****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,056 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

Interesting theory from Reddit on what happens to Tyrion. If this happens I will be as upset as I was when they killed Hershell on Walking Dead.

That is interesting, I could also see Bronn having no intention of killing Jaime or Tyrion but he turns the crossbow at Dany and Tyrion sacrifices himself in front of it to save her (even though he was supposed to be hiding in the crypt).

Just so many possibilities. I love this show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like there hasn't been enough discussion on Melisandre's role.

Her whole life has revolved around this. Will she show up in Ep3? What will her final purpose be? How will she even get in the walls of Winterfell?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean, just look at that.

What is hype may never die.
Meant to write this earlier.

Why is the Army of the Living (AotL) arrayed pointing inward? Are they going to try a Swine Head (svinfylking) maneuver to penetrate to the Night King? Otherwise, why wouldn't they be convex in their arrangement so as not to be outflanked?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I would lay heavy money on Brienne. Everything about her screams 'yer dead.'

Exactly...too obvious IMO

Which is why she will not.... perhaps saved by Jamie who is now fighting in her group.

Joseph Parrish
AG
So do we think they start off with the lesser characters? Or do they got GRRM style and go for a bigger death early? (Excluding Dany and Jon, no way one of them dies first).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Episode IV said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean, just look at that.

What is hype may never die.
Meant to write this earlier.

Why is the Army of the Living (AotL) arrayed pointing inward? Are they going to try a Swine Head (svinfylking) maneuver to penetrate to the Night King? Otherwise, why wouldn't they be convex in their arrangement so as not to be outflanked?

2 huge weapons - the dragons - are not portrayed at all on the map.

Maybe the 2 dragons are patrolling the flanks - and ready to swoop into the Godswood from both sides when the NK arrives?

suburban cowboy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Her whole life has revolved around this. Will she show up in Ep3? What will her final purpose be? How will she even get in the walls of Winterfell?

I agree it's not being discussed enough. I think you still see the PTWP and her being sacrificed to create Lightbringer is a real possibility.

How they set that up in the middle of or after the battle will be very interesting.
Charlie Conway
bonfarr said:

Interesting theory from Reddit on what happens to Tyrion. If this happens I will be as upset as I was when they killed Hershell on Walking Dead.

Magnar of Then, killed people with a giant axe, got axed in half
Ser Alliser Thorn, stabbed Jon Snow to death, Jon Snow stabbed him to death
Robert Baratheon, killed Raegar with a war hammer, was killed by a boar, with a hammer
Stannis burned him daught alive, given a sick burn by Brienne

my point is you can pick certain events out but I don't think you can apply that theory to whoever you want.
bonfarr
AG
When the saga is complete are we going to learn that this whole story occurred years before and an old Sam Tarly is recording the stories in a history book in the Citadel like Bilbo Baggins? Martin loves him some Tolkien so I can see that.
agsquirrel97
AG
M.C. Swag said:

OT: I really wish people would leave their unsolicited opinions of what 'will happen' out of here and focus more on what DID happen.

Want to know what will happen?

People will continue to speculate what will happen.

However, I can agree, I would prefer to discuss what did happen:

1. The people who did think the PtwP will not show up in some form were wrong.
2. The people who did think Jon will sit on the Iron Throne were wrong.
3. The people who did think Tyrion will kill Cersei as an undead were wrong.
4. The people who did think Howland Reed will show up and clear everything up were wrong.
5. The people who did think that Sansa and Theon had a moment were wrong.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Alright where do we get rich?

My dead are - based on odds not based on order:

1. Theon - his arc is incomplete but he owes a debt to the Starks. Sacrifice.
2. Tormund - damn't hate to say it but his is an unrequited love and he never really had an arc anyway. he was kept alive only because he was a fan favorite but..... time's up and this one will hurt.
3. Jorah - his arc is complete and he is redeemed in his family
4. Edd - now his watch has ended
5. Davos - he will sacrifice himself for the girl - ugh

As for big names...... one of Tyrion, Dany or Jon dies here (or becomes something else). But it will be the near the climactic end of this battle.

I think Brienne lives for now but sacrifices herself later for Sansa - in KL.

Gendry, Arya, Jaime, Sam all live for now. Jamie's fate is in KL too.

gigemJTH12
AG
I think that post is almost flawless to match my opinion
Charlie Conway
Tyrion, Jon, Dany won't die until:
Tyrion tells someone what he and Bran talked about
Jon and Dany talk about him being Targaryen

until those conversations happen those 3 characters are safe
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

YES! been waiting on these!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to buy into the theory that NK is heading to KL and wiping out the Golden Company.

Winterfell peeps will flee south, NK will march north with his new army, and they get surrounded on both sides.

Some crazy **** will save the day. Maybe this is when Melisandre shows up and the prophecy is fulfilled.

The survivors arrive in KL in the final episode, with only The Mountain guarding Cersei.

Cleganebowl, and Cersei's execution. Sweet justice.
FIDO95
AG

Such a haunting song. Thinking about brought me back to another song on war and loss. There are going to be a lot of empty chairs after 8x3:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jboog
AG
I'll shed real tears when Tormund and Davos die.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jboog
AG
Max Power said:

redline248 said:

I rewatched Ep 2. I think everyone misinterpreted Dany's reaction to Jon telling her the truth. She was shocked and in doubt. Then, when she was saying all that about rightful heir to the iron throne, I don't think she was angry or anything, I think she was trying to get a read on what he was going to say.
It's difficult to say what she thinks, and the reason for me is that I think she's the weakest major actor/actress on the show. She just comes off to me as a lot of false bravado compared to the other strong female characters on the show like Sansa, Cercei, and Arya who all do a much better job in any scene they're in. That scene with her and Sansa alone, Sansa felt like she was in control. But maybe that's all by design, Sansa knows what she wants and why, there's conviction there, and a sense of responsibility.

Dany still just wants the throne because she believes she deserves it based on stories she was told as a child, it's why I do not believe she's even remotely cool with learning there is someone with a more legitimate claim to the throne than her, it's earth-shattering news to her.
I think I agree on the acting chops, but I also think the Dany/Sansa thing was by design. Part of the continued plot development of Sansa getting stronger and Dany's weakening as a leader as she shows she's not really the benevolent leader she made herself out to be originally.

I thought Dany trying to appeal to Sansa as a female leader (though I thought they laid that on a little too thick) and trying to get her to side with her to gain the support of the North and Sansa holding fast to her commitment to the North was very appropriate to the plot and their character arcs.
M.C. Swag
AG
There's no reason for Brienne to live and there's a very very good one for her to die...Jamie. Her death would be exactly what he'd need to push him over the edge to kill Cersei (effectively blaming her for it).
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I would be fine never seeing her again. She was one of the characters I was the least interested in. That's impressive because she was always naked, birthed a demon, burned a little girl, and brought Jon back to life.
Broba Fett
Was the HBO picture quality abhorrent for anyone else? Watching it on DirecTV HD on my 4k TV and at times it looked like it was filmed with a potato.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's fine and good, but it would be a glaring omission / unresolved plotline, especially with the foreshadowing of her having to die in Westeros.
jboog
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That's fine and good, but it would be a glaring omission / unresolved plotline, especially with the foreshadowing of her having to die in Westeros.
She's going to be in this season. That's been confirmed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How will she even get in the walls of Winterfell?

G Martin 87
AG
bonfarr said:

When the saga is complete are we going to learn that this whole story occurred years before and an old Sam Tarly is recording the stories in a history book in the Citadel like Bilbo Baggins? Martin loves him some Tolkien so I can see that.
Truth be told, I'm a bigger fan of Rush than Tolkien. Just wait until Ghost (literally Snow Dog) battles the Night King (By-Tor, Knight of Darkness)!
chase128
AG
Check out @Maisie_Williams's Tweet:
bonfarr
AG
Max Power said:

redline248 said:

I rewatched Ep 2. I think everyone misinterpreted Dany's reaction to Jon telling her the truth. She was shocked and in doubt. Then, when she was saying all that about rightful heir to the iron throne, I don't think she was angry or anything, I think she was trying to get a read on what he was going to say.
It's difficult to say what she thinks, and the reason for me is that I think she's the weakest major actor/actress on the show. She just comes off to me as a lot of false bravado compared to the other strong female characters on the show like Sansa, Cercei, and Arya who all do a much better job in any scene they're in. That scene with her and Sansa alone, Sansa felt like she was in control. But maybe that's all by design, Sansa knows what she wants and why, there's conviction there, and a sense of responsibility.

Dany still just wants the throne because she believes she deserves it based on stories she was told as a child, it's why I do not believe she's even remotely cool with learning there is someone with a more legitimate claim to the throne than her, it's earth-shattering news to her.

The sense of entitlement that Viserys and Danerys had/have is staggering despite their house being banished from Westeros for 17 years they think the world is owed to them. . I would have a hard time bowing to some chick that got everything she has because she married a wealthy powerful man that died.
Farmer1906
AG
bonfarr said:

Max Power said:

redline248 said:

The sense of entitlement that Viserys and Danerys had/have is staggering despite their house being banished from Westeros for 17 years they think the world is owed to them. . I would have a hard time bowing to some chick that got everything she has because she married a wealthy powerful man that died.

Is that how that worked? Because when that powerful man died she was left to be burned alive with almost nothing left of the kalisar (sp?). It was he dragon magic and her actions that built her armies up.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bonfarr said:

Max Power said:

redline248 said:

She arguably got the dragon eggs because of her marriage (although they were given to her from Varys contact that was watching over her), but the dragons were born by her sacrifice, and everything since then was due to them. I don't think anything should be credited to Drogo other than teaching her Dothraki.
Rex Racer
AG
Charlie Conway said:

bonfarr said:

Magnar of Then, killed people with a giant axe, got axed in half
Ser Alliser Thorn, stabbed Jon Snow to death, Jon Snow stabbed him to death
Robert Baratheon, killed Raegar with a war hammer, was killed by a boar, with a hammer
Stannis burned him daught alive, given a sick burn by Brienne

my point is you can pick certain events out but I don't think you can apply that theory to whoever you want.
Ser Alliser Thorne was hanged, not stabbed to death.

The Littlefinger holding a knife to Ned's throat doesn't make any sense because he didn't kill Ned with it. He just held it to his throat.
Furlock Bones
AG
Broba Fett said:

Was the HBO picture quality abhorrent for anyone else? Watching it on DirecTV HD on my 4k TV and at times it looked like it was filmed with a potato.
yes, it's been called out.
annie88
AG
Charlie Conway
that's the point
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.