****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,670 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
gigemJTH12
AG
Yeah...I think they are just wrong too. I didn't get that vibe at all. They have known each other their whole lives, he saved her from Hitler, and he came back to fight for her when his home is literally the safest place on earth right now.

That's the emotion I saw.
gigemJTH12
AG
Interesting take from the guy on Oysters podcast. Not Ross the other guy.

He said he thinks this whole Dany villain thing is a red herring and that she will be loved again by the viewers very soon. He said no way they spent 7 seasons having her free slaves, travel all this way, come help the north, just to be a hated *****. Bc right now I don't think anyone is that big of a fan of her. And most are kinda hoping she dies.

I kind of buy into this. Her downfall has been too hard and too fast. I can for sure see that being a plot diversion just to throw us off, and she redeems herself this week or next.
gigemJTH12
AG
Edit: I didn't mean to use that emoji

And to follow up, I think people are overreacting to how Dany reacted when Jon told her the news. That throne has been her goal her entire life, then she finds out, out of no where, that the guy she's in love with, is not only her nephew, but the rightful heir to the throne.

Oh and his only source is his best friend and his brother.

I think that scene was maybe short so we assume she reacted poorly, but once she processes what she just learned she reacts differently. If she gets the chance to.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's certainly possible, but I also think they have planted enough seeds (small ones) along the way that are clues into her slowly becoming the Mad Queen.

Granted, the downfall did seem to come pretty quickly, but I think it started when she burned the Tarlys.

I'm 50/50 on it right now.
M.C. Swag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Yeah...I think they are just wrong too. I didn't get that vibe at all. They have known each other their whole lives, he saved her from Hitler, and he came back to fight for her when his home is literally the safest place on earth right now.

That's the emotion I saw.

Lol I'm not saying it's 100% what it was. I just got annoyed at a couple posters who condescendingly dismissed anyone who raised eyebrows at that look. I don't for a second think there's time left to cram something like that in. At my watch party it was just a "wait a minute moment."
gigemJTH12
AG
I would say I'm pretty close to 50/50 as well, just playing some devils advocate while also thinking it's pretty practical that this downfall was way too fast.
BowSowy
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

He said he thinks this whole Dany villain thing is a red herring and that she will be loved again by the viewers very soon. He said no way they spent 7 seasons having her free slaves, travel all this way, come help the north, just to be a hated *****. Bc right now I don't think anyone is that big of a fan of her. And most are kinda hoping she dies.

I kind of buy into this. Her downfall has been too hard and too fast. I can for sure see that being a plot diversion just to throw us off, and she redeems herself this week or next.
Disagree. Her character has always toed the line between mad king and benevolent ruler, so it's not surprising to see more of the mad king come out when rubber meets the road.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Character safety chart
gigemJTH12
AG
I also see that as well. Again, I was mostly playing devils advocate...but I do think there's still a good chance she comes out and acknowledges Jon as the rightful heir.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They're gonna pull a Pirates with a shotgun wedding for Jon and Dany in the midst of the battle.

Jon legitimizes Gendry as a Baratheon right before he dies.

Arya is pregnant and the Baratheon line continues.
wangus12
AG
M.C. Swag said:

For those who so haughtily dismissed the "look" by Sansa that some of us may have interpreted as more than just "brotherly affection"...

David Benioff says they are simply looking human solace before on the eve of what could be their demise. Jump to 5:25 in the video.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Also, Theon doesn't have a *****. For most chicks, that's kind of a deal breaker.
M.C. Swag
AG
I get it. It was something worth wondering tho.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I'll be honest in saying that I was never a huge fan of Dany, mainly because of how entitled (just think of her list of titles) she can act sometimes. I do think she will end up not being the villian, but I don't really want her to be the Queen either. I know the tale is mainly about Jon and her, but I really hope Jon rules in the end. He is the only one he doesn't seem to lust for power and control.

wangus12
AG
Certainly didn't mean to come across that way. My bad dude.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well cause honestly, that "look" is basically the capper of a story arc that started years ago and is not the least bit romantic.

They are siblings who were raised together. He betrayed her family, killed people she loved, and eventually made amends to her and her family by saving her from the man who abused both of them.

It's a look of love, forgiveness, and a sort of "I'm glad to be with you before we all die" kind of thing.

I don't mean to come off as a dick, but people who read any romantic love into that look is just weird to me.
Liquid Wrench
M.C. Swag said:

For those who so haughtily dismissed the "look" by Sansa that some of us may have interpreted as more than just "brotherly affection"...

The Ringer is some of the dumbest click-bait out there. I would be embarrassed to link them.
M.C. Swag
AG
Seriously? I don't love every article they post but their website has some of the highest quality content out there (sport and entertainment). Link me to a better content creator please.
Liquid Wrench
Seriously.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Dany's downfall is as long as the series
How about the time she made a business deal, then didn't actually pay and instead had her dragons burn everyone to a crisp? Sure, the slavers were jerks, but if they had backstabbed her and killed her instead, wouldn't you have cried foul?

If your brother was a huge a-hole, but then you saw your husband was about to kill him, wouldn't you say, ya know, he is family, does he deserve to die by having his face melted off? Can't we just banish him? Nope, I'll watch him burn and make a ha-ha about it.

The Tarlys fought with honor and as commanded on the side opposite Dany. She should have used them as political prisoners. Instead she burned their faces off and turned them into soot. Seems like there was another Targ who liked to burn people alive when they didn't agree with him.

You know she's not a classic villain, but she is a character with an objective that has never changed over time. Sitting on the Iron Throne by any means necessary. You get in her way, she removes you. She's done that since the day she smothered Khal Drogo's mentally dead handsome face and burned that witch alive. All we're seeing now is several really popular characters coming together at loggerheads. Jon wants to do the honorable thing (and get laid), Sansa wants to protect her family and the North, and Dany wants to rule (and get laid) -

Jon's birthright throws a huge monkey wrench in her plan. Although it's still just on the words of the law firm of Fat and Crazy. No way she gives up her right to the throne for love though. That's not who she is.
M.C. Swag
AG
Nice link.
Jethro95
AG
Liquid Wrench
M.C. Swag said:

Nice link.
To what?

You girls are suspiciously defensive about your click-bait.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

How about the time she made a business deal, then didn't actually pay and instead had her dragons burn everyone to a crisp? Sure, the slavers were jerks, but if they had backstabbed her and killed her instead, wouldn't you have cried foul?

If your brother was a huge a-hole, but then you saw your husband was about to kill him, wouldn't you say, ya know, he is family, does he deserve to die by having his face melted off? Can't we just banish him? Nope, I'll watch him burn and make a ha-ha about it.

The Tarlys fought with honor and as commanded on the side opposite Dany. She should have used them as political prisoners. Instead she burned their faces off and turned them into soot. Seems like there was another Targ who liked to burn people alive when they didn't agree with him.

You know she's not a classic villain, but she is a character with an objective that has never changed over time. Sitting on the Iron Throne by any means necessary. You get in her way, she removes you. She's done that since the day she smothered Khal Drogo's mentally dead handsome face and burned that witch alive. All we're seeing now is several really popular characters coming together at loggerheads. Jon wants to do the honorable thing (and get laid), Sansa wants to protect her family and the North, and Dany wants to rule (and get laid) -

Jon's birthright throws a huge monkey wrench in her plan. Although it's still just on the words of the law firm of Fat and Crazy. No way she gives up her right to the throne for love though. That's not who she is.

Charlie Conway
BowSowy said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Disagree. Her character has always toed the line between mad king and benevolent ruler, so it's not surprising to see more of the mad king come out when rubber meets the road.
She was obviously affected by telling Sam she killed his family, and wanted to kill Jaime but didn't when Sansa and Jon expressed their opinions of staying, She has a temper but also trusts her advisers.
FIDO95
AG
GRRM has often stated characters are not all good or all evil. They float in the gray are between the two states of being (Still trying to figure out "the good" in Ramsey Bolton?). I don't think the evidence is that Dany is turning into the Mad Queen. Rather, it's to show her fluctuating back and forth between the two.

Furthermore, I've seen the conversation Dany and Jon had in the crypt several times (ok, many and daily). The crack in her voice when she states Jon would have a claim to the throne seems more of shock then anger. In the end, I don't think both survive the wars to come. One will sacrifice themselves for the other and the matter will be moot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charlie Conway
FIDO95 said:

GRRM has often stated characters are not all good or all evil. They float in the gray are between the two states of being (Still trying to figure out "the good" in Ramsey Bolton?). I don't think the evidence is that Dany is turning into the Mad Queen. Rather, it's to show her fluctuating back and forth between the two.

Furthermore, I've seen the conversation Dany and Jon had in the crypt several times (ok, many and daily). The crack in her voice when she states Jon would have a claim to the throne seems more of shock then anger. In the end, I don't think both survive the wars to come. One will sacrifice themselves for the other and the matter will be moot.
Not to mention the shock factor of thinking you're the last surviving member of your family only to find out someone else has been there the whole time.
Phrasing
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Law Firm of Fat and Crazy. Well done - that is awesome.

Although, my counterpoint is that she won't have to give it up. I got the sense that Jon was about to tell her he doesn't care about the iron throne, and he would give up his right to her. (Maybe in exchange for the north being free - who knows). The point is - I don't think Jon - even with the birth right - wouldn't try to take it from Dany. The conversation was just cut short and we didn't get around to that. And I think one of them ends up dead anyway so it really won't matter.

TCTTS went all in earlier on Dany sacrificing herself for the greater good and not turning into the Mad Queen. I would lean that way as well, along with the OCC podcast guy. Probably 70/30 - but a complete spriral to the Mad Queen wouldn't completely surprise me either. Man this show is so good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I got the sense that Jon was about to tell her he doesn't care about the iron throne, and he would give up his right to her. (Maybe in exchange for the north being free - who knows).
Oh, I like this. Nice.
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

She was obviously affected by telling Sam she killed his family, and wanted to kill Jaime but didn't when Sansa and Jon expressed their opinions of staying, She has a temper but also trusts her advisers.
Just as an aside to this, I think Dany had the right to be a little angry and pissed off when Jon told her who he was. Dany had just recently told Sam about killing his dad and brother so obviously he had plenty of reason to lie and try to overthrow her. She also doesn't know Bran at all, other than he is some creeper that is stalking everybody at Winterfell, and its Jon's brother (although not really anymore).
Teddy Perkins
AG
Who else thinks Jon kills the Night King next to the Weirwood? Am I the only one?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Howland Reed time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Howland Reed time.
shhhhh.....

some people get very upset if you (or me) mention

• howland reed
  • AA and NN and LB
  • Volanqar
  • dany's vision or prophecy

CFTXAG10
AG
Stupid question time: We all fully expect Bronn to arrive in Winterfell at some point in episode 3 right?
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.