****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,162 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cerdock
AG
No Targaryen actually has a claim to the throne. They lost any rights they had by battle to the Baratheons and their allies. According to the genealogy charts provided by grrm - Jamie Lannister actually has the best claim to the throne.
RVAg02
AG
MonkeyKnifeFighter said:

* Her death is tied in with Varys's, a point which they reminded us of as recently as S6 with the other red priestess in the Meereen pyramid.

Ah, the other red priestess and her fantastic....
WestAustinAg
AG
Seabreeze said:

From the moment my sister introduced me to the books yrs ago I was hooked. Then the show started. Me and the wife watched every week missing very few episodes on Sunday nights. I've never been much of a TV watcher, Star wars guy, or book reader but this story and show took me in full force. To me the last episode wasn't a filler, it wasn't garbage time, it was a final goodbye to alot of characters that for ten yrs have strangely become a part of our lives. We all ask ourselves if we had the chance and allowed just one night with a loved one we lost what would we say. They gave us that in that episode, it allowed us to say goodbye and let go. It was the funeral before the funeral. I loved the episode, but was saddened by it also knowing that as someone said there will be alot of empty chairs in that hall the following morning. Just my 2 cents..

Totally agree. Next Sunday will be a blood bath. So many of these characters will be gutted. Very few survivors.
chipotle
WestAustinAg said:

Seabreeze said:

From the moment my sister introduced me to the books yrs ago I was hooked. Then the show started. Me and the wife watched every week missing very few episodes on Sunday nights. I've never been much of a TV watcher, Star wars guy, or book reader but this story and show took me in full force. To me the last episode wasn't a filler, it wasn't garbage time, it was a final goodbye to alot of characters that for ten yrs have strangely become a part of our lives. We all ask ourselves if we had the chance and allowed just one night with a loved one we lost what would we say. They gave us that in that episode, it allowed us to say goodbye and let go. It was the funeral before the funeral. I loved the episode, but was saddened by it also knowing that as someone said there will be alot of empty chairs in that hall the following morning. Just my 2 cents..

Totally agree. Next Sunday will be a blood bath. So many of these characters will be gutted. Very few survivors.

jboog
AG
CJAG90 said:

No Targaryen actually has a claim to the throne. They lost any rights they had by battle to the Baratheons and their allies. According to the genealogy charts provided by grrm - Jamie Lannister actually has the best claim to the throne.

The only best claim to the throne is the one who takes it.
The Dog Lord
AG
C@LAg said:

jenn96 said:

In a lot of ways yes, the show and books are really separate now. But my questions regarding the Night King are purely show-related, since he's a show-only creation. I hope we find out WHY he's coming to destroy humanity and I hope it's better reason than "because they're there." So far we don't know why, and why they came now (and not 20 or 100 or 1000 years ago).
he is a self-guided weapon of mass destruction.

he was designed with a single purpose - to wipe out man. He is trying to fulfill the purpose for which he was created. There does not have to be some grand design.

As for why now? Prophecy, as good as reason as any.

The comet showed up in the first season. Magic started to reawaken in the world.

The fact than Dany and Jon were on the move to fulfill their purposes (Dany - dragons; Jon - to rule).

That he needed a dragon to tear down the wall. There were no dragons in Westeros until 300 years ago. And those were never driven north of the wall by their rider so that they could be compromised.

etc

Basically, the ring of power had been found in the river Anduin, and the end game was kicked off.

I really want to know more about the NK as well. GRRM hasn't been writing a simple good vs evil story, so I feel there is more to it than the NK wanting to destroy all mankind just because (he may still want to, but there's likely a more significant reason for it).

Also, even though the NK has only been confirmed in the show, it doesn't mean he doesn't exist in the books (they just haven't confirmed as much as the show has).

One potential explanation from the books for why the NK/WWs are stirring right now is potentially because of Mance Rayder and the wildlings going through graves and tombs while searching for the Horn of Joramun (rumored to potentially make the wall fall when blown). I believe Ygritte mentions that they may have unwittingly helped the WWs put together their army of wights because they opened so many graves/tombs. Maybe they think the horn has been found too which could be how the wall comes down in the books.
M.C. Swag
AG
Everyone who loves this show should read these 2 tweets and take them to heart:
Bazooka Joe
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Want to make sure I'm reading this right, he thinks Brann IS the NK, right?
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah. (Including Go + Now viewers.)
Quote:

The season 8 premiere's total viewership is now up to 27.7 million viewers after additional weekend plays and continued viewing on other platforms. In comparison, the season 7 premiere had 6.5 million fewer viewers at the same point in time.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-2-ratings-1203195348/

I have been watching this as a group every week. Game of thrones is the kind of event you get a party together for. Just imagine how many more viewers there are
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Seabreeze
We should, out side of Cheers I cant think of a show where everyone in the cast just sits around and goes "shlt, I guess this is it, this is the end"
Swarely
Saxsoon said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah. (Including Go + Now viewers.)
Quote:

The season 8 premiere's total viewership is now up to 27.7 million viewers after additional weekend plays and continued viewing on other platforms. In comparison, the season 7 premiere had 6.5 million fewer viewers at the same point in time.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-2-ratings-1203195348/

I have been watching this as a group every week. Game of thrones is the kind of event you get a party together for. Just imagine how many more viewers there are

Eff that. I typically watch them alone until this season. I told my BIL I would kick him out if he said anything more than "oh ****".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Will definitely miss this.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Stupid question maybe. I read the first 3 GOT novels. Is the latest HBO season based on the GRR Marttin novels or HBO theories? It appears he's writing a 6th book in the series.
M.C. Swag
AG
For those who so haughtily dismissed the "look" by Sansa that some of us may have interpreted as more than just "brotherly affection"...
Seabreeze
Its based off the books pretty close the first 5 or 6 seasons, just not as in dept. Only so much time and money. But you get the meat of the story for the first 3 books in the series. George gave the answers to finish out the last of the TV show to the writers.
OnlyForNow
AG
You must not know the Targaryen family tree too well. It only stopped the incest for a few marriages. For 300 years, most of the Targaryen kings married their sisters, aunts, or first cousins.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Maise... lol

Marcus Aurelius
AG
So in his latest end of his novels he is mentioning the Battle of Winterfell?
Seabreeze
No where close to where the TV show is right now. Like many here, I believe he will never finish the books, it's all up to the show writers and what George has told them will be the final end game.
redline248
AG
OnlyForNow said:

You must not know the Targaryen family tree too well. It only stopped the incest for a few marriages. For 300 years, most of the Targaryen kings married their sisters, aunts, or first cousins.

Yeah, for some reason I thought they stopped. Forgot the Mad King was married to his sis.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
The 5th book ends with the Sons of the Harpy attempting to kill Dany in the fighting pit, Jon Snow getting killed, Stannis preparing to fight Ramsay Bolton in Winterfell, Cersei just did the walk of atonement, Jamie is in the Riverlands, Tyrion is still technically a slave in Mereen, Sansa is still with Littlfinger in Eryie, Bran is with the last greenseer, Arya is blind and still trying to become a faceless man.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OnlyForNow
AG
Most of them, but also lots of half bro half sis marriages as well.

The hook fire and blood talks about how the Targs are somewhat immune to genetic conditions that other folks have with incest. meagor the cruel was one of the only ones to have malformed babies, according to the book.
jenn96
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

The 5th book ends with the Sons of the Harpy attempting to kill Dany in the fighting pit, Jon Snow getting killed, Stannis preparing to fight Ramsay Bolton in Winterfell, Cersei just did the walk of atonement, Jamie is in the Riverlands, Tyrion is still technically a slave in Mereen, Sansa is still with Littlfinger in Eryie, Bran is with the last greenseer, Arya is blind and still trying to become a faceless man.
And came out the year my now third-grader turned 2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is it Sunday yet?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

So the Faceless Men (or Arya) will never experience this moment again?
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

I like how you have to use two "not ___ per se" arguments, and Jon and Dany didn't know it was incest. Those instances don't make it "common."
didn't say it was "common"... you said "ONE" couple engaged in it.

not true at all. At least 4 I listed for you. 2 others were too close for comfort.

it's not common but it's not unheard of or ONE instance either.
only one was a "couple" , its not commonly accepted is probably the phrase he was looking for
Farmer1906
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

And lady stone heart was about to wreck Jamie's world.
PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

For those who so haughtily dismissed the "look" by Sansa that some of us may have interpreted as more than just "brotherly affection"...

It's so weird how much I really liked the Ringer when it formed from the ashes of Grantland...now I think I enjoy maybe 1 out of every 20 or so articles from it. I don't blame them for doing what it takes to earn views/money, but the quality and content is not for me.
chipotle
Cersei is loling at all the Theon/Sansa talk. She's all, "hold my Franzia."
Urban Ag
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

M.C. Swag said:

Want to make sure I'm reading this right, he thinks Brann IS the NK, right?
pity blue star
astros4545
AG
Continue to downplay him all you want

But he has been training, probably the most lethal man on earth with a bow

He has the most dangerous hawk sidekick to scratch out the eyes of any enemy

He is the true Prince that was Promised

He is...

Cromagnum
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

All of that seems so long ago.
Liquid Wrench
Rex Racer
AG
I still dismiss it.
First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.