant, Brotherhood/Light magic, weakening of the weirwoods, and an episode centered on bringing Sandor Clegane back from intentional amorality.

I don't think it'll take much screentime, but I bet there will be some veil of resolving the mysticism of the show.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Davos kills Mel, takes out the flaming sword, and is confirmed as Azor Ahai.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mel will probably show back up with a bunch of red priests and priestesses at the last minute whenever the final battle against the NK happens and save everyone, while dying in the process. Just seems that for a religion that is so focused on fighting against the WWs, they have up until this point done absolutely nothing to stop them, minus Thoros.
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Mel will probably show back up with a bunch of red priests and priestesses at the last minute whenever the final battle against the NK happens and save everyone, while dying in the process. Just seems that for a religion that is so focused on fighting against the WWs, they have up until this point done absolutely nothing to stop them, minus Thoros.
My guess as to her purpose is that she will be doing another resurrection before it is all over.
Seabreeze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From the moment my sister introduced me to the books yrs ago I was hooked. Then the show started. Me and the wife watched every week missing very few episodes on Sunday nights. I've never been much of a TV watcher, Star wars guy, or book reader but this story and show took me in full force. To me the last episode wasn't a filler, it wasn't garbage time, it was a final goodbye to alot of characters that for ten yrs have strangely become a part of our lives. We all ask ourselves if we had the chance and allowed just one night with a loved one we lost what would we say. They gave us that in that episode, it allowed us to say goodbye and let go. It was the funeral before the funeral. I loved the episode, but was saddened by it also knowing that as someone said there will be alot of empty chairs in that hall the following morning. Just my 2 cents..
Mayor West
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

gigemJTH12 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I would lay heavy money on Brienne. Everything about her screams 'yer dead.'



Exactly...too obvious IMO

Which is why she will not.... perhaps saved by Jamie who is now fighting in her group.



Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
C@LAg said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Mel will probably show back up with a bunch of red priests and priestesses at the last minute whenever the final battle against the NK happens and save everyone, while dying in the process. Just seems that for a religion that is so focused on fighting against the WWs, they have up until this point done absolutely nothing to stop them, minus Thoros.
My guess as to her purpose is that she will be doing another resurrection before it is all over.
Certainly possible. I just think that it doesn't make sense for her to take off to Volantis just to come back essentially empty handed. I think she probably went to Volantis to round-up support.
Page 137 of 417
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.