****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,066 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
AquaCasaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsquirrel97
AG
bonfarr said:

Max Power said:

redline248 said:

I rewatched Ep 2. I think everyone misinterpreted Dany's reaction to Jon telling her the truth. She was shocked and in doubt. Then, when she was saying all that about rightful heir to the iron throne, I don't think she was angry or anything, I think she was trying to get a read on what he was going to say.
It's difficult to say what she thinks, and the reason for me is that I think she's the weakest major actor/actress on the show. She just comes off to me as a lot of false bravado compared to the other strong female characters on the show like Sansa, Cercei, and Arya who all do a much better job in any scene they're in. That scene with her and Sansa alone, Sansa felt like she was in control. But maybe that's all by design, Sansa knows what she wants and why, there's conviction there, and a sense of responsibility.

Dany still just wants the throne because she believes she deserves it based on stories she was told as a child, it's why I do not believe she's even remotely cool with learning there is someone with a more legitimate claim to the throne than her, it's earth-shattering news to her.

The sense of entitlement that Viserys and Danerys had/have is staggering despite their house being banished from Westeros for 17 years they think the world is owed to them. . I would have a hard time bowing to some chick that got everything she has because she married a wealthy powerful man that died.
I had to read this a dozen times, I was sure you were talking about Cersie

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rex Racer said:

Charlie Conway said:

bonfarr said:

Interesting theory from Reddit on what happens to Tyrion. If this happens I will be as upset as I was when they killed Hershell on Walking Dead.

Magnar of Then, killed people with a giant axe, got axed in half
Ser Alliser Thorn, stabbed Jon Snow to death, Jon Snow stabbed him to death
Robert Baratheon, killed Raegar with a war hammer, was killed by a boar, with a hammer
Stannis burned him daught alive, given a sick burn by Brienne

my point is you can pick certain events out but I don't think you can apply that theory to whoever you want.
Ser Alliser Thorne was hanged, not stabbed to death.

The Littlefinger holding a knife to Ned's throat doesn't make any sense because he didn't kill Ned with it. He just held it to his throat.
Urban Ag
AG
This thread has gone from being fun to hot garbage
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Quote:

My predictions:

Premiere: 15M
Finale : 20M
Average per ep: 14M
Premiere: 17.4 M
Ep 2: 15.9 M
Average: 16.6 M

Numbers are slightly up from my predictions so far.

Midseason dips are standard, but I wonder if there won't be a spike next Sunday with the Battle of Winterfell everyone has been waiting for.
gigemJTH12
AG
Are those numbers only live viewers?
redline248
AG
Is Daenerys any more wrong for thinking the crown is rightfully hers than Stannis was? Or Renly? Or, most notably, Joffrey? Robert, in a sense, stole the crown from the Targaryens. There was never a ruler of the 7 kingdoms before them, and the only reason it's not theirs is bc someone who swore an oath to them started and won a rebellion (with the help of the Lannister betrayal). How else is Dany supposed to view it?

In regards to Sansa, Dany (as would any other potential ruler) sees all 7 kingdoms as part of her rule. She did the same thing with Theon and Yara, and Jon. She wasn't going to out of nowhere tell Sansa, "you know what, I'm fine without North." Independence has to be something she gradually starts to consider and be open to. From her perspective for the last 300 years everyone has been just fine being ruled by one monarch, why shouldn't they continue to be?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah. (Including Go + Now viewers.)
Quote:

The season 8 premiere's total viewership is now up to 27.7 million viewers after additional weekend plays and continued viewing on other platforms. In comparison, the season 7 premiere had 6.5 million fewer viewers at the same point in time.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-2-ratings-1203195348/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sadly, we'll never know "real" numbers given the insane amount of pirated streams for this show.

And I've always been curious to see global numbers. I wonder why HBO never releases these.
gigemJTH12
AG
Also have to factor in viewing parties. No other show has viewing parties. Not like this.
WestAustinAg
AG
Quote:

• Tyrion sitting down with Bran had allllll kinds of potential. Tyrion could literally discuss ANY event from the HISTORY of westeros and instead of listening to that conversation, we just had to hear about Missandei and Greyworm's vacation plans. That was a wasted moment.

This isn't a waste. This is the key to Ep 3.

The writers spent a great amount of emphasis that Tyrion had made a huge mistake in trusting his sister (not that it mattered). Daenerys gave him a pep talk and sent him on his way. He feels down. He happens upon Bran. And Bran somehow explains to him an important secret about the relationship of the 3ER to the NK. Tyrion wil use that info to create a perfect counter attack and this will turn the tide in the ep 3 battle. Tyrion has hit rock bottom and is about to reverse his fortunes in my own election desk prediction.

Also, Jon Snow is growing tired of seeing Daenerys being so 100% motivated on avenging her father's death and returning to rule. She is selfish. He was looking for her reaction. He saw her spitting anger at him when she questioned his "tale" of being Aegon. Jon is again...on the rise.

Missandei and Grey Worm are going to high tail it ouf of the North the second the battle is won. This will leave Daenerys with no army (and possibly 1 or 0 dragons). Daenerys is still falling in the election desk prediction.

Jon will die or cede the North Kingdom to his sister. She is smart, good, the personal victim of Cersei and a woman. It's her vs. Cersei for all the marlbes in the final episode of the season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Also have to factor in viewing parties. No other show has viewing parties. Not like this.
That's what I always wonder about, how they factor those in, if at all.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

gigemJTH12 said:

That's what I always wonder about, how they factor those in, if at all.

And bars,,,,,, I guess that's another kind of watching party but not at a house which is what I assumed you meant.

gougler08
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Uhh hello...Bachelor and Bachelorette
wangus12
AG
Quote:

In regards to Sansa, Dany (as would any other potential ruler) sees all 7 kingdoms as part of her rule. She did the same thing with Theon and Yara, and Jon.
Except if I recall, she is going to allow Yara to be the Queen of the Iron Islands "because she asked" and because it will be another female ruler. The only stipulation was they wouldn't rape and pillage the coastline
gigemJTH12
AG
Question...

I want to make my call for Sansa being on the iron throne when this is all done. Does that mean Dany, Jon, and Gendry would all have to die? Or is there some way Jon can "give" her his rightful throne that he just doesn't want.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Renly died in season 2. I assume you mean Gendry?
FIDO95
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

M.C. Swag said:

OT: I really wish people would leave their unsolicited opinions of what 'will happen' out of here and focus more on what DID happen.

Want to know what will happen?

4. The people who did think Howland Reed will show up and clear everything up were wrong.

Take that back ...'cause thems fightin' words

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigemJTH12
AG
Edited! Thanks. Too much thrones on the brain
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Real answer:

If they defeat Cersei, it's basically up to them who they want to put on the throne.

If Dany and/or Jon are dead by that point, and the people decide they want to follow Sansa, Tyrion, or whoever, then it's pretty much who will be on the throne. There's nobody else to claim it.
gigemJTH12
AG
No I get that. But if Jon and Sansa both lives. Can she still be queen? By his choice?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SAtxag16 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's fine and good, but it would be a glaring omission / unresolved plotline, especially with the foreshadowing of her having to die in Westeros.
She's going to be in this season. That's been confirmed.
She won't be at Winterfell

Jon: "Ride south today. If you return to The North, I'll have you hanged as a murderer."
Mel: <turns to leave the hall>
Davos: "If you ever come back this way, I will execute you myself!"

2:55
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

No I get that. But if Jon and Sansa both lives. Can she still be queen? By his choice?
Well, if his "rightful claim" has been accepted by everyone, and he decides to give up his crown, I assume that yes, he can give it to her as the next in line since the Targaryens are all gone and there's no other "rightful heir" at this point, with Sansa being his closest living relative.

Granted this is just my opinion at this point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The main issue for me in this scenario would be:

1. Jon will see the throne as his duty more than anything and will probably take it (What Ned should have done)

2. Sansa has no interest in the Iron Throne and will likely just want to rule the North.

And if we're going full fanfiction mode, I think Tyrion takes the Iron Throne if Jon dies or doesn't want it.
redline248
AG
I've read a number of posts about Tyrion's conversation with Bran having some some key importance to defeating the walkers. He sure seemed overly nonchalant sitting around that fire for someone that just learned an information bomb. I mean, no reason to run and tell Jon or Dany this crucial tidbit. No reason Bran didn't mention it at the war council.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Quote:

• Tyrion sitting down with Bran had allllll kinds of potential. Tyrion could literally discuss ANY event from the HISTORY of westeros and instead of listening to that conversation, we just had to hear about Missandei and Greyworm's vacation plans. That was a wasted moment.

This isn't a waste. This is the key to Ep 3.

The writers spent a great amount of emphasis that Tyrion had made a huge mistake in trusting his sister (not that it mattered). Daenerys gave him a pep talk and sent him on his way. He feels down. He happens upon Bran. And Bran somehow explains to him an important secret about the relationship of the 3ER to the NK. Tyrion wil use that info to create a perfect counter attack and this will turn the tide in the ep 3 battle. Tyrion has hit rock bottom and is about to reverse his fortunes in my own election desk prediction.

Also, Jon Snow is growing tired of seeing Daenerys being so 100% motivated on avenging her father's death and returning to rule. She is selfish. He was looking for her reaction. He saw her spitting anger at him when she questioned his "tale" of being Aegon. Jon is again...on the rise.

Missandei and Grey Worm are going to high tail it ouf of the North the second the battle is won. This will leave Daenerys with no army (and possibly 1 or 0 dragons). Daenerys is still falling in the election desk prediction.

Jon will die or cede the North Kingdom to his sister. She is smart, good, the personal victim of Cersei and a woman. It's her vs. Cersei for all the marlbes in the final episode of the season.
Rewatch:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...
jboog
AG
Episode IV said:

SAtxag16 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's fine and good, but it would be a glaring omission / unresolved plotline, especially with the foreshadowing of her having to die in Westeros.
She's going to be in this season. That's been confirmed.
She won't be at Winterfell

Jon: "Ride south today. If you return to The North, I'll have you hanged as a murderer."
Mel: <turns to leave the hall>
Davos: "If you ever come back this way, I will execute you myself!"

2:55

Maybe, but what happens if they need her to defeat the NK?

Would honestly make more sense to me if she showed up at Winterfell than at KL.
redline248
AG
Mel showing up at Winterfell is as likely as the NK showing up in King's Landing instead of being at this impending battle.

Meaning not at all
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Is Daenerys any more wrong for thinking the crown is rightfully hers than Stannis was? Or Renly? Or, most notably, Joffrey? Robert, in a sense, stole the crown from the Targaryens. There was never a ruler of the 7 kingdoms before them, and the only reason it's not theirs is bc someone who swore an oath to them started and won a rebellion (with the help of the Lannister betrayal). How else is Dany supposed to view it?
I agree with this. I also get why she's upset about all these roadblocks, after all she's been through over the last 7 years to get where she is now. She has a right to be angry that after all of that she now may not get to achieve her goal.

I also fully understand Sansa's position and that of the North.

It's one of the things that makes the show so interesting to me.
AggieZoom
AG
i see saw a foreshadowing in Tyrion's "why do i feel by the end of this, one of you will be wearing this?" moment. I feel like he is going to die before it all ends. The episode had too much of Tyrion in it for my liking ( i like him but not the feeling i was getting after he said that and the rest of the episode had him all over it).
especially towards the end of the episode when he is standing on the castle wall looking out alone into the darkness.... this is just my hunch but i called it as soon as i saw it lol
Slagathor
AG
I agree that Melisandre coming to Winterfell isn't very likely, but both Theon and Jaime showed up with death threats hanging over their heads. I remember Jon telling Theon that if he ever saw him again, he'd kill him. At Dragonstone, when they were on the beach. And Jaime had to know that any Stark or any Northman really would want him dead for what he did to Bran. They both came to Winterfell anyway.
AggieZoom
AG
Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

I can't tell if her immediate reaction is disgust that she's been ****ing her nephew, or disgust that she may have a weaker claim than someone else...

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Would "breaking the wheel" perhaps mean installing a democratic triumvirate? (or some other form of consitutional government?)

Jon, Dany, and Tyrion all sharing the power, their successors voted on by acclaim of the people

3:50

T: I believe in you and the world you want to build, but the world you want to build doesn't get built all at once. Probably not in a single lifetime. How do we ensure your vision endures? After you break the wheel, how do we make sure it stays broken?
D: You want to know who sits on the iron throne after I'm dead, is that it?
T: You say you can't have children, but there are other ways of choosing a successor... The Night's Watch has one method. The Iron Born for all their many flaws, have another.
T: I'm trying to serve you by planning for the long term.
D: ... we will discuss the succession after I wear the high crown....
redline248
AG
mayglan said:

I agree that Melisandre coming to Winterfell isn't very likely, but both Theon and Jaime showed up with death threats hanging over their heads. I remember Jon telling Theon that if he ever saw him again, he'd kill him. At Dragonstone, when they were on the beach. And Jaime had to know that any Stark or any Northman really would want him dead for what he did to Bran. They both came to Winterfell anyway.

Jon told Theon when he first saw him at Dragonstone that the only reason he wasn't killing him was bc he helped Sansa escape. The last time he saw Theon he forgave some of his past deeds.
redline248
AG
AggieZoom said:

Episode IV said:

WestAustinAg said:

definitely that she has a weaker claim to the throne. she even said "that means you have the rightful claim to the throne" or something along those lines lol
incest is common in this show, so i doubt it was them banging that made her cringe

Incest isn't common in the show. One couple engaged it and the Targs stopped the practice due to the disgust of everyone else on the continent.
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.